AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-07-13, 02:42   Link #21
kuudererules

BD/DVD Store-exclusive posters for "Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e"
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by LKK; 2017-07-13 at 11:18. Reason: added nsfw tag
kuudererules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-13, 08:49   Link #22
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm curious where this'll go. There are a lot of complexities to financial inequality and the difficulties of getting out of it. Even if the people in class D are able to wake up and change their behaviors, with little to no money they're going to have a hard time managing to perform to their fullest. There are a lot of complexities to inequality and it'd be interesting to see them examined here, along with how surprisingly difficult it is for those exceptionally low on the ladder to climb out. Examination could even be given to problems that can and do exist with popular suggested techniques to help the impoverished.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-13, 10:15   Link #23
grecefar

I wonder if you can loan points to another classmate... prefect approach for kushina to the protagonist if she's in red numbers.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-13, 10:55   Link #24
SidVicious
Anime addict

Just one episode and I'm hooked.
Old 2017-07-13, 12:39   Link #25
Ghostfriendly

Female character body shape is a bit strange. I think the sadistic pleasure of the twist is that you can really see it coming, I was expecting the whole class to get penalised into debt, with associated punishments. It was a surprise that the classes' allowance seems to depend on their performance as a whole; collective punishment is an effective motivator, though less good for loyalty or individual talent.

This may be a spoiler, but is class D worse off than the other classes because only they don't get warned about the penalties? Where's Koro-Sensei when you need him?
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-13, 12:45   Link #26
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Female character body shape is a bit strange. I think the sadistic pleasure of the twist is that you can really see it coming, I was expecting the whole class to get penalised into debt, with associated punishments. It was a surprise that the classes' allowance seems to depend on their performance as a whole; collective punishment is an effective motivator, though less good for loyalty or individual talent.

This may be a spoiler, but is class D worse off than the other classes because only they don't get warned about the penalties? Where's Koro-Sensei when you need him?
Haven't read so I can't say if the others were "warned", but at the very least it seems that D is a rather "special" group. The upperclassmen were laughing at that guy from D and telling him his "hell" was going to begin soon, which suggests to me that for one reason or another D always gets little to nothing; maybe, like with Class E from Assassination Classroom, it's a class dedicated to people who either suffer from severe behavior problems or have other performance issues that make them "unworthy". And putting them all together in one class guarantees that their individual demerits will accumulate quickly.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-13, 13:16   Link #27
Magewolf

Hate the MC voice, sounds like someone reading a grocery list while stoned.

How does the "twist" even work? How do you keep people from at least telling their friends and relatives about it at which point everyone knows in short order or having at least one decent person involved who goes to the media to complain about this incredibly stupid and counterproductive teaching system?

Also was the bus scene supposed to show that all the students were awful people so whatever torture this "school" runs them through is alright?
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-13, 14:23   Link #28
Tenzen12

Neither protagonist nor heroine really get me interested. Settings of school seems pretty interesting and friendly girl smell like fraud. Well I will give it chance, but characters are weak link here.
Old 2017-07-13, 14:37   Link #29
Jaden

Not bad, you have to be at least this original to put out a school drama these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
How does the "twist" even work? How do you keep people from at least telling their friends and relatives about it at which point everyone knows in short order or having at least one decent person involved who goes to the media to complain about this incredibly stupid and counterproductive teaching system?
It is an isolated place, and they could be made to sign NDAs or whatever. But it is still rather unrealistic that nobody finds out about the system. That kind of thing would definitely get out.
Old 2017-07-13, 21:07   Link #30
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Not gonna lie, but the MC sounds boring as hell. I mean, I get it, he's supposed to be the disinterested guy, but the way he talks just makes me want to sleep.

The pilot isn't very strong TBH, but I can feel it's just a setup episode. Even the "you only get points depending on your performance" is just eh as a hook, and you saw it coming a mile away. The real conflict is still on the horizon, so even though I'm not really feeling it right now, it still has the potential to be awesome later on.

I mean, I felt the same with last cour's Sagrada Reset, of which only caught my eye starting the third episode, and only really loved it till the 9th. I'm really hoping this will be the same.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 01:04   Link #31
moridin84
Custom User Title

The MC's current balance is 82000. So either he spent 18,000 points and points are awarded on a class performance basis, or he spent more but wasn't awarded the full 100,000 points.

It looks like blondie and love interest #1 were both aware. I'm not sure whether or not Mr. Let's Introduce Ourselves was aware or not. The MC of course just guessed it was something like that since, obviously.

It seems like most of the students in the class are deadbeats so there was nobody to tell them how things "really worked". I imagine a lot of the other students would have known in advance.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 10:04   Link #32
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
The MC's current balance is 82000. So either he spent 18,000 points and points are awarded on a class performance basis, or he spent more but wasn't awarded the full 100,000 points.

It looks like blondie and love interest #1 were both aware. I'm not sure whether or not Mr. Let's Introduce Ourselves was aware or not. The MC of course just guessed it was something like that since, obviously.

It seems like most of the students in the class are deadbeats so there was nobody to tell them how things "really worked". I imagine a lot of the other students would have known in advance.
You can see that she gets a surprised look on her face at the end of the episode just like the rest of the class so yeah, ms "let's befriend everyone" is probably very much in the red like the rest of class d.
Old 2017-07-15, 10:12   Link #33
SeaDoor

Oddly, the MC's dead voice works for me in this setting. I liked the first episode but have an uneasy feeling that this could develop into a Battle Royale-like plot which is usually something I avoid.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 10:27   Link #34
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
Oddly, the MC's dead voice works for me in this setting.
same

So far one of the more intriguing series of the season.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 10:29   Link #35
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I want 8-Man here to teach those brats how to behave.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 13:11   Link #36
Dragon_Slayer_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
You can see that she gets a surprised look on her face at the end of the episode just like the rest of the class so yeah, ms "let's befriend everyone" is probably very much in the red like the rest of class d.
She probably still has 54k+

Someone translated part of the current balance of the students (shown during the ending probably)

Ayanokouji, Kiyotaka(MC) 82235
Horikita, Suzune(main heroine) 91887
Kushida, Kikyou(oppai girl) 54705
Sudou, Ken 3115
Ike, Kanji 42
Yamauchi, Haruki 28
Hirata, Yousuke(class leader) 21170
Kouenji, Rokusuke 6284
Karuizawa, Kei 2389
Satou, Maya 6850
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 18:04   Link #37
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Slayer_X View Post
She probably still has 54k+

Someone translated part of the current balance of the students (shown during the ending probably)

Ayanokouji, Kiyotaka(MC) 82235
Horikita, Suzune(main heroine) 91887
Kushida, Kikyou(oppai girl) 54705
Sudou, Ken 3115
Ike, Kanji 42
Yamauchi, Haruki 28
Hirata, Yousuke(class leader) 21170
Kouenji, Rokusuke 6284
Karuizawa, Kei 2389
Satou, Maya 6850
Oh that's cool. I noticed the "point balance" in the ending credits and figured it was precisely that but didn't bother to check. Anyway that furthers my suspicions about oppai girl. Her keeping so much points after one month smells like she either suspected what was going on or was already using her general friendliness to get stuff for free. At least those are my suspicions on her character.
Old 2017-07-15, 18:14   Link #38
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I want 8-Man here to teach those brats how to behave.
You put too much credit.
8man is not best educator him only trying to solve problem by messing up himself.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 19:00   Link #39
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
You put too much credit.
8man is not best educator him only trying to solve problem by messing up himself.
the class would totally get its points though.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 21:50   Link #40
drawr

I had to look up the guy voicing the main character because his voice is awful. That aside the opening episode was an interesting one. These japanese elite schools get more ridiculous every iteration
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem