ボカロ廃

Frozen time.

Date: March 16, 2008
Time: 14:59
Place: Ginza, Tokyo, Japan
Participated people: 50

止まってみた

Original idea: Frozen Grand Central / YouTube

Edit: Nico Nico Aisare Chara #3 going on as of right now. Most popular chara decided by the amount of comments recieved by deadline. List of all characters can probably be found through this tag: ニコニコ愛されキャラ選手権

Deadline is 12 PM(?) on the 23rd JP time. (11PM EST/8PM PST @ 22nd, if my mind is not wonky.)

Current ranking can be seen if you choose Comment under Nico's general daily ranking.

Go and spam your favorite character~

Edit 2: I perfer this version of Lantis Kumikyoku better than the original.

【裏】ランティスが本気を出したようです【ランティス組曲】

Would even consider buying it if this is the actual.

Last edited by Asamidori; 2008-03-22 at 05:55.
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 02:14   Link #202
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
A question: is downloading the video possible?

Also, how do you shut off comments?
Well,i think i replyed you on that but well:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikimtasu View Post
Craving Explorer.

http://www.butsu-yoku.com/
Screenshot for how to download it:

Note that it only work with the sm's ,it will not work on the nm's.
Old 2008-03-24, 02:56   Link #203
wao
OK.

This came up on teh rankings a few days ago, and I kept off posting it here but I'm just so tickled by this damn Yugioh MAD that I have to post it here:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2751654

Yugi vs. Enemy Controller Squadron (Kaiba, Jounouchi and Bakura)... to the tune of the Sabre Dance by Khachaturian. Which is revenge against him being raepd by Enemy Controller dancing to the Can-Can.
No, I am not kidding you. (Would you like a Kaiba-Jounouchi EneCon conversation a la Maple Leaf Rag? Kaiba gets many phone calls, he's a busy man you know... fighting with ISONO and all...)

I don't even watch the show but some of the Yugioh MADs on niconico are its finest products. (I-I think I'm supposed to sound ashamed saying this) Putting aside the numerous IOSYS music mixups (how many Usatei ones are there alone? Enacon, UdeSil, Punsuka, etc) there's others that have killed me numerous times.

I figure there'll be people who get sick of it or don't find it fun (EneCon mads are the epitome of Pointlessly Stupid), and last year, I never ever ever thought I'd watch anything Yugioh-related but I totally went along with the Yugioh wave in niconico... (and still giggle at Kaiba. And actually got addicted to that Kisara version of Oyome ni Shinasai. I need help.)

And recently I saw one which I don't know how I ignored for so long... It was all over for me when Kaiba did that ( ゜∀゜) face, I don't know how long I kept laughing for...

(Anyone has a helpline for Yugioh MAD addicts? Please? Anyone...?)

(Ooh, and this video is pretty cool, I think there's similar ones on youtube... If you stare at the inverse-coloured pictures for a long time, when it's changed to black and white for a second you can see the real colours overlaid on the black and white picture!)

EDIT: And this Haruhi x Lelouch MAD is pretty funny too - Haruhi's been entirely replaced by Zero and his lines. My favourite bit was the uh... new meaning of SOS-Dan.

Last edited by wao; 2008-03-24 at 07:58.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 09:43   Link #204
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Recently I noticed some of the newer videos having a special function for users to "toy" with. These videos would occasionally pop-up buttons for you to click on, in which a customized reply would appear on the screen. So an uploader can place a button titled "Click Me" and the reply would be "Kyonko Moe~" or something like that.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 10:56   Link #205
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

That's the @Button feature, which created a total chaos two weeks ago when it was first implemented. A video produced about 2mil comments in one week, something totally impossible before. Niwango have to put a limit on only one button push per viewing because of that.
Old 2008-03-24, 21:58   Link #206
wao
OK.

Hoho, here comes another Awareness-Raising Plea sort of video #1 in the rankings (well, as of this time)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2778060

Something like a plea to the current anime producers for a change in the way they operate - particularly the way producers and TV stations take the bulk of the money while those actually making it (animators in particular) are being shortchanged.
(This video shows some leaked salary calculations from Gun x Sword, formerly known as Dan Chester Van, as well as Bamboo Blade that were being passed around some time back.*)

Discussion on the shitty conditions animators get would be offtopic, so I'd just mention that what I find interesting are the comments are a nice summary of two opinions in Japanese fandom, for and against the current model of TV airing -> DVD sales.
I see people complaining about how the Americans have it so cheap that they, the so-called original fans, feel ripped off. "If more people just paid up surely the studios would feel more confident in spending a lot on one anime, making it win-win" Some are echoing the same "the content holders should be doing more uploading" (and on nico, not Gyao or others) I see the rare Linux user complaining about how sites like Gyao suck (presumably cos of DRM) Of course there's the usual "Why the hell are you guys so desperate about anime" stuff and so on...

Considering the time right now I'm sure the comments at this point are going to be from slightly special users *cough* but maybe there'll be a nice, hot flame war in the evening.

*Some figures extracted (you probably have seen them elsewhere): A key animator makes 2000 yen (US$19) for 1 cut, which varies in length depending on the situation, and can be pretty difficult since you'd have to write down the movement needed, get the faces right, draw the key frames in a sensible manner... animators don't get more than a few cuts from a show.
And for in-between animation, say there's 4000 drawings in an anime split up over 20 people. 1 sheet = 2000yen, so one person gets 40,000yen for one episode... that's 160000 yen a month. US$1590 per month...
Worse still, the stressful job of in-between checking (iirc, you have to literally flip through ALL the frames of animation to spot any errors in tracing/in-between and correct them) gets you... 70,000 yen per month. That's US$695 in expensive, expensive Tokyo and you're royally screwed if you have to pay for your living.

Then of course there's the chart showing how tv stations/advertisers take up a good chunk of the sponsored money, which some debate but anyway... I'm sure the fans would be more than glad to advertise for you

EDIT: While I'm here, I just wanted to ask how TAGIRI works for you guys using Firefox - I used it before and I used it again recently but it still refuses to wrk for me. I only end up downloading a 0kb .flv...
~_~

Last edited by wao; 2008-03-25 at 06:40.
Old 2008-03-26, 21:33   Link #207
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Old video, and I never watched CLANNAD before.

【CLANNAD】だんご大家族 風子編

Spoiler for YouTube:

Maybe I'm just emotional, but tears come up everytime I watch that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
While I'm here, I just wanted to ask how TAGIRI works for you guys using Firefox - I used it before and I used it again recently but it still refuses to wrk for me. I only end up downloading a 0kb .flv...
~_~
If you're already watching the video, or finished watching it, refresh the page. Hit the TAGIRI button to download the file RIGHT AFTER the page loaded. (Make sure the cyan play time bar for the video is loading.)

It always give me a 3kb file if I try to save the video after it's done loading, and it always works if I do the saving right after the refresh.

Last edited by Asamidori; 2008-03-26 at 21:56.
Old 2008-03-31, 10:27   Link #208
wao
OK.

And in an effort to bump this thread up again...

Introducing... Niconico Douga 2.0 (lol)!

With functions everybody was waiting for like... ordering pizzas just one "@ピザ" away, and groundbreaking advances in controlling time. Now you can do the impossible and see comments IN REVERSE!

And this Gacktoloid had better be a damn April Fool's Joke too. I can't tell because I get the feeling if names of people like that are used loosely they'll have a lawsuit flying their way...
Old 2008-03-31, 10:58   Link #209
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Everything labeled 4/1 is probably a joke. ...But dang the comments amuse me. xD (And I'm the suckah that actually went and tried @ピザ.)
Old 2008-03-31, 21:17   Link #210
wao
OK.

I wouldn't put it past some people to put something up on April Fool's, have everyone believe it's a joke and then announce later that it is real, therefore being a Double Fake...

...but although I couldn't imagine them really putting Gackt's name there like that, a Gackt Vocaloid sounds so ridiculously impossible that I really doubt it's true either

Oh and I admit to trying @ピザ too! The Spiderman video got flooded with it just as it hit 777777 views, flushing away the comment art... but it was rather suitable for the scene where he appears fatter than usual (PIZZA)
Old 2008-04-01, 10:59   Link #211
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Submits @ピザ

Hey I never knew I could order Domino's on niconico.

Almost all the major software publishers are into this April 1st business today, even Danny Choo decided to "collaborate" and have his blog mascot a playable (aka "shaggable") bishoujo game character.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 20:44   Link #212
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Now a lot of people are typing @ひろゆき. What do they think this will do? Ping Hiroyuki?
Old 2008-04-04, 02:20   Link #213
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Follow up on the Gackt vocaloid news. Not sure which topic I should post this to, so I'll just throw it here since there's already a discussion(?) about it up:

http://vocaloid-log.livejournal.com/10500.html
Old 2008-04-04, 04:10   Link #214
wao
OK.

I had thought they can't just use Gackt's name and get away with it without a single "P.S. this is a joke" disclaimer anywhere on the site...

...but it still sounds so ridiculous, does Gackt's fanbase and the Vocaloid user fanbase overlap that much? Or are they hoping more and more (even normal people) will try out simple DTM if it's got a famous voice behind it? Seeing how obsessed we can get about mere synthetic voices and create characters behind it... and how strong the community in general is, perhaps they see an Opportunity here.

Personally I hope it's just an extended joke or something - for one thing it doesn't seem like Gackt's voice is that suited for a Vocaloid and for another it's kinda not as fun when you have someone as famous as that supplying the voice...

And what the hell is the name of whatever this audio track came with?! http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2876706
It's nothing but Moetan-style "Let's learn English!"... with in-jokes, in-jokes and more in-jokes.
There's no Aichi baa-jan! Oh god someone stop this.
Old 2008-04-04, 17:53   Link #215
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Yesterday night's "The Net Star" broadcasted by NHK.

Do NOT MyList the video. Both parts.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2895380

Second part link in tag.

うろたんだー... NHK... Can't...stop...cracking up...

PS: ニコランに吹いた
↑Actually all the cards on the table is damn amusing. And, road roller on top of negi. xDDDDD

Last edited by Asamidori; 2008-04-04 at 18:19.
Old 2008-04-05, 08:30   Link #216
wao
OK.

Oh my god, that was so awful at some parts and hilarious at others. Got quite a chuckle out of it... Tomoko Kaneda's voice is just SCARY when you hear it coming out of her, I swear. I haven't watched the predecessor to that series though. Actually, I'm pretty clueless on what's been aired on NHK regarding online phenomenon - I watched a clip from somewhere that involved an interview with the singer Shachou (who was wearing a horse head and kept scratching it) but was that NHK? Hm...

And I didn't expect them to talk about Kaito but ignore Meiko completely! Hey. I guess it's a-okay since Kaito usually gets ignored though.
Old 2008-04-05, 09:11   Link #217
Rembr

What the hell is wrong with Hungary.
Rembr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 16:54   Link #218
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Oh my god, that was so awful at some parts and hilarious at others. Got quite a chuckle out of it... Tomoko Kaneda's voice is just SCARY when you hear it coming out of her, I swear. I haven't watched the predecessor to that series though. Actually, I'm pretty clueless on what's been aired on NHK regarding online phenomenon - I watched a clip from somewhere that involved an interview with the singer Shachou (who was wearing a horse head and kept scratching it) but was that NHK? Hm...

And I didn't expect them to talk about Kaito but ignore Meiko completely! Hey. I guess it's a-okay since Kaito usually gets ignored though.
I've gone through the Kaneda thing a while ago already... xD;; *remembers the first time she watches a certain seiyuu bowling event thing and Kaneda was in it* Oh god that scared the hell out of me. ;;

I didn't watch the original The Net Star too, but only searched it up 'cause I went to wandererP's そよぐ真昼の歌 and there's a buncha comments there saying the song was on Net Star. (Turned out to be just the preview picture, but the title's clearly written on there. =X )

Don't think Shachou's interview was NHK? Not sure though, the video got deleted about 20 seconds after I was done loading and watching it. (Refreshed the page and the video was gone...)

They were basing their search on Nico Nico, and nii-san has been pretty popular on there lately, so I can kinda understand why they picked KAITO over MEIKO. ...Just totally didn't expect them to play Urotanda-. And a whole verse, too. Really started to think there are Urotanda- members in NHK now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembr View Post
What the hell is wrong with Hungary.
LMAO

So true, so true. xD
Old 2008-04-05, 19:01   Link #219
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Oh nico gurus, I have 2 questions for you. 1 Is the nico movie maker anygood? What exactly does it do? Should I get it? (now that the buzz has calmed down around it...)

And 2 what is it called when people speak as they play video games? I hear first for biohazard 4, but then I saw on for zelda:MM and was very interested. I want to find more like this, but I do not know how to find them. For an example of what I am talking about please look here.

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 22:33   Link #220
wao
OK.

I never listen to seiyuu shows most of the time so it was a bit shocking to hear Kaneda's voice come out like that... she's what, 34 or something and she sounds like she's using helium. Aargh!

jigenbakuda: I've never used NMM, but it's only a very simple slideshow maker - afaik you can only import pictures and sound tracks into it. And put transitions between the pictures. (in case you're thinking of exporting all the frames of a video as pictures and importing it in, I think there's a limit on the number of pictures you can use)

It's useful if you just want to show still pictures (like those guys distributing .zips of pictures taken off the net, of course the protective Japanese artists are rather furious about this) or you sang something as a karaoke/made your own song and just want some picture to put on it. The advantage is that people who have no clue how to encode flvs now don't have to use Windows Movie Maker or something equally crappy to upload larger .avi files; now they can use NMM and it gets directly sent to niconico. The resulting file is .swf format.

And I think 実況 (jikkyou) is what they call the second one. The tag you are looking for is this (実況プレイ - playthrough with commentary); if you want just the first part of a series then try this (実況プレイpart1リンク).

===

Also now I'm here because I just saw the ~*BEST*~ video of the whole week today: Auto-Mario Luigi Sequencer x JAM Project's GONG.
O. M. G. that has to be the best Auto-Mario Sequencer video I have ever seen, I think. I think.... yes, yes it's either the best or definitely one of the top for sure. I mean my mouth literally opened wide and stayed there when it came to the "GONGを鳴らせ" part displayed in blocks. Never happened with Auto-Mario Sequencer before. Also, it's Luigi!
Seriously, go watch it! It must have taken an amazing effort to not just synchronize it so well to the music, but he even fit it to the lyrics in very nice ways. It helps that I love this song, but he really captured the burning spirit of it and I really felt like going outside and riding a large Luigi mecha to save the universe for a moment just now. The way he reused the おおおおお lines, the countdown, the speediness... oh I just love this.
EDIT: I forgot to mention, it's by the guy who did that awesome Auto Mario Sequencer x Danjo which left many people jealous, so this kind of quality is almost expected

On the same day we've also got an Auto-Mario Sequencer for the Mahoujin Guru Guru ED, Wind Climbing ~Kaze ni Asobarete~ by Aki Okui (I only remember her as the singer for one of the best anime songs out there, the ∀ Gundam ED Tsuki no Mayu) It's of course not a burning hot song like GONG and so it won't seem as amazing, but it's a pretty good one as it is so if you like AMS you should check it out.

Coincidentally the OP and ED for Mahoujin Guru Guru, both by Aki Okui, are really popular among Japanese anime fans (there's even an old 2ch parody of the OP) - I'm guessing the show itself was pretty popular among kids who watched it and grew up to become your current otaku, so it's become a real bit of nostalgia for them. I'm saying this because personally I don't see what's that great about the songs; they're not bad and I quite like Okui's voice but otherwise... hm.
I guess it's just like how if you play the Akazukin Chacha or Shin Hakkenden OP/ED I'll suddenly have a rush of nostalgia and want to listen to it a lot regardless of how good the song actually is (I do have the latter 2 in my playlist!) because those were some of the earliest anime I watched.

==

Oh and one last thing; I don't care if you're sick of Marisa stole the precious thing but someone drew a Death Note parody of it. I think it's cute! :< http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2882755

Last edited by wao; 2008-04-05 at 23:05.

Tags
video