AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2007-12-31, 16:26   Link #1
Dythe
Lurker

Question Getting my MKV files to play on the Zune

The subject pretty much sums things up. I've just bought the 80BG Zune, and I'm trying to figure out how to convert MKVs (w/ subtitles) so that they'll play on it. The Zune suports (i.e. can natively convert) WMVs (duh :P ), AVIs, and MP4s--not too sure about DivX.

I've looked at MediaCoder, but it apparently won't run on my shiny new Vista laptop. So, I guess I'm looking for a way to-- transcode the MKVs to AVIs (or MP4/WMV) w/ leaving the subtitles and quality intact)

Thanks in advance, to whomever can help me out,

--Dythe
Old 2008-01-01, 18:21   Link #2
Dythe
Lurker

Lightbulb Pondering

You know, using the CCCP, I've been able to get the MKV videos to play on Windows Media Player 11-- is there some way to capture all the hard work that the CCCP is doing and record it into an avi?
I can get the rest of the way from there.

--Dythe
Old 2008-01-01, 20:24   Link #3
martino
makes no files now

Frameserve it using AviSynth to some encoder application that supports such an input. I recommend using the Search function...

Last edited by martino; 2008-01-01 at 21:01.
Old 2008-01-03, 01:26   Link #4
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

See this link -> http://www.videohelp.com/guides/how-...m-to-avi-id694

Also, I really don't think you should use your Zune to watch anime fansubs with it because the subs are really gonna be small to read. I know because I tried watching fansubs on my PSP and IPOD and it blows.
Old 2008-01-09, 12:23   Link #5
DuplicateGoose

Anime on iPod/PSP/Zune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro View Post
See this link -> http://www.videohelp.com/guides/how-...m-to-avi-id694

Also, I really don't think you should use your Zune to watch anime fansubs with it because the subs are really gonna be small to read. I know because I tried watching fansubs on my PSP and IPOD and it blows.
Surely using a PSP with a wide-screen with a widescreen aspect video wouldn't cause the subtitles to be too hard to read? I can imagine this happening if the video was a widescreen squashed into 4:3 like for an iPod or Zune though.

You can easily convert Metroska (.mkv etc) to AVI containers or .wmv or MP4 by using the Combined Community Codec Pack and the full version of TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress (I've mentioned this in a similar thread) and with the program you can change the video resolution, bitrate, subtitles, aspect ratio and more. I've never tried to convert mkv to play on iPod etc so I don't know if it will be easy or not this way. You can always find more help on this forum if you don't figure out this challenge.