AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-21, 21:04   Link #17461
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Tbh I don't think Touma will appear in the next volume. When he returns, he'll be with Glorious He and Half-Assed Majin to save Aleister and Academy City's ass from annihilation.

Remember, Othinus can probably walk into Academy City and have a 50/50 to make Aleister her slave and test puppet for her grand plan. She might not even wait for Gungir to do that.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-03-21, 21:06   Link #17462
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
So the invisible power behind Imagine Breaker was easily crushed! This keeps getting more edgier by the minute.
Old 2012-03-21, 21:10   Link #17463
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Remember, Othinus can probably walk into Academy City and have a 50/50 to make Aleister her slave and test puppet for her grand plan. She might not even wait for Gungir to do that.
Not really. It'll be 50% to break through the city limits, 50% to fight through whatever comes at her (probably multiple waves), 50% to break into the Windowless Building, 50% to neutralize Aleister, 50% to get whatever she wants from him. This is a maximum of 3.125% of success, with the probability decreasing with each additional wave of defenses.
Old 2012-03-21, 21:11   Link #17464
apsody243

The way it was described I'd say it was more suppressed than crushed. I doubt that it showed all that its capable of.

Besides at the end of WW3 didn't Touma basically suppress it himself before growing his arm back.
Old 2012-03-21, 21:12   Link #17465
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Hi! It's my first post in this thread so please go easy on me. I was actually thinking that TAMNI has lost a little bit of that something that gave it it's charm after transitioning to the New Testament series. But after reading the entirety of the new volume I felt compelled to post to at least one forum this feeling welling up in my chest... SH*T JUST GOT REAL!!! WOOOOT!!! BUT A CLIFFHANGER!!! WHY!!! Haah... haah... There... I'm good. Whew.
Old 2012-03-21, 21:30   Link #17466
Breidaluk

Well, every person has your own vision about the novel.

Anyway, lets not forget that the power inside Touma does not have a real form. Aleister already pointed this mistake in Fiamma.

“It was not an issue of the type or amount of power. It was nothing more than an issue of how you used it,”

Since Touma does not know anything about this power he can't grasp its true potential. And lets not forget about "he" who talked with Touma after Fiamma sliced his arm. This is also something he needs to get across to understand his power's nature.
Old 2012-03-21, 21:40   Link #17467
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

It maybe just me feeling that way because the last volumes feel like transitional types. But this latest one was great. 10 stars! The only thing I'm peeved about is the fact that we need to wait another 3 months for the resolution of the conflict in this volume. Sigh. I wish I could just build a time machine and travel to the future or something. And I was expecting Othinus to be a b@d@ss eye patched dude but it turned out she was a b@d@ss eye patched babe... in leather! Which is pretty cool lol.
Old 2012-03-21, 21:40   Link #17468
apsody243

Exactly which means that the fact that Othinus suppressed IT is no real indicator of what IT is capable of.

P.S. Bairway just made an appearance.

Now the real question everybody should be asking is, given how contagious the Kami-yan disease is, how long do you thinks it will take Othinus to fall victim to it.
Old 2012-03-21, 21:42   Link #17469
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

So Touma basically rejected something which he only had a vague idea of and so he's suffering the consequences of having someone else easily suppressing it (and being able to do nothing about it)?

So did it ever say why Touma rejected the being inside him? Was it due to the immense power? The fact that the power has a mind of its own? Or is it just because he doesn't want to rely on such a power? All I got in the fight against Touma was he just suppressed the mysterious power and regrew IB after rejecting whatever is inside of him...
Old 2012-03-21, 21:48   Link #17470
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsody243 View Post
Now the real question everybody should be asking is, given how contagious the Kami-yan disease is, how long do you thinks it will take Othinus to fall victim to it.
I actually wrote something for that.
Old 2012-03-21, 21:51   Link #17471
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

We don't actually know for sure bec we only heard his side of the conversation. Fiamma observed that he seemed to be talking to "something" but only Touma could hear and converse w/ it. In order to form somewhat educated speculations we first need to find out the exact nature of the power he suppressed. And I don't see this happening anytime soon.

And as for Othinus contracting the Kami-yan disease... it should only be a matter of time...
Old 2012-03-21, 21:56   Link #17472
Miraluka
Banned

Well, if Haimura would added an illustrations showing Othinus grabbing Touma's arm with a dead serious face or a Fiamma + Ollerus combo the scene would have been EPIC X 10.
Old 2012-03-21, 21:58   Link #17473
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Yay Birdway's back...kinda the same way as last time by blowing things up
So now Norse mythology is going to take a huge part in this?
Old 2012-03-21, 22:01   Link #17474
ellifeedn
Thinker

If a person attacks Othinus, does it have a 50% chance of working?
Old 2012-03-21, 22:05   Link #17475
Richocet
Lover of Purity

^I'd imagine so.
If a person has great luck(opp touma) that'd mean that Othinus would be beaten every single time she fought him/her, right?
Old 2012-03-21, 22:12   Link #17476
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsody243 View Post
The loli seat is occupied by Index, if Othinus ever wants to take that place she will end worse than your usual Hound Dog + Frenda's ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
^I'd imagine so.
If a person has great luck(opp touma) that'd mean that Othinus would be beaten every single time she fought him/her, right?
Please Kamachi, make the MajIndex thing become true .
Old 2012-03-21, 22:12   Link #17477
ellifeedn
Thinker

So if Touma made a speech in an attempt to make Othinus stop... whatever it is she's trying to do, would it work 50% of the time?
Old 2012-03-21, 22:15   Link #17478
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

I wouldn't put past the possibility...
Old 2012-03-21, 22:16   Link #17479
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Oh shit. Kagun is now a Einherjar. Poor Marian.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-03-21, 22:17   Link #17480
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

1. I don't think that would be good to make Othinus like Touma. Just saying.
2. Even if she's not the manly guy we wished for Othinus to be Othinus can possibly be a cool bitch.
3. I think there is a 50/50 chance that she'll appear next volume.(bad joke)
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen