AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-27, 11:35   Link #21
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
Great chapter! For a second, i thought Zoro was going to challenge kinemon. Poor Law got disciplined with a flute. Teaches him to never leave his chamber
I wonder how C.C. defeated everyone. If it was due to his gas, then why did it only affect the strawhats and marines?
Old 2012-06-27, 11:36   Link #22
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Man, I thought they were goners (well, severely hurt) when that slime exploded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Kinemon is a father.. he can't join. But I bet Strawhats are going to take him and his son home...
Yasopp is a father, too - that didn't stop him

Though yet another swordsman with a DF is a bit reduntant, even though he looks like an interesting character. They could travel to Wano together like they did with Vivi...
Old 2012-06-27, 11:39   Link #23
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Punisher View Post
I wonder how C.C. defeated everyone. If it was due to his gas, then why did it only affect the strawhats and marines?
Yeah, pretty weird. Maybe CC can create a gas cloud that only affects those he targets (kinda of like a DNA-match bio weapon). That would be pretty interesting...

I don't understand how did he know that Law turned on him, or was it just a bad translation?
Old 2012-06-27, 11:40   Link #24
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so Wergo power. something to do with gravity or changing weight. like make law body heavier and the flute heavier to increased the force

Old 2012-06-27, 12:17   Link #25
Divine Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
Yeah, pretty weird. Maybe CC can create a gas cloud that only affects those he targets (kinda of like a DNA-match bio weapon). That would be pretty interesting...
Seems possible, since hes a scientist... Or maybe he came up with some antidote, which he gave his men. If thats the case, i hope for his own sake, that he doesnt have it laying around in his lab...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
so Wergo power. something to do with gravity or changing weight. like make law body heavier and the flute heavier to increased the force
It could be armor haki, what he did to the flute.
Old 2012-06-27, 12:32   Link #26
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Oda has a habit of making characters with weird quirks. Having a character that has a thing for honorifics is too farfetched.
What?

I was saying that it seems likely that Law and Welgo had a prior relationship where either Law worked for Welgo or else Law was Welgo's student.
Old 2012-06-27, 12:53   Link #27
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
What?

I was saying that it seems likely that Law and Welgo had a prior relationship where either Law worked for Welgo or else Law was Welgo's student.
The way you put it suggested that you were basing that assumption on the fact that he wanted Law to use "-san"
Old 2012-06-27, 13:14   Link #28
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
let me clear something out. what is the new guy's name anyway? is it wergo, welgo or virgo? i'm confused. can you please set this straight aohige-san?

Yeah, about mystery dude's name: While I personally also like Virgo, this is what Aohige had to say about the name over at AP:

Quote:
correctsion: Usually spelled Wergo, it seems. Pronunciated Vergo.

Meh, stinkin' german.

And when someone there did point out that the name could be spelled Virgo:

Quote:
It could be, but Virgo is usually spelled ヴァルゴ.
Like in Saint Seiya.

^So there you go. And frankly, I'd trust Aohige's word a lot more than some doofuses who can't even spell Law's name right.

But yeah, I guess I'll stick with Wergo myself, for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I fail to see the logic behind this...

I kinda see what he's saying: Since none of the Straw-Hats are parents themselves (well, we can't be sure about Brooke, but I won't get into that now), it's doubtful that any future members would be parents, either. And since Kinemon seems to care quite a bit about his son, I doubt he'd abandon him to join a pirate crew after all the trouble he went through to rescue him....
Old 2012-06-27, 13:23   Link #29
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

I kinda see what he's saying: Since none of the Straw-Hats are parents themselves (well, we can't be sure about Brooke, but I won't get into that now), it's doubtful that any future members would be parents, either. And since Kinemon seems to care quite a bit about his son, I doubt he'd abandon him to join a pirate crew after all the trouble he went through to rescue him....
Then again Oda has added an 88 year old walking, singing an farting skeleton, a tanuki and a fish-faced waterbender.

However...honestly if anyone does join the crew now, I hope it's female because while I love Robin to death and Nami's quite the looker...we need some more XX chromosomes up in here...
Old 2012-06-27, 13:47   Link #30
marvelB

But you know, now I'm wondering if Monet is also a haki user? I mean, last chapter indicated that she had a DF ability (which may or may NOT be related to her harpy body), so her also being capable of fighting with haki isn't far-fetched at all, IMO. 'Sides, this is the New World we're talking about here..... powerful haki users should be a dime a dozen in these parts (meaning that Law, Pekoms, and Wergo would only be the tip of the iceberg).....
Old 2012-06-27, 13:48   Link #31
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
The way you put it suggested that you were basing that assumption on the fact that he wanted Law to use "-san"
Yes, that was where I got that from.

Is there a problem with my inference? Why would you ask someone to call you 'master' or 'teacher' if you weren't their teacher before?

I never stated that he had a weird quirk for honorifics.
Old 2012-06-27, 14:01   Link #32
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Yes, that was where I got that from.

Is there a problem with my inference? Why would you ask someone to call you 'master' or 'teacher' if you weren't their teacher before?

I never stated that he had a weird quirk for honorifics.
Alright, first off, take it easy. I don't get why you're taking an aggressive stance...

Secondly, there was no mention whatsoever of Virgo wanting Law to refer to him as master or teacher. The only thing Virgo said regarding the way Law addresses him was that he should call him "Virgo-san", not -sensei, not -sama or anything that would indicate that he was Law's superior.

Yes, it looks like they definitely know each other from years ago (as he previously mentioned something about him being more grown-up). But again, no mention of him being a teacher or wanting Law to refer to him as such.

I never once stated that you said anything about him having a weird quirk for honorifics...I was the one that said he could have it...
Old 2012-06-27, 14:37   Link #33
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Both gravity and weight change are dragon fruit powers that we've already seen, so it can't be that. However, I am much more intrigued by the bifteki stuck to his cheek anyway.
Old 2012-06-27, 14:47   Link #34
Rainbowman

Main highlights of this chapter:

The name of Law's friendly nemesis, Vergo/Wergo. Almost sounds like Virgo/Wendigo. Also Kinemon's fighting style with the foxfire ability.
Old 2012-06-27, 14:59   Link #35
Divine Punisher

About the name of the new guy: There is no german word like Wergo or similar. Virgo on the other hand is latin for virgin. Dont know if that is of any importance...
Old 2012-06-27, 15:11   Link #36
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Then again Oda has added an 88 year old walking, singing an farting skeleton, a tanuki and a fish-faced waterbender.
yea I think the bottom line is that oda can do anything. that being said, i agree that its unlikely to have a loving parent ever join the crew, but oda could just as easily have a story where the father/mother needs to join the crew out of honor or obligation to help their kid in some way while someone else takes care of them.

Quote:
However...honestly if anyone does join the crew now, I hope it's female because while I love Robin to death and Nami's quite the looker...we need some more XX chromosomes up in here...
here, here on all counts. i'm still surprised they didnt get an amazonian or a mermaid to join
Old 2012-06-27, 15:39   Link #37
james0246

Quote:
Oda has a habit of making characters with weird quirks. Having a character that has a thing for honorifics is too farfetched.
I think you meant "isn't", and I agree. Wergo-san seems to simply want to be addressed respectfully/formally. 'Call Me Mr. Wergo.' There need be no specific past reason for the honorific beyond weird character quirk (though, of course, it is always possible that Law and Wergo-san do have a more specific past as paradox has speculated on).

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I kinda see what he's saying: Since none of the Straw-Hats are parents themselves (well, we can't be sure about Brooke, but I won't get into that now)....
Are you trying to say that Brooke is Yassop's father .
Old 2012-06-27, 15:47   Link #38
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I think you meant "isn't", and I agree.
Yup, what I meant, thanks.
Old 2012-06-27, 15:49   Link #39
Divine Punisher

^ i highly doubt that the harpy-girl will join the crew. Too much similarities with the cicumstances under which Robin joined. A mysterious female assistant to the villian, that is going to betray her employer.... But who knows.
Old 2012-06-27, 17:00   Link #40
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Both gravity and weight change are dragon fruit powers that we've already seen, so it can't be that. However, I am much more intrigued by the bifteki stuck to his cheek anyway.
wait what

Closed Thread