AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-03, 08:40   Link #7781
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
It's probably already asked sometimes before but, could a Campione become a God or something? I mean, they might be written in history like Uldin did and become a God. Maybe some of the Steel were originally Campione or something.

On that note, has it been mentioned when exactly did Pandora opened her Box? Ancient Greek, Before Gilgamesh's time, before humanity? And I wonder how was the God's life before the Campione system was created... did the Heretic-Proper system even exist then, etc.

So many speculations...
Doubt that an actual Campione can become a God ... since, physically they are still human, while gods are beings born through myths.

Of course a Campione's deeds ... might cause the birth of some myths and legends, which could result in the birth of a new god, but it would still be a different being, then the Campione that was the "catalyst" for this new god.

As for you're second question, no it hasn't been mentioned, at least I don't remember it... being mentioned.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 08:49   Link #7782
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Doubt that an actual Campione can become a God ... since, physically they are still human, while gods are beings born through myths.

Of course a Campione's deeds ... might cause the birth of some myths and legends, which could result in the birth of a new god, but it would still be a different being, then the Campione that was the "catalyst" for this new god.

As for you're second question, no it hasn't been mentioned, at least I don't remember it... being mentioned.
Maybe the God will looks like the original source? Not to mention that there are actual theories that Gods are actually revered humans so maybe the God born from it will have the original Campione's memories and appearance. No, for starter, what actually decides the God's appearance?

I kind of think that it is technically possible due to Lancelot being able to gain new aspects despite being born from an older legend.

I don't know whether to like the fact that it is unmentioned or not. On one hand, that could be used in a fanfiction (yeah, I'm writer of one Campione fanfic) on another hand it could be like with Aisha, the whole theories fell apart thanks to new updates (worse, it might happen just before publishing).
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 09:30   Link #7783
Chris38

^

So, far ... everything related to the creation of new God's, has it's source in myths.

And, since no one is capable of controlling how a myth is spread among humanity, the end result is more or less, random.

That's why I currently think that there is pretty much impossible for a Campione to be reborn as a God, since myths tend to exaggerate things, and all of it, has an effect on the characteristics of the god that would be created using those myths as it's "catalyst".

Take Godou for example, considering the rumors that surround him ... how do you think a god based upon him, would be behaving ... since, personally I doubt that it would be anything close to Godou's actual personality...
Old 2013-07-03, 20:50   Link #7784
bakapervert
A pervert

I want to ask, all the sidestory, where does it come from and when is it released? Does it come together as one package with the LN? Or maybe the author post in the website or in some magazine?
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 00:05   Link #7785
Kadi
知識の探求者

They're posted on the publisher's website. Every month, one series that releases a volume that month also gets a short story. Campione was rather lucky in that regard.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 00:21   Link #7786
zzhk
Summary Machine

Link to the side stories on the publisher's site:
http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/feature/
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 01:59   Link #7787
bludvein

Holy crap there are a lot of adbots on baka-tsuki lately. That can't be a good campaign plan. I mean, who honestly even reads their ads? The only thing they do is insure people are too pissed off to even consider buying whatever they are selling.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 03:59   Link #7788
Gore17

Quote:
On that note, has it been mentioned when exactly did Pandora opened her Box? Ancient Greek, Before Gilgamesh's time, before humanity? And I wonder how was the God's life before the Campione system was created... did the Heretic-Proper system even exist then, etc.
Interestingly, Pandora was once a Mother Earth Goddess, according to real-life archaeology and Campione terminology. And it's know she's descended from a older Goddess.

My guess is that Pandora and the Campione's have been around for a long, long time.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 06:10   Link #7789
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Still don't know what the Box is or its effects actually though. Only thing we know is that Pandora took the hope from the box to create the Campione system. Question is, what about the disasters?
Old 2013-07-04, 06:16   Link #7790
Kadi
知識の探求者

The intro to the Drama CD makes it sound like the Heretic Gods are the disasters and the Campione are the tiny shred of hope. But if that means that Pandora is really the "culprit" behind Heretic Gods coming to earth, too, and not just the births of Campione... who knows. I don't remember anything from the main storyline. Maybe it comes up later? Some final arc after the King of the End-arc is over?
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 11:41   Link #7791
Gore17

If I remember correctly, Heretic Gods are "distorted", which is why benevolent Gods end up bringing disaster and misfortune, right? What if that's Pandora's fault, and Campiones are her way of fixing the problem?
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 11:53   Link #7792
Ultragunner

any Gods that manifest fully in the "living world" will become "heretic" or twisted. They can only maintain their true nature, for example Verethragna is a heroic god of justice, when they stay in the world that Susanoo is living at the moment
Old 2013-07-04, 22:08   Link #7793
Chris38

Well, while I agree that Heretic God's are twisted, and wreck havoc in the world ... but,I wouldn't say that Campione's aren't different, then them.

I mean, they obviously aren't that twisted .. but they certainly have their own weird personality quirks ... and also wreck havoc in the world ... just look at Salvatore Doni, for an example.

Although the existence of "The King of The End", definitely suggests, to me, that there might be some deeper connection between Heretic God's and Campione's, that we are currently unaware off...
Old 2013-07-04, 22:26   Link #7794
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
any Gods that manifest fully in the "living world" will become "heretic" or twisted. They can only maintain their true nature, for example Verethragna is a heroic god of justice, when they stay in the world that Susanoo is living at the moment
So what about Proper Gods then? I don't really know much about them but I think one has appeared, Erlang wasn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Although the existence of "The King of The End", definitely suggests, to me, that there might be some deeper connection between Heretic God's and Campione's, that we are currently unaware off...
I kind of think of him as another part of the system, pretty much the part that re-balances the system once it's too heavily tipped to the Human/Campione side while Campiones naturally manifests when the scale is too heavily tipped to the Gods side. Kind of like the Demon/Hero System in the world of Rance series. That would means that there would be an arc to find out about the truth of the system though.
Old 2013-07-04, 23:09   Link #7795
chrono25

I was wondering if someone could clear something up for me I might have asked before and if I have I appol.. could u direct me to page where I was answered

can someone tell me in a little detail the difference between a campione and someone using Divine Possession I know the campione's body is changed when they are reborn and I know they are still somewhat human and that their body can only take a portion of power from a god using the authorities used by which ever god they slayed and that someone using Divine Possession is a human channeling the powers of a god but I still dont quite grasp the difference between them in terms of power they use

they should stand equal .
chrono25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 23:21   Link #7796
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono25 View Post
I was wondering if someone could clear something up for me I might have asked before and if I have I appol.. could u direct me to page where I was answered

can someone tell me in a little detail the difference between a campione and someone using Divine Possession I know the campione's body is changed when they are reborn and I know they are still somewhat human and that their body can only take a portion of power from a god using the authorities used by which ever god they slayed and that someone using Divine Possession is a human channeling the powers of a god but I still dont quite grasp the difference between them in terms of power they use

they should stand equal .
Campione are basically gods. They get all the powers and it becomes natural to them. Divine Possession is channeling the power of a god through a human body, which is like pushing a waterfall through a pinhole.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-07-04 at 23:42.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 02:31   Link #7797
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
So what about Proper Gods then? I don't really know much about them but I think one has appeared, Erlang wasn't it?
proper Gods reside at the Domain of Immortality
Old 2013-07-05, 02:38   Link #7798
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

^

So, Erlang is also a Heretic Gods? I haven't really read the extra story The Illustrious Sage, True Lord Erlang but according from what I have been reading, he doesn't seem to be one. Am I wrong?
Old 2013-07-05, 03:03   Link #7799
Chris38

Quote:
^

So, Erlang is also a Heretic Gods? I haven't really read the extra story The Illustrious Sage, True Lord Erlang but according from what I have been reading, he doesn't seem to be one. Am I wrong?
No, you're not wrong. Erlang just has the ability to "partially" manifest his divinity in the human world, while his "main body" remains in the domain of immortality.
Old 2013-07-05, 04:14   Link #7800
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
^
no he isnt a Heretic God he is a Proper God he just manifested a part of his divinity using some sort of Divine Artifact(I can't properly remember if it is)while his main body is residing at the Domain of Immortality
EDIT: its the talisman used to seal Sun Wukong which has deep ties to True Lord Erlang

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem