AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: Haruka or Mitsuki?
Haruka, and respondent is male 259 45.52%
Haruka, and respondent is female 54 9.49%
Mitsuki, and respondent is male 216 37.96%
Mitsuki, and respondent is female 40 7.03%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-07-24, 06:45   Link #381
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I don't think anyone could have slapped him into his senses atm. I think if anything he would have sunk deeper into that state. He thinks he deserves to be hated, deserves to be hurt etc... Without a proper emotional breakout from someone it's impossible. And that's what Mitsuki's done.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 12:42   Link #382
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Yeah, that's exactly what someone suffering from PTSD needs: tough love. After all, nothing beats a good ol' whamming, right?
Well it's not as if he was diagnosed with that. The anime didn't go as deep as applying medical terms, although PTSD is most likely the case here. If anything, I would say do it early before he dives deeper into his depression <_<

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 13:36   Link #383
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Yeah, that worked out so well on Ranka, right?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 15:33   Link #384
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Yeah, that worked out so well on Ranka, right?
Oh you You're such a silly person Her diagnoses was different anyway

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 15:42   Link #385
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well... Dissociative amnesia can (and more often than not, does) have traumatic causes as well, after all - but I'll let it slide.

My point is: his condition - and others similar to it - would hardly be dispelled with a simple slap to the face - or any other body parts. But, hey, that's just me (I didn't like that in the original Macross, nor Frontier, either).

Old 2009-07-24, 16:21   Link #386
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Ranka's depression and Takayuki's a way different both in deepness and lenght. Ranka's heart broken because she misunderstood(?) something. She only needed a big slap and a thoughtfull conversation to be convinced(and even after that she was depressed and down...it only made her do something)
In Takayuki's case it was a long term depression from guilt. She slowly starts to lose himself and the action of Haruka's parents made it worse for him. He's attitude bordered the sucidial one. No matter how you look at it a simple slap can't bring him to his senses. He needed something more powerfull...
Old 2009-07-24, 19:39   Link #387
Alchemist007
*Author

Yes...

Old 2009-07-24, 23:50   Link #388
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

The ultimate form of bitchslap?
Old 2009-07-26, 08:13   Link #389
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Why blame Shinji? Like anyone would resist Mitsuki...even if it's his best friend...it's just in men's nature...you can't blame anyone but the driver that was driving and hit Haruka 3 years prior...
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 08:59   Link #390
Alchemist007
*Author

Shinji is certainly not without blame.
Old 2009-07-26, 09:05   Link #391
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Certainly not. In fact, if you really want to, you can shift most of the blame for their tryst on him, since he knew she was wasted and out of her mind, at the time. But, honestly, everyone shares some of it - there's enough blame to go around.

Old 2009-07-26, 09:30   Link #392
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleri View Post
Why blame Shinji? Like anyone would resist Mitsuki...even if it's his best friend...it's just in men's nature...you can't blame anyone but the driver that was driving and hit Haruka 3 years prior...
On the fellow, the show never did spend much time on him. You would have expected Bakayuki to look him up for a thrashing before his BSOD.
Old 2009-07-31, 02:16   Link #393
velvet nightmare

i personally thought takayuki made the right choice at the end (albeit it took way too freaking long)

for me, the story starts to break down (didn't make sense and i felt it wouldnt happen in real life) after haruka's parents told him not to show up again, and he still kept his feelings and guilt. something just doesn't sit right with me that he kept ignoring mitsuki's signs that she wanted them to move on (for example her getting her hair cut short)

it just doesnt feel right that at the beginning of the series he didn't seem that interested in haruka and it eventually led to his post traumatic stress and it also didnt seem that they had dated that long either to illicit such strong emotions (if it were a husband and wife i'd understand but highschool kids dating? i think not)

in any case, this anime is a prime example of how being too nice can sometimes be a weakness and end up hurting people more than helping them.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 04:47   Link #394
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

That's partially his part of guilt. He dated Haruka for a month but she hardly bring himself to love her. He thought if he were more euthnastic about their relationship then the tragedy would never have happened. Then it turned into nostalgia and he just kept the good memories. It's cruel to say, but in some sense Haruka's coma was an "effective way" for her to gain Takayuki's love.
Haruka's pain was certainly obvious, and her suffering blinded Takayuki to the others' suffering. Somehow that's why I call him Bakayuki too. He's way to nice and even somewhat dumb. The opposite of Itou Makoto(who's dumb in another sense)
Old 2009-08-01, 06:41   Link #395
CC
♥ 無情この世はすべて
*Fansubber

Yeah, uh, if you think a guy can go "Oh hey she came on to me and I popped an erection so it's okay to sleep with a girl I know is taken by my friend" and get away with it, then I feel bad for your friends.

I'm female, I chose Haruka. I can't stand Mitsuki, I hate her - I tried not to, but I just couldn't. People who justify the horrible selfish things she's done by saying "she was in love, and in pain" are naive. Yes I know that love is a very complicated thing, and no one likes to hurt, but that doesn't excuse hurting so many other people. It's plain selfish and wrong. While I don't like Haruka much as a character just because I'm not fond of the moe innocent types, I like her more as she wasn't a bad person. She was undeserving of what she got, and it's all Mitsuki's fault. So in closing, yes I feel very strongly against Mitsuki.

CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 06:48   Link #396
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Mitsuki's fault? What, the accident? Takayuki's condition? Please, explain...

Old 2009-08-01, 07:17   Link #397
CC
♥ 無情この世はすべて
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC View Post
and it's all Mitsuki's fault.
I said "all". As in, pretty much all of it? The accident itself wasn't caused by Mitsuki, but if she wasn't so selfish Haruka wouldn't be there. Mitsuki's own pain was her fault as she contantly made it worse by doing stupid things. Nearly every turn for the worse can be blamed on something Mitsuki did if you get down and dirty about it. I just don't like her - full stop.

Old 2009-08-01, 07:25   Link #398
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, since you're not so keen on actually discussing things, let's just drop it, then...

Old 2009-08-01, 07:27   Link #399
CC
♥ 無情この世はすべて
*Fansubber

I only meant to contribute to the thread, as the OP (who probably isn't around anymore anyway) asked for us to post "why" we felt the way we do~

Didn't mean to offend you or anything, like I said, I just feel very strongly about my dislike for that character. Normally I'm a rather neutral person, but the one good thing Mitsuki's role did was provoke a lot of unique emotion.

Old 2009-08-01, 07:31   Link #400
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Hey, you didn't offend me or anything. But, since you only wanted to vent, I don't feel the need to start a discussion that won't lead us anywhere. Peace out.