AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-07-31, 15:05   Link #41
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
Next Chapter: Obito was just trolling. Izanagi!
Makes me wonder: Why didn't he use it? He used it before, so it's not like he doesn't know how.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 16:24   Link #42
GDB

Hasn't be been rather suicidal and begging for death since before Kaguya even showed up? Why would he WANT to live when he got the chance at death?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 20:17   Link #43
Man of Sin

This chapter sucked. Here are three reasons why:

1) Obito death is really contrived. He could have used Izangai to survive and have Naruto heal his eye so he could improve the battle. Kakashi even notes that they need him. This makes Obito look like either an idiot or selfish(he just wanted to be with Rin).

2) OMG! Naruto just said that Obito was the coolest guy/nothing but awesome was retarded. He killed Naruto's friends, family, and comrades. He ruined his life. Its one thing to forgive, but saying that phase was pathetic.

3) Rin is into bad boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post

As for Kaguya as a villain, my only issue is all the build-up to her being the big bad guy comes in this arch alone and I don't really remember any foreshadowing to her being the true final villain in previous arcs. On top of that, she comes off as a somewhat generic villain with her goals and ideas which I think just hurts her character even more.
Her goals have not been revealed yet and I highly doubt she is final villain. She seems more like a side antagonist for something bigger and I think Black Zetsu is controlling her.
Man of Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 23:38   Link #44
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
Her goals have not been revealed yet and I highly doubt she is final villain. She seems more like a side antagonist for something bigger and I think Black Zetsu is controlling her.
i dont really care about kaguya or BZ, but the good news is that they are separated now so hopefully one of them will die and/or go away soon
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 23:55   Link #45
ranchan13

Zetsu in and of itself has always been just odd.

Sadly, I'd almost prefer Zetsu be controlling Kaguya, and once she's beaten, he can be the final boss.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 00:20   Link #46
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Can't Izanagi be countered by Izanami? Couldn't Kaguya use that counter if she wanted to?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 03:29   Link #47
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Can't Izanagi be countered by Izanami? Couldn't Kaguya use that counter if she wanted to?
i doubt that, until now she never used any normal jutsu, only the "kekkei genkais" of her doujutsus...

the dimension travelling, bone power , byakugan, flying, etc.

i dont think that she can use izanagi or izanami because they are "normal" jutsus...

and izanami doesnt negate izanagi, it simply bring the user into a dreamworld (and she already has IT) where he will repeat a certain timespan again and again until he finally accepts his fate and wont try to change it via izanagi...

if she could use it she should use it on naruto and sasuke, and only i they accept their fate they will be released (being kaguyas servants )
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 04:29   Link #48
JustRob

Izanagi was a plot device created for Danzo so he wouldn't immediately get slaughtered against Sasuke. And now it bites them in the ass because every time a Sharingan guy dies they should have been able to use it.

I really didn't expect the manga to come to this when the war first started. I remember the shock and awe when Edo Tensei Madara suddenly appeared on the battlefield and pretty much trashed everyone, including the five Kage.

I don't have that same thrill watching Kaguya.
Old 2014-08-01, 04:34   Link #49
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Izanagi was a plot device created for Danzo so he wouldn't immediately get slaughtered against Sasuke. And now it bites them in the ass because every time a Sharingan guy dies they should have been able to use it.

I really didn't expect the manga to come to this when the war first started. I remember the shock and awe when Edo Tensei Madara suddenly appeared on the battlefield and pretty much trashed everyone, including the five Kage.

I don't have that same thrill watching Kaguya.
Because the only thing we see is that "father"-kaguya fights against "son"-naruto + "holy ghost"-sasuke...

they are the BS-trinity :'(
since tobi turned out to be obito this war arc lost its seriousness with each arc, now, a naruto who saw obito dying can suddenly catch kaguya....wtf? They couldnt even touch her two chapters ago...
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 04:57   Link #50
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Maybe Obito didn't use Izanagi because he didn't have chakra to do it!
Old 2014-08-01, 08:04   Link #51
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
This chapter sucked. Here are three reasons why:

1) Obito death is really contrived. He could have used Izangai to survive and have Naruto heal his eye so he could improve the battle. Kakashi even notes that they need him. This makes Obito look like either an idiot or selfish(he just wanted to be with Rin).
Or he could have at least given his Kamui eye back to Kakashi before it disintegrated.
Old 2014-08-01, 12:00   Link #52
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Or he could have at least given his Kamui eye back to Kakashi before it disintegrated.
Maybe Obito likes how useless and weak Kakashi has become and wants him to remain that way.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 13:00   Link #53
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Maybe Obito likes how useless and weak Kakashi has become and wants him to remain that way.
so kakashi wont impress rin when he dies too and obito can have her all to himself
Old 2014-08-01, 15:59   Link #54
Hiking_Bear

Or Sasuke remembers he has Rinnegan now:

Sasuke: Rinne Tensei!
Obito: I'm back. Sup?
Old 2014-08-01, 17:17   Link #55
itachi-san314

Quote:
Or Sasuke remembers he has Rinnegan now:

Sasuke: Rinne Tensei!
Obito: I'm back. Sup?
No way. I'm picturing obito hugging rin as sasuke tries to pull him back to life. "NNNooooooo! Leave me alone with my kiddie crush!"
Old 2014-08-01, 22:22   Link #56
Artful_Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
No way. I'm picturing obito hugging rin as sasuke tries to pull him back to life. "NNNooooooo! Leave me alone with my kiddie crush!"
It's pretty funny how serious the manga makes these adolescent crushes and relationships seem. Even funnier is how serious some shippers seem to take them during after certain chapters showing the slightest hint, like when Naruto and Hinata merely held hands, it caused all sorts of members(who haven't posted in a while) to show up and rejoice while the Naruto-Sakura crowd threw fits.... because they held hands! lol. ...Still and all, I thought Sasuke holding Sakura from falling made a really cool looking picture.
Artful_Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 09:40   Link #57
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful_Dodger View Post
It's pretty funny how serious the manga makes these adolescent crushes and relationships seem. Even funnier is how serious some shippers seem to take them during after certain chapters showing the slightest hint, like when Naruto and Hinata merely held hands, it caused all sorts of members(who haven't posted in a while) to show up and rejoice while the Naruto-Sakura crowd threw fits.... because they held hands! lol. ...Still and all, I thought Sasuke holding Sakura from falling made a really cool looking picture.
The shipping, and the hilarity it brings, is probably the only redeeming quality left in the manga. The panel with Sasuke holding Sakura was out of a cheesy romance novel and it was hilarious to see the fandoms explode over it. I could care less about Kaguya and Kishi's stumbling toward the end. I just want Hinata and the other characters back for more shipping hilarity.

IF Naruto continues past Shippuden in some form, which the movie seems to be hinting at, we might not even get any real resolution at the end of the manga.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 10:59   Link #58
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
IF Naruto continues past Shippuden in some form, which the movie seems to be hinting at, we might not even get any real resolution at the end of the manga.
I'm 99% sure there won't be relationship resolution in shippuuden. my guess is another several year timeskip in which people are together and have already made babies/got pregnant
Old 2014-08-02, 18:32   Link #59
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Makes me wonder: Why didn't he use it? He used it before, so it's not like he doesn't know how.
We might get a nod to this in the next chapter. Maybe he did use Izanagi, but used it to give both of his eyes to Kakashi (with the Uchiha Kekkei Genki so that he has better, more natural control of them).

That's about the only thing that could possibly be done right now to make Kakashi relevant. Won't happen, but it'd at least be believable, compared to all the other crap going on of late
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 17:00   Link #60
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
That's about the only thing that could possibly be done right now to make Kakashi relevant. Won't happen, but it'd at least be believable, compared to all the other crap going on of late
that would be great. to die without using the full potential of his eyes or giving them to kakashi would be idiotic (so 50/50 chance i guess )

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion