AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2015-07-04, 05:19   Link #61
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I didn't say Sasuke, its about Karin not moving on in her life. I'm not sure if being away for a decade from your family is not worse than "cheating". For Sasuke's character it would be more fitting if at some point in his journeys he had a child with Karin. Of course with only a 10 chapter gaiden it's impossible to tell a more complex story, i didn't know this would be so short so i had some hopes that some interesting story will unfold.
If this wasn't a family story I'd agree. At the end of Shippuden I thought it made the most sense for Sasuke to travel the world having as much sex as possible (not that it was likely) if he wanted to restart the Uchiha clan. But Kishi clearly went in a more family values direction with this story. It would make more sense for him to keep getting Sakura pregnant though. I'm not sure why having a lot of kids wouldn't be his goal. I'm not sure if he really cares about the Uchiha clan after all. Naruto seems to care more based on what he did with Shin.

It would also be funny having Sakura deal with a houseful of little brats.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 07:01   Link #62
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful_Dodger View Post
I assume you really liked it at some point in the beginning; when do you think the manga turned from being a good read?
after part1 where naruto didnt get any notable power up aside from "relying on kuramas chakra",
than it got better with itachi arc and pain arc, and finally the war arc made eveything go downhill without any restriction
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 07:28   Link #63
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
but hunterxhunter is awesome, badass, interesting, cool, likeable, powerful, epic...
everything which naruto isnt...
it is as if you compare gold with trash
I made an attempt to read it but I did not enjoyed it. I don't know why...Maybe due to spoilers...But something even interesting or even more interesting with spoiler. I guess that was not the case for me

Quote:
after part1 where naruto didnt get any notable power up aside from "relying on kuramas chakra",
than it got better with itachi arc and pain arc, and finally the war arc made eveything go downhill without any restriction
Oh c'mon. It had a good part where Madara owned those kages
Old 2015-07-04, 07:40   Link #64
Artful_Dodger

Quote:
And of course he is the only one who can investigate some threat to the existence of the world, while all the other ninja and kage who basically have nothing to do because Naruto's world peace are doing absolutely nothing about it.
Who would you rather have leave their family to take care of this then? I believe the person would also need to be able to travel through different dimensions and have certain sensing abilities as well.
Artful_Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 08:42   Link #65
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
I made an attempt to read it but I did not enjoyed it. I don't know why...Maybe due to spoilers...But something even interesting or even more interesting with spoiler. I guess that was not the case for me
if not the manga than give the anime a chance, the power system and fights in general are pretty awesome, exspecially the chimera arc ending
Quote:
Oh c'mon. It had a good part where Madara owned those kages
yeah, that was awesome unfortunatly it was also one of the milestones for "we will fight with super-hugh chakra avatars"
Old 2015-07-04, 08:47   Link #66
necrolyte

Quote:
Who would you rather have leave their family to take care of this then? I believe the person would also need to be able to travel through different dimensions and have certain sensing abilities as well.
Yeah dude because there are no ninjas with sensing abilities in Naruto world who don't have family and btw I don't think the person should be able to travel through dimensions (only Kaguya and Obito were able to do that before).
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 11:31   Link #67
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
While I did compare him to a military father, he is obviously an extreme example. Not all military fathers have had their families murdered and experienced the genocide of their entire bloodlines and had to kill their own brother by their hand only to find out that he was more than he appeared to be. I feel like you guys often forget all that. These aren't real humans either, they are over-the-top characters. What Sasuke went through would cause extreme PTSD in a normal human. I think he's actually handling it quite well. And like Artful_Dodger mentioned, Sarada has clearly changed him, it's just a minor change, which it should be in his case.

Like I mentioned above, you're ignoring his traumatic experiences. There is no doubt that he still keeps his distance from loved ones because he's afraid of losing them like he did in the past. It's between the lines, but I think that Sakura understands that and that's why she loves him despite him keeping his distance.
Your saying he's trying to keep his distance because he's afraid of losing them; sounds like you are rather suggesting that he is actively trying to NOT love them so that he won't be hurt if he does lose them... though that would be even worst than loving them, but being very, very bad at showing it. Heck if he wanted to make sure not to lose them he would stay close to them where he could protect them. Staying away actually hurt his family and put them at more risk. Really i feel like you are trying to make excuses for sasuke's actions that just aren't supported by what Kishi showed or told us in this sidestory; relying more on speculation then what we actually see

Quote:
yea, you're right. Sasuke should obviously cheat on Sakura. I'm sure that would make readers like him more
I'd say its more of a commentary on Karin... I mean Ino was once obcessed with sasuke, but she managed to move on with her life. Karin not being able to get over sasuke and move on just makes her seem kind of pathetic. Granted not surprised seeing as she was still in love with the guy after he stabbed her in the chest... Ya i considered her a lost cause since back then; was hoping Sakura's character might still be salvaged though.

Quote:
If more ninjas were searching for this hidden enemy there would be no need for sasuke to be gone for years at a time. Heck Sasuke's search could actually be sped up by having the right kind of tracking ninjas helping him out. For instance, A skilled Hyuuga has 360 degree, telescopic, x-ray vision; they can literally see almost everything in within several miles of themselves. With a team member like that, Sasuke would be able to do a complete search of a suspicious area quickly and move on, thus greatly speeding up his search.

Quote:
Didn't give her any money for that house loan either
The money thing is another nitpick that bugs me. First, Sakura is the most skilled healer in the village if not the world; Money should NOT be a problem for her. Second, Ninja's are paid to go on missions; shouldn't sasuke be getting paid for his never ending mission and that money going to his family? What's really stupid about it all is that Sakura's financial troubles only make sasuke look like an even WORST husband/father... considering how that finaicial woes subplot did not need to exist, Its like kishi is TRYING to show us what a horrible family man sasuke is.
Old 2015-07-04, 11:39   Link #68
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
At the end of Shippuden I thought it made the most sense for Sasuke to travel the world having as much sex as possible (not that it was likely) if he wanted to restart the Uchiha clan.
That's just wrong in so many ways. Anyway, having children is far from reviving a clan. A clan is much more than some genetic material.

I thought the most realistic thing would be if he had some affair with Karin eventually, but in the end he stays with Sakura. Sakura is the type of faithful housewife on which you can build a family, while Karin is more like a crazy girlfriend type. And since Sasuke spent more than a decade traveling it would be reasonable that at some point Karin's obsession with Sasuke would succeed for a short while, that would result in a child. And since Sakura is the reliable type the child would end up with her. A hoped for some mystery that starts a longer story here, such as Karin has disappeared, and thus Sasuke left her their child to Sakura and went on the search for Karin. Imagine if this story continued, some funny moments where Sakura complains to Sasuke while Naruto is listening in All that while team 7 does a last mission to save Karin, going in some crazy dimensions and such. And then the story ends with Saskue actually staying with Sakura.

Quote:
I'm not sure why having a lot of kids wouldn't be his goal. I'm not sure if he really cares about the Uchiha clan after all. Naruto seems to care more based on what he did with Shin.
Apparently after that happened to him in his childhood he is unable to lead an ordinary life, he needs to get into action. But who would blame a ninja for wanting to do secret missions and fighting
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 13:53   Link #69
itachi-san314

Quote:
if not the manga than give the anime a chance, the power system and fights in general are pretty awesome, exspecially the chimera arc ending
Just my 2 cents but I have never read the HxH manga. I did however watch the new anime series and I really liked it. Especially anything involving the Phantom Troupe. Reminded me a lot of Akatsuki, which is one of if not my favorite part about the Naruto story as well. The Chimera arc was absurdly dragged out though. I think that's a pretty popular opinion. Well worth watching though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Really i feel like you are trying to make excuses for sasuke's actions that just aren't supported by what Kishi showed or told us in this sidestory; relying more on speculation then what we actually see
that's fair I suppose. Honestly, I see it in their expressions mostly. I prefer when a story doesn't spell everything out in ham-fisted dialogue.

Quote:
I'd say its more of a commentary on Karin...
Yea, she is pathetic. I didn't notice, because like you said, she's always been pathetic. The fact that Sakura actually did marry Sasuke gives her more credit in my book. She was similarly pathetic, but she did win

Quote:
That's just wrong in so many ways. Anyway, having children is far from reviving a clan. A clan is much more than some genetic material.
gotta start somewhere. there are lots of ninja who don't belong to villages or they are in crappy little ones. I'm not saying it would be the most morally sound decision to knock up a bunch of random girls and recruit a new village, but it would be the fastest way and Sasuke hasn't exactly been a very moral character... ever. plus, girls have been falling all over him since day 1. it actually would fit his character to have even more desperate chicks wanting to have his baby. 12 or so years passed after all.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 17:43   Link #70
LevelSeven

Quote:
Just my 2 cents but I have never read the HxH manga. I did however watch the new anime series and I really liked it.
great to see that others like this awesome piec of gold too
Quote:
Especially anything involving the Phantom Troupe. Reminded me a lot of Akatsuki, which is one of if not my favorite part about the Naruto story as well.
for me it was pretty much the opposite

Quote:
The Chimera arc was absurdly dragged out though. I think that's a pretty popular opinion. Well worth watching though.
i never thought the chimera arc dragged on... the story had a reasenable long timespan given the large scale operation of the ants,
+ it needed the chater in order to give meruem one of the best char developments i have seen in shounen
Old 2015-07-04, 18:39   Link #71
Artful_Dodger

Quote:
If more ninjas were searching for this hidden enemy there would be no need for sasuke to be gone for years at a time. Heck Sasuke's search could actually be sped up by having the right kind of tracking ninjas helping him out. For instance, A skilled Hyuuga has 360 degree, telescopic, x-ray vision; they can literally see almost everything in within several miles of themselves. With a team member like that, Sasuke would be able to do a complete search of a suspicious area quickly and move on, thus greatly speeding up his search.
Yeah, what you're saying makes sense, but I was assuming sage powers possessed by Naruto or Sasuke were needed(e.g. when Sasuke mentioned he needed his rinnegan to investigate other dimensions); and if they did indeed find something , its pretty likely that only they would be best suited to deal with a foe who might be stronger than Kaguya... That was the suspicion anyway.
Artful_Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 15:06   Link #72
kagato3

Quote:
Basically Sasuke stated that he believed the hidden enemy was hidden in a pocket dimension so that narrows the field on who could help, then throw in it had to be something Kaguya is wary of so anyone searching needs to be able to at least be able to escape from them to report back, So the field is narrowed even more. Given it is a top secret long term mission that also limits who can go and how many people can know about it so it doesn't panic people or tip off who they are looking for. Sasuke has a good cover given every thing that he's done it doesn't look too strange that he is off by himself. Also who is to say he is the only one looking. In a way this might explain why he is out of contact so much I doubt Ninrison has cell coverage in Pocket Dimension 616 or even places to charge his phone.

The impression I took is Sasuke is so worried about this taking his family away from him he is pushing himself to get it done which is causing him to at least alienate his daughter. I think he also has issues with public shows of affection, Ie he didn't kiss Sakura cause he was too embarrassed.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 12:47   Link #73
Man of Sin

Is anybody else bothered that there was no explainatation why Sakura was using that photo and why everyone acted like Sarada's birth was supposed to be a secret?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
In a way this might explain why he is out of contact so much I doubt Ninrison has cell coverage in Pocket Dimension 616 or even places to charge his phone.
Sasuke's Hawk summonings have shown to travel through that dimension, so there really wasn't anything stopping him from sending letters to his family. That and he can leave that dimension when ever he wants. He wasn't in that dimension in chapter 700.

Quote:
The impression I took is Sasuke is so worried about this taking his family away from him he is pushing himself to get it done which is causing him to at least alienate his daughter. I think he also has issues with public shows of affection, Ie he didn't kiss Sakura cause he was too embarrassed.
It's not a public thing. According to Sakura he constantly rejects her kisses.
Man of Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 20:54   Link #74
fuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
Is anybody else bothered that there was no explainatation why Sakura was using that photo and why everyone acted like Sarada's birth was supposed to be a secret?

Sasuke's Hawk summonings have shown to travel through that dimension, so there really wasn't anything stopping him from sending letters to his family. That and he can leave that dimension when ever he wants. He wasn't in that dimension in chapter 700.

i wonder where their wedding pics are?!!
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-11, 10:07   Link #75
Slayerx

Quote:
Yes. looking back on the story as a whole, its actually weakens the story. When it comes down to it, the only reason those things exisited was to set up a red herring and create extra melodrama where none should exist.

Sarada DID have a legitimate reason to question her father, but when you look back she didn't really have a reason to question her mother; the only reason she was suspsicous was because of contrived bits like what you mentioned. There was no reason for why Sakura did not own a picture of herself and Sasuke together. And when Sarada asked Shizune about Karin and her birth, Shizune had no reason to be secretive. Shizune could have easily told her "your mother was traveling with your father when you were born, so you were actually born outside of Konoha" and "Oh that woman was part of your father's old team; she actually helped deliver you."... Even Sarada's glasses were part of this contrived set up. And ofcourse we got the the obvious screw up with the DNA test; though that screw up atleast have SOME explanation (though one could ask why Karin was holding onto Sarada's umbilical cord instead of Sakura). All of it was just a very contrived way to add in more drama for the sake of the story... in the end, it all feels VERY forced.

I feel like the story would have been stronger if there WAS an explanation for everything and that it all was leading up to something... Like maybe Karin was really Sarada's mother, but she died. With Sasuke off on his own, Sakura decided to take in Sarada. However Sakura worried how Sarada might grow up with a dead mother and a missing father, so she attempted to give Sarada a "normal life" with the intention of telling her the truth when she was old enough... Something like that is atleast what i would have expected from the set up we got at the beginning of the story. Sarada would still learn the same lesson out of all this, though the set up would be different and Sakura would learn something aswell (namely that such lies, even with good intentions, are NOT good for a child's development; better to be upfront and honest with them no matter how hard the truth is)...

I also think the story would have also been better if they left out all the questions Sarada had about her mother, and simply had the story focus on her relationship with he estranged Father. Cut out the contrived red herring's and focus on the legit problems she should have with her parents.... So ya, either allow all that suspicious stuff in the beginning actually lead to something significant about Sarada's history, or just leave it out so we can focus on what she SHOULD be most worried about. Heck, thinking about, Sarada's legit problem was with sasuke, but the story actually ended up doing a better job exploring and dealing with her issues with her mother whom she shouldn't have had issues with in the first place... her issues with her father feel rather glossed over by comparison

Last edited by Slayerx; 2015-07-11 at 15:20.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-11, 14:58   Link #76
kagato3

Quote:
Well It might have been because she was born during a mission. We have no details on what the mission Sakura, Sasuke, and Kerin were on so when she was born so details about that may in fact be top secret and because she was born at Kerin's base there are no public records of her birth in the village and that is what is what got her worked up. So people didn't act like it was a secret exactly. All the medical ninjas couldn't answer because either they honestly don't know or can't talk about it do to the mission.

Quote:
First It's not clear if he has or has not been sending letters back home, they only mention that she has never talked to him in her memory and letters aren't a very close form of communication. Yes he can leave but it seems to majorly tier him out and my point was I believe he has become slightly obsessed with the safety of his family so he isn't going to stop or take a break until he is sure they are safe. I never said it was a good thing but it does make it seem that rather then being a straight up unfeeling jerk he does have his heart in the right place but his insurceities are making him do jerk like actions.

Quote:
Funny no where have I seen any translations that state or even imply this the closest ones are where she states the ambiguous " you're going to keep me waiting" or "he blew me off again". Neither make any indication if it is for all attempts or just public ones.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-11, 16:26   Link #77
fuff

Quote:
Yes. looking back on the story as a whole, its actually weakens the story. When it comes down to it, the only reason those things exisited was to set up a red herring and create extra melodrama where none should exist.

Sarada DID have a legitimate reason to question her father, but when you look back she didn't really have a reason to question her mother; the only reason she was suspsicous was because of contrived bits like what you mentioned. There was no reason for why Sakura did not own a picture of herself and Sasuke together. And when Sarada asked Shizune about Karin and her birth, Shizune had no reason to be secretive. Shizune could have easily told her "your mother was traveling with your father when you were born, so you were actually born outside of Konoha" and "Oh that woman was part of your father's old team; she actually helped deliver you."... Even Sarada's glasses were part of this contrived set up. And ofcourse we got the the obvious screw up with the DNA test; though that screw up atleast have SOME explanation (though one could ask why Karin was holding onto Sarada's umbilical cord instead of Sakura). All of it was just a very contrived way to add in more drama for the sake of the story... in the end, it all feels VERY forced.

I feel like the story would have been stronger if there WAS an explanation for everything and that it all was leading up to something... Like maybe Karin was really Sarada's mother, but she died. With Sasuke off on his own, Sakura decided to take in Sarada. However Sakura worried how Sarada might grow up with a dead mother and a missing father, so she attempted to give Sarada a "normal life" with the intention of telling her the truth when she was old enough... Something like that is atleast what i would have expected from the set up we got at the beginning of the story. Sarada would still learn the same lesson out of all this, though the set up would be different and Sakura would learn something aswell (namely that such lies, even with good intentions, are NOT good for a child's development; better to be upfront and honest with them no matter how hard the truth is)...

I also think the story would have also been better if they left out all the questions Sarada had about her mother, and simply had the story focus on her relationship with he estranged Father. Cut out the contrived red herring's and focus on the legit problems she should have with her parents.... So ya, either allow all that suspicious stuff in the beginning actually lead to something significant about Sarada's history, or just leave it out so we can focus on what she SHOULD be most worried about. Heck, thinking about, Sarada's legit problem was with sasuke, but the story actually ended up doing a better job exploring and dealing with her issues with her mother whom she shouldn't have had issues with in the first place... her issues with her father feel rather glossed over by comparison
i think karin being the mother would have been a bad story, pretty much would have made sasuke look like a jerk and you would feel superbad for sakura cause sasuke didnt care

edit:

the reasons all those questioning the mother and secerts were added was to create drama! and it worked because i looked forward to the chapter each week! now all we need is a sasusaku movie!

Last edited by fuff; 2015-07-11 at 16:55.
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-13, 19:19   Link #78
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just read the chapter seems a setup for the new movie. Faulty machines and Karin delivering Sarada that's answers a lot.
Old 2015-07-15, 13:37   Link #79
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
i think karin being the mother would have been a bad story, pretty much would have made sasuke look like a jerk and you would feel superbad for sakura cause sasuke didnt care
The problem is, Sasuke looks like a jerk regardless. He went 10-12 years without a visit home, or even any real contact with his family, despite being in sufficiently regular contact with Naruto for Naruto and Shikamaru to comment on his preference for using hawks to deliver letters instead of calling on his phone.

Not one visit, even when his mission is essentially self appointed, as he searches for something that may have ceased to exist a long time ago. His mission is basically a ninja archeology mission more than it is a scouting mission. There's no reason he couldn't stop by the viilage for a week or two at least once a year. If he has a standardized meeting point with Naruto that close to the village, there's no reason he couldn't just come into the village, meet Naruto there, and visit his family for a day.

The only reason that Sasuke even met his daughter this time, is she basically reached the breaking point, and ran away from home in an attempt to find out why her family was so screwed up compared to everyone else she knew.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 08:57   Link #80
ayanami0000
Banned

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
The problem is, Sasuke looks like a jerk regardless. He went 10-12 years without a visit home, or even any real contact with his family, despite being in sufficiently regular contact with Naruto for Naruto and Shikamaru to comment on his preference for using hawks to deliver letters instead of calling on his phone.

Not one visit, even when his mission is essentially self appointed, as he searches for something that may have ceased to exist a long time ago. His mission is basically a ninja archeology mission more than it is a scouting mission. There's no reason he couldn't stop by the viilage for a week or two at least once a year. If he has a standardized meeting point with Naruto that close to the village, there's no reason he couldn't just come into the village, meet Naruto there, and visit his family for a day.

The only reason that Sasuke even met his daughter this time, is she basically reached the breaking point, and ran away from home in an attempt to find out why her family was so screwed up compared to everyone else she knew.
It's Kishi's doing. Well maybe he just put that twist, then waited for reactions."
ayanami0000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion