AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-21, 00:44   Link #181
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
@Yumi-san
In every country there's always close minded people, but it's up to you whether you let them rule over your life or not..

@Fweakin
Ahh! Thank you for the review! n_n
And, no.. I also do not think it's "glue" of jealousy, over-possessiveness and various manipulative behaviors" nor deficit', 'fear', 'anxiety'..

What I kinda wanted to concentrate is women look for other women because of the reason of looking for emotional depth, because women tend to understand each other better than a man and a woman in a relationship. Sometimes what men don't understand, they make up for actions..

The fact that it holds true for me is because I look for someone who we can have an emotional depth in relationship.. We understand each other, therefore creates positive atmosphere (like in MariMite).

I know this is not true, but when I was young, I used to think all men are perverted.. Only wanting sex from a woman, and when they get married, they become commanding and just a lazy couch potatoes, which I hate..

Anyway, of course that's not true with all men.. But so far, all 90% of men I know in my life are like that, so sometimes I'm really biased even if I try to force myself not to..

So, now I think "most" *(note: not all) men are perverts cause some of them think about sex every hour! ZOMG! lol

I just hate it when someone will like you for physical reasons, or to take care of them (acting all mommy-like), or they even think about having sex with you.. It just makes me puke.. @_@

Anyway, of course I'm not pronouncing the article I posted is "THE TRUTH", but the reason is I'm looking out there for more opinions and inputs so I myself would also have a better understanding as whereas why I have a hard time choosing men even when I'm bisexual..
Old 2007-09-21, 10:51   Link #182
Yumi-san

Quote:
So, now I think "most" *(note: not all) men are perverts cause some of them think about sex every hour! ZOMG! lol
Really ?. I haven't known that before.Maybe this is difference between boy and girl.^_^

Quote:
I just hate it when someone will like you for physical reasons, or to take care of them (acting all mommy-like), or they even think about having sex with you.. It just makes me puke.. @_@
But in my opinion , your beauty is one of important parts of love.Think of that, your lover will be proud of you, and in fact, a pretty girl easily find a lover, do you think so?
Of course things insinde you as your soul, thought are the most important.

In my country, there is a joke : " Hoping to love the person who you will marry, not hope to marry the person who you love". in some case , I think it is right.
Old 2007-09-22, 11:13   Link #183
Stephanie

Yeah, beauty appeals to the person at first.. And only at "FIRST"

I think what's more appropriate word is "presentable", a person has to be presentable, male or female, even if they don't have the looks..

Oh yeah, some added a heap of new comments, want to read it?
Tales of Lillian

I, myself, journey on to find more understanding within myself, so the posters there are kind enough to explain a lot of things to me.. They have had experience I myself had not, so therefore they should know about this things more than I do..

Though, to break the ice, I sometimes question myself:

Spoiler for Rantings:
Old 2007-09-23, 09:34   Link #184
Yumi-san

Quote:
Everytime I remember the quote from Spiderman, "Sometimes, in order to do what's right, we have to give up the things we want most.." knocks me.. So I should just give up my happiness to do what's right, I guess.. *Sigh* Sorry for negative energy about my ranting"
But to you, what's right and what's wrong? And why do you give up yorur happiness. If I have a chance to get happiness, I will seize it by any ways.I am not the hero, I am the human being , so I want to love and to be loved, I don't need to know that what is right or wrong, hope you have good decision. And private question: What's kind of girl/boy do you like, Stephaine

Last edited by Yumi-san; 2007-09-23 at 10:39.
Old 2007-09-23, 13:44   Link #185
Stephanie

Well, for me, the reason I'm at lost to being bi and freely loving another girl or not is not because of society and what other people will think.. Anyone else's thoughts don't really matter to me..

What matters to me is, I wonder if God would still accept me..
That is all, that is why I try to prevent myself, and maybe just grow up being single..

Spoiler for long rant about your private question:
Old 2007-09-25, 09:48   Link #186
Yumi-san

You seem to be the godly, but as you advise me : live for your life not for anything, I think ecuGod is enough lenient to understand everybodybecause he is God. Well, those are high criteria, hihi but i thins he/she is lucky to become your partner
Old 2007-09-25, 20:38   Link #187
farr5792

I think your high expectations regards to your past experiences with men.

to soranotsubasa-san, I already add you in my buddy list...muahaha..
Old 2007-09-26, 04:44   Link #188
Stephanie

@Yumi
Yep, He is indeed kind, but when I get this feelings, I am suddenly reminded (I think by Him) to stop myself.. *sigh*
So, I must..

And having me lucky? Well, I'm kinda a hitler at times and quite cold and quiet, though wacky at most part.. Still, I don't think I'm that "BOOM!" I am just an ordinary person who just speak up a lot, lol..

@Farr
That's weird, I never had a boyfriend..

Anyway.. Back to the topic..

How about you guys? Anything to share?
Old 2007-09-28, 00:09   Link #189
Bonjour
Rosa Gigantea

Cava everyone!
Haven't been able to go online..

About the article, I myself am confuse with it. @_@

Anyway, about being "An ordinary person who just speak up a lot", isn't it when you speak up that people get to know who you really are? *boink*

Anyway, you all have told how it went bad for you, your 'relationship' or if it didn't work out.. How about telling the story about you and that special person you guys are mentioning? Like how you guys knew each other and how your feelings started.

As for me, well, the girl wanted but I refused as to we won't go anywhere, but that was my belief years back, I don't know now. Loving someone isn't a sin right? As long as you don't do anything physical. Who ever said loving another person is a sin?

I'll tell my story afterwards I see you guys tell yours
(OMG, I am so demanding )
Old 2007-10-02, 01:54   Link #190
farr5792

Steph...
You do have lots of boy friends but none of them is special..muahaha..
What I meant before is your past experiences with men in your family. They do something you don't like and you don't want your boyfriend to have that kind of quality/attitude.

Spoiler for My not-so-interesting story :D:

Spoiler for Another not-so-interesting story;):

Last edited by farr5792; 2007-10-02 at 02:59.
Old 2007-10-03, 05:28   Link #191
Stephanie

@Bonjour-san
Seriously, if I had went into this thread before yesterday, I may have told my long whatever story..

But you know what? Never mind, why would I bother with something that has already happened just to dwell and recall it again? Why go back to it? It;s over for me.. I have told my story so many times to so many different people..

Though it may imply to some here since they can't share to others, but for me, sure memories and love will always have a place in our heart even though it had happened and it had gone and new things have come to place, but I'm tired of dwelling on it.. A friend had noted to me before that I don't know how to move on.. But now, it's a cut..

Anyway, I've found out why the hell we loved animes like Maria-sama, and to some of you Mai-Hime/Mai-Otome, Kannazuki no Miko, Strawberry Panic (<~scrap this) and Revolutionary Girl Utena.. It's because we are 'envied' by how free they are, yet they seem so pure.. We don't realize we were viewing them as our 'fantasy world'.

You know, there really isn't any 'wrong love', so why are we torturing ourselves? If we confess and get rejected, hell let's accept it as well! Rejection is part of growth after all.. Isn't it happy that even when we walk through life's roads, even if many would contradict us we smile because we fight for ourselves.. We fight for 'what we live for'

I just finished watching "Revolutionary Girl Utena" and I have no clue if it replaced my love for MariMite or not, but I love both animes like heck!!

Anyway, this thread and other MariMite thread might soon get deleted as the anime is getting licensed, and all animes only allowed here are unlicensed..

I, myself, am also packing away.. Going to face the world with all my will.. Sure, my fantasy world of this relationship may be an appetite to my hunger, but I do not want to lock myself forever.. I'm coming out..

Here's something I wanna share, for those who are interested, since I'm going out of topic:
CLICK (Though, you should only read the 1st 2 posts..)

I learned a lot from this thread and our discussion, I do treasure all your views and opinions.. Just PM me if any of you want to discuss things with me, and I'll get back to you.. I promise n_n

@Farr-san
Teacher huh? I think all homeroom teachers are caring for their class, but she might've been amused by you that she treats you like her own daughter.. n_n
(Just stating it in another way, it's usually uncommon for an older woman to fall to someone less her age)

As for your friend, if it's a kiss in a cheek, it's usually called a 'friendly kiss', I have a bestfriend, and she knows very well I really like her, yet she kisses me in the cheeks, but it doesn't really mean anything for us..

As for the boy, screw him, lol.. He can't act like a man and tell you exactly things, he ignores you? Kick him in the nuts! lol just joking..

Well, hmm, sorry if I seem quite much contradicted on what you have posted, like you wanted to see them as someone who loves you 'in a different way', though I might be wrong, I don't know the whole side of the story after all! I'm just stating that, when we love, sometimes we see things differently from what really is happening, and truth may be harsh, but it's like a cool fresh water good to drink..

Well, your stories are quite short, so there.. =P

Anyway, got to go for now, quite in a hurry..
Old 2007-10-04, 18:23   Link #192
GaldierErigard
The Dark One

I have got to be the biggest fool when I say this, but I think I've created a bond of some sort with the characters of Marimite.

It's almost as if I had been spending time with them as I watched each episode (I suppose I'm done with the entire anime now.), basically I feel their happiness and sadness as if they were friends for real... but that's not the point!

I'm a male, a masculine one too, is it even right for me to be watching this? I mean even my brother had a good laugh, if my parents find out...
Old 2007-10-04, 20:23   Link #193
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaldierErigard View Post
I have got to be the biggest fool when I say this, but I think I've created a bond of some sort with the characters of Marimite.

It's almost as if I had been spending time with them as I watched each episode (I suppose I'm done with the entire anime now.), basically I feel their happiness and sadness as if they were friends for real... but that's not the point!

I'm a male, a masculine one too, is it even right for me to be watching this? I mean even my brother had a good laugh, if my parents find out...
Hey if you feel through the characters then that just means you've made a good connection. It doesn't sound weird at all to me. It's also the sign of a good story; stories are only good if one can connect with the characters

And if you enjoy watching it then I don't see how could be wrong.
Old 2007-10-04, 20:34   Link #194
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour View Post
Loving someone isn't a sin right? As long as you don't do anything physical.
Since when loving someone and "do anything physical" is a sin? *Check the calendar* It is 2007, not 1887.
Old 2007-10-05, 01:26   Link #195
Fweakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaldierErigard View Post

I think thats just a testament as to the quality of character development of the show. I think any genre of story is watchable if the characters are well developed enough.

And I see its your first post, so welcome
Old 2007-10-05, 03:33   Link #196
Yumi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
@Bonjour-san

Anyway, I've found out why the hell we loved animes like Maria-sama, and to some of you Mai-Hime/Mai-Otome, Kannazuki no Miko, Strawberry Panic (<~scrap this) and Revolutionary Girl Utena.. It's because we are 'envied' by how free they are, yet they seem so pure.. We don't realize we were viewing them as our 'fantasy world'.

Well, your stories are quite short, so there.. =P

Anyway, got to go for now, quite in a hurry..
Thay's all I thought, but only envied with them but also we admire them, all of them are really wonderful, they have the best characteristic , oh you have seen many anime, I only saw Marimite, and Kannazuki Miko, maybe I will see Mai Hime.....
Old 2007-10-05, 05:22   Link #197
sa547
*Author

This is my very first official registration here, after lurking for so long in the Marimite department. So I decided to share my thoughts.

Quote:
Basically, as the title did say, we all love this anime (well, at least those who go to this thread, right?) but a person never really likes a certain story/topic until he/she can relate to it..

So, how did Maria-sama influence you or became part of you or is part of you?

It can be the stories in your life, relationships, etc.

How did each character (Sei, Sachiko, Yumi, Yoshino, Shimako, Rei, Noriko, Youko, Tsutako, Mami, Touko, Kanako, Eriko, Kashiwagi, etc) play in you?
To be honest, of all characters in the tale, Sachiko became one of my strong favorites because we seemed to share common traits and problems -- especially family problems.

In the online game I'm playing (as well as being a forum moderator for it), I felt it was my overall responsibility -- given my age -- to watch after the younger players who may have to be guided and given advice on how to survive within that game, and how to conduct themselves in that forum. In due time it became my moral responsibility to do something right on behalf of those players by representing them, and using my authority as a moderator to try to fix problems -- by diplomatic means -- between the players and the management of the online game they patronize. In effect, I have to step into Sachiko's shoes -- to act as the ultimate sempai -- whenever it's time to do things right.
Old 2007-10-05, 10:35   Link #198
Stephanie

@Yumi-san
I'd personally try "Shoujo Kakumei Utena" or "Revolutionary Girl Utena"
I'd thought NOTHING can ever replace my love for Maria-sama as an anime,
As I find it such a classic within me, I was wrong.. Utena's AWESOME!! n_n

Also, unlike all other Yuri/Shoujo Ai animes like KnM or SP or Mai Hime/Otome,
Both MariMite and Utena are intended for girls to watch, the others are for male audience..

Here, click this smiley
I posted some videos of it here, or you can see them in my YouTube account..

Spoiler for Samples:

My love for Marimite = Utena, I never thought it was possible, both a classic! n_n
I can't stop thinking about the girl in my signature and the story for 3 days straight already..
She's my idol!! XD

I always wanted to become prince, or to be somebody's hero..
My fantasy world was always to be the hero in an RPG world with a female companion n_n
It could be group, or so.. anyway, I'm ranting off topic.

@New members
Welcome!! n_n
I couldn't be happier to have new members here, though, an admin said it's getting licensed, and all animes here are unlicensed.. If Maria-sama did get licensed, I'm afraid this thread will have already been deleted.. T__T

@guest
I think, since she feels the same way I do, she is speaking in terms of 'religion' and defying God..

@soulassasin
What online game? The Ran Online Philippines?

What about in your life? Ever felt these characters could relate to you? (besides the game, I mean)

Anywayy, going back to what I wrote before, as a girl.. I have to stop living in a fantasy world, the world may not accept or may contradict me in so many ways, but I'd be happy if I know I've fought for my own goals in life..

Fantasy world are for people still trying to find their fill in it.. As said also in Utena which is focus on having childish desires of prince, princess, castles, etc. the only way you could face reality is to leave them and move on.. I'm not saying they're not important at all, but too much fantasy world could drug you and lead you into your shell, and a chick cannot be born without breaking the egg.. As I just quoted in that anime

Last edited by Stephanie; 2007-10-05 at 11:03. Reason: Added some samples in spoiler
Old 2007-10-05, 12:12   Link #199
Thingle
Banned

Do away with your presumptions about men, Stephanie.
Old 2007-10-05, 12:13   Link #200
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
Quote:
@Yumi-san
I'd personally try "Shoujo Kakumei Utena" or "Revolutionary Girl Utena"
I'd thought NOTHING can ever replace my love for Maria-sama as an anime,
As I find it such a classic within me, I was wrong.. Utena's AWESOME!! n_n

Also, unlike all other Yuri/Shoujo Ai animes like KnM or SP or Mai Hime/Otome,
Both MariMite and Utena are intended for girls to watch, the others are for male audience..

Here, click this smiley
I posted some videos of it here, or you can see them in my YouTube account..

Spoiler for Samples:

My love for Marimite = Utena, I never thought it was possible, both a classic! n_n
I can't stop thinking about the girl in my signature and the story for 3 days straight already..
She's my idol!! XD

I always wanted to become prince, or to be somebody's hero..
My fantasy world was always to be the hero in an RPG world with a female companion n_n
It could be group, or so.. anyway, I'm ranting off topic.

@New members
Welcome!! n_n
I couldn't be happier to have new members here, though, an admin said it's getting licensed, and all animes here are unlicensed.. If Maria-sama did get licensed, I'm afraid this thread will have already been deleted.. T__T

@guest
I think, since she feels the same way I do, she is speaking in terms of 'religion' and defying God..

@soulassasin
What online game? The Ran Online Philippines?

What about in your life? Ever felt these characters could relate to you? (besides the game, I mean)

Anywayy, going back to what I wrote before, as a girl.. I have to stop living in a fantasy world, the world may not accept or may contradict me in so many ways, but I'd be happy if I know I've fought for my own goals in life..

Fantasy world are for people still trying to find their fill in it.. As said also in Utena which is focus on having childish desires of prince, princess, castles, etc. the only way you could face reality is to leave them and move on.. I'm not saying they're not important at all, but too much fantasy world could drug you and lead you into your shell, and a chick cannot be born without breaking the egg.. As I just quoted in that anime
I have to agree with you: It makes a huge difference when it comes down to intended audiences. Every time I tell someone I like shoujo-ai/yuri I feel like I have to add: "But I am not a fanboy!" (And I don't say that to offend the males who do like the stuff that's intended for a female audience--it's my way of merely saying; "I'm not just in it for the "hawt lesbian secks")

And Utena is classic. I remember watching it when I was thirteen and it was like the ultimate consolation in a way. To me it's absolute genius.