AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

Old 2005-12-18, 18:34   Link #1
NeoSam

Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ (old generic discussion thread)

かしまし ~ガール・ミーツ・ガール~

Based on a manga for young men.

Its serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Dengeki Daioh.

Starting in January 2006.

http://kasimasi.com/

Genre: Seinen, Comedy, Romance

This is a yuri manga for young men.

Edit:

Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ is a manga thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Dengeki Daioh.

For now there are 2 volumes released of this manga, here are the covers:

And Yay Yay Yay a seinen novel based on the seinen manga will be published under the seinen(young men's) label Dengeki Bunko (Dengeki Bunko is a label thats aimed at young men, anything published under this label is aimed at male audience).

Here is the cover of the first volume of the novel which will be released on January 2006:

From AnimeNfo:

Quote:
Hazumu confessed his love to Yasuna, but she turned down him. To ease his heartbreak, he went to Mt. Kashimayama where he’d met her first. He lost his way in the mountain, and it got dark. He saw a big shooting star, and when he began to wish, he found something was wrong. It wasn’t a shooting star, but it was a falling space ship. He was involved in the crash. He managed to survive by the help of the alien. However, he became a girl due to the accident during the reconstruction of his body.
This is a seinen yuri manga/novel/anime.
This is a yuri manga/novel/anime for male audience.

Genre: Seinen, Comedy, Romance, Yuri

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-02-01 at 13:02.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 18:38   Link #2
Knox

*is confused*

So it's like some lesbian romance anime?
Knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 18:40   Link #3
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox
*is confused*

So it's like some lesbian romance anime?
A lesbian romance anime aimed at young men.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 18:43   Link #4
Knox

Alright fair enough. Sounds interesting.
Old 2005-12-18, 18:47   Link #5
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Alright fair enough. Sounds interesting.
The manga has been interesting so far. I just hope the anime is as good. This is one of the series I'm looking foward to.
Old 2005-12-18, 18:48   Link #6
Knox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
The manga has been interesting so far. I just hope the anime is as good. This is one of the series I'm looking foward to.
So its a decent story and not just an excuse for a lesbian anime?

I would be interested in seeing some of the manga if you have a link.
Old 2005-12-18, 18:51   Link #7
Yuiichi
Retired.

It is pretty interesting.

I've been reading the manga, and I quite like it. It reminds me of the webcomic Misfile in the fact that a boy turns into a girl. I dunno if it's just me, but these storylines are somewhat interesting.

Hopefully the anime won't disgrace the manga like some other shows did *cough*Ichigo 100%*cough*
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 18:53   Link #8
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
So its a decent story and not just an excuse for a lesbian anime?

I would be interested in seeing some of the manga if you have a link.
Well, it's interesting, but it certainly isn't for everyone. It has potential, but a lot of it hasn't been explored yet. The first 10 chapters have been translated, and you can get them on bt here.
edit: reseeded chapter 1

Last edited by Kamui4356; 2005-12-18 at 19:08.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 18:56   Link #9
Knox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Well, it's interesting, but it certainly isn't for everyone. It has potential, but a lot of it hasn't been explored yet. The first 10 chapters have been translated, and you can get them on bt here.
Ok, well I'm gonna check out the manga. Thanks for the link.

Edit: No seeds for the first chapter. :P
Old 2005-12-18, 22:24   Link #10
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The anime starts in Japan on January 11, and has great voice-acting stars:
Hazumu -- Ueda Kana (Yumi from Marimite, Mikan from Gakuen Alice, Petoko from Petopeto-san, etc.)
Tomari -- Tamura Yukari (Sakura from DaCapo, Midori from Mai-Hime, Morino from the Onegai series, etc.)
Yasuna -- Horie Yui (Toru from Fruits Basket, Naru from Love Hina, Kotori from DaCapo, etc.)

Yui and Yukari team up outside of anime as a popular moe singing group called Yamato Nadeshiko.

Asano Masami (Uta~Kata, Mahoraba, Kore ga Watashi no Goshuujin-sama, etc.) and Shintani Ryoko (Galaxy Angel, DearS, WWish, etc.) also have roles.

Official site.

ANN page.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 10:16   Link #11
NeoSam

Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ is a manga thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Dengeki Daioh.

For now there are 2 volumes released of this manga, here are the covers:

And Yay Yay Yay a seinen novel based on the seinen manga will be published under the seinen(young men's) label Dengeki Library (Dengeki Library is a label thats aimed at young men, anything published under this label is aimed at male audience).

Here is the cover of the first volume of the novel which will be released on January 2006:

This is a seinen yuri manga/novel/anime (a yuri manga/novel/anime targeted at male audience).

Info was added to the first post of this thread.
Old 2006-01-05, 12:47   Link #12
NeoSam

Ok so its starting soon

Yuri goodness start broadcasting already
Old 2006-01-05, 19:47   Link #13
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

I was actually dissapointed on this. I read vol 1 of the manga and I found it a bit too kiddish for my taste, even when the guy turned into a female he lost his manlyness almost straight away. His is still a guy in a female body after all.
And the relationships are just too simple, they seem very fixed.

Well not to put it down all the way (I expected some good drama out of this, but I guess its too early, that or girly man just anoys me), it was marginally entertaining I guess. Well its still too early, I'll just wait and see if it surprises me.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 21:08   Link #14
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
The anime starts in Japan on January 11, and has great voice-acting stars:
Hazumu -- Ueda Kana (Yumi from Marimite, Mikan from Gakuen Alice, Petoko from Petopeto-san, etc.)
Tomari -- Tamura Yukari (Sakura from DaCapo, Midori from Mai-Hime, Morino from the Onegai series, etc.)
Yasuna -- Horie Yui (Toru from Fruits Basket, Naru from Love Hina, Kotori from DaCapo, etc.)
Uwaaa... this should be fun. The first two volumes of the manga were extremely enjoyable. And I love Ueda Kana and Tamura Yukari. They're both amazing seiyuu. Unfortunately, my love for the above girls is just as strong as my dislike for Horie Yui. Her voice is screechy and annoying as Toru, and irritating as Naru (the little I could watch of Love Hina).

This could go either way, but there's a lot of potential for a great anime here.

Edit: Why are all the covers so much different than the actual artwork inside? The manga has a very crisp art style, but on the covers, Hazuma always looks sort of... stoned
Tremalkinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 04:04   Link #15
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremalkinger
Edit: Why are all the covers so much different than the actual artwork inside? The manga has a very crisp art style, but on the covers, Hazuma always looks sort of... stoned
Eh, I thought the well known fact about manga is that there isn't always just one guy working on the entire project. I believe the covers are illustrated by someone other than the manga artist, there are quite a number of manga like that.

I'm wondering how many people know that Love Hina wasn't entirely Akamatsu....
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 11:45   Link #16
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Finally, in 5 days Yuri tendencies will run this forum over. And I'll be ready.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 15:36   Link #17
Mephisto2k
anime4life

wow i love the manga and to make a bad anime out of this cultcharacters, there must be a really bad animecrew. ill just hope for the best.
and the voiceactorcast is amazing. i didnt even know there were such famous voiceactors playing so much roles in so many famous animes. I never noticed that they were the same in those different animes. But i loved their voices. How come good german voice actors like that are just so few... ;_;
And wow, only few days left till the new anime season starts... tonns of new good anime *cries from excitement*
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 21:07   Link #18
ultrataro

You know, I have to totally agree with you. It's not bad, but I was hoping for more. Pretty much for the reasons you stated, and the art didn't strike me as that great either. I'm actually hoping the anime might be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTARGET
I was actually dissapointed on this. I read vol 1 of the manga and I found it a bit too kiddish for my taste, even when the guy turned into a female he lost his manlyness almost straight away. His is still a guy in a female body after all.

Well not to put it down all the way (I expected some good drama out of this, but I guess its too early, that or girly man just anoys me), it was marginally entertaining I guess. Well its still too early, I'll just wait and see if it surprises me.
ultrataro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 22:41   Link #19
IMSabbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTARGET

ACtually, thats the thing i LIKED about it.
Most other mangas with sexchange just do as if the character suddenly grew some boobs and a vagina, while staying the same otherwise.
I think the kashimashi aproach is more realistic... i mean, he got a complete female body, most likely with a female brain (which got is persona implanted), but for sure with a female hormone balance. He shouldnt run around like "i feel like a man"...
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 07:48   Link #20
Clarste
Human

He was a girly-man in the first place. He didn't change his personality at all.

Edit: More specifically, he seemed like a transsexual type character (girl trapped in a man's body) who got lucky with some super alien sex-change surgery.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, genderbender, romance, seinen, yuri