AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-29, 10:52   Link #31601
Eratas123

Going to sleep, see ya guys.
Old 2012-05-29, 11:11   Link #31602
greedyspectator

@Zero
So, like, 2020 in IS verse?
Old 2012-05-29, 15:15   Link #31603
DarkJak2050

Fanfic spoted.

Sweet and Sour Pork (Oneshot though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyspectator View Post
So, like, 2020 in IS verse?
2021 to be exact.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 02:47   Link #31604
greedyspectator

I have a plot bunny guys, tell me what you think.

Basically, the premise is that the middle east revolution (which happened in real life) never happened, and due to the invention of the IS, successful rebellions are effectively impossible. A rebel leader hired the main character, a Sociopath/Psychopath as well as commander of a rogue paramilitary organization, in order to help him rebel against the dictatorial status quo and advance the middle east region. The fanfic details how the main character finds tactics and strategies to beat a far more powerful force equipped with IS units.

I had a similar concept before written as the fanfic Resurgence, but I abandoned that story because the main character's personality and abilities (easily planning out counters to IS units) seem too Stu. Another difference is that there wont be any parallel dimensions stuff in this Fanfic. This will all be based on IS verse.

Character Profile of main character below. If you think the character is too unrealistic, tell me where is it unrealistic and how I can change that.

Spoiler for Insurgency: Character Profile: Lukasz Krzysztof Felicjan Fairs:

PS: How do you double space posts, by the way?

Last edited by greedyspectator; 2012-05-30 at 07:05.
greedyspectator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 06:27   Link #31605
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ greedy
So far so good, but even the best tactician has to face the same damn conclusion: you are going to sacrifice a lot of resources, be it people or weaponry. Most of the time, it's not cost efficient either.

Considering he's a psycho however, I don't think he will give a damn

To double space, you have to do it manually like this

Quote:
Example
*ENTER*
Example
Oh, and be sure to use normal size font next time you post anything more than a single sentence, my eyes hurt by that

EDIT: finally got my answer, its seems that Chemical laser has weakness in terms of logistic and waste chemical hazard, where solid-state laser has output inefficiency and waste heat problem. :|

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-05-30 at 06:43.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 06:42   Link #31606
greedyspectator

@Zero
I'm pretty sure in the notes at the end I included the fact that he used (in a wargame) suicide tactics. As in, using F-22 fighter jets as fuel air bombs while not giving a damn about the pilots.

Well, I'm trying to portray Lukasz realistically, here. I actually did research on Psychopathy and Sociopathy, and I even read snippets from sociopaths themselves (although I have no way of confirming that they are really sociopaths and not just faking it). Apparently, Psychopaths cannot feel emotions the same way humans do. They can easily feel negative emotions when it concerns themselves, and perhaps feel some shallow positive ones. But concerning others, they cannot be happy or sad about them, at least for highly psychopathic individuals.

I intend to subvert the Jerk With a Hidden Heart of Gold trope... as well as Love Redeems and most of those wacky tropes with no psychological basis whatsoever.

The funny thing about facing IS units is that there is no reliable way in increasing the supply of IS units. So, destroying even ONE IS unit is like permanently capping the maximum military power of a country. The theoretical cost of one IS core is theoretically, well, infinite. It's called Replacement Value, an economic concept. The Replacement Value of an IS Core is infinite, there is no damn way you can get another one. Theoretically, you can waste a hundred thousand aircraft carriers to take down a single IS, and it's still a good trade-off, since the supply of IS units for each country is fixed (except for Japan, since they have Tabane).

Edit: Changed the font size. By the way, what do you think about my opening quote? Does it capture his character well?
Old 2012-05-30, 06:47   Link #31607
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I.S. core also virtually indestructible, even other I.S. need massive, concentrated firepower do destroy that. Even assuming each frame is 1 billion each, you still need >2 billion to take out one frame and the core might be recovered anyway, to be used again.

Yes, I.S. are disposable, the cores are not, but it's hard to destroy the core. And no, money wasn't the only problem, but also building time and manpower required. Take this 1 billion I.S. and this 1 billion aircraft carrier, which one is more precious? Aircraft carrier of course, because you need extensive amount of materials and manpower to build that.

OTOH, recovering that core and then use it yourself.... is a brilliant idea
Old 2012-05-30, 06:48   Link #31608
Eratas123

Alright, so far I've done daydreams for:

Houki Shinonono

Cecilia Alcott

Huang Lingyin

Ran Gotanda

Tatenashi Sarashiki

Laura Bodewig

Tabane Shinonono

Anybody else I missed?

Side note - What's up with the prevalence of Evil Albino's nowadays?
Old 2012-05-30, 06:53   Link #31609
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Chifuyu's?

Hardly, Kaworu Nagisa started that since 1996 (or is that 1998)?

@ Greedy
you forgot to separate those wall of text still
Old 2012-05-30, 07:04   Link #31610
greedyspectator

@Zero:
Ah, yes, the wall of text. Wait a second.

And the IS Cores... well, no matter how hard they are to destroy, if they CAN be destroyed, and if their supply is fixed, their Replacement Value is still infinite. The key here is the fixed supply. As long as the supply is fixed, it does not matter how much money it takes to destroy an IS Core, because the value of the IS Core is still infinite. You just cannot replace an IS Core.

Although you're right, using the IS Core instead of destroying it makes more economic sense, unless the IS Core gets recaptured.

Can I have your opinion on the opening quote? Please ?
Old 2012-05-30, 07:04   Link #31611
Eratas123

I meant in this archive So far we have three villain protags, and two of which are albino's.

Off hand, do you know the definition of insanity?
Old 2012-05-30, 07:12   Link #31612
greedyspectator

@Eratas
Well, I guess Albinos just tend to be more exotic, that's all.

Insanity: Well, basically anything outside normal societal norms.

EDIT: Can I have your opinion too ?
Old 2012-05-30, 07:36   Link #31613
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Greedy
That quote sounds fitting really.

@ Eras
in·san·i·ty
noun \in-ˈsan-ət-ē\
plural in·san·i·ties
Definition of INSANITY
1: a severely disordered state of the mind usually occurring as a specific disorder (as paranoid schizophrenia)
2: unsoundness of mind or lack of the ability to understand that prevents one from having the mental capacity required by law to enter into a particular relationship, status, or transaction or that releases one from criminal or civil responsibility
Old 2012-05-30, 07:41   Link #31614
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Here, watch this for the defininition of insanity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaGSSrp49uc
Old 2012-05-30, 07:45   Link #31615
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

SNIPPETS

Spoiler for Awesome:
Old 2012-05-30, 08:07   Link #31616
Eratas123

Does the Alien Aspect come into play at all?
Old 2012-05-30, 08:24   Link #31617
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes, as much as canon does, a little more seriously, but not enough to make it grimdark.

Scenes such as alien invasion and war is present, but again, it's very small part. Everything else just about Character X beats Character Y for Z reason. Duel decides everything indeed.

The protagonist took the 'sexual assault' issue more than anything else. Since almost half of them are sexually insecure.

Such as Len and Sasuga-sensei doing a 'white torture' to Lacospo (the short, Pilaf-lookalike alien dude with giant toad). White torture is just that, a light, but long term torture session that doesn't leave any mark. More like endurance test than anything.

Even funnier is the scene before Rito beat the crap out of Ghi Bree (The shapeshifting cell-inspired dude) for molesting Haruna. Rito just stared at him... and Ghi Bree breaks down in tears in fear of what could happen. Of course, when Haruna regained her consciousness... she promise that she won't tell anyone that that Rito leaves very little mercy during the capturing process. (yes, Haruna's patience has limit )
Old 2012-05-30, 08:41   Link #31618
Eratas123

Did ypu watch the video?

Side note - So what's the point of the IS when you have ultra badasses like Gid?
Old 2012-05-30, 08:52   Link #31619
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I.S. are the only thing keeping the major alien invasion at bay. The minor one could be handled by military just fine. This is the reason United Nations has their own military force, included in them is 300 I.S. unit (unlike in Canon, there are more than 2000 cores in this story), and war against Alien doesn't affected by Alaska Treaty.

Gid? Hardly a nobleman, but not so much immoral as he DOESN'T subscribe to values of humanity at all due to cultural difference. Deviluke, while large, is not invincible. In fact, Gid fail to conquer the milky way mostly due to his force spread too thin, allowing rival faction from another galaxy to attack.

As the result of this, those survived from Deviluke conquest forming an alliance called "Outer Borders", Earth was a member of this organization. Deviluke can't spare enough power to seize this alliance at all, which is the very reason of why people in Earth is mostly clueless about interstellar war that tear the galaxy asunder.
Old 2012-05-30, 08:58   Link #31620
Eratas123

Is everybody a badass abnormal?

Side note - Did you watch the Video?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest