AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 69 48.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 37.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 10.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.10%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.40%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.70%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-11, 12:33   Link #41
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I was not that gaga over the random references/product placements.

Otoh, w/o subs, the Miyuki scenes, that weird scene in the shop with Go Nagaiesque characters and the family photo album gag (that got me "hey I remember seeing it in the comics!") won me over.

EDIT: the more I watch Yui and Konata, the more I am thinking that the :3 is a hereditary family trait among the female members of Konata's family.
Old 2007-06-11, 12:37   Link #42
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I was not that gaga over the random references/product placements.
You people are starting to spook me now. Oh well I'm actually an episode behind anyway so I won't be watching this one until tomorrow at the earliest.
Old 2007-06-11, 14:02   Link #43
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
ep 10 chinese subs are up! *hyper*
Old 2007-06-12, 13:15   Link #44
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
This one gets an 11/10, especially for the anime/manga store scene and when Kagami and Tsukasa visits Konata's house.

Konata sure has a lot of points cards.
Old 2007-06-12, 14:25   Link #45
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_of_Hell View Post
This one gets an 11/10, especially for the anime/manga store scene and when Kagami and Tsukasa visits Konata's house.

Konata sure has a lot of points cards.
Must be some scene to be create an improper fraction rating. I guess this episode transcends space and time then. We'll see.
Old 2007-06-12, 17:50   Link #46
archanfels

Okay rewatched it with sub, absolutely loved this episode:

- Kona dad is my hero, nuff said;

- I usually find Tsukasa's moeness somewhat forced, but I can't help laughing when she jumped the chance and act all impatient to teach her dad how to send cellphone message, it's so natrually childish it's adorable;

- Miyuki's screentime kept at minimum, which is to my liking (k yuki fan dont hit me), and she's actually kinda cute there too, though predictable;

- Anime store scene = Hilarious even I haven't seen the anime they referred to;

- The twins' hairstyle switching part, it's a bit short, but you can feel the <3;

- Tsukasa scores again with the "whatever" remark on Shiraishi, she does, afterall, has kagami's blood in her vein;

- LOL@ Kagami-sama!

- ROFL@Shiraish's Gihren Zabi tsundere speech, and I'm not even a Gundam fan;

- Did I say kona dad's my hero?

- Still don't like Kagami singing..
Old 2007-06-12, 18:28   Link #47
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I actually gave it a 9.
Not too sure why I did, but there are a lot of little bits that made this episode to me.

Konata's dad definately shines when he appeared, mostly because of his antics but even when he is only mentionned in a mundane conversation between Kona and Kagami.
Lot of fanservice, the obvious being the product placement but the kind I prefered comes in the form of more Tsukasa cute-but-clutz gimmicks, Kagami x Konata dynamics, Konata sreasoning over her life trivias through the scope of her galge, etc.
Then, I've liked how Shirashi dominated this Lucky Channel.

Next episode gonna be christmas eve theme, I'll be waiting.
Old 2007-06-12, 18:47   Link #48
Noppapana
&gt; Haruhiist &lt;

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
i just couldnt stop laughing when Kona-chan talk about her father
the sudden voice change in the line : You are annoying, dad, is hilarious !!
Old 2007-06-12, 19:52   Link #49
cyth
Banned

I'm just dropping in to say that I wouldn't label it as an exaggerated statement if one were to say that episode 10 was the best anime episode ever created!

God, the Xenopittan song, Toyama Kouichi reference and urging fans to finally start using tsundere correctly (by Shiraishi Minoru), Konata's dad being the luckiest man on earth, Animate getting owned... the list goes on.
Old 2007-06-12, 19:54   Link #50
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

I really liked this episode. More of Konata's father is always good in my view. This was also the best Lucky Channel ever. I usually dislike the entire segment (what can I say, Akira just doesn't appeal.) but this was good. ^^
Old 2007-06-12, 20:17   Link #51
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
I'm just dropping in to say that I wouldn't label it as an exaggerated statement if one were to say that episode 10 was the best anime episode ever created!
Somehow I highly doubt that. That's a really silly thing to say considering you can't exactly cross compare different genres with a referential style comedy to determine an all time best anime episode. That's to start, secondly it wouldn't be able to exist without other anime, manga and games to build itself from, so it's not entirely it's own anime, thirdly saying anything is the best something ever is generally a huge exaggeration and likely to cause intense debate and finally in order to justify that statement you would have to had to have viewed every episode of every anime ever created since Otogi Manga Calendar, so it's an extremely easy statement to reject.

I would have stopped at best episode of Lucky Star, but considering I think episode 6 was, I wouldn't agree with that either.

I don't mean to break your balls (Been watching way to much Soprano's recently), because I kind of get a kick out of this post, but you can't expect anybody to take such a post seriously dude. I really hope you don't.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-06-12 at 20:50.
Old 2007-06-12, 22:18   Link #52
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I loved the animate store part with anime tencho XD I was hoping they would shift over to Gamers.

The table scene with Konata's dad was great too ^-^
Old 2007-06-12, 23:20   Link #53
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Watched the subs. Another enjoyable episode:

- Tsukasa makes me glad I don't have that many texting friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata, 06:21
It's a man. Definitely a man.
- Your performance is quite disappointing lately, Kona-chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami, 06:24
No it's not!
- Of course it's not...it's a certain blue-haired girl. And she keeps on denying it.

- Bookstore scene is still a major *facepalm* + LMAO moment. I love how the first time you see the visuals is a WTF, and then knowing what the dialogue meant is another layer of even crazier WTF. The fact they mixed a Haruhi DVD ad in was actually more funny than annoying.

- Konata sleepover is fun.
Question to all: So now we see a little bit more of Kona-chan's house. What do you think her economics status is? She seems to have a front porch of bamboo, though she seems to have a combination living room + dining room.

- Xenopittan and 2ch reference is awesome too.

- Kona-chan's internet behavior struck me weird here. As many have mentioned, she gives off the impression of a much nicer (and smarter) person than she lets on by using complete sentences and perfect grammar with MMO party members and most of all Nanako. So...what's this here with her using the crazy symbolingo of mad 2ch-verse?!

- The one disappointing thing I feel from Lucky Star is how there are a lot of issues that could have expanded themselves to a full episode with very revealing character development, but this never happens due to the strictly slice-of-life rule running around. This series is extremely ripe ground for fanwork. Some examples off the top of my head: Kagami's weight problem, Konata's mother, "Kagami-sama", and Miyuki's lack of situational awareness.

- Bravo Shirashi...FORWARD, TSUNDERE PARTY!

I end this post by encouraging the Complete Tsundere Debate. My word is certainly "Insecurity."
Old 2007-06-12, 23:22   Link #54
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
I always enjoy Lucky Star, but this time it really knocked it out of the park, in my opinion. This show has leveled up!

I can't really point to any one part of the episode, because for me it was a non-stop giggles and smiles fest from the moment I realized Tsukasa was tapping out "barusamikosu" on her phone. The only moment that felt less than thoroughly amusing was Konata and Yui's exchange, which fell a little flat for me. That's a minor complaint against an episode full of awesome, though.

The progression to this point has been constant, but I think this episode finally fully brings the characters out as characters and not punchline-delivery units (they were always written that way, but I didn't feel the delivery necessarily got it across). It wasn't just funny, but heartwarming. Best of all, it was that way the whole way through.

Other notes:
- The store scene was a WTF moment, but hilarious in context of its reference.
- I was hoping Konata's dad would come off as merely enthusiastic and misunderstood. Instead, it's just slightly-creepy. Oh, well, more time for character exposition later. Konata's discussions about him were less creepy and more hilarious, though.
- For some reason, the Mikuru figurine pleased me to no end.
- Miyuki was so adorable! I think I have new avatar material!

And what can follow Lucky Star's best showing yet? LUCKY CHANNEL RETURNS TO GLORY. And it's all Shiraishi's doing! Not only did I find his speech inspiring and utterly hilarious, forcing me to double over in laughter and scrub back to watch what I missed from crippling laughter, but I can relate to his outrage.

Aaah, I am satisfied.
Old 2007-06-12, 23:46   Link #55
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
I always enjoy Lucky Star, but this time it really knocked it out of the park, in my opinion. This show has leveled up!

I can't really point to any one part of the episode, because for me it was a non-stop giggles and smiles fest from the moment I realized Tsukasa was tapping out "barusamikosu" on her phone. The only moment that felt less than thoroughly amusing was Konata and Yui's exchange, which fell a little flat for me. That's a minor complaint against an episode full of awesome, though.

The progression to this point has been constant, but I think this episode finally fully brings the characters out as characters and not punchline-delivery units (they were always written that way, but I didn't feel the delivery necessarily got it across). It wasn't just funny, but heartwarming. Best of all, it was that way the whole way through.

Other notes:
- The store scene was a WTF moment, but hilarious in context of its reference.
- I was hoping Konata's dad would come off as merely enthusiastic and misunderstood. Instead, it's just slightly-creepy. Oh, well, more time for character exposition later. Konata's discussions about him were less creepy and more hilarious, though.
- For some reason, the Mikuru figurine pleased me to no end.
- Miyuki was so adorable! I think I have new avatar material!

And what can follow Lucky Star's best showing yet? LUCKY CHANNEL RETURNS TO GLORY. And it's all Shiraishi's doing! Not only did I find his speech inspiring and utterly hilarious, forcing me to double over in laughter and scrub back to watch what I missed from crippling laughter, but I can relate to his outrage.

Aaah, I am satisfied.
What an outstanding insight on the part of the writers that maybe if they let the man speak a bit more he might do something funny and inject new life into Lucky Channel.
Old 2007-06-13, 00:04   Link #56
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Brilliant episode, one of the best of the series. The parts that surfaced the most were the bookstore scene, and of course LC. Glory for us loyal followers of Akira and company .

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-06-13, 00:16   Link #57
Tzion
needs more Lucky Star.

Send a message via AIM to Tzion
Ahh.... this episode was so good that I signed up to the AnimeSuki forums just to give it a 10. Definitive highlights for me:

- Anime Tenshou
- Tsukasa snubbing Shiraishi during the nickname scene
- Sleepover at Kona-chan's (everything about it)
- Shiraishi's rousing Tsundere Speech

Thoughts:

I *want* that Haruhi poster.
Did anyone else think, even briefly, that Kona-chan was going to proclaim that Kagami as her type? I did.
Old 2007-06-13, 00:47   Link #58
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

I confess, I must echo the positive sentiments being expressed about this episode. This would probably be my favorite episode of Lucky☆Star to date.

- Tsukasa's new phone. Ba. Ru. Sa. Mi. Ku. This makes me want to change my signature...

- Animate scene. Did Kyoto Animation just go shonen battle sequence on us? I had to rewatch this scene over and over again...

- Konata's dad. Like his daughter, he views the world in the same way he views his computer screen.

- Miyuki reading. While a bit boring, I can sympathize with her plight. I'm pretty sure that's happened to me before too...

- Tsukasa jumping to teach her father how to text message. I hardly ever comment or care about moe-ness, but I gotta admit, that was just adorable.

- So...just what kind of stuff DOES Konata's father write?

- The scene where Konata and company talk about her mom just made me laugh so much. "What did Mom ever see in Dad?"

- "Kaioshin Kagami-sama!"

- Easily the best Lucky Channel yet. Shiraishi totally stole the show with his awesome Tsundere rant. What term would YOU use?
Old 2007-06-13, 00:52   Link #59
Nate-Rivers
Minami Luv <3

Send a message via AIM to Nate-Rivers
Definatly one of the best Lucky Stars so far! Looking foward to 11 already
Old 2007-06-13, 00:53   Link #60
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
- Easily the best Lucky Channel yet. Shiraishi totally stole the show with his awesome Tsundere rant. What term would YOU use?
There should be a survey concerning the true definition of the word "tsundere". I personally agree with Sebastian Shiraishi on the importance of knowing the original meaning and origin of the word, but it'll probably be one of those words has dual meanings, one derived from the other.

Closed Thread