AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-20, 20:34   Link #10441
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
That....is not a terribly good example of "dark." Dark would be something like Akame ga Kill. That is a series where you just never know when to expect a named character to die.
Kurumi may be the darkest character, but even then the worst we've seen is her killing some no-name people. (Not that this is a good thing, but not incredibly dark either). And the only times we've seen her try to kill people en masse, she's been stopped.
Miku's backstory was sad, but not dark. "Dark" would have been something like the guy actually succeeding in forcing himself on her.
"Nearly dying" isn't dark, it's called "suspense." Every action scene has this, whether it's a happy series with serious action tones or a series with dark tones mixed in like Rurounin Kenshin or Full Metal Alchemist.

This series has clearly shown again and again that it's a happy, bright story that will always end well. It should have been obvious this arc would end with no character deaths when Kurumi sent Shidou back in time at the end of volume 10.

Even if somehow we have a major character kill-off the characters will be brought back somehow, just like Sora no Otoshimono or any other such title. This series was never meant to be anything so dark. Expecting anything approaching that is just asking to be disappointed.
yea in hindsight your right i suppose you got me this time Shinji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
But Phantom keeps saying she made a mistake and she won't ever make it again.

Just what has she done...
I think the mistake that Phantom made was allowing herself to be seen by humans because the existence of the spirits is supposed to be a big secret especially the existence of phantom and the concept of the crystals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
just wondering what will be kurumi sealing arc will it be another time something adventure ......

did the ln explain the kurumi is a spirit or same like kotori and other human turn spirit?

Im really confuse now .....

the phatom is a yandere never expected it, i wonder her relation to him......
Kurumi is a mystery we have very little information about her backstory but i think the real question is how long has kurumi been a spirit herself. If you base her apperance even 10 years ago storywise to now she hasnt changed that much if really at all which is rather terrifying
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 20:35   Link #10442
Estzero1

Quote:
did the ln explain the kurumi is a spirit or same like kotori and other human turn spirit?
Not really. As for now she is a pure spirit.
I guess when the time come she will get a epic backstory or at least I hope so.
After all, she is Tachibana´s favorite so it should be good.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 20:36   Link #10443
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
The story never said if Kurumi was a human-turned-spirit or not, but it never said either way other than in the cases it was true.
Old 2014-09-20, 20:44   Link #10444
Wandering Soul

The closest thing we have to a hint that Kurumi might be a human turned spirit is that phantom knew Kurumi well enough to be surprised she would lend her power to Origami. That isn't even a strong enough hint to really draw any conclusions from.
Old 2014-09-20, 20:52   Link #10445
AP24

Here's the long summaries for first chapter of vol 11
Spoiler for Vol 11, Ch 6:
So we finally know why Origami had been so interested in Shido. Shido can use Natsumi's ability too. We also find out what the 9th bullet does, leaving 3rd, 5th, 6th and 11th bullets left unlnown.

Second chapter should be finished soon.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 20:52   Link #10446
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
I hope the author wont screw up the kurumi sealing arc .....
Old 2014-09-20, 21:18   Link #10447
tuckersister

Quote:
I hope the author wont screw up the kurumi sealing arc .....
Tachibana better not. Kurumi sealing arc will definitely be after Vol 12.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 21:29   Link #10448
cboy123
I was a stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Here's the long summaries for first chapter of vol 11
Spoiler for Vol 11, Ch 6:
So we finally know why Origami had been so interested in Shido. Shido can use Natsumi's ability too. We also find out what the 9th bullet does, leaving 3rd, 5th, 6th and 11th bullets left unlnown.

Second chapter should be finished soon.
There's one part I don't understand...
Shidou1 (who is Shidou came back to the present without achieving anything) came back to the present and told Kurumi1 (Kurumi witnessing Inverse Origami's rampage) about making Shidou2 (who is Shidou still trapped in the past) meet with Kurumi2 (who is the past Kurumi from 5 years ago)
Is that it? Is this what happened (Seriously, my head is messing up with Theory 2/3 about time travelling)
cboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 21:34   Link #10449
blaze420

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboy123 View Post
There's one part I don't understand...
Shidou1 (who is Shidou came back to the present without achieving anything) came back to the present and told Kurumi1 (Kurumi witnessing Inverse Origami's rampage) about making Shidou2 (who is Shidou still trapped in the past) meet with Kurumi2 (who is the past Kurumi from 5 years ago)
Is that it? Is this what happened (Seriously, my head is messing up with Theory 2/3 about time travelling)
Yes, that's it. The whole point of it all is that the plan can't work unless Shidou himself is still in the past.
blaze420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 21:38   Link #10450
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Tachibana better not. Kurumi sealing arc will definitely be after Vol 12.
It could be, but I always thought she would the last sealing spirit, according to the motto the best for last. Let´s wait and see

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 21:41   Link #10451
cboy123
I was a stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze420 View Post
Yes, that's it. The whole point of it all is that the plan can't work unless Shidou himself is still in the past.
Reread the whole part and understood the whole thing.
Damn...

Shidou1 (Who is Shidou that came from the future "10 minutes after Kurumi realized her mistake of using her angel to "change the history"") asked Kurumi1 (Who is Kurumi "10 minutes later) to return him back 10 minutes in order to tell Kurumi2 (Who is Kurumi in the present where Inverse Origami rampage) to tell Shidou2 (Who is Shidou trapped 5 years ago) about making him meet Kurumi3 (Who is Kurumi in 5 years ago) to make him return back a few minutes to change their present world.
Somehow, I'm liking this time-travel thingy of Date A Live.
cboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 21:48   Link #10452
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
It could be, but I always thought she would the last sealing spirit, according to the motto the best for last. Let´s wait and see
Yeah, she probably will be the last one to get sealed. But there is a chance she won't get sealed at all.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 21:50   Link #10453
KasaiGojira20
Mad Scientist

Currently in the 4chan summary thread. it's pretty detailed, but these take awhile, like.. a few days.

If you haven't already seen it then here is a smaller complete one if you're interested!
http://msnkkan.blogspot.com/2014/09/...eet-grave.html
Old 2014-09-20, 21:50   Link #10454
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
Yeah, she probably will be the last one to get sealed. But there is a chance she won't get sealed at all.
She probaly won't get sealed until after she reveals the functions of her 4 remaining bullets.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 21:55   Link #10455
Light Novel

Location: The country won the battle with Chinese, French, Japanese and American!
Kurumi is an exception. I think her position's not same as other spirits. Her power which could control time and space's very terrible!
Light Novel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 21:59   Link #10456
dragon1412

Quote:
Damn...

Shidou1 (Who is Shidou that came from the future "10 minutes after Kurumi realized her mistake of using her angel to "change the history"") asked Kurumi1 (Who is Kurumi "10 minutes later) to return him back 10 minutes in order to tell Kurumi2 (Who is Kurumi in the present where Inverse Origami rampage) to tell Shidou2 (Who is Shidou trapped 5 years ago) about making him meet Kurumi3 (Who is Kurumi in 5 years ago) to make him return back a few minutes to change their present world.
seriously????? this actually is one of the most poorly done Time travel in my history of book and movie.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 22:27   Link #10457
crimsonflair
Support Class

Quote:
- Even though Shidou is not that well-informed about science fiction, Shidou heard about these theory from the time travel movie he saw in the past. In summary, when someone travelled back in time and caused something that might change the history, the history will try to correct itself by causing something similar to the original event to occur in order for everything to be as close as possible to the original timeline.
If you replace Shidou's name with the author's, that's probably where his time travel logic came from.

Quote:
- Heard Shidou's question, Kurumi only laughed. Shidou heard Kurumi's sigh in his head. Kurumi then continued as if she is provoking Shidou.
'You said something odd, Shidou-san. Who is the one who said that? Did that person ever travelled back in time to proof it?'
This summary excerpt also questions if that makes any sense.
crimsonflair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 22:42   Link #10458
Superbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonflair View Post
If you replace Shidou's name with the author's, that's probably where his time travel logic came from.

This summary excerpt also questions if that makes any sense.
It also seems as if the author knew his version of time travel wouldn't be well accepted.

Quote:
'No matter how broad this world is, the only one that could interfere with the past is only this Tokisaki Kurumi. Only this <Zafkiel>. You don't need to listen to those silly words of scientist or a writer. Only everything that you, everything that Shidou-san see are the truth.'
It's almost like the author wrote "I don't care how other people view time travel, this is how I'm doing it."
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 22:47   Link #10459
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Damn...

Me too.

It's tricky but once you get to see how its mechanis works is far from bad. Specially, when the Time travel isn't an end but a means.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 22:51   Link #10460
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasaiGojira20 View Post
Currently in the 4chan summary thread. it's pretty detailed, but these take awhile, like.. a few days.

If you haven't already seen it then here is a smaller complete one if you're interested!
http://msnkkan.blogspot.com/2014/09/...eet-grave.html
This one seemed to be much more readable than previous summaries.

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy