AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-06, 00:13   Link #181
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

Watched the first episode. My opinion on this anime. The ink like art is very captivating. The censorship with hints of fanservice is not over the top. Characters seem intriguing. The plot is a slightly cliche or so, but it's not like those typical animes(at least for now anyways). Overall, another anime on the "to watch list."
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 04:42   Link #182
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

FINALy we have a REAL GAR TO THE START

male lead god cant w8

and im sick of weak male lead in the start it kinda refreshing seeing a GAR already male lead from the get go
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 07:19   Link #183
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Fortunately, I'm in it for the fanservice alone. I already dislike the male protagonist because of that particular seiyuu for the voice, so skins to distract me from the implicated plot point from various degree.
I'm kinda with you on a certain dislike for Hirakawa Daisuke here but I'm not sure if it's down to my dislike at the fact he voiced a certain other character or I just don't actually think he suits the part, which I think I may be leaning towards the latter but also with the former having some influence.

I was expecting something a little grittier for the main lead, guess I'm still all hopped up on Sengoku Basara when it comes to stuff do with this period or samurai

Last edited by Bonta Kun; 2010-09-06 at 11:06. Reason: brain fart mistake
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 08:23   Link #184
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
FINALy we have a REAL GAR TO THE START

male lead god cant w8

and im sick of weak male lead in the start it kinda refreshing seeing a GAR already male lead from the get go
Yeah same here. Nothing against Minato but I really am tired of him standing behind his Sekirei look frightened. Mineakira (this guy needs a nickname) seems pretty awesome and a refreshing break from the usual males in supergirl anime.
Old 2010-09-06, 08:28   Link #185
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Okay... uh... I'm curious but is this for the most part hand-drawn animation or computer generated/assisted? From an animation standpoint this is either a labor of intense love or they have a ginormous budget for the show.

I'm really curious because I'd be lying through my testicles if I didn't admit that the animation is fantasmagorgeous.

Anyway where would one be without the effeminization of Hattori Hanzo, Yukimura Sanada, a few of the famous Yagyu, Matabei Goto and... uh... that's all the names I recognize historically.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2010-09-06 at 08:40.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 08:40   Link #186
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

^ I'd imagine most of it is done by computer graphics with hand-drawn drafts. But what do I know.
Old 2010-09-06, 10:51   Link #187
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Muneakira is played by Hirakawa Daisuke. Someone earlier seemed to suggest it was Miyano Mamoru, but it isn't. Personally, I do like Mamo-chan, and am not a big fan of Hirakawa, but I got more used to him as the episode wore on, and I like the character.

Hirakawa played two of my least favorite characters: Makoto in School Days and Naoki in Itaura na Kiss. He was also Franz in Gankutsuou and Yuuto in Omamori Himari.

Here's a full characters/seiyuus page for Hyakka Ryouran, with pics.

I'm also no expert in animation, but it seemed to me that they used a lot of tricks (in a good sense) to make the animation look more expensive than it was. The early fights involved a lot of still layers just shifted around. And I thought the bold lines held your attention so frames with very little movement weren't boring. I got a Shaft-like feel from the combination of stylish art and money-saving tricks. I liked the swirling streamers of dark colour.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-09-06 at 11:39.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 10:51   Link #188
tsunade666

well the graphics of this show is really superb. With a different layer for each background and the characters. I really like it too if only they would tone down the random ink blotting. I think they want to make it like blood or something be each scene but when it totally covered my view of the scene... I go ... huh? even though it look cool on some point but I wish it more like red though that would be too bloody than just black and usual color for blood is black... well anyway I just find to much of that ink blot irritating.
Old 2010-09-06, 10:58   Link #189
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I actually liked Naoki in Itazura na Kiss. He was an ass with a heart of gold.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 11:07   Link #190
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Anyway where would one be without the effeminization of Hattori Hanzo, Yukimura Sanada, a few of the famous Yagyu, Matabei Goto and... uh... that's all the names I recognize historically.
Haha well they did for the 3 Kingdoms, why not cash in on a big project for effeminization of their own historcal figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Muneakira is played by Hirakawa Daisuke. Someone earlier seemed to suggest it was Miyanao Mamoru, but it isn't. Personally, I do like Mamo-chan, and am not a big fan of Hirakawa, but I got more used to him as the episode wore on, and I like the character.

Hirakawa played two of my least favorite characters: Makoto in School Days and Naoki in Itaura na Kiss. He was also Franz in Gankutsuou and Yuuto in Omamori Himari.
Oh thats my bad, got my seiyuus mixed up, I did mean Hirakawa Daisuke and not Miyano Mamoru, can't find fault in Mamo-chan's work

fixed in previous post
Old 2010-09-06, 14:13   Link #191
Kagayaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
well the graphics of this show is really superb. With a different layer for each background and the characters. I really like it too if only they would tone down the random ink blotting. I think they want to make it like blood or something be each scene but when it totally covered my view of the scene... I go ... huh? even though it look cool on some point but I wish it more like red though that would be too bloody than just black and usual color for blood is black... well anyway I just find to much of that ink blot irritating.
I assume there will be some sort of uncensored version if you find the ink distracting (well, more distracting than naked tits everywhere and fanservice up to 11).

This is definitely the best looking anime series i've seen in a good while, though. Add that to the non-spineless harem protagonist (sigh, my standards have gotten so low), and it look like I'll be watching this in the fall.
Old 2010-09-06, 23:04   Link #192
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I loved it but something was off-putting about it so I'll have to have another episode before I add it to my watch list.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 00:07   Link #193
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I don't have a problem with the censoring other than the fact that if they're gonna censor it, they shouldn't bother drawing it in a way where they have to censor it in the first place.

And the ink drops for censoring are fine, but the random ink drops that just pop up for no good reason during the episode really are visually irritating. I can understand artistic direction, but sometimes it just got to be too much.

All that being said, I still think it's pretty good, even if I don't know what the hell is going on or what time period they're supposed to be in.
Old 2010-09-07, 01:32   Link #194
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
All that being said, I still think it's pretty good, even if I don't know what the hell is going on or what time period they're supposed to be in.
The story takes place in the 22th year of the Heisei period (2010)

The B29s destruction scene in the beginning occurs in the 20th year of the Showa period (1945)
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 02:26   Link #195
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
but DAMMIT INK SPLOTS!!!!!!DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!

but hey its better than fogs right?
Much better, since the fog censors cover more than just the censored stuff. Nothing like three quarters of the screen covered up just so you can't see some nipples. On the other hand, I could give a shit about the censorship. If I want to see naughty bits there's so many other (free even) ways to do it. The only reason there's so much censored stuff these days is so they can tempt you into buying the uncensored disks. Yay.

Anyway. Nice first ep. Definitely lots of potential, but on the downside the second episode won't be out for a bit. The Street Fighter animation was very well done and the thick outlines make the overall feel pretty refreshing. Characters...meh, but at least the male lead showed some spine.

So all things considered, this episode did exactly what it was supposed to do, draw me in, keep me interested, and wanting to watch the next episode.
Old 2010-09-07, 04:34   Link #196
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
I don't have a problem with the censoring other than the fact that if they're gonna censor it, they shouldn't bother drawing it in a way where they have to censor it in the first place.

And the ink drops for censoring are fine, but the random ink drops that just pop up for no good reason during the episode really are visually irritating. I can understand artistic direction, but sometimes it just got to be too much.

Yeah, I agree completely with what you're saying. If they want to have it for example when the guy accidentally bumped into the girls changing then that's fine, that scene's purpose is just fanservice anyway. Howeever, when they're already having some plot related serious talk, a small ink blot is still covering that Matsu-something fundoshi girl's nip shot, right in the middle of the screen, and it's quite distracting. I'd rather they cover it better with her clothes than to use extra censoring. Still, it is better than fog, and there's still the uncensored option airing later if I'm not mistaken.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 09:43   Link #197
Cloudy

Since the story takes place in the year 2010, is it possible the creators would throw in gender-fliped versions of Japanese historical figures from non-Sengoku Jidai eras such as Minamoto No Yoshitsune and the Shinsengumi?
Old 2010-09-07, 12:28   Link #198
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...And the ink drops for censoring are fine, but the random ink drops that just pop up for no good reason during the episode really are visually irritating. I can understand artistic direction, but sometimes it just got to be too much....
For me, the artistic aspect makes up for the extra blots. We don't just get awkward intrusions of censorship, but a natural pattern of blots here and there that happens to accomplish the task. And I like the idea that the blots are not just picking out the things-to-be-censored, but by being elsewhere, too, remove emphasis from the "naughty bits."

But certainly the dark blots, dark swirls, and dark outlines could all easily tip over into just making the images too dark and confused.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-09-07, 13:56   Link #199
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Who's voicing the redhair? Her last lines were awsum.
Old 2010-09-07, 14:08   Link #200
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Who's voicing the redhair? Her last lines were awsum.
YUUKI Aoi, age 18, formerly Korone in Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou; Sunako in Shiki; Mina Tepes in Vampire Bund; Ichigo in Yumeiro Patissiere; Murasaki in Kurenai. In my opinion, she is the great voice of the next generation. She just keeps showing us more and more, as she does here. Many posts about her in my blog.

Watch for her this fall in five new shows: Pokemon Best Wishes, Yumeiro Patissiere Professional, Sore demo Machi wa Mawatteiru, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai, Hyakka Ryouran, and a new Kurenai OVA episode. And continuing in Shiki (which is a great show).

Tags
action, ecchi, light novel adaptation, seinen, shounen