AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-04-24, 19:38   Link #3721
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
There has actually been a lot of progress lately on the EP6 translation, but in bits and pieces that makes it hard to get a solid percentage number. We'll probably have one out when we release the new EP1-4 patch, which has unfortunately been delaying us some. However, we are working on the EP6 patch as I'm writing this, so that is no longer being put on hold for the EP1-4 patch (we have different people working each now).
That sounds awesome Chrono, thanks for bringing us this good news
Please give the progress percentage a boost all the way to double-digits XD

Last edited by Nadeor; 2010-04-25 at 15:55.
Nadeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 09:33   Link #3722
Xplosivv

Double digits? You think too low.

We want to see triple digits!

Kidding, obviously. Everything > 6 is good in my book.
Xplosivv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 14:53   Link #3723
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

Thank you for working so hard on it~!
I'm sure you will do an awesome job as always ^^V
Dlanor A. Knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 14:49   Link #3724
Rei-Tenshi

Not really complaining, but I don't really see the point in doing a patch for EP1-4 right now, instead of devoting all manpower for the EP6 patch. I mean, why not wait for the entire series to finish before fixing the old stuff that will probably just get revised over and over whenever a new Episode with new info is released.

I mean, you fixed stuff for EP1 when EP5 got released with new info, now you're fixing them again upon EP6's release. Why not just wait for the entire thing to finish and THEN fix everything once all the info is there. IMO, a lot of people will be way happier with an earlier EP6 release, instead of it getting delayed for an unnecessary patch at the moment.
Rei-Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 14:53   Link #3725
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei-Tenshi View Post
Not really complaining, but I don't really see the point in doing a patch for EP1-4 right now, instead of devoting all manpower for the EP6 patch. I mean, why not wait for the entire series to finish before fixing the old stuff that will probably just get revised over and over whenever a new Episode with new info is released.

I mean, you fixed stuff for EP1 when EP5 got released with new info, now you're fixing them again upon EP6's release. Why not just wait for the entire thing to finish and THEN fix everything once all the info is there. IMO, a lot of people will be way happier with an earlier EP6 release, instead of it getting delayed for an unnecessary patch at the moment.
I concur...

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 14:59   Link #3726
Racheya-sama
Witch of Ambition

Send a message via MSN to Racheya-sama
But the problem is if they delay it until the end of Ep 6's release... who's to say that won't be delayed until the end of Ep 7's release? I just trust in their judgement of what's best for us readers, so if they think it's worth doing now, then it probably is.

Am I the only one that thinks saying
'Red only tells the truth', to prove that it does, is a bit redundant?

I am Racheya-Beatrice, the Emerald Witch of Ambition
Racheya-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 15:13   Link #3727
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I will be blunt: I'm more surprised that people can jump on conclusions like "working on ep1-4 = delay on ep6 without fail" kind of reasoning.
Multitask isn't exactly a problem by itself.

Furthermore, I must point out that Chrono already answered the issue at hand: Episode 6 isn't put on hold right now, and we don't plan to do that anyway.
That being said, the whole manpower thing is moot when having a whole army on the same task won't make stuff any faster (at some points, you can actually notice some projects can go extremely slowly because the way how some persons work can be way too different to other staff's style... see Clannad translation project during its middle run 1-2 year ago).
I can remember that our project wasn't going that smoothly when we had a mixed pool of people on the same thing.

Furthermore, by experience, we also know that delaying previous planned correction and the likes always bite on our behind when it is unexpected.
Piling up the tasks for another day just makes the whole thing a pain to deal with when successive corrections are required. This happened for the first Episode 1 correction patch when Episode 3 was ongoing, and things were much less bitter when we did it while translating Episode 4.

By the way, while I did mention ep1-4 was a priority, I never stated that we are putting more manpower or importance to it, in contrast to episode 6. To the contrary in fact (and please remember that it isn't even a complete overhaul).
Tunnel vision on one thing alone won't make things any faster, and I daresay that considering our situation (in staff), it wouldn't make any significant change for episode 6 release. In fact, it is basically done.

Again, we are aware that people want everything ASAP. That being said, I believe we were clear on that matter: our objective is to serve Umineko in english, as the most accurate and quickest as possible, which means the whole franchise at hand.
I hope it isn't a huge deal to ask all of you to trust us on that subject: we are -not- delaying the release in favor for something else.
Old 2010-04-26, 16:13   Link #3728
zorahk

Just curious, for example's sake and to calm everyone down who is whining about "OMG PATCH FOR 1-4 DELAYS 6 LOLOL", what are some of the things you will be changing in 1-4?

I just want to know whether I should go reread or not.
zorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 17:13   Link #3729
Number1-Syaoran-Fan
Your's In Gold, Beatrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I will be blunt: I'm more surprised that people can jump on conclusions like "working on ep1-4 = delay on ep6 without fail" kind of reasoning.
Multitask isn't exactly a problem by itself.

Furthermore, I must point out that Chrono already answered the issue at hand: Episode 6 isn't put on hold right now, and we don't plan to do that anyway.
That being said, the whole manpower thing is moot when having a whole army on the same task won't make stuff any faster (at some points, you can actually notice some projects can go extremely slowly because the way how some persons work can be way too different to other staff's style... see Clannad translation project during its middle run 1-2 year ago).
I can remember that our project wasn't going that smoothly when we had a mixed pool of people on the same thing.

Furthermore, by experience, we also know that delaying previous planned correction and the likes always bite on our behind when it is unexpected.
Piling up the tasks for another day just makes the whole thing a pain to deal with when successive corrections are required. This happened for the first Episode 1 correction patch when Episode 3 was ongoing, and things were much less bitter when we did it while translating Episode 4.

By the way, while I did mention ep1-4 was a priority, I never stated that we are putting more manpower or importance to it, in contrast to episode 6. To the contrary in fact (and please remember that it isn't even a complete overhaul).
Tunnel vision on one thing alone won't make things any faster, and I daresay that considering our situation (in staff), it wouldn't make any significant change for episode 6 release. In fact, it is basically done.

Again, we are aware that people want everything ASAP. That being said, I believe we were clear on that matter: our objective is to serve Umineko in english, as the most accurate and quickest as possible, which means the whole franchise at hand.
I hope it isn't a huge deal to ask all of you to trust us on that subject: we are -not- delaying the release in favor for something else.
I think it's a great idea to keep the old EPs as current as possible! It causes less confusion for sure. And I was wondering what you were talking about when you said it's "basically done?" Did you mean the revised 1-4 or 6?

"I... I really like your bow."
Number1-Syaoran-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 18:24   Link #3730
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorahk View Post
Just curious, for example's sake and to calm everyone down who is whining about "OMG PATCH FOR 1-4 DELAYS 6 LOLOL", what are some of the things you will be changing in 1-4?

I just want to know whether I should go reread or not.
Unfortunately, fixing EP1 and EP2 up to our EP5/6 standards will take me several months personally, and I only spent a couple weeks on this update.

However, the translation at several key points has been updated to make certain hints more clear. Most of the tips for EP1-2 will be updated, mostly for readability, but with a few important details in the Ura tips that weren't clear until the core arcs. Also, the first part of the prologue has been vastly improved.

To put it simply, I wouldn't read it all just to catch the changes in the translation, but it is recommended that you re-read the question arcs after reading EP5 or EP6. There are dozens of points and secrets that only make sense after you've made a good guess at parts of the answer, and some of these are almost certainly needed to fully understand the game. The purpose of this update is to make that re-read go a little more smoothly for everyone who wants it.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 10:13   Link #3731
LaplaceNoMa

I remember saying this back in December before the release of ep5 translation, but I'll say that once again:

Most people here (including me) have a strange problem of relying on the 'progress page'. It is incredibly difficuilt to see the same number for several months, no matter how much Chronotrig and Klashikari say that 'in reality it's way above 6%'. I'm not trying to say that what you do is wrong. I'm just saying that even if you change this number to, let's say, 10%, A LOT of people would feel greatly relieved. I can understand that it's hard determining the real amount of progress in percents, but well, I guess you all can see that it's at least above 10%? Well then, you are really underestimating the easy action of updating the progress page from 6% to 10%. It's way more productive for us readers than you might even imagine.
LaplaceNoMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 11:14   Link #3732
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
I remember saying this back in December before the release of ep5 translation, but I'll say that once again:

Most people here (including me) have a strange problem of relying on the 'progress page'. It is incredibly difficuilt to see the same number for several months, no matter how much Chronotrig and Klashikari say that 'in reality it's way above 6%'. I'm not trying to say that what you do is wrong. I'm just saying that even if you change this number to, let's say, 10%, A LOT of people would feel greatly relieved. I can understand that it's hard determining the real amount of progress in percents, but well, I guess you all can see that it's at least above 10%? Well then, you are really underestimating the easy action of updating the progress page from 6% to 10%. It's way more productive for us readers than you might even imagine.
Changing the number won't make the progress go any faster, as we've said over and over in the past. If you won't trust us when we say it's well above 6%, then I don't see why you should trust us when we pick a random number and post it on the page. As has been mentioned, the delay in EP6 is due to our members being busy with life lately, something completely beyond our control (obviously, this is bound to happen sooner or later for a group that's been working for almost two years straight). It also makes percentages even more useless, since a person can accomplish infinitely more in a day than in a week where they're busy with something else.

As I've said previously, we'll update our percentage once we finish the new EP1-4 patch, which should be done in a little over a week now.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 12:38   Link #3733
D3monicWolv3s

I keep having problems with episode 5, I get to

Spoiler for episode 5:

Then the program closes out at that point. = /
Old 2010-05-03, 13:17   Link #3734
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3monicWolv3s View Post
I keep having problems with episode 5, I get to

Spoiler for episode 5:

Then the program closes out at that point. = /
I don't know what could be causing the problem, but IIRC that is the last line of the main story, so you could just go straight to the tea party to get around the error.

EDIT: Well, I guess you'd need a way to unlock the tea party if the game doesn't get that far. You can do it from the menu if you have Episode 6, but if you just have 5 then you need a copy of whatever file stores that information...

Last edited by LyricalAura; 2010-05-03 at 13:28.
LyricalAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 02:21   Link #3735
D3monicWolv3s

Thanks for help guys, and thanks for telling me that was the last line, I had episode 6 and went ahead and read the tea parties. = )
Old 2010-05-04, 14:03   Link #3736
KnightOfTwo

For the past few weeks or so I have checked around twice a day on the site for a change in the progress percentage (yes I have that little of a personal life). Now I come here and am completely relieved knowing that it isn't so much a matter of it being stalled. I can live with a few more months of being without the EP 6 patch (as I am currently rereading 1-4 anyway) and will hope for, though not expect, the patch around the release of EP 7. I have complete and utter faith in you guys working on the project and so I shall wait patiently. *goes back to reading EP 2*
KnightOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 15:13   Link #3737
ghost_zero5

Btw. when is Ep7 actually going to be released?
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 15:51   Link #3738
ameskitty
Kupo

I would guess August 14th, the second day of the upcoming Comiket, if things go as generally patterned, but I wouldn't take that as an absolute date until we get an official announcement.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 15:54   Link #3739
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
I would guess August 14th, the second day of the upcoming Comiket, if things go as generally patterned, but I wouldn't take that as an absolute date until we get an official announcement.
If Ryukishi can write EP 6 between August and December then I'm sure he can finish EP 7 with twice that time
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 15:55   Link #3740
~Ayane~

Comiket is so early this time?
btw why not take it as granted? was there a single comiket in the past few years on which Ryukishi didnt release something ? he even did whole big episode six in the span od 4 months even though all the troubles he had ...
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation