AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-21, 16:54   Link #141
Red-Haired_Shanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
They are going to be there guarding Ace along with many others.
and they are looking to stop Ace from being saved.
Well its pretty obvious the Shichibukai has fallen apart..
Boa Hancock is obviously on Luffy's side and also she made it clear that she had no intention of fighting Whitebeard, even risking losing her Shichibukai status, the only reason why she went was to help Luffy...
Jinbei sided with Whitebeard...
Blackbeard got his own plans...
Kuma seems like he's a double agent, I think he's with Dragon...
Gecko Moria already gotten his ass whipped by Luffy and the Strawhats...
So really the only ones you got to worry about are Doflamingo and Mihawk...

Then you got the Whitebeard Pirates so the World Government and the Shichibukai who still are with the World Government are going to have their hands full...
Let alone there's a strong possibility Dragon will show up as well..
And once again its also possible Shanks may join the fight as well, even though I'm not sure if he's going to fight with or against Whitebeard
Old 2009-06-21, 17:28   Link #142
kakakka

Quote:
Kuma seems like he's a double agent, I think he's with Dragon...
We aren't sure of Kuma's motives as of yet. Whether he's with Dragon, I dunno if we have solid proof yet.

Quote:
Gecko Moria already gotten his ass whipped by Luffy and the Strawhats...
Doesn't mean its totally written on stone he's easy to defeat...

Quote:
So really the only ones you got to worry about are Doflamingo and Mihawk...
We can say Mihawk is one man pirate group...But we can't really say for Doflamingo's part. He might also have strong subordinate/s if he have any...

Quote:
Then you got the Whitebeard Pirates so the World Government and the Shichibukai who still are with the World Government are going to have their hands full...
Sound like you're underestimating WG. We should not underestimate WG. If they are that thin/weak to subdue (or something along the lines), great minds/enemies could have destroyed the alliance before this event.
Old 2009-06-21, 20:23   Link #143
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
I don't fully agree with you.
Really?

Well thanks for not specifying.

Quote:
Luffy was interviewed back when he was on Sabaody Archipelago.
Heh?

I don't seem to recall..

Are we reading the same manga?
Old 2009-06-21, 20:37   Link #144
seiji_kun

You know, I feel so pwned. I actually believed Luffy would own Magellan seeing that Magellan's poisoning was bye far the worst suffering anyone had given Luffy. Can't believe I predicted that wrong. And now that I realize I can be wrong I'm worried about my Hancock for nakama theory (joke). So lets go with Jinbei now, he's just that awesome! He really is .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Dreamer View Post
I keep hearing all this stuff about being "qualified." What is this a job interview?
Not a job interview but the marines are smart. Ace will be coughed up to something and the only way to open it will be through a punching-machine. You know those machines that measure strength? To free Ace, you'll need to punch 100.000 doriki at that machine or his sea-stone cuffs will not open. Thus Lufy isn't qualified.

Now a good question is, do you think Luffy could exceed 100.000 doriki while using Gear 3rd and 2nd combined? (Lucci hitting Fukuro was 4.000 for the ones who forgot what doriki was)
Old 2009-06-22, 02:07   Link #145
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Whatever happens I just hope that there wont be another empty episode filled with Jinbei's "Awesomeness".Last two episodes were only trying to prove that Jinbei is not just a loser like he appeared so far.Just to prove that fish is something even Magellan pulled a "Imma charging mah strongez lazer now that I have no choice" style.
Old 2009-06-22, 03:42   Link #146
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Really?
Yes

Quote:
Well thanks for not specifying.
Your welcome, lets keep this short and sweet.

Quote:
Heh?

I don't seem to recall..

Are we reading the same manga?
I wouldn't expect someone who would ask such a question, to recall anything. In fact since I am reading/following the (Offical) One Piece Manga, I can tell you that Luffy failed to save his own crew mates against a force that is less then what will be guarding Aces at his execution. So there you have it sorry if I spoiled you.
Old 2009-06-22, 04:22   Link #147
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
So when did failing to save = interview?

Dude I've had enough of your nonsense, sarcasm and bs arguments. You just ignore any counterarguments we make even though it completely refutes your points, what is up with that? Why do you even bother posting if you aren't going to take into account anything anyone else posts if it doesn't agree with your posts? Waste of time IMO.

Are you just a troll?
Old 2009-06-22, 05:05   Link #148
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

I hope magelan wouldn't just stop here.. & Glad hes not physicaly defeated?!
1 vote for Magelan...(these chapter credit should goes to Magelan Awesomeness, 1 man against a whole army)!!

Last edited by nicepace; 2009-06-22 at 08:26.
Old 2009-06-22, 07:03   Link #149
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Now that we kicked lowbies out of prison, it is time for Blackbeard+Shiryu to kick some poisonous as%
Old 2009-06-22, 08:14   Link #150
Red-Haired_Shanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
We aren't sure of Kuma's motives as of yet. Whether he's with Dragon, I dunno if we have solid proof yet.
True. Regardless of whether he's with Dragon or not, I think its pretty safe to say he's not loyal to the WG

Quote:
Doesn't mean its totally written on stone he's easy to defeat...
Yeah, but Luffy knows the bases of his power already, which is stealing shadows and so on. Once someone figures out you're ability they know how to handle you.

Quote:
Sound like you're underestimating WG. We should not underestimate WG. If they are that thin/weak to subdue (or something along the lines), great minds/enemies could have destroyed the alliance before this event.
Sound like you're the one underestimating the Whitebeard Pirates. Sengoku knows how strong Whitebeard is. That's why he felt it necessary to gather the entire marine force, so that says more about the power of Whitebeard than the World Government. And Garp, he knows about the power of Whitebeard and Dark King Rayleigh being as he fought both. He even kept Dark King whereabouts a secret because he said that the World Government couldn't even handle taking on both. Sooooo yeah
Old 2009-06-22, 08:36   Link #151
kakakka

Quote:
True. Regardless of whether he's with Dragon or not, I think its pretty safe to say he's not loyal to the WG
Well, he's still a pirate, his loyalty lies two ways (on WG and to himself) But I don't think he's a total traitor yet.

Quote:
Yeah, but Luffy knows the bases of his power already, which is stealing shadows and so on. Once someone figures out you're ability they know how to handle you.
Same can be said the other way around.

Quote:
Sound like you're the one underestimating the Whitebeard Pirates....
I'm not. But saying WG'll get their hands full just because of Whitebeard pirates, I think WB side is being too overrated/over-praised.

I'll repeat, I'm not looking down on WB, but WG is too big of an organization be ignored and defined just like that. And we don't know half of what they have (or maybe its just me. Drop me some facts, I'll reconsider lol)
Old 2009-06-22, 11:40   Link #152
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
In the end, as I have said many times now, there is no strength requirement, no qualification round, no test, and no invite involved with going to war. Luffy potentially going to war is within the very definition of his character (Luffy succeeding, failing, or being knocked out before the conflicts actually start, are all possibilities based on our opinions, but Luffy trying to go to war is based on canon). That is all I have ever argued, and what I will continue to argue as so long as you, or others, try to argue that he shouldn’t potentially take place in the upcoming conflicts.
Well, it is really the core of excitement in this type of manga, sending the principal character (or a group of good guys) against all odds to either triumph or Fail, to later learn from their defeat and go back again and triumph.

Just like Ichigo and his party went to Soul Society against all odds to save Rukia, Just like Naruto and Co went against all odds to try and rescue Sasuke.
Old 2009-06-22, 12:10   Link #153
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Well, he's still a pirate, his loyalty lies two ways (on WG and to himself) But I don't think he's a total traitor yet.
I think you are mistaken about that part. If he is loyal to Dragon, he is loyal to only him. And what he is doing in the name of Shichibukai shall only help that side of equation in the long run. You should consider the two examples we have. Kuma didn't do what the Government asked from him regarding Luffy two times, one time he openly refused looking at the result, and the other, he refused to interfere using the excuse of what is expected from him giving him the freedom to make a decision.
Old 2009-06-22, 13:01   Link #154
kakakka

Quote:
I think you are mistaken about that part.....And what he is doing in the name of Shichibukai shall only help that (one) side of equation in the long run...
Ah, well, you have a point there.

I'm just not sure why he did all of those things. And doing all those for Dragon doesn't sit well to me, tbh. His connection to Dragon, I dunno about those. Well unless there is something I miss (surely if its the interviews or those official fanbooks).
Old 2009-06-22, 15:28   Link #155
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Concerning you peoples' argument over who is more worthy, given their connection to Ace, and current level of 'ableness' to save him, to rescue him, I think, given the fact that Whitebeard is currently on his way to attack the World Government directly, it would be a waste if he didn't have at least an 80%+ influence on the overall outcome.

This is Whitebeard. The Whitebeard. Currently the Strongest man in the world, assumed to be the most powerful of the Yonkou, and praised as the only man to ever stand on even footing with Gol D. Roger.

I would hate it if he comes in, and storms the holds, and is greeted with an empty cell, or loosed shackles, and no Ace to save.

I think, given the gravity of his appearance, he should have a major role in not only (obviously) the war, but in the goal of his battle, too. I'm convicted that he really is going to die. Surely, allowing Whitebeard to die in a pointless fight would be irritating. Without a doubt.

But, Luffy's direct sibling-relationship with Ace does cut him some considerable slack. I'd accept if he does contribute about 20% of the liberation effort.

Honestly, I don't know what else to think. It's kind of difficult to decide who has a better claim for 'avenger', or 'saviour', or however you want to call it.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-06-22, 17:29   Link #156
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
So when did failing to save = interview?
Oh my gosh.

Quote:
Dude I've had enough of your nonsense, sarcasm and bs arguments. You just ignore any counterarguments we make even though it completely refutes your points, what is up with that? Why do you even bother posting if you aren't going to take into account anything anyone else posts if it doesn't agree with your posts? Waste of time IMO.

Are you just a troll?
You don't know what a troll is.

You have yet to even put up an argument, nor counter anything heck you have no point. Your just posting to post, Since what I am posting seems a bit two complicated for you to understand, I just say it bluntly, no sarcasm, and no jokes about it and so on. Luffy is two weak to save Ace, let some one else save Ace (Newgate or Dragon). Luffy failed to save his crew against a force that is less then what will be guarding Ace at his execution.
Old 2009-06-22, 17:35   Link #157
Charred Knight

Quote:

Same can be said the other way around.

I'm not. But saying WG'll get their hands full just because of Whitebeard pirates, I think WB side is being too overrated/over-praised.

I'll repeat, I'm not looking down on WB, but WG is too big of an organization be ignored and defined just like that. And we don't know half of what they have (or maybe its just me. Drop me some facts, I'll reconsider lol)
Given how incompetent the World Goverment is than I see no reason why Whitebeard, and Luffy can't handle them.

I mean look at how badly they handled the Shichibukai, I mean they completely failed with Crocodile, and Gecko Moria, and the rest of the Shichibukai obviously do what they want most of the time.

Their complete inability to even put a dent in the piracy problem is another thing, and don't even get me started on the fact that they just suffered a massive jail break.
Old 2009-06-22, 17:36   Link #158
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Given how incompetent the World Goverment is than I see no reason why Whitebeard, and Luffy can't handle them.

I mean look at how badly they handled the Shichibukai, I mean they completely failed with Crocodile, and Gecko Moria, and the rest of the Shichibukai obviously do what they want most of the time.

Their complete inability to even put a dent in the piracy problem is another thing, and don't even get me started on the fact that they just suffered a massive jail break.
That will all change if the head of this Pirate era and the strongest piracy has to offer (Newgate) is defeated by the WG.
Old 2009-06-22, 17:43   Link #159
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
That will all change if the head of this Pirate era (Newgate) is defeated by the WG.
Probably. IT's not really definite. Defeating Whitebeard alone, while quite a feat, will not really give them ALL that much footing, unless they grasp onto their victory with unrelenting tenacity and move all out on the other Yonkou, or something rash like that.

I really think the Present Three (Assuming that Whitebeard dies) will still have a very powerful presence. Shanks alone...I have a lot of confidence in.

Kaidou is doubious, since Moria was reported to have fought on 'equal footing' with him at some time. But that may just have been 'then', and now he's totally different.

But honestly, defeating Whitebeard alone, in the face of all these powerful, rapidly blooming Supernovas, and the Revolutionaries, and everything, should not be a be-all-end-all solution for the World Govt.'s problems.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-06-22, 17:53   Link #160
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
Probably. IT's not really definite. Defeating Whitebeard alone, while quite a feat, will not really give them ALL that much footing, unless they grasp onto their victory with unrelenting tenacity and move all out on the other Yonkou, or something rash like that.

I really think the Present Three (Assuming that Whitebeard dies) will still have a very powerful presence. Shanks alone...I have a lot of confidence in.

Kaidou is doubious, since Moria was reported to have fought on 'equal footing' with him at some time. But that may just have been 'then', and now he's totally different.

But honestly, defeating Whitebeard alone, in the face of all there powerful, rapidly blooming Supernovas, and the Revolutionaries, and everything, should not be a be-all-end-all solution for the World Govt.'s problems.
I don't know about Dragon and them, but the way I see it Is if the Whitebeard Pirates, who ARE the strongest piracy has to offer are defeated. It would only be a matter of time before the WG move out and knocked off the other Yonkou (Kaidou, Shanks etc.) Since they are weaker then Newgate and his crew. Not to mention taking out the head of this Pirate era will be a massive blow to piracy.

But things are a bit complicated with the motives of the seven armed seas tossed in and what not so who really knows but Oda.
Closed Thread