AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-11-20, 19:03   Link #81
Ah!Tomo_chan
カテリン

Send a message via AIM to Ah!Tomo_chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briareos
Do you mean the Earth is now a piece of crap, or religion is now a piece of crap?
How could you not figure that out? She means that the earth is now a piece of crap. How could you confuse that? She said that relgion was spiritual for your soul.

Anyways, she's right. People are so negative these days its not even funny. One day we're all gonna vanish from this earth...and guess who's fault is that?

We're already destroying the planet, we're destroying ourselves with all this killing and hatred.
Ah!Tomo_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 20:34   Link #82
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah!Tomo_chan
How could you not figure that out? She means that the earth is now a piece of crap. How could you confuse that? She said that relgion was spiritual for your soul.

Anyways, she's right. People are so negative these days its not even funny. One day we're all gonna vanish from this earth...and guess who's fault is that?

We're already destroying the planet, we're destroying ourselves with all this killing and hatred.

Face it the planet is a shit hole and party its do to Religion. I dont realy hate any one Religion, I just hate the Fundies that run around Blowing them selves up, or run around trying to convert everyone and other bull shit becuase they think there religion is "Right" and all the others are Satanic or some BS like that.... Maybe we will have a nice UEDish goverment come into power and fix these problems
Reaver4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 22:19   Link #83
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.

Location: In Arcueid's arms, getting my blood drained by the neck. Or at least I wish.
Or, we could reach a new level of intellectual maturity by always accepting as an unchanging premise that everyone thinks differently and act and think accordingly instead of going onto an anime forum and spouting out obscenities.

Spoiler for Translation for those who need simpler speech:
STfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 22:37   Link #84
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by STfan
Or, we could reach a new level of intellectual maturity by always accepting as an unchanging premise that everyone thinks differently and act and think accordingly instead of going onto an anime forum and spouting out obscenities.

Spoiler for Translation for those who need simpler speech:

Thats not going to happen.
Old 2004-11-20, 22:49   Link #85
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.

Location: In Arcueid's arms, getting my blood drained by the neck. Or at least I wish.
*sigh* I tried.
STfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 00:14   Link #86
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

I can stop "spouting out obscenities".... Thats about it
Old 2004-11-22, 11:48   Link #87
Briareos

Quote:
I should have put a wink after my "Earth or Religion" question. It was a bit of a joke showing that I think the previous poster was naively elevating the status of religion. Religion has also been used to repress people, wage wars, burn people at the stake, control populations, etc. To say that religions have a single love and peace purpose is being idealistic.
Quote:
Anyways, she's right.
No she's not.
Quote:
People are so negative these days its not even funny. One day we're all gonna vanish from this earth...and guess who's fault is that?

We are not destroying the planet. The planet will be here long after the human race has either gone extinct or evolved into something better. We are spoiling certain parts of the Earth and making it somewhat inhospitable for humans to exist here. We're also doing things to try and preserve the environment. Not everyone is actively destroying things you know.

Personally, human nature has been a constant throughout history. Humans are no better or worse than they have always been. We are capable of wonderful and terrible things, and everything in between. If you only see the bad things people have done (and only know of the recent negatives -- the small picture), then sure the world looks pretty bad. People tend to look at the past through rose colored-glasses, long for the "good ol' days", and forget about how bad things were in some ways back then. Study your history, and you'll realize that some things have never been better for the human race than they are right now.

Society is by no means perfect, but I don't subscribe to this doom and gloom philosophy -- it's a one sided viewpoint. You need to open your eyes more and see the whole picture. Then, instead of bemoaning the "impending" end of the human race, you can help to spread this love and peace that religion is supposed to represent.

The world is not a simple, back and white place.

Last edited by Briareos; 2004-11-22 at 12:00.
Briareos is offline   Reply With Quote