AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-05, 08:16   Link #681
janipani

Somehow I have a feelling that Raki is not a normal boy anymore... if he ever was.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 13:33   Link #682
OliverTwist

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Somehow I have a feelling that Raki is not a normal boy anymore... if he ever was.
I tend to agree. Going by that how he looks on that last page he doesn't seem excited or nervous at all to see those guys, which screams to me that he either knows them already or he isn't afraid of them at all. Makes me wonder if the whole Raki's armor was a part of Isley theory may be true after all.
OliverTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 16:04   Link #683
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

He's been traveling with Priscilla all this time, who he knew to be an Awakened Being at some point during those seven years. He isn't going to bait them by acting helpless or scared. There is no point to acting like that anyway.

Maybe he does have some crazy power-up in store somewhere...either way, someone's in for a surprise if Raki gets attacked by them. If they do attack, I call Priscilla saving him.

On another note - it's great seeing the Dream Duo back in action. Its almost if I can feel that Miria is happy to be fighting beside Clare again after what seems like years...>.<
Old 2012-10-05, 21:53   Link #684
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

I also think that we will have a big surprise in store for us. Raki is most likely (Imo) have some powers we don't know.

There are other possibilities too of course, but i am leaning toward Raki having become very strong.
Old 2012-10-06, 01:26   Link #685
evil_kenshin

though I've just realized something; Raki uttered Priscilla's name in front of miria and co when he saw her merged with clare and the others heard him say it (2 chapters ago); Raki was able to pass it off as "reminding him of someone else", now that Clare has officially named Priscillia infront of miria and co why didn't they link that Raki knew this beings name?
Old 2012-10-06, 09:37   Link #686
janipani

^ That is a good point, but could be that they aren't really paying much attention to mere human being like Raki is, so his words and things he knows are put so little weight on that his words are easily forgotten. He's mainly important as a dear someone to Clare, not as a person that much.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 14:28   Link #687
AdventSleeper

Kind of a "meh" chapter..

Though its saving point was the end. Curious to see what's up with Raki.
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 19:01   Link #688
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Or those Awakened Beings think Prisc hasn't gone completely bonkers, and might still have some affection for Raki.

You know, as an alternative to Raki having super powers.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 21:09   Link #689
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Or those Awakened Beings think Prisc hasn't gone completely bonkers, and might still have some affection for Raki.

You know, as an alternative to Raki having super powers.
if pris recovers her memories completely those awakened are gonna die horrific deaths right now pris is being guided by memory fragments and instinct
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 21:24   Link #690
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
if pris recovers her memories completely those awakened are gonna die horrific deaths right now pris is being guided by memory fragments and instinct
I don't think Pris would care about Raki anymore. Awakened Beings aren't exactly sane creatures, lol.
Old 2012-10-10, 23:34   Link #691
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't think Pris would care about Raki anymore. Awakened Beings aren't exactly sane creatures, lol.
isley did grow to like and i think pris does care why simple if she didn't she would have never have helped him from infection of the destroyer and left him to his fate also she would have eaten him immediately at any time she never did
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 08:50   Link #692
SagaraSouske

Raki is prob descended from Dragon Kin.
Old 2012-10-11, 16:32   Link #693
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
Raki is prob descended from Dragon Kin.
Highly unlikely.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 13:10   Link #694
Nidhogg

Isley thought enough about him to train him in the way of the sword and Priscilla cared enough to plant her left arm in his back to save him from being engulfed by those rods. Eventually he will have to explain to the ghosts just how he managed to survive those seven years.
Nidhogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 18:03   Link #695
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I managed to find a copy of volume 13 at Kinokuniya in NYC! That's the volume that Viz stopped publishing for some unknown reason.
Old 2012-10-15, 20:39   Link #696
GrimJack

Quote:
I managed to find a copy of volume 13 at Kinokuniya in NYC! That's the volume that Viz stopped publishing for some unknown reason.
since I own up to 20 you have been misled
Old 2012-10-16, 03:01   Link #697
klare

the fight in 131 is kind of sudden, feel like i missed something from last eps

and yeah, interesting to see how Raki handle 2 awakens by himself
Old 2012-10-19, 07:14   Link #698
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
since I own up to 20 you have been misled
No. I had ordered 13 and it was cancelled. I couldn't find it anywhere. I contacted Rightstuf and they said the publisher discontinued it.
Old 2012-10-19, 09:11   Link #699
Newhope

Quote:
No. I had ordered 13 and it was cancelled. I couldn't find it anywhere. I contacted Rightstuf and they said the publisher discontinued it.
Just checked Amazon still has 42 copies listed and saw a few copies in stock in my local store last time I looked.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 16:55   Link #700
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Just checked Amazon still has 42 copies listed and saw a few copies in stock in my local store last time I looked.
You live in England, I'm in the US. Can't compare apples or oranges here. The copy I found was printed last year. It's possible they started to print more or release again, who knows. All I know is that Rightstuf still does not have it listed on their site and they do all of my manga shopping there since I save money doing so.

Speaking of Viz... they translated yoma as demon in volume 20 but kept yoma to describe the energy. So, you read "half-demon" instead of "half-yoma" but they mention yoma energy when talking about Clare inside the ball of Destroyter & Prisc.