AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-06-24, 04:32   Link #61
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Looks like an oversized beetle with freakin flower wings (if you check there's an insect-type pattern beneath the "tails") so I'd say it's not a tailed beast...unless Kishi really wants to change the world with his manga
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 06:12   Link #62
ronin myael
lost ronin

It's funny how we now talk about Naruto's current "level" and how powerful he has become when we used to bash him for being a stupid pushover. Just an observation.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 06:25   Link #63
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

This appears to be the 7-Tails, at least judging by the host (the metrosexual tanned boy...or the very fit girl, whichever the case may be). I have to say, besides the first 2 Bijuu and the last (Kyuubi), the two other Bijuu we have seen now (the 7 and 8-tails) actually look like demons (i.e. impossible shapes totally alien in design).

Also,

It's probably just me, but I can't help but think that Karui looks really hot in this picture.
-Dammit Kishimoto, why did you not include that Jinchuuriki in the story too?! Seriously, the design for both the host and beast are certainly creative enough to make for an interesting character. So much wasted potential. And it seems someone called it when thhey said that Samui was blond.
Old 2009-06-24, 06:58   Link #64
Pentium
Uchiha

What has happened to the matter of the 4th being Narutos dad? I mean they pointed it out and the poof its gone? How come he ain't questioning Kakashi or someone higher up about it all? Its just simply vanished...

Quote by Cub-Sama: Say that to Raikage who's awesomeness can only be compared to what would happen if Samuel L MOTHERF*CKING Jackson and Mr. T had a child who was raised by Rambo. Even with Sage Mode I think Raikage can b*tch slap Naruto into next week.
Pentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 07:04   Link #65
helicopter32
Vizard Shinigami

The title is meeting of the five kages.
helicopter32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 11:18   Link #66
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentium View Post
What has happened to the matter of the 4th being Narutos dad? I mean they pointed it out and the poof its gone? How come he ain't questioning Kakashi or someone higher up about it all? Its just simply vanished...
That matter is in the same place as Hinata's confession, and any questions Naruto should have about his mother.

On another subject I'm really liking the look of the 7-Tailed Beast. But that in turn just re-ignites my rage that Kishi killed off most of the hosts off panel. I was so sure back at the end of the Save Gaara arc that Naruto&Co would try and foil Akatsuki by going to protecting other hosts. You know Naruto understanding the danger they face and understanding them and what not. But no he just moped about Sasuke instead. ARGH!!

And about the hair colours of the Kumo team. Seriously Kishi, blond and red again? Karui is already having a tough time trying not to be a Sakura personality clone in my eyes without the red hair. And I know Omoi's hair is more white then blonde but still....ugh.
On the plus side I see the Sand Siblings have a new look, looks like Temari is also using a large scroll now too. Gaara carries his Kage hat too.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 11:43   Link #67
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I knew Samui was blonde. And have you noticed her position on the cover? Nice, Kishi, nice!
Old 2009-06-24, 12:04   Link #68
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
(the metrosexual tanned boy...or the very fit girl, whichever the case may be)

The second image it's a proof that we will have a nice team combo... Samui it's the Kakashi, etc...

Last edited by Fran~; 2009-06-24 at 23:06.
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 13:39   Link #69
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Also,

It's probably just me, but I can't help but think that Karui looks really hot in this picture.
Yeah! Just look at them....Ino...you're probably permanantly out of the picture now..as for the Jinchuuriki...damn...it almost looks like a beetleborg powerrangerkindofZord! I'd say the guy looks also pretty cool. As i said before... i like them already
Old 2009-06-24, 13:46   Link #70
Ero-Senn1n

There's an interesting sentence about Madara in the spoiler:
"Tobi : Well ... Nagato wasted the Rinne Tensei instead of keeping it for me just in case."

When we learned that Madara should be about 90 years old and that he can dematerialize his body or parts of it i had the idea that maybe Madara really is not alive, that is he died and this body is not a human body.
There are some facts that support this idea:
- Madara should be 90 years old by now, but he is moving like a 20 year old young person
- He wears a strange black armor/vest that covers his body, added to that the mask, so we really can't tell if there's a real human body inside
- when he was attacked by amaterasu he didn't have the time to dematerialize so he really was burning, but when he comes back he is in perfect shape, not even his outfit was damaged, as if Madara could recreate any body part that was damaged or as if his body was an illusion
- Madara stops Suigetsu's sword easily even if his body does not seem strong enough for that, maybe that's not the power of the body the strenth comes from chakra that the soul creates
- the most important: Madara never fights, if he is so strong why did he create akatsuki, he could have done the who job by himself. However it seems that Madara somehow was not able to do that, which means Madara has some secret weakness that prevents him from using the full power of the EMS. Itachi confirms that when saying that "Madara is a pathetic shell of his former self".

So i think the sentence may be referring to Nagato resurrecting Madara. The final secret of the eternal MS may be something that allowed Madara to bind his soul to this world even after his death. So i was thinking maybe the price Madara has to pay is that his not visible eye (the one covered by the mask) must always be turned on into EMS mode, because he always must use the EMS jutsu that binds him to this fake body, and that means that he is permantently weakened because of loss of chakra for maintaining his jutsu, so it is a too great risk for him to fight because if he runs too low on chakra then his soul is taken away to the realm of the dead. Also another implication could be that Madara cannot summon the big sealing statue because of this, so he has to use "pawns", in this case he wants to use Sasuke for summoning the sealing statue. It may even be that he wants to give Itachi's eyes to Sasuke because he wants to steal Sasuke's body once Sasuke has the EMS, that would be another way of resurrection for him.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 14:53   Link #71
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Ah Kishi is a tease, coming up with such cool designs for the bijuu postmortem. It'd be nice to see some flashbacks or maybe even gaiden stories featuring them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
- He wears a strange black armor/vest that covers his body, added to that the mask, so we really can't tell if there's a real human body inside
He did partially remove the mask when he was about to show his face to Sasuke, he seemed to have a normal human or at least human-looking body underneath the armor.

Quote:
- the most important: Madara never fights, if he is so strong why did he create akatsuki, he could have done the who job by himself. However it seems that Madara somehow was not able to do that, which means Madara has some secret weakness that prevents him from using the full power of the EMS. Itachi confirms that when saying that "Madara is a pathetic shell of his former self".
He needs the chakra of others for the bijuu sealing process. And also I think it was stated that what Itachi said about Madara being " a shell of his former self" was a mistranslation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentium
Well, there's really much more important things going on at the moment. There's nowhere to fit it in. If Kishi had pushed back the Hokage decision and the arrival of team Sasumi, there could've been time for Naruto to do some reflection but he decided to move the plot along immediately.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 15:30   Link #72
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
He needs the chakra of others for the bijuu sealing process. And also I think it was stated that what Itachi said about Madara being " a shell of his former self" was a mistranslation.
It's not a mistranslation, it's the truth.
We won't know if that statement itself is true until Madara actually throws down.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 16:14   Link #73
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Don't mislead others when you don't know what you are talking about Phenomenal, Itachi said "イタチ「今のマダラは負け犬だ…" ie he called Madara a failure because he was twarted by Shodai and Yondaime, he didn't say he had lost his strength, in fact he said exactly the opposite a few sentences before this one.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 16:37   Link #74
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Don't mislead others when you don't know what you are talking about Phenomenal, Itachi said "イタチ「今のマダラは負け犬だ" ie he called Madara a failure because he was twarted by Shodai and Yondaime, he didn't say he had lost his strength, in fact he said exactly the opposite a few sentences before this one.
Thanks for the correction and the laugh at the beginning.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 16:53   Link #75
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
There's an interesting sentence about Madara in the spoiler:
"Tobi : Well ... Nagato wasted the Rinne Tensei instead of keeping it for me just in case."
Maybe this meant it was because Madara was planning to set a situation where he actually dies and he needs to come back after that such as:

Him being killed so everyone thinks the threat is gone so whilst they think they are in a state of peace he can do even more damage while they are not as strong.

Maybe it is like Shaman King and his chakra will grow even more (like with Sasuke) when he actually dies or goes into a state of death and he needs to be brought back so he can become strong enough to control the tailed beasts.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 16:59   Link #76
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Thanks for the correction and the laugh at the beginning.
That said Madara did state that he wanted the true power of the Sharingan so who knows? He might have lost part of his strength, especially since he doesn't have the Kyubi at his disposal anymore. But as far as Itachi's words go Madara is supposed to have kept his power to this day.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 17:18   Link #77
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
That said Madara did state that he wanted the true power of the Sharingan so who knows? He might have lost part of his strength, especially since he doesn't have the Kyubi at his disposal anymore. But as far as Itachi's words go Madara is supposed to have kept his power to this day.
Well according to Madara they both had some secrets they tried to hide from the other. I don't think Susanoo was one of those for Itachi. Considering that what Madara achieved was the result of some unknown, maybe Itachi discovered something else that one can do after the eye transfer happens. Maybe something Madara hasn't shown and Itachi assumed him to not have. Of course, his goal was not that at the time, more like he was giving Sasuke pointers about what he should do if he wants to surpass Madara.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 17:33   Link #78
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
He did partially remove the mask when he was about to show his face to Sasuke, he seemed to have a normal human or at least human-looking body underneath the armor.
Yes, but that might be some illusion or something similar. Whenever Madara makes physical contact with something it is not his skin/body that we see making contact but the black armor-like clothing. His hands are also covered with black, i don't remember other ninja having gloves. Sharingan is all about illusions and mental power that manifests through the eyes, add to that the final secret of the EMS that only Madara knows and that he is somehow immortal.

Quote:
I didn't say that Madara has no chakra to use for fights or sealing, i was thinking only that his current state maybe is not 100% so fighting is a serious risk for him, that's why he avoids fighting. The idea is that EMS may be constantly used to bind him to this world despite being dead, which needs constant chakra use. That's similar to Tsunade's youth jutsu which makes her young at the cost of chakra, however if she uses too much chakra she'll become old because she had to stop her jutsu, in Madara's case stopping the jutsu would mean real death.

What we know is that 16 years ago Madara did attack Konoha using the kyuubi, so we can be sure that he was able to control the kyuubi with his MS while he was more than 70 years old, also his MS could counter every move of Yondaime. Another thing is that Yondaime calls him masked man, so he probably didn't have to remove his mask, which might be because his other EMS eye was busy on the jutsu which binds Madara's soul to this world, but of course this is only my assumption here. After Madara lost to the 1st hokage he attacked the village only once, that's another strange thing, considering that he supposedly has the power of the EMS.

What i'm saying that it does not make sense that Madara was hiding all the time unless there's a serious weakness that prevents him from action. What we know is that not even amaterasu can destroy him and that he can teleport wherever he wants, so he can escape any fight he wants if he is somehow overpowered, which means there really would be no risk for him to be more active. I'm just trying to make sense of Madara's actions, since i'm sure Kishi did think of something logical when he created the final villain. This resembles Itachi's case, he never killed anyone and always escaped from fights instead of killing, in the end Kishi gave a logical explanation for such behaviour. In Madara's case obviously it won't be that he is not evil For example the last time we saw Madara he was playing with Kakashi and Naruto, the kyuubi container was right before his eyes yet he didn't take Naruto with him, that's really not how an EMS user should behave.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 17:50   Link #79
james0246

^Just for nostalgia, much of what you are saying I also speculated on more than a year ago (here, for instance, was a short post I made concerning the speculation (I had other posts, but I am unsure of which threads I argued the speculation in)). I am not disagreeing or agreeing with what you are saying, I just found it somewhat interesting that a similar specualtion would emerge, even if it is a year+ later .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 17:52   Link #80
Zek
Eyebrows...

Sooo... Why does Gaara still have his insomnia circles? There's no reason he can't sleep anymore and it's been a long time now.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote