AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you feel sorry for Orihime?
Yes 93 28.88%
A little 36 11.18%
Hell no 121 37.58%
Meh other characters have suffered more. 65 20.19%
Other 7 2.17%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-02, 16:54   Link #81
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Relationship problems are a great source of action, don't you know
2006-09-13, 02:28
The Searcher became a Legend!111 - (to)Arimfe

Quote from the Legendary!111 Searcher
"My heart is big enough for all the girls that lost"
Old 2007-07-02, 17:25   Link #82
kagato3

I think people are confusing Orihime's ability with her power level. While her ablities let her defy the will of God they do not make her as powerful as a God. People are focusing on her lack of killer intent and say that if she put her hart into it she could defeat anyone which I seriously doubt. Time and time again her powers have been shown to have a limit. Her shield was cracked and broke against Mayuri's shinigami turned bombs. Her shield was again shatered by Yami useing a single finger and I don't think she could put more will power behind Tsubaki durring that fight. Yami just plain out powered her. She even claimed to have had a hard time healing Ichigo while had no problems with healing the *olies, who were much worse off a short time before (I'm thinking this may hint at a limitation based on how much power was used to create the wound or the stronger the person the harder to heal). No one has ever commented that Orihime is unreasonably strong.

Also I'm tiered of hearing that Orihime was stupid for willingly going along with Ulqui people forget the 2 lives that she did buy in addation to her friends, her escourts who she was able to save which would have died if she had put up a pointless reseantace, and she knew that she had no hope what so ever of even delaying Ulqu from takeing her. Orihime has a maryter complex, she trys to save eveyone, many times at the cost of her own safty (MakiMaki and the shinigami bystanders that Mayuri ended up killing when he blew up his own men, Chad when he went back alone to fight Yami, ect)
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2007-07-02 at 19:53.
Old 2007-07-02, 21:02   Link #83
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
Orihime's powers are a complete waste with her insecurity. That, and that alone is the most troubling problem with Kubo's development for her. Will she try to fix things with her own powers? Sure, but Aizen is ten times smarter and will have some kind of trump card to make her hold back because she's weak.

Kubo needs to do something to make her snap.
Old 2007-07-03, 09:51   Link #84
solarknight123

Well lets not forget one more reason why she's weak, cause the creator simply will not allow her strenght
Old 2007-07-03, 09:57   Link #85
UPR

a little partly in loving someone who love another person
Old 2007-07-03, 10:32   Link #86
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
Well lets not forget one more reason why she's weak, cause the creator simply will not allow her strenght
Then the same would aply to Sado and Ishida, by the time they get as strong as ichigo was in the SS arc, they would be useless again.
Because ichigo would be able to destroy the world just by farting

This is what I don't understand about KT storyline, why have side characters who don't powerup along side with the main character.
Sooner or later both Sado and Ishida will get the same story that Orihime heard.
That they are to weak and should just stay home, and if this continues then the shinigami's will hear the same story too.
Except for Kenpachi and Yachiru ofcourse

Atleast in Naruto everybody gets stronger at the same time.

Could it be that Orihime power is not that she can be as strong as ichigo, but that her healing powers, and other powers, are like miracles.
Like returing a arm that have been cut off.
Could it be that ichigo will also have a arm cut off and that Orihime will bring it back?
What if Orihime can "reject" event, like ichigo dying.
Such a "power" is really in the realms of the gods.

And ichigo doesn't love someone yet, he is to stupid for love right now.
He just want to protect everybody.

Old 2007-07-03, 13:25   Link #87
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher View Post
Then the same would aply to Sado and Ishida, by the time they get as strong as ichigo was in the SS arc, they would be useless again.
Because ichigo would be able to destroy the world just by farting

This is what I don't understand about KT storyline, why have side characters who don't powerup along side with the main character.
Sooner or later both Sado and Ishida will get the same story that Orihime heard.
That they are to weak and should just stay home, and if this continues then the shinigami's will hear the same story too.
Except for Kenpachi and Yachiru ofcourse

Could it be that Orihime power is not that she can be as strong as ichigo, but that her healing powers, and other powers, are like miracles.
Like returing a arm that have been cut off.
Could it be that ichigo will also have a arm cut off and that Orihime will bring it back?
What if Orihime can "reject" event, like ichigo dying.
Such a "power" is really in the realms of the gods.

And ichigo doesn't love someone yet, he is to stupid for love right now.
He just want to protect everybody.
I agree. I feel sorry for chad and ishida, esp chad. I mean ishida did have his moments in the bonto arc and defeted his first major enemy in the HM arc but chad never really shined that much. I mean he fought that shinigami in SS arc but got his butt kicked, he wasn't that much useful in the bount arc and defeted a boss in the HM arc but got easly beaten again. Man if they don't get their respected moments, i fear for orihime.
Old 2007-07-04, 16:41   Link #88
SooHip

shes weak =P
Old 2007-07-04, 17:14   Link #89
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Maybe Orihime's powers are meant to be "weak", maybe al her powers are in shielding and healing.
Orihime can be strong in that.
Shielding and healing at the same time.

Old 2007-07-04, 17:22   Link #90
solarknight123

Quote:
Maybe Orihime's powers are meant to be "weak", maybe al her powers are in shielding and healing.
Orihime can be strong in that.
Shielding and healing at the same time.
Yeah god forbid she should get strong and defeat any enemys esp. the main ones, or anyone else besides ichigo for that matter in fear of breaking the shonen law. lol
Old 2007-07-08, 20:37   Link #91
evenex

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
That`s another reason why I can`t feel sorry for her character. So far KT just drew her as a weak character and expects everyone to feel sorry for her.
Old 2007-07-09, 17:07   Link #92
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Maybe she need to be weak first before Orihime becomes stronger, both in power and in mind.
It would be boring if she would become strong right away, like ichigo.

Old 2007-07-10, 15:43   Link #93
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alea Misa View Post
I'm afraid that is something that she will have to learn on her OWN, its not something someone can force into her mind. She'll have to learn by experience, and she is getting just that. But so far, what is so troublesome is the fact that she goes in circles. Resolve-> fearful and tearful->resolve-> fearful and tearful->resolve-> fearful and tearful, alot of her 'issues' are created by her, and she is the only one who can get herself out of that crippling mentality.
The merry go round of doom, she is going to get herself killed, regardless of whether she is aware of her fictional character status.
Well firstly it was Urahara who took part in Ichigo's mental training, so its quite cold of you to say that she should be the one who pulls herself out of her funk. Most of the characters in this show have had others pick them up from their "rainy days."

Also, people are not static, one moment they are confident in their ability and the next they could have a crippling blow to their pride and go into a depressive funk. A realistic character is one that has its ups and downs. This happens all the time, and like real friends, Ichigo and co. can see that and haven't said any lines like, "Aw why oh why can't this broad get her act together?" I really think that is the furthest thing from their minds. To summarize, some funks we can get out of yourself, and some times you just need some help.

I've already posted something earlier in this thread that is relevant now.
I just believe that healers have a very different state of mind than attackers do.
She just might never have the "killer instinct" that some of you may wish she had.
And IMO, as a barrier user and healer its not really necessary to have such monstrous killer instinct.

Seriously people are spouting out stuff like friendship and comradery, but from the majority of the posts concerning Orihime, are the "grin and bear it ya pansy," or "if you're not someone who can beat down your enemies in one blow or slaughter your enemies with a smile, then please go die." Emotional weakness, as untimely as it may be, is a part of life, and as the seasons it comes and goes. With the help of her friends, I'm sure she'll go to the next level soon enough.
Old 2007-07-23, 19:50   Link #94
zionforsale

Hm...I don't root for Orihime's character, but I don't think she is a weak character either. Her power is indeed special, and obviously she does have some toughness in mentality, like her desire to use her ability to reject the existence of HM. The only thing that makes me not liking her is that she is too kind, to the point of typical. I understand that there is someone in a shounen manga that needs to be about love. But does she have to be such a saint? She is just fine as a dizzy, caring, feminine girl. She is definitely maturing though. She understands she is in love with Ichigo now, and she is special to him as in the fact that she is the ONLY girl in the entire series who treats Ichigo in gentleness. (I'm not supporting this pairing though!) If the author would allow her character to get tougher, it would certainly annoy less people, but I doubt it. Because Orihime is not portrayed in that way. She would always be a caring, loving figure. If she ever gets stronger, it will be her conviction of always being kind and loving that gets stronger. Hence, even more saint-like. And that saintness repels fan's sympathy toward her.

I don't really feel sorry for her. Then again, I don't think any of characters need to be felt sorry for. I do think she is a lovely person and she should not be hated at all. (What has she done to deserve ANY kind of hate??? The kids in the HM hated her because they are jealous of her -the fact that Aizen treated her like an important guess even though she is not their kind) But let's face it, it's hard to us to identify ourselves with Orihime, and not like she had some really complex emotional troubles to suffer from, or be haunted by. (Except her unrequited love for Ichigo. But it is a usual problem of any romantic girl her age.)
Old 2007-07-23, 20:08   Link #95
quater
Kazekage Q

I do pity her some but every single character in Bleach you have to feel sorry for some. And I feel sorry for Her more than Ichigo just because she has no parents or brother. But I also think she is a mow ron at times so alot of my pity is lost in that.

I feel sorry for Chado more when Ichigo ran past him and kicked him out of the fight. That guy lived to fight side by side his best friend.
Old 2007-07-28, 14:52   Link #96
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Quote:
like her desire to use her ability to reject the existence of HM
Is this a spoiler that us anime watchers shouldn't know about?

One of the reasons why people don't like Orihime could be that they are just die-hard rukia fans.
And the reason that rukia is so popular in japan isn't so strange because she looks like a japanese, unlike Orihime.

One other reason is that Orihime is the first to grow big, so it's easy to pick on her.
Some people don't like changes.

Strange how Orihime is trying to protect her friends but all she gets is "flak" from fans, thats she is weak and etc.

I have been thinking about Orihime/Sado/Ichida powers and I have come to the conclusion that they don't have the "time" to upgrade each time, like ichigo.
I would be bored like hell, if they are going to do that.

They have to reach their peak powers now and learn how to use their powers better later.
So Sado will get his full armorsuit now and Orihime will learn that she can reject everything she doesn't like and Ichida (I don't know) will get a bigger bow

I have been thinking why aizen is so nice to Orihime and I think it's because Orihime can just reject aizen out of excistence.

Old 2007-07-28, 21:22   Link #97
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
And the reason that rukia is so popular in japan isn't so strange because she looks like a japanese, unlike Orihime.
You really think the Japanese are THAT shallow? Lol, well maybe, but if that were the case we'd never see manga/anime with main characters like Ichigo or Naruto. That's just a convenient excuse to hide the fact that Rukia's character/personality is filled with strength and honorable, respectable qualities. Orihime is a good character too, but compared to Rukia she is out-shined, imo.

No reason to feel sorry for Orihime, she's unique enough to be part of a small group of humans able to do combat with spirits.
Old 2007-07-28, 22:25   Link #98
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher
LOL! I guess you haven't been reading what they've been saying about Sasuke in the Naruto forums.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zionforsale
If the author would allow her character to get tougher, it would certainly annoy less people, but I doubt it. Because Orihime is not portrayed in that way. She would always be a caring, loving figure. If she ever gets stronger, it will be her conviction of always being kind and loving that gets stronger. Hence, even more saint-like. And that saintness repels fan's sympathy toward her.
She's sappy, I'll admit. I don't think she needs to be made into another tough-girl like Tatsuki, but she could be given more depth as a character. Just muttering "Kurosaki-kun..." can get annoying, but I think people take that one trait and blow it out of proportion. I remember similar criticism against Hinamori because she couldn't let go of Aizen even when he was revealed to be a traitor. For that, many people called her a whiny bitch and wanted to see her killed. These are just fictional characters so it's fine for people to dislike them for any reason they want, but sometimes I think it helps you enjoy the story more if you try to empathize with the characters.

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2007-07-29 at 19:01.
Old 2007-07-29, 02:16   Link #99
WhiteWings

Many of us make the mistake of assuming all main characters of an action type anime needs to be superhuman hero(ines). She should be applauded for even coming this far and not go psycho.

I think she's stronger than most of the people any of us actually know. Anime character or not that is something.
Old 2007-07-29, 16:06   Link #100
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaura View Post
You really think the Japanese are THAT shallow? Lol, well maybe, but if that were the case we'd never see manga/anime with main characters like Ichigo or Naruto. That's just a convenient excuse to hide the fact that Rukia's character/personality is filled with strength and honorable, respectable qualities. Orihime is a good character too, but compared to Rukia she is out-shined, imo.

No reason to feel sorry for Orihime, she's unique enough to be part of a small group of humans able to do combat with spirits.
Did I say that the japanese people are shallow? No.
I just meant the young japanese girls may find it easiers to indentify with rukia, because rukia looks more like a japanese.
Don't they say that to a japanese all western people look alike.
Maybe that's why the main character looks to different.

When did I say anything about rukia's personalities? Nowhere!
Sheesh, cheer up.

How does rukia outshine Orihime? Isn't Orihime honorable, has strength and has respectable qualities, the same as rukia.
To me both of them are the same.

Quote:
by Sabaku Kyu
LOL! I guess you haven't been reading what they've been saying about Sasuke in the Naruto forums
I was talking more about the rest of the shinobi's, like rock lee, tenten etc.

Quote:
by Sabaku Kyu
shida and Chad both received power-ups before they came to HM. If they hadn't, they would've been killed by the Privalon. They aren't going to be as strong as Ichigo of course, but that's to be expected. Chad in particular, really improved. Unfortunately, he had an encounter Noitura (who could be one of the higher-ranking Espada for all we know) before he could put his new power to further use.
Isn't this spoilers, why haven't you used spoiler alerts.

Closed Thread