AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-04-18, 11:56   Link #5381
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the scarf Deku is wearing is what's left of Gran Torino's cape.

It's been a while since I saw the first movie, but I think the gaunlet there looked like the ones he's wearing now, didn't it? It's definitely a reference in any case.
Old 2021-04-22, 09:27   Link #5382
marvelB

In the latest chapter:

Spoiler for 310:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-23, 01:05   Link #5383
AP24

The chapter reminds me that 1st might have been the first person to have OFA but it was the 2nd who was the first hero to have it and the first to have multiple abilities.

Honestly the 5th and 6th seem to be least significant ones since the others played more important role in cultivating OFA and had more personal connection to AFO.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-23, 07:28   Link #5384
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoilers said the second looks like Bakugo, and he actually looks almost nothing like him

For those unaware, there was a (shitty) theory that the second was actually Bakugo who traveled back/will travel back in time just because they both had spiky hair.
Old 2021-04-23, 10:02   Link #5385
cyberdemon

I’d say there is a resemblance but more in line with that he could be bakugo’s ancestor. That image of him reaching his hand out to the 1st reminds me of child deku doing that for Bakugo but under a reverse situation lol
Old 2021-04-24, 03:32   Link #5386
tsunade666

this reveal of the others OFA quirks are coming fast, one after another. I thought it would go flame of recca style but it just shoves them in a rush manner while showing the growth of deku.
Old 2021-04-24, 06:19   Link #5387
AP24

Reminder that the latest chapter is on a double issue (official release date is 26th April) due to the next week being golden week so no chapter next week
Old 2021-04-25, 17:09   Link #5388
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'd be really interested to find out how the first three users managed to topple AFO and force him underground. OFA must have been pretty weak back then. Maybe they had some awesome offensive quirks unlike the ones we've seen so far (ok, Black Whip can be used as a weapon).
Old 2021-04-25, 17:39   Link #5389
Galaxian

Deku using Float to give the tall lady an umbrella is surprisingly adorable.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-25, 20:52   Link #5390
Wandering Soul

The 2nd and 3rd users are coming off as being sort of petty. I understand they disagree with Deku wanting to save Shigaraki, but like or not he's the only one that can face him at this point. Getting in the way of him reaching his full potential is really just counterproductive at this point.
Old 2021-04-26, 00:27   Link #5391
zibi88

Well Deku said he wants to "try" saving him but if that fails then its the death game, so no idea why are they rebbeling when the 1st and all others want to help deku.

Deku should have either nightvision/sonar or some other quirk so he can work with smokescreen with. Since if he does too much he too cant see the target.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-26, 07:35   Link #5392
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Where do you guys get they're rebelling? They're working with Deku at the end of the chapter. They had misgivings because they saw Deku as too naive, but Yoichi convinced them.
Old 2021-04-27, 15:37   Link #5393
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Where do you guys get they're rebelling? They're working with Deku at the end of the chapter. They had misgivings because they saw Deku as too naive, but Yoichi convinced them.
I didn't say they were rebelling, I just said that them not helping at all up to this point was more counterproductive than anything and made them come off as somewhat immature.
Old 2021-05-06, 06:17   Link #5394
marvelB

Holiday break's over:

Spoiler for 311:

Last edited by marvelB; 2021-05-06 at 06:32.
Old 2021-05-07, 06:46   Link #5395
AP24

I figured out that the series most likely take place in the 22nd century.

All Might had OFA for 40 years and the 4th user had it for 18 years. All the other users didn’t have it as long as the 4th user. The 1st-3rd users lived in the same era and the 5th-7th didn’t have OFA long enough for their bodies to start showing signs of breaking down like the 4th did. The theory of Quirk Singularity was presented 70 years before the current era and it was after the 4th generation of Quirk users showed up. AFO started ruling the country and OFA was created not long after the first case of Quirk appearing in the world. So it should be 100-150 years since Quirks started appearing in the world. It would have been the 21st century when Quirks started appearing in the world based on the setting of the world back then.
Old 2021-05-07, 07:37   Link #5396
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 311:
Old 2021-05-07, 10:50   Link #5397
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for 311:
Spoiler for :
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-07, 16:00   Link #5398
marvelB

(Unofficial) TL is out. Gotta admit, I was caught a bit off-guard by that attack on All Might.... but he'll most likely survive, I suppose. And yes, I agree it's most likely Overhaul with that woman. Remember, he lost his arms before his incarceration (thanks to Shigaraki and Compress), so the woman's threat towards Deku is probably more coincidental than anything. And it's indeed possible she has no affiliation with the league.... after all, Muscular (and most likely Stain) had no dealings with them after escaping, so I wouldn't be surprised if that applied to most of the fugitives who weren't part of the league's inner circle....
Old 2021-05-09, 11:30   Link #5399
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Spoiler for :
Yeah, it could be him. I'm not sure why she'd carry him around though, he's completely useless now. Then again, since she went through the trouble of freeing him, maybe they knew each other and used to be close.
Old 2021-05-09, 19:48   Link #5400
Wandering Soul

If that guy actually does turnout to be Overhaul then it's very lo likely the girl isn't actually with AFO. They could be trying to offer an " enemy of my enemy is my friend" sort of deal. It would explain why Deku's danger sense didn't seem to warn him.

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot