AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-30, 13:12   Link #11241
Wolfenstein

Well, damn.

Now, I can't read japanese, but I don't have any reason to doubt a confirmation.

So I hope this Minuses/Pluses belonging to Tsurubami don't get swept away and are explained. :P
Old 2012-11-30, 13:32   Link #11242
DawnEmperor

Wow, we really barely know anything about Kamome(and he's become one of the major supporting characters!). Similar to Zenkichi and Shiranui, does he really have much of a connection to his father?
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 13:37   Link #11243
kenjtr

Somehow this chapter gave me the feeling that someday zenkichi will turn to a great evil , zenkichi gives me same feeling as griffith .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 13:46   Link #11244
Thth
???

@kenjtr

Spoiler for oftopic:
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 13:48   Link #11245
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

I'm more concerned about the song, actually. Ok, it's Sukinasaki's, but why is Medaka singing that? Anything goes for a Style? I thought it needed certain word configurations.

I spent quite a long time searching for hidden meanings, word puns or references which would have been lost in translation, but I found nothing about toyboxes, gods and demons anywhere. Unlike Joutou's, which references old Japanese lullabies, it seems that her song is original. I just hope Nisio won't tell us many chapters later that it did actually contain important elements which I overlooked, at least not important enough to warrant a re-translation
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 13:49   Link #11246
chidorimen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
Somehow this chapter gave me the feeling that someday zenkichi will turn to a great evil , zenkichi gives me same feeling as griffith .
Okay I've been coming to this board for a while and never say anything, but because of you I felt the need to respond. Please stop with your annoyingly obvious terrible trolling.
chidorimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 14:02   Link #11247
Thth
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
I'm more concerned about the song, actually. Ok, it's Sukinasaki's, but why is Medaka singing that? Anything goes for a Style? I thought it needed certain word configurations.

I spent quite a long time searching for hidden meanings, word puns or references which would have been lost in translation, but I found nothing about toyboxes, gods and demons anywhere. Unlike Joutou's, which references old Japanese lullabies, it seems that her song is original. I just hope Nisio won't tell us many chapters later that it did actually contain important elements which I overlooked, at least not important enough to warrant a re-translation
She is singing about her box and how it is locked for two more years...
Well I am outta here
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 14:03   Link #11248
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thth View Post
She is singing about her box and how it is locked for two more years...
Well I am outta here
Medaka's Box! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!
Old 2012-11-30, 14:08   Link #11249
DawnEmperor

*Rimshot^

It all makes sense now, this is the true title drop!!
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 14:20   Link #11250
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I love how one of the Plus Six was brought up this chapter. Proof that Nisio hasn't completely forgotten about them, at least.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 14:36   Link #11251
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
*Rimshot^

It all makes sense now, this is the true title drop!!
It is finally beginning to make snese, now but still #&@# Nisio for actually making some sense,.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I love how one of the Plus Six was brought up this chapter. Proof that Nisio hasn't completely forgotten about them, at least.
Whatever happened to them anyway?
Old 2012-11-30, 14:43   Link #11252
CrazyPerson

I'm actually surprised the plus six got referenced again. My take one the plus six was that they where meant to be ignored. In other shonen shows, if a character gets introduced with abilities and what not it usually means they'll get expanded on or fought against. Neither of those happened and they got forgotten because it's part of Nisio's tendency to be contrary.

Also, anyone feel like instead of a main character becoming more and more inhuman and powerful, Medaka starts off inhuman and gets more and more human as the story goes on?
CrazyPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 14:55   Link #11253
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson View Post
Also, anyone feel like instead of a main character becoming more and more inhuman and powerful, Medaka starts off inhuman and gets more and more human as the story goes on?
Well, according to Fukurou this was all his plan to make Hansode stop being her double. All according to keikaku.
Old 2012-11-30, 17:46   Link #11254
zeando
maybenotimome

about kamome having plusses and minuses, it could have just been some lent abilities from ajimu
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 20:18   Link #11255
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

It's damn suspicious that we never saw that fight between him and Medaka. If nothing else we better get a flashback to it.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 22:36   Link #11256
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson View Post

More and more human like. Though, even as early as Unzen, I think it is hinted that as much as Medaka tries to be like a human, odds are, she'd never truly be "human", just "Human-like."

Medaka is a class of being probably more closer than Ajimu in nature than any other character, besides Hanten.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 03:19   Link #11257
Sol Falling

Haha. I think the song thing is just build up to Medaka doing something epic. Sukinasaki Saki said that a song is to "shiver, cry, and feel with everybody", and Styles are about communication. Obviously then, if Medaka is singing that song, then she's about to make an attempt at that "communication". Basically, after being pushed back far enough to have to use War God mode to cancel out Joutou's style, Medaka's going to use her imperfect understanding of how styles operate to attempt a style of her own.

Is it possible for Medaka to communicate "passion"? Is it possible for her to understand a human heart? Why the hell not.

Anyway, I guess a literal translation of the song lyrics will be good enough, even if they do sound kinda awkward as a song in English. The use of the word "box" does seem kinda suspicious given that this manga is still called "Medaka Box", whereas that box itself has been discontinued since Medaka stopped being SC president. If the song means anything at all, I do feel that talk about "gods", "boxes", or "demons" will be appropriate to Medaka herself.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 05:43   Link #11258
Homura7

Looks like Medaka is finally starting to graduate from being a monster to become more human-like. But she still has a long way to go.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 16:30   Link #11259
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

I know Medaka is OP, I know learning new tecniques is the oldest clichè on the book...

But shit that was awesome!
Now Medaka will start learning styles!
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 15:18   Link #11260
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Spoiler for I am not surprised:

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council