AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-11-13, 00:51   Link #41
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 6:

laughing so hard at drunk Bocchi from the future.

lucky for her, looks like she encountered a veteran performer who is also a nice person.

Bocchi little sis somehow reminds me of Kao from Akebi no Seifuku.

as usual, looking forward to next week!
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-13, 01:31   Link #42
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I love how in the anime they actually show real world gear. I mean who would bother drawing all the knobs and jacks on a cube street or the unique design of the THR series.
Others shows usually just highlight the instruments, but rarely the PA-system or amps. Most of the time they just place squarebox with a brand name plastered on it.
I just double checked the source material, those amps were never shown in the manga, at least not in that/this chapter. So proper credits to CloverWorks staff, for bothering to actually researching equipment and gear...I wonder if the show is gets money from some companies for product placement...
I read somether that a bunch of large musical brands are amng the sponsiors but not sure how reliable it is.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-19, 17:37   Link #43
grecefar

friends visit, quite the event in the gotoh house. Bocchi turning to dust and cursing them was hilarious. I can't believe ryo missed this, I think is the one who looking foward to it the most since she knows how funny bocchi can be.

I hate that the typhoon hit, bocchi was really looking foward to the gig, come on this needs a happy ending.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-20, 07:47   Link #44
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Been watching this since ep 3. Normally, 'girl band"-type anime has historically not interested me, but an article about it on ANN made me check it out. And I was surprisingly pleased... in a way. Really, what interests me is Bocchi and her struggles; if not for her introverted personality, this would have been a skip for me most likely. Not that its bad, just that it doesn't usually compel me to wonder what's next. And that is a bit demotivating for me.

I don't think I remembered her name until ep 6 . That was a pretty nice episode, with her growing as a person and getting new experiences. You could say that was her first live performance in front of people, and I'm glad that she got a positive experience from it =03. Unfortunately, her next experience was put on hold by the end of ep 7. Even though they could just reschedule it, I could see this putting her back into a negative mindset. Hopefully, that won't be the case with a bit of cheering up from the other band members.

Last edited by frubam; 2022-11-21 at 02:27.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-21, 15:37   Link #45
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 7:

another amazing episode.

Nijika is from a friend rental service? Laughing so hard at that.

Bocchi show her true power.. the cursed ash.

looking forward to next week.
Old 2022-11-24, 11:05   Link #46
zztop

Bocchi "the Rock":
https://twitter.com/Subakeye/status/1595627055932411904
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-26, 08:37   Link #47
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Ok... catching up on this. It's pretty dang clever all the way around. It's smartly written and the way they are unafraid to deploy all sorts of animation techniques from hand drawn to computer animated to live action to... wait... was that stop motion clay sculptures?! is all pretty darn great.

Big shoutout to the "Guitar, Loneliness and Blue Planet" sequence. Good song. Lyrics clearly written by Bocchi. And just good subtle and not so subtle animation tricks to make it a awesomely dynamic performance!
Old 2022-11-26, 13:31   Link #48
Dop
Mmmm....

Spoiler for Episode 8:

Excellent episode. Kessaku band are really coming together.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-26, 13:59   Link #49
Sides

Love how they actually bothered to animated and performed the two out of three songs at the animated gig. Usually one would expect directors/producers to cut short the first performance, has long as it just shows what they need to show, i.e. anxiety, timing issues etc. The way that they have them play out the first song, actually gives the show a more realistic edge.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-26, 14:49   Link #50
ryllharu

I'm glad Nijika figured out that Bocchi is guitarhero and asked her about it, even complimenting her on helping them for so long.

But I was also happy that they left it unsaid about Bocchi wanting to be in a band to make friends. Whether she realized it or not, Bocchi already achieved her original goal. Now she's just paying back the dreams of the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Love how they actually bothered to animated and performed the two out of three songs at the animated gig. Usually one would expect directors/producers to cut short the first performance, has long as it just shows what they need to show, i.e. anxiety, timing issues etc. The way that they have them play out the first song, actually gives the show a more realistic edge.
This show consistently has much more music than the overwhelming majority of "music" centric anime.

At least outside of the idol cultivation sub-genre.

It's not even the big showpieces like this episode or episode 5. It's from the very start with Bocchi's little cheer-up songs in the closet or at the bar trying to memorize the drink layout. The immaculate detail of the equipment, etc.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-26, 17:03   Link #51
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

She said it! She said the thing!
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-26, 17:21   Link #52
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
This show consistently has much more music than the overwhelming majority of "music" centric anime.
Between Bocchi and Healer Girl, it's been a really good year for that.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-27, 01:30   Link #53
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 8:

laughing so hard at "I got tired".

10 audience is not bad. All 10 were pleased, they will come back and might even bring friends.

Nijika dream is a nice dream.

Bocchi can fill up Starry easily, if she tell her fans online that she perform there. Just have to get more confidence.

looking forward to next week!
Old 2022-11-27, 06:51   Link #54
ryllharu

What impressed me the most is the bad version of their first song. Even if you're not particularly musically inclined, you can tell they're not playing in sync, Kita is going too fast, Nijika going to slow, and there's just something off about it all, even before Bocchi brings it up.

It takes skill to perform a song deliberately bad.
Old 2022-11-27, 10:36   Link #55
grecefar

Bocchi the rock!!

What a great chapter, I think I repeated the scene of bocchi starting the second song like 10 times. Bocchi fans were pay off and the others that were there too.

The guitarhero secret is out and I'm glad that nijika is counting on her, bocchi talent will make nijika dreams come true like she made bocchi dreams come true too. I would love bocchi to bring up the culture festival or kita bring it up to play there. That's another dream of bocchi and put her on the map in her school.
Old 2022-11-27, 15:50   Link #56
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Ep 8 was wonderful =03! Pretty much what everyone said already. The way Bocchi was so notably stiff in the first song made her motion and rhythm during the second song all the more distinguishable. That moment she just started shredding to begin the 2nd song was so f'king cool, it just blew my mind. I was completely focused on Bocchi's movements; the way she looked like she was 'zoning out' and letting the rhythm carry her was so mesmerizing, I could not take my eyes off of her. The animators did an exceptional job with the motions there. Its moments like that I live for when watching introverted characters like Bocchi, and it paid in spades this ep.

Random note: I expected her to end up in the back and be right next to the salarymen while drinking some milk or something. It still had impact due to her delusions, but I thought her hyper-focus onto that reality across the room was pretty amusing .

And Nijika said it! She...
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
She said it! She said the thing!

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-03, 18:19   Link #57
grecefar

This was a sad chapter for me.

It was sad that they didn't pay attetion, were too busy to invite her at least once knowing how bocchi is. I know they don't have too but it was pretty sad and that last outing in the last day it felt like they were forcing themself to do it and was for pity, like they didn't want to...

Kita tried and at least she knows now and made plans for winter vacation but first is the festival, I hope the best for bocchi.
Old 2022-12-04, 01:05   Link #58
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 9:

some bonding attempt, the team finally goes out with Bocchi in tow.

as expected, it's tough for her, thank goodness the flattened food is delicious. lol

Kita feels like a genuinely nice person on this episode.

and I was annoyed at Ryo trying to pilfer money from Bocchi.

it's nice the trip ended well. Looks like they might be joining as a band at the school fest?

looking forward to next week.
Old 2022-12-10, 18:12   Link #59
grecefar

Everything was shaping in a good way, ryo suggesting bocchi to do a solo so bocchi can shine and there is kita who submitted the application for them to play in the culture festival.

I thought at the beginning kita was going to do it anyway because she would want to do it but it was for bocchi sake, I'm loving kita more and more.
Old 2022-12-11, 05:16   Link #60
ryllharu

Hiroi is a really good mentor for Bocchi. She's had her own failures and struggles, and also overcome most of them except the alcohol dependency.

You could tell even from her first appearance that she actually understood what Bocchi was going through and wasn't just the token drunk character who occasionally spouts wisdom in a somber way. She instantly recognized the way Bocchi was acting, and gently nudges her over the bumps.

The rest of Kessoku Band is similar. They understand Bocchi needs to overcome it on her own, but also aren't afraid of pushing her when she starts to backslide like with the performance sign-up sheet.

My favorite joke this episode was Ryou's side gaze away and the cat ears appearing on her too. It's simple and expected, but for some reason cracked me up the most.

As usual, this series spoiling us with an actual musical performance instead of a hard cut to explaining how good SICK HACK's set was. It's so refreshing, I have to mention it every time.