AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-11-04, 14:59   Link #5241
tuckersister

Would be cool if there was a Deadshot-like character in RWBY. A good guy but a complete dick most of the time.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-04, 15:15   Link #5242
bakato

We get more info on Semblance this week. So it can evolve too.
Old 2017-11-04, 23:46   Link #5243
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Speaking of Semblances I just realized the sad irony of the Branwen sibling's:

Qrow's Semblance is to bring bad luck to those around him, but he makes a goddamned effort to be there for his family. Raven has the ability to create portals to people she has a bond with practically instantly, but she chooses to stay as far away as possible. It's sad in a strangely poetic way.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-05, 18:34   Link #5244
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Speaking of Semblances I just realized the sad irony of the Branwen sibling's:

Qrow's Semblance is to bring bad luck to those around him, but he makes a goddamned effort to be there for his family. Raven has the ability to create portals to people she has a bond with practically instantly, but she chooses to stay as far away as possible. It's sad in a strangely poetic way.
Ironic or tragic? Maybe a bit of both? I wonder if Raven has the ability to cut those bonds or if they are permanent once made.

Spoiler for Ep 4:
Old 2017-11-05, 20:11   Link #5245
HandofFate

episode 03
man, Weiss sure is getting stepped on a lot. Hope she starts kicking ass hard this season
Old 2017-11-06, 05:14   Link #5246
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Old 2017-11-06, 10:36   Link #5247
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

What already?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-07, 11:25   Link #5248
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Volume 5 Ep 4
Ruby and Oscar train in hand to hand combat.
Freezerburn shiptease!
And we might learn why Raven has an animosity with Ozpin.
Old 2017-11-07, 22:35   Link #5249
Raviel

Wow, Oscar of all people can actually give Ruby some trouble in unarmed combat.

I know Ozpin and Yang said she was pretty bad at it, I just never realized it was THAT bad.

On another note, for all her talk of strength and survival, Raven seems to be more afraid than anything. She's fighting so hard just to stay away from anything to do with Salem.

I guess like Qrow, Raven has first hand experience of what Salem is capable of and that probably ties into her animosity with Ozpin. Hopefully we'll get the details of that soon.

I get the distinct feeling Ozpin has nasty habit of understating things.

P.S. Pretty sure that short haired girl in Raven's camp is the spring maiden, probably stays away from anything Salem-related for the same reasons Raven does.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-07, 23:31   Link #5250
Tenzen12

Well Ruby is huge noob without scythe. Last time she got owned by random mook, without even giving trouble. If Oscar can give fight that would mean he is even weaker than that
Old 2017-11-08, 00:00   Link #5251
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Wow, Oscar of all people can actually give Ruby some trouble in unarmed combat.

I know Ozpin and Yang said she was pretty bad at it, I just never realized it was THAT bad.

On another note, for all her talk of strength and survival, Raven seems to be more afraid than anything. She's fighting so hard just to stay away from anything to do with Salem.

I guess like Qrow, Raven has first hand experience of what Salem is capable of and that probably ties into her animosity with Ozpin. Hopefully we'll get the details of that soon.

I get the distinct feeling Ozpin has nasty habit of understating things.

P.S. Pretty sure that short haired girl in Raven's camp is the spring maiden, probably stays away from anything Salem-related for the same reasons Raven does.
Well, we don't know that Raven is necessarily not getting involved because she fears Salem.

She says that Ozpin's not who Yang thinks he is, and that Qrow shouldn't trust him, so it seems that it's actually more like she knows about either an agenda Ozpin has that he's not mentioning to the girls, or crimes he's committed in the past -- either way, she's not confident that he actually has people's best interests at heart, and possibly not even confident that he's the lesser of two evils.

I'd guess that Spring agrees with her. Maybe even Lionheart as well.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-08, 08:52   Link #5252
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Old 2017-11-08, 10:05   Link #5253
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It just doesn't stop.

Not a complaint, just an observation.
Old 2017-11-08, 11:01   Link #5254
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh boy... I waited for whole year (Season4-Season5) just for this moment!! And we might get more soon

Raven : and why do you think I should help you?
Yang : because we are family

lol... I must say I really love when Yang fight.. everything is smooth unlike "shooting magic" style from Weiss or super fast move from Ruby

Yang and Weiss reunion is a scene that I might repeat several times this week
yeah.. we missed both of you so much
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-08, 12:46   Link #5255
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
It just doesn't stop.

There is quite an explosion of this scene's fanart since it aired.
Old 2017-11-08, 17:45   Link #5256
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
It just doesn't stop.

Should I quote Seņor Ben Chang now?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-09, 06:58   Link #5257
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That man has said a lot of things. Idk what you're refering to. XD
Old 2017-11-09, 09:42   Link #5258
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
Well, we don't know that Raven is necessarily not getting involved because she fears Salem.

She says that Ozpin's not who Yang thinks he is, and that Qrow shouldn't trust him, so it seems that it's actually more like she knows about either an agenda Ozpin has that he's not mentioning to the girls, or crimes he's committed in the past -- either way, she's not confident that he actually has people's best interests at heart, and possibly not even confident that he's the lesser of two evils.

I'd guess that Spring agrees with her. Maybe even Lionheart as well.
Even if there's a possibility that Raven is telling the truth about Ozpin, that doesn't automatically mean that Raven should think that she'll appear more trustworthy/appealing to Yang than she should be. It kind of got aggravating (and not helping her case) how Raven keeps trying to prolong/stall the conversation to 'convince' Yang about joining the group, especially when (if she knew her daughter as much as she claims) that she and the group hasn't really left a very good impression on Yang (and kidnapping Weiss really didn't help. I would've thought that Raven knew that Weiss and Yang were friends).
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-09, 12:20   Link #5259
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
Even if there's a possibility that Raven is telling the truth about Ozpin, that doesn't automatically mean that Raven should think that she'll appear more trustworthy/appealing to Yang than she should be. It kind of got aggravating (and not helping her case) how Raven keeps trying to prolong/stall the conversation to 'convince' Yang about joining the group, especially when (if she knew her daughter as much as she claims) that she and the group hasn't really left a very good impression on Yang (and kidnapping Weiss really didn't help. I would've thought that Raven knew that Weiss and Yang were friends).
I think Raven is telling the truth about Ozpin, at least as far as she perceives it, and probably genuinely does think that him getting his hands on Spring would be a bad thing. That said, Qrow almost certainly also knows what Raven knows, and he clearly does trust Ozpin.

As far as trying to prolong the conversation goes, I think Raven was genuinely surprised that Yang wasn't there to reconnect with her. It seems like she really did expect that Yang would turn up, get answers about why she left, and maybe join the group. Once she learns that Yang is trying to find Qrow, she starts leaning into the 'oh, no, you should leave and/or join' idea more because she doesn't want Yang to actually go anywhere near Ozpin.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-10, 16:14   Link #5260
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
I think Raven is telling the truth about Ozpin, at least as far as she perceives it, and probably genuinely does think that him getting his hands on Spring would be a bad thing. That said, Qrow almost certainly also knows what Raven knows, and he clearly does trust Ozpin.

As far as trying to prolong the conversation goes, I think Raven was genuinely surprised that Yang wasn't there to reconnect with her. It seems like she really did expect that Yang would turn up, get answers about why she left, and maybe join the group. Once she learns that Yang is trying to find Qrow, she starts leaning into the 'oh, no, you should leave and/or join' idea more because she doesn't want Yang to actually go anywhere near Ozpin.
Yeah, that's the part that I was so shock/aggravated about. I mean, what made her so sure that Yang was going to go there just for her (or at least, the things that Raven thought Yang was going to be there for). Had Raven ever stopped to think of the slight possibility that something might happen (both good and bad) before Yang reached her that'll change Yang's goal (and anyone who watched Volume 3 and 4, there was a lot of things to consider)? She was so shocked that Yang came for/to find Ruby (which honestly shouldn't had surprised her).
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby