AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-24, 22:45   Link #421
RussianRambo

Episode 3 was great, I can't wait for the next one!
Talking about events in this episode - forgot about the apple! There is no purpose in poisoning it. The most interesting part is that room. There are 3 bodies there, right? Following a "logical divison of ideas", I suppose that 2 of them are Yuno's parents. The true identity of the other corpse is misterious. Any guesses?

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-11-16 at 19:40.
RussianRambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 00:20   Link #422
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Although a bit predictable and campy in places this was a good episode. I like the ferris wheel scene and that eye scene was good stuff too. That douche with a paper bag or whatever on his head is quite the sadist.

And Yuno appears to have been cockblocked, but it's ok, she'll be waiting for Yuki. It's surprising to see her act normally on occasion but I wonder how much of her is using Yuki to get by the whole game.

I guess I won't blame Yuki for being too shy around Yuno in a swimsuit, since it's a cross between being aroused and scared at the same time

7/10, balanced everything out fine

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 00:22   Link #423
tera_ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
Yukki is the worst character leader ever seen in an anime, why escaping? Why don't ask her who are these corpse and why? Maybe Yuno past is tragic and these people deserve to die?
Yukki is a true baka coward crybaby, run and hide is the only thing he is good to do. >_>
stupidest thing i have heard in a while. of course u run after seeing something so obnoxious and specially since the lights are out. i am 19 and i would do the same
Old 2011-10-25, 00:31   Link #424
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Well, yandere is the toughest girlfriend class to handle...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 00:31   Link #425
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I guess I won't blame Yuki for being too shy around Yuno in a swimsuit, since it's a cross between being aroused and scared at the same time
Honestly, I took that more as Yuki being embarrassed about being on the scrawny side.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 00:40   Link #426
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Yea, he does have self esteem issues, but all and all, there are bigger concerns.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 00:57   Link #427
HandofFate

ouch, 9th.
I know your a terrorist bomber, and kind of deserve it, but you sure are the target of punishment lately.
Old 2011-10-25, 00:57   Link #428
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Yea, he does have self esteem issues, but all and all, there are bigger concerns.
Hey, if he didn't have self-esteem issues, it wouldn't be anywhere near as funny when Yuno torments him, would it? ^^
Old 2011-10-25, 03:23   Link #429
cereal_killerxx

Does anyone know how many episodes this series will be?
cereal_killerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 04:14   Link #430
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
Does anyone know how many episodes this series will be?
2 cours = 26 eps
but I hoped it's 3 cours

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 10:54   Link #431
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
ouch, 9th.
I know your a terrorist bomber, and kind of deserve it, but you sure are the target of punishment lately.
You said it. Of course, I had assumed her eye had already been destroyed by the dart, so I was surprised to see it was still there. And even though she probably couldn't use it anymore, that had to hurt. I'm surprised I wasn't as squicked as I usually am, since eye violence nauseates me.

Fully expecting Ninth to die real soon, and will be a little surprised if she doesn't.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 11:09   Link #432
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
It's symbolic of Adam and Eve. Eating the fruit of knowledge got both kicked out of the Garden of Eden. He could have ignored the door but he had to look, thus changing his future of married bliss and happiness.

The detective, Yuno, and Yuki were destined to win. Their three phones would have been able to thwart the others. Then the three good guys would have been happy dying of natural causes and letting the game go on for decades without a winner.
Or it could be a clue for the locals. Apple browning is dependent on other factors (temp and humidity). Different apple types brown at different times.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...les-turn-brown
Old 2011-10-25, 12:14   Link #433
miketyson

Yeah, you guys are free to do what you want but I think you're probably overthinking the apple, and if you start getting into the nitty-gritty mechanics of bomb triggers or who's paying for things you're *definitely* barking up the wrong tree. That kind of stuff is full of logic problems and I don't think the author cared much.

What the author really did put a lot of thought into is the hypotheticals: you're going to see both MCs make lots and lots of facepalm-ish decisions, or stuff that makes you go "what if?" (like in ep3:
Spoiler:
or
Spoiler:
). You'll get a lot more out of the story if you keep track of these kinds of what-ifs -- and what you think about them -- so you can come back to them later on when you have more info.

Or, in short: it's not a story that's grounded too well in reality, but it's very well grounded in the space of possibilities and hypotheticals.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 12:16   Link #434
revive4563

Yuno should've excused herself for about it, even if it was lie.

It's super scary BECAUSE she was trying to ignore the problem.

Why yandere is always like that? Though I don't hate yandere as a pure love.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 13:38   Link #435
TakezoMusashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by revive4563 View Post
Yuno should've excused herself for about it, even if it was lie.

It's super scary BECAUSE she was trying to ignore the problem.

Why yandere is always like that? Though I don't hate yandere as a pure love.
Because yanderes are mentally ill.
TakezoMusashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 14:02   Link #436
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Or it could be a clue for the locals. Apple browning is dependent on other factors (temp and humidity). Different apple types brown at different times.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...les-turn-brown
Possible. But this isn't one of those mystery anime. This isn't Kamisama No Memochou or Gosick where they'd make a big deal out of how an apple oxidizes.

There is a big supernatural element to the show.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 17:02   Link #437
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

So far I'm liking the direction the anime is going. It looked like I was worrying for nothing at all. I love how people are trying to apply logic and common sense into this. Your heads will explode if you watch the later episodes with this type of show. It'd be best to think of this show more as Code Geass than anything.

The reason Yuno is scared of haunted house than killing and the house with actual dead body seems to suggest that she is uncomfortable in a confined space. And she is yandere poster girl and that speaks everything she does here. She simply trusts him and wants his trust in return. I guess if normal people saw the horrible crime scene, they'd call the cops instead of just running away. They wouldn't even believe about future diary thing and toss it aside.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 17:16   Link #438
Forsaken_Infinity

Awesome episode again. I love this show.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 18:37   Link #439
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Seen the second episode.

As I can tell Mirai Nikki is taking off rather smoothly. I feel the blending of styles is up to my taste.

In one side, the use of the diaries to anticipate the foes' opposite moves as in playing chess adds a cerebral dimension within this twisted game of solo survival, while at the same time it bluntly showcases the dark side of human nature strained in brutal and stressful circumstances; the frailty to watch on how all your hopes are brutally crushed when your friends and teammates actually are backstabbing you.

I cannot blame Yuno why she snapped, though I cannot feel empathy for her actions in concern to the killing of the other classmates that sold Yukiteru. They were placed in an abysmal situation of the blue and were in extreme deep for their lives; a maniac publically barges in that has rigged the whole school facilities with dangerous explosives, that can be remotely detonated is a trigger as how many people can act frenzied with desperation to survive once losing their cool.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 20:11   Link #440
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I cannot blame Yuno why she snapped, though I cannot feel empathy for her actions in concern to the killing of the other classmates that sold Yukiteru. They were placed in an abysmal situation of the blue and were in extreme deep for their lives; a maniac publically barges in that has rigged the whole school facilities with dangerous explosives, that can be remotely detonated is a trigger as how many people can act frenzied with desperation to survive once losing their cool.
It's difficult for most anyone to sympathize with Yuno's actions as she, quite honestly, just doesn't care in the slightest about anyone who would pose a threat to Yukkii's safety or has, in her eyes, betrayed him.

It's a sociopathic tendency in that she feels no guilt nor remorse whatsoever about the lives of people she's destroyed so long as it serves her ultimate goal, which in her case is protecting Yukkii. It's what makes her so goddamn dangerous in that anything, even her own life, is likely forfeit if it prove an obstacle to that end.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere