AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-28, 06:30   Link #861
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Nice.
But when is Mariko and Triela ever going to show up ?

Those 2 are my favourite charas from their respective series.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 11:04   Link #862
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

Spoiler:
IntrepidAKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 11:19   Link #863
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepidAKP
Spoiler:
Triela is from another anime series, Gunslinger Girl, which stars some artificially augmented little girls doing assassination jobs and such. Elbowlick's comic about Nana also feature girls from that series... well, I guess because that they are all inhumanly super dangerous little girls
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 11:54   Link #864
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

Ah, shows how much I know. I started dling Gunslinger and never finished and then it got licensed.
Old 2004-10-28, 14:43   Link #865
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I just watched this series, Elfen Lied..

It..Its undescribable to me. So many thousands of emotions, So many billions of synapses did it send firing in my brain, I just...All I can say it is one of the most wonderfully done animes to date.

I can not describe my emotions for this because they are so multilayered and complex that even I can not understand them, All I can say is..This anime...This great anime.. Its something for the ages.

Spoiler for Ending:

This anime has definately changed me, I don't know how or why, but I can definately feel a difference. Not on the surface, its like something was changed down in the very core of my being, in the very centure that all that I am eminates from..

Last edited by Komataguri; 2004-10-28 at 15:35.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 17:10   Link #866
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Hrm, Is the Manga been licensed in america?

Because I would like to get it, Buy it if its in America, and translations if its not.
Old 2004-10-28, 17:52   Link #867
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Or it's #35 back from the dead and she's out to get everyone ... hehe

This Anime was very good and I'm sad to see that it's over.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 19:25   Link #868
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
I just watched this series, Elfen Lied..

It..Its undescribable to me. So many thousands of emotions, So many billions of synapses did it send firing in my brain, I just...All I can say it is one of the most wonderfully done animes to date.

I can not describe my emotions for this because they are so multilayered and complex that even I can not understand them, All I can say is..This anime...This great anime.. Its something for the ages.

Spoiler for Ending:

This anime has definately changed me, I don't know how or why, but I can definately feel a difference. Not on the surface, its like something was changed down in the very core of my being, in the very centure that all that I am eminates from..

Sounds like you had the same experience as me. So many contradicting emotions. I didn't know who to love, who to hate. It was just a big mash of feelings that I didn't know how to place. I feel different too, but it's indescribable.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-28, 19:33   Link #869
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Haha......

I wouldn't call EL "life changing" despite being a fan. I'm just in for the Jekyell-And-Hyde theme with a good blend of both cuteness and gore. You don't see too many anime like this so it's worth collecting on DVD.

You guys need to check out more anime. Only a classic such as Grave Of The Fireflies can be call "life changing"
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 19:35   Link #870
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

I've seen Grave of the Fireflies.

It was horribly sad.

Tho it affected me no where near as greatly as Elfen Lied.
Old 2004-10-28, 21:19   Link #871
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

I wouldn't exactly call it life changing myself. I just feel different. Like I personally have just gone through alot of crap when really I just watched this anime.
Old 2004-10-28, 22:41   Link #872
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepidAKP
Sounds like you had the same experience as me. So many contradicting emotions. I didn't know who to love, who to hate. It was just a big mash of feelings that I didn't know how to place. I feel different too, but it's indescribable.
You sound like Kouta.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 23:00   Link #873
Entropy
Flame warrior

Oh god no...

Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 23:34   Link #874
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

eh...what?
Old 2004-10-28, 23:51   Link #875
dreamless

well, Elfen Lied is quite explicitly bloody and violent, but I don't find it to be really that cruel. I'd say shows like Gunslinger Girl, Infinite Ryvius, Narutaru, Now and Then Here and There, etc. are much crueller, much more psychologically disturbing than Elfen Lied. I'd say this show is not really that cruel deep down, especially as it has modified/left out lots of the really cruel plot development in the manga.
Old 2004-10-29, 00:01   Link #876
philupthetank86

Send a message via AIM to philupthetank86 Send a message via MSN to philupthetank86 Send a message via Yahoo to philupthetank86
The song is brilliantly beautiful.
philupthetank86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 01:51   Link #877
ultramantaro

I felt this series was great and ended on a high note. A high note meaning - you will now want to read the manga!

I don't find it disturbing at all, but rather as an imitation of the darker side of life. If you find it disturbing you are probably still sheltered. Go out and learn and you will realize you will just take it on face value.
ultramantaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 03:13   Link #878
dreamless

Err... I don't think Elfen Lied resembles reality much, and IMO that's exactly why it isn't really that disturbing. It's kinda hard to relate to the thought process of some superhuman mutants, actually I can't really relate to any character in EL, those kind of characters just feels so... out of reality... That's why I think series like Infinite Ryvius, Narutaru, MONSTER, Now and Then Here and There, etc. are much more disturbing, the characters in those series are much more... "normal-human-like" I guess, which are much easier to relate to. The EL characters are more or less going extremes...
Old 2004-10-29, 11:30   Link #879
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarBhaD
Man, I don't know where do you live or what do you do, but I swear: nothing barely similar to what we can watch in Elfen Lied happens around here.
Yeah, sure that there's lots of "bad people" out there, but not that much in comparison to "normal people". Those are the exception, not the rule.

So saying that "reality is like this" isn't true at all, it's just the ugliest and smallest part of it. At least, that's how I see it.
I may think that you aren't that old yet GarBhaD, because except for the psychic girls cutting off limbs and the fact that every girl in this Anime is HOT this does look like a slice of life.

1) Bosses are cruel and dumb to their employees.
2) Some fathers do rape their children
3) Lots of children do develop complexes during their younger years, especially orphans.
4) There are people with guns who just smack other people around just because.
5) Denial is a common side effect of trauma.
6) Some really stupid people graduate out of the best universities.
7) The government is involved in a ton of covert things that you don't know about.
8) A melody heard many years ago sometimes just brings back some buried memories.

and the list goes on. Very Real Life.

I probably wouldn't have watched this except for the fact that it has hot psychic girls cutting peoples limbs off
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 12:45   Link #880
Elbowlick
Sakura Fan

Speaking of hot vector-wielding girls, has anyone wondered why Nana's body is in as good a shape as it is (before the whole 'losing her arms of legs' thing)?

After all those experiments and those metal balls being shot at her, why isn't her body covered in bruises, cuts, stitches, etc? I've always wondered about that... ... : /

Last edited by Elbowlick; 2004-10-29 at 12:59.
Elbowlick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen