AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2006-09-19, 21:59   Link #1
InuLoverGirl
The Sweet Miko

Location: in my own little world with inuyasha,sesshomaru,ed,naruto, and shinji^^
Send a message via MSN to InuLoverGirl
Inuyasha Manga

um..might anyone here know in wich manga volume did the inuyasha anime leave off in?because i really need to know because i really want to know what happens after the anime anywayz hope you know arigato for your help

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-09-20 at 00:24.
InuLoverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 23:37   Link #2
vesentac
Long time troller

Around vol 36 to 37 is kinda where the manga left off. There are differences between the two but it's around there.
vesentac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 21:39   Link #3
deaconfry
haseo the pk

Send a message via MSN to deaconfry
actually it left off at 40
deaconfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 22:00   Link #4
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Inu Yasha--the manga discussion

Hello, I know Inu-Yasha is an older subject, but I cannot find a manga topic around here (only direct anime), and I really enjoy the series...

Anybody else around here?
dpryciak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 04:48   Link #5
jedinat

I read 30 volumes before I got tired of it... that's after watching the anime.
I might pick it up again sometime if I'm really bored...
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 06:57   Link #6
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Well, I loved the Manga for a long Time...
But the whole Story is getting boring...
Naraku get Stronger > Tessaiga get new Power > Naraku get Stronger > Tessaiga get new Power.
Oh Wait, Plot Twist!
Spoiler for someone gets stronger:

Naraku gets stronger again > Tessaiga get new Power again?

And thanks to some tragic Events...
Spoiler:

I have not much Characters i like...
Old 2006-12-17, 22:36   Link #7
dpryciak

Wow...SHE dies too? Didn't expect that one, and the other throws off all of my prior expectations on how they were going to kill Naraku.
Old 2006-12-18, 13:18   Link #8
kiwi_666

Hmm... interesting, is the manga still ongoing?? Actually I was also kind of disappointed in the Anime.

I just want to know the ending. The movies were actually quite good, I have to say
kiwi_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 14:02   Link #9
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_666 View Post
Hmm... interesting, is the manga still ongoing?? Actually I was also kind of disappointed in the Anime.

I just want to know the ending. The movies were actually quite good, I have to say
Yes, the manga is still ongoing.
Old 2006-12-20, 20:10   Link #10
dpryciak

Manga is still going, so I don't know why the Anime stopped. Maybe they're waiting to catch up? According to a site I visit for taboo translations, there was a statement in a recent publication that she is planning on writing 500 "books" or "scrolls" of Inu-Yasha before completing the series. She stated this when she reached 400 months ago in Shonen Sunday. She's on....chapter 478, last count. (and I thought FMP was taking a while!!!). But that doesn't mean she's close to done.

All the shocking things she's done that I didn't expect. Three "major" characters offed...
Old 2006-12-21, 21:12   Link #11
Tasdern
Kairin fan club member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post
Three "major" characters offed...
Really? That sounds interesting. Did the Inuyasha & Kagome romance ever develop into a major plot line? Always fighting demons sure got boring.

I'm not interested in ecchi or fanservice, just a deeper plot.

~Tasdern
Old 2006-12-25, 15:51   Link #12
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdern View Post
Really? That sounds interesting. Did the Inuyasha & Kagome romance ever develop into a major plot line? Always fighting demons sure got boring.
~Tasdern
Not Really... Mirokus and Sangos Relationship developed a little bit, thats all.

Spoiler for Sesshoumaru:
Old 2007-01-01, 13:16   Link #13
dpryciak

Some people say that Rumiko Takahashi has a problem ending series. I think they made that comment when Ranma 1/2 ended so...uncompletely.

That's the sort of ending I'm expecting her to drop, after all the drama.

caution...in case I say anything spoiler-esque....

A while ago, I was anticipating that Kikyo would do what Mikodori...(what was the name of the priestess who originally created the Jewel?)...did....by cleansing Naraku through her, and creating a second stone, but from what I read more recently, that's not going to happen. And I doubt that Kagome will do that.

Now, I hope...or anticipate...Somehow, someway, they'll find a way to defeat Naraku, and then there will be the stone left over, and Kagome will give the stone to Inu Yasha to become full monster, leap through the well, and vanish, tears in her eyes, from their lives forever....and the hope is, Inu Yasha will use the stone to become human and join her in her time world.

Ah, dreams.

Maybe when Takahashi finishes the series, the animators will pick up again and either create a couple more OVAs or add a season or two to the series.
Old 2007-01-17, 21:25   Link #14
vesentac
Long time troller

Yeah the manga is really doing well because Takahashi is starting to wrap up things.

Key notes of interest
For those who dont know anything past the end of the anime

Spoiler:

I'm enjoying the ride. Too bad everyone else seemed to have given up on the series.

Last edited by vesentac; 2007-01-17 at 21:40. Reason: spelling error
vesentac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 21:38   Link #15
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesentac View Post
I'm enjoying the ride. Too bad everyone else seemed to have given up on the series.
Not me pal! I'm very expecting that Naraku will finally get dusted forever along with Onigumo in hell.

I have been reading accurate and detailed synopsis of each manga chapter, but I intentionally stopped reading them so as not to catch too quickly soon with the recent releases.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 00:42   Link #16
MugenIchiban

The manga is fairly interesting. I found it to be pretty cool how everyone started backstabbing Naraku and also how the Tenseiga got remade into a weapon.
MugenIchiban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 12:49   Link #17
dpryciak

Previous form? Hmm, missed that. I have friends who give me the English version of the Japanese originals (sans pictures, alas) until I can buy 'em myself, but I think I missed that. I haven't read anything in a long while.

I hope we have a good wrap up. I wonder what she'll do. Better not be open ended!!!!!!!
Old 2007-02-26, 05:06   Link #18
Umaibo

Argh. I hope the series end soon.

It is always an endless cycle of:

Naraku becomes immortal -> Tessaiga get buffed and owns Naraku -> Naraku buffs up defense/ becomes more immortal -> Tessaiga get buffed up again, Naraku respond by buffing up even more -> infinite loop

While that is going on, there is a lot of non-story-development where nothing ever happens. There are a lot of random scenes and the party always seem to get side tracked but ultimately, nothing ever happens.
Umaibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 23:20   Link #19
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

The moral of the preceeding post is: Rumiko Takahashi should stop trying to write shounen. She's just bad at it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 04:20   Link #20
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Personally, I think it's beyond just writing shonen. No offence to her as I can't even remotely draw as good as her, but a lot of times in Inuyasha...the fighting shonen scenes just come across being...lazily drawn. Personally, I think that Hunter x Hunter's occasional sketching doodles at times feel more inspiring than the substandard INUYASHA SLASH Rumiko draws, and that's saying a lot.

Inuyasha isn't a bad manga, but it feels too much like Detective Conan at times. It's like there are need to chuck in parts that feel fillerish in-between before actually contributing to characters and sections like they're finally moving the plot by chunks.

The good thing is that recent developments has shown a lot of potential that Inuyasha is going towards it's finale soon...but knowing Rumiko...soon isn't a short period of time.

I totally hated how Koga got shafted. I know that he'd have to give up eventually, but can't it be more...dramatic?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen