AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 235 66.01%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 79 22.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 7.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 1.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.28%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.40%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-21, 20:35   Link #301
katakami
another procrastinator

Send a message via MSN to katakami Send a message via Yahoo to katakami
I was surprised at first that Ouran ranked higher than Suzu... I mean sure it's funny but it's not special. I love shoujo but I'm a fan of a lot of other styles, and I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't find Ouran that entertaining, particularly a lot of guys. I think it's way too shoujo to be #1.

After reading most of this thread, depending on how this series ends, it's probably going to bump off one of my favourite 5 anime titles (Includes FLCL, Yakitate!! Japan, Karekano, Honey & Clover, FMA) and it's looking like KyoAni's going to be a new favourite studio over Gainax. ^^;; Now that all you guys mentioned it... I've probably watched the intros and ending sequences three times as much as there are episodes... and I sort of thought Haruhi moves ALOT... this studio... is just... animatically insane. @_@ and inspiring...

I don't want it to end so soon! But at the same time, a second series COULD ruin it... I think if it finishes good... it's just got to stay as 14 episodes... preserving memory, ya know?

haha .. I was watching this episode mith my jaw open most of the time. When it started to rain and Haruhi & Yuki performed... I would have screamed like a die hard fan girl... if it weren't 2am in the morning. ><;; (I just squeeled softly instead)
Old 2006-06-21, 20:53   Link #302
Major Kerina

Send a message via AIM to Major Kerina Send a message via MSN to Major Kerina
Going by Kyoani's other followups, it could take a year to 18 months for the 2nd season (keep in mind that's just FMP). But I think the website reference to 15,498. And the other little hints and foreshadowing in the show. It wouldn't make sense to include them if they didn't intend to address it, especially considering how good about presenting things they are up to this point. I just do not see how 2nd season can't be doable once they finish their Kanon remake

They could do it like this
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-21, 21:16   Link #303
katakami
another procrastinator

Send a message via MSN to katakami Send a message via Yahoo to katakami
Hmmm... well since it isn't chronological it is possible. They could do something like they did with Honey & Clover with "special chapters" but whether it's worth it, I don't know.
Old 2006-06-21, 21:16   Link #304
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Of course it wouldn't be as popular. It didn't star the school idol, Asahina Mikuru. The only reason anyone was actually watching Haruhi's movie was to see Mikuru as a bunny girl and in the "combat waitress" costume. You know, I have to feel sorry for those other clubs. They worked their hardest to make the best movie they could, while Haruhi does random things that make no sense, and ends up with a hit because of her lead actress.
Same reason why the maid cafe had a long waiting line of bespectacled boys with camera phones They proabably went straight there after the movie.
Old 2006-06-21, 21:47   Link #305
ECFNW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
The wrap up to the episode's end is also very good, this would make a better series finale than Someday in the Rain.
I so agree with that.
Old 2006-06-21, 21:51   Link #306
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It *is* kind of interesting this isn't the finale.... I mean it comes complete with our bickering couple fading off over the next adventure and the camera pull back to the horizon....
Old 2006-06-21, 22:36   Link #307
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
It *is* kind of interesting this isn't the finale.... I mean it comes complete with our bickering couple fading off over the next adventure and the camera pull back to the horizon....
That's because the actual broadcasted finale will be beyond your wildest dreams..
Old 2006-06-21, 22:55   Link #308
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Kerina
I just do not see how 2nd season can't be doable once they finish their Kanon remake.
Is there any announcement or confirmation how many episodes would the Kanon remake have?
Old 2006-06-21, 23:23   Link #309
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Except that goes directly against what Yuki said... Meh, whatever.

Of course it wouldn't be as popular. It didn't star the school idol, Asahina Mikuru. The only reason anyone was actually watching Haruhi's movie was to see Mikuru as a bunny girl and in the "combat waitress" costume. You know, I have to feel sorry for those other clubs. They worked their hardest to make the best movie they could, while Haruhi does random things that make no sense, and ends up with a hit because of her lead actress.
I hope everyone else figured this out too, and don't think that the movie was anything other than Sub-Z quality.
Old 2006-06-21, 23:33   Link #310
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online
Is there any announcement or confirmation how many episodes would the Kanon remake have?
24 or 26 episodes
Old 2006-06-21, 23:35   Link #311
Hanatori
Yarr.

Yes, they make it painstakingly obvious that though the movie was below amateur level... it was popular because of Mikuru. Look at that audience! >_>;;; Obviously they weren't quite submersed in the plot...

The animation for this episode stood out more than others, which is great, leaves a good impression in my mind.
Old 2006-06-22, 00:20   Link #312
Lxyao
X.X

The commotion in the background caught my attention =D
Old 2006-06-22, 00:26   Link #313
Ardee

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
I'm afraid, that's the only flaw and a really big one for Fire Bomber.

Hirano Aya is just this impressive, as a singer and a VA. Her real personality and character is so far from Haruhi, when she speaks normally no one can believe she actually voiced Haruhi. Her normal vocie is quite high pitched, her singing voice is a soprano voice, but when she voice acts as Haruhi she's using a deeper tone and when she sings as Haruhi, she's actually singing in alto. That just shows how skilled she is in her singing abilities.
I've always figured that Haruhi's voice (apart from God Knows), and that of many other anime girls, is pitch-shifted. That effect adds a certain warble that sounds different from someone just using a higher voice. When I shift up "God Knows" by 1.5 semitones, it sounds more like Haruhi; when I shift the OP down by about 1.25 semis, it sounds much more like a real person's voice. (I'd call Tsuruya a +3 or so)
Old 2006-06-22, 00:33   Link #314
Lost

Quote:
NO!! I'd feel so cheated if it ended with this episode as the finale, it'd be an emotional cliffhanger!! Those are the worse kinds of ending, imo.
Old 2006-06-22, 00:44   Link #315
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
The reason it's like this, is because the source material is made up of short stories. Episode 12 ended as a conlcusion to a novel chapter. There is two to three long arcs, but otherwise there are several "conclusions" to the novel series.
Old 2006-06-22, 01:01   Link #316
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer
I was loading the gun when I heard the ending melody.. then.. the next episode preview came up..
Old 2006-06-22, 01:07   Link #317
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Great episode, the concert really exceeded my expectation:P
Old 2006-06-22, 01:12   Link #318
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Hmm interestingly someone removed Haruhi from the list of Tsundere characters on the Wikipedia. In the interests of this particular episode I felt it necessary to re-add her. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a war between me and some guy, because this pretty much the only thing I feel strongly about concerning this series. I know most people don't want to admit it but she fits the bill, it doesn't make her any less of an original character though.
Old 2006-06-22, 02:00   Link #319
molitar

Wow! This episode was awesome! So many details and the singing was excellent. I believe this is the first time I ever gave any episode a 10! I'm grabbing some of the singles from this series now especially after this episode.
Old 2006-06-22, 02:10   Link #320
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

this ep was awesome! specially the grass part, hehehe so cute.

does anyone know what part of the novel the anime is on? i would think its book 7, but i would just like to confirm
Closed Thread