AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 63 40.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 34.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 16.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-02, 02:08   Link #101
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Without checking their previous work.. based on K-On 5 episodes alone.. Only Ritchan that performing adequately IMHO. And maybe Nodoka.. but she didnt get enough lines.

Take for example Mugichan's ma ma ma .. You can actually tell that she actually counted 6 times for it. Just for the sake of meme.

Sawachan, broke her voiced after her guitar performance, trying to switch around.

Yui, in last episode, tries to hard to sound cute, listen to her lines when she asked who was the one that suggested her guitar..

Mio just sound average.. but then, I'm too fixated with her moeness

But at least these ain as bad as the 2 leads in Shikabane Sime .. Now that is a total lifeless performances IMHOP.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-05-02, 02:19   Link #102
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Thank you for reminding me K-On! why I continued with you in the first place. All I have to say about this episode is "BACK ON TRACK!"

It helps that they did not go over the top with Mio, Yui, and Ritsu like they have been the past few episodes.

This show would continue to be so much better if they just focused on the musical aspect. It's no mystery why many people have said in this thread that this has been the best episode yet!

I'm also glad that Mio gets to be the vocalist (Well it is not set in stone), she just fits it better in my eyes than Yui. I suppose I'm biased because I like the ED better than the OP.

Anyway, good job KyoAni. There were no glaring flaws in this episode. I give it an 8/10. However, I shall quell my new found optimism for this show for now. I still do not expect much in future episodes.
Old 2009-05-02, 02:44   Link #103
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Without checking their previous work.. based on K-On 5 episodes alone.. Only Ritchan that performing adequately IMHO. And maybe Nodoka.. but she didnt get enough lines.

Take for example Mugichan's ma ma ma .. You can actually tell that she actually counted 6 times for it. Just for the sake of meme.

Sawachan, broke her voiced after her guitar performance, trying to switch around.

Yui, in last episode, tries to hard to sound cute, listen to her lines when she asked who was the one that suggested her guitar..

Mio just sound average.. but then, I'm too fixated with her moeness

But at least these ain as bad as the 2 leads in Shikabane Sime .. Now that is a total lifeless performances IMHOP.
Yes, well at least none of this sounds as jarring as when Aya Hirano cut off the end of one of the other VA's lines in an episode of Lucky Star. I remember thinking "Did that actually just happen in a final cut that went out to the networks?" I can only hope that bit was fixed for the DVD's.

If you don't mind could you give me the time code on the one you mentioned for Sawa-Sensei and Mugi. I kind of want to hear them and judge for myself. Also, this might make me sound completely oblivious, but what meme are you talking about?
Old 2009-05-02, 04:14   Link #104
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Blisters forming/popping from playing drums. That's happened to me before. Not a pleasant feeling...

I loved this episode especially that last part, simply brilliant. Just that faint glimmer of hope by those 3 watching Yui play, all to come crashing down from that cracking voice and then to follow that with that facial expression by Mio when she realized what everyone was planning to have her do gave me a nice chuckle too. I feel sorry for her but I admit I was hoping she would be doing the vocals as well

Last edited by Karlson; 2009-05-02 at 04:41.
Old 2009-05-02, 05:15   Link #105
hai_san

I somehow i get the feeling the Producers wanted to make the ultimate saimoe compilation with K-ON... ep 5 was offscale in the moe level!!Kawaiii!!
Old 2009-05-02, 05:52   Link #106
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
I somehow i get the feeling the Producers wanted to make the ultimate saimoe compilation with K-ON... ep 5 was offscale in the moe level!!Kawaiii!!
Yes, I was just going to say that while I don't agree with the idea that was posed earlier in the thread that Mio is character of the year calibre, I definitely think based off of what I've heard about her popularity with 2ch moe otaku that she has a good shot at ranking high in Saimoe if not at taking the whole thing.

Really though, this episode more moetastic then the previous one? I don't see it.
Old 2009-05-02, 06:13   Link #107
Hmm....

About VA performance, I think they sound good over all. Although I do notice their flaw from time to time. But I won't complaint judging from their experience. They are doing really great. KyoAni sure love to use new VA. Do they try to cut down a cost ?? lol

IMHO Mio sound worst among them. (hope I won't be trampled) she sound kinda artificial and don't cut it in many scene. But this may simply becouse KyoAni going over the top with this character.
Old 2009-05-02, 07:07   Link #108
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Is there a rule in anime series where things get interesting during or after the beach episode?
This is what I've observed in anime this decade. K-On! seems to follow this rule.
Old 2009-05-02, 07:52   Link #109
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If they decide to start playing metal songs and/or any of the sub genres, it might blow the term "epic" right out of the water.
Old 2009-05-02, 08:30   Link #110
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
If they decide to start playing metal songs and/or any of the sub genres, it might blow the term "epic" right out of the water.
Wouldn't that go against them being a 'light' music club? But then again, Sawako did it before...
Old 2009-05-02, 08:49   Link #111
Pachael
原作通り

Sawa-chan's past exploits showed that the keionbu was anything BUT 'light music'.
Old 2009-05-02, 09:01   Link #112
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachael View Post
Sawa-chan's past exploits showed that the keionbu was anything BUT 'light music'.
In Sawako's flashback, it looks like it started as 'light music' but when she picked up the Flying V, I guess it's goodbye to the acoustic... (12:23).
Old 2009-05-02, 09:44   Link #113
slayer545-sama
Banned

Red face Kotobuki needs a good guy!

Ok I am getting a little sick about Kotobuki being branded as Yuri because of this

and her blushing on many occasions. Listen she might have something like that but that is only because there has not been a good guy to her and she might be restricted in those relations as well. Remember her family owns music stores and also may be strict on her as in only allow he to be with girls as friends. So I will say this, the right guy comes and Kotobuki will be fine.
Old 2009-05-02, 10:10   Link #114
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
Not going to argue that everyone's yuri goggles are stuck on high, but that was a rather bad screenshot to use. Look where Mio's hands are.
Old 2009-05-02, 10:21   Link #115
E_I
Yuri fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
Not going to argue that everyone's yuri goggles are stuck on high, but that was a rather bad screenshot to use. Look where Mio's hands are.

Yeah. I noticed that too.
Old 2009-05-02, 10:22   Link #116
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Like a sister like Ui? (that would be a terrific good thing )
Ohh I never actually thought about that part but now that I do my wee sis is actually kinda like Ui in that she does take care of me whenever I visit her.
I make it my duty in life to be the annoying embarrassing big brother, she hates that I do that but still puts up with it

That I guess is a good thing, lucky me!

Quote:
Ok I am getting a little sick about Kotobuki being branded as Yuri because of this

and her blushing on many occasions. Listen she might have something like that but that is only because there has not been a good guy to her and she might be restricted in those relations as well. Remember her family owns music stores and also may be strict on her as in only allow he to be with girls as friends. So I will say this, the right guy comes and Kotobuki will be fine.
I don't think you should take the part with everyone branding Mugi-chan yuri seriously, its all in good humor I would think. I do think Mugi-chans "Muri" moments are to a degree for some comedy value and I don't see it actually going anywhere. Plus I see no harm in actually saying Mugi-chan is yuri for other girls

altho I think Mio can be branded yuri evident of where her left hand is on Ricchan

btw any person would need a good person in their life
Old 2009-05-02, 10:32   Link #117
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Sawako sensei was cool and Ritsu is good at taking advantage of people.
It's also funny when Yui wants to sing but Ritsu wants Mugi to be the vocalist.
Old 2009-05-02, 10:34   Link #118
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
So I will say this, the right guy comes and Kotobuki will be fine.
It's not a disease.
Old 2009-05-02, 10:36   Link #119
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Also, what's so wrong if she does turn out to be a lesbian?

Old 2009-05-02, 10:43   Link #120
Keio
Serious Business

Won't things be a little more interesting if Mugi was a lesbian? Given the fact that they are attending an all-girls school, it isn't that uncommon.