AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-04-13, 10:37   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 491 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: raw spoiler is out (apparently from a reliable source), translation forthcoming...(note: not confirmed)

Quote:
- Naruto returns to Ichiraki (for his unfinsihed business ), the Toad seal comes with and takes up residence in Naruto's Belly...

- Someone asks Naruto for his autograph ...

- Kages briefly meet to decide fate of remaining Jinchuuriki. Tsunade is upset that they are not going to be used in the war, but the other Kages already voted to confine them, so they dismiss her opinions and decide to place the remaining Jinchuuriki in Kumo, the only land that produced no Akatsuki.

- Naruto, with Yamato, is shipped off to a small island in Kumo. There they are attacked by a giant octopus, until Kirabi arrives (as a giant octopus as well) and "saves" them. Naruto refers to Kirabi as Tako ~ Octopus.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-04-17 at 22:26.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 11:11   Link #2
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
someone asks for his autograph ...
Why are you so confused? He is the village hero now.

Quote:
Tsunade wishes to use them in the war
Well this is a surprise. I know she sees how strong Naruto is now, she did want to bring him back to fight Pein, but against Madara too? Guess she really does have faith.

Quote:
place the remaining Jinchuuriki in Cloud, the only land that produced no Akatsuki.
Yeah that's right, ship them right to where Kisame is spying from. That's safe alright.

Quote:
There they are attacked by a giant octopus
There are other giant octopus other then Killer Bee? Meh.

Quote:
Naruto refers to Kirabi as Tako
And let the good times begin!! Well doesn't sound like a bad chapter, looks like we're jumping straight into the training arc.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 11:23   Link #3
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Translation by shrimpy at MH.

This chapter's all talk...

Naruto is returned home.
He's back in ichiraku ramen where other shinobi are at his side, a young boy recognizes him and asks for his autograph. Naruto blushes. The owner, too, is proud of him.

The hokages argue about what to do w/ naruto and bee.
Tsunade angrily argues that sheltering them is a waste. "What's the point if we lose the war? Weren't they for that purpose?"
Unfortunately, she loses to majority vote.
It is decided to shelter them in Cloud Country, the one place akatsuki haven't shown up from. The exact location is Oganjima (island of demons, from japanese folklore)

Nartuo was picturing paradise, but is sorely disappointed.
Naruto is with Yamato on a boat when they're attacked by a giant squid, but are saved by Bee's sudden transformation.

Naruto - "Oh, so YOU'RE the octopus I needed to find?"
Bee - "You're late, bro"

end
Old 2010-04-13, 11:24   Link #4
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper View Post
Yeah that's right, ship them right to where Kisame is spying from. That's safe alright.
It's not exactly a bad decision considering they don't KNOW that kisame is there
Though this would be more interesting if we were not told that kisame was alive and spying on them... i mean it would have been a much better plot twist to find out that the sword was in a way a trap set up by Madara
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 11:29   Link #5
james0246

Quote:
Why are you so confused? He is the village hero now.
Naruto already had a standing ovation. Showing some random little kid asking for an autograph is essentially pointless after having the entire village cheer for him...

Quote:
There are other giant octopus other then Killer Bee? Meh.
I guess it could be a squid...
Old 2010-04-13, 11:36   Link #6
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
It's not exactly a bad decision considering they don't KNOW that kisame is there
Though this would be more interesting if we were not told that kisame was alive and spying on them... i mean it would have been a much better plot twist to find out that the sword was in a way a trap set up by Madara
Hehe! I know that THEY don't know but I still find it funny. And you're right it would have been better if they kept the fact Kisame alive a secret from us until he suddenly appears after a while. Oh well, we'll just have to guess when he'll make his move since he'll be there for all of the training, unless either Yamato or Naruto(Sage Mode) somehow detect Kisame.

Quote:
Naruto already had a standing ovation. Showing some random little kid asking for an autograph is essentially pointless after having the entire village cheer for him...
Well it is kinda cute in a way. And celebrating right after a big victory and hero worship are two different things.

Quote:
I guess it could be a squid...
Lol! Could be...
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 11:36   Link #7
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Seems a bit too quick for Naruto to meet Kirabi for me, it should be more gradual. Same with Sasuke getting EMS, the two of them just got their latest power up which helps them immensely just a few chapters ago now they are already getting a new power up.

Take this time to develop the old side characters, focus on Neji, Hinata, Ino, Chouji etc... for once, the thing about war in mangas is that it leaves so much space to show other characters. Take One Piece for example during that war they showed and gave some focus to a lot of new characters.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 12:30   Link #8
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
At this point, Kishimoto is just going to move the story along. I hardly see any time for time to develop the side characters.
Old 2010-04-13, 12:53   Link #9
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

so hinata isn't stalking him anymore?
Old 2010-04-13, 13:03   Link #10
james0246

^Nope, only little boys...
Old 2010-04-13, 13:07   Link #11
Nite-Wing

Wow and just like that he meets killerbee?
How stupid are the Kages to place both jinchuriki's in the same place.
More incompetence from the kages
Nite-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 13:13   Link #12
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Sorry, but side characters won't matter anymore.
Instead, the story will most likely focus on Sasuke and Naruto even more. They have to get stronger in order to be able to beat not just one but several of those Edo Tensei Akatsuki.

Akatsuki has grown in numbers once again, but the rookies have not become strong enough to fight one of them head on. Maybe they will gain experiences in battle. It would be nice to have another time shift and let one or two years of war pass in order to make change happen.
Old 2010-04-13, 13:53   Link #13
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Sounds like a pretty fast-paced chapter. I wonder what Kisame will do. I don't think he will head on attack two jinjurikies. Maybe he'll let Madara know exactly where they are, somehow, who then will send a little army of resurrected Akatsuki. However this can't be the original plan since Kabuto wasn't part of Akatsuki when Kisame started his thing. Also, if Kisame was just to spy on them and not take any action himself, then why wouldn't just Zetsu do it? Maybe Madara didn't know that both remaining hosts would end up at the same place.

Anyhow, I think Naruto's getting better and better now, I'm pretty interested to see what's going to happen next. I just hope that sidecharacters will have some action, too.
Old 2010-04-13, 14:04   Link #14
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Kisame vs Kirabe/Naruto in bijyuu form. Would be awesome if it happened.
Old 2010-04-13, 14:05   Link #15
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Sorry, but side characters won't matter anymore.
What about all the ninjas from other countries that keep getting introduced?
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 14:13   Link #16
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

I would be surprised if Kishi ever bothered to focus on the secondary characters again. Wasn't this the Year of Kakashi? Wasn't Sakura suppose to start acting like a heroine? I know we are only in April, but damn. It does seem like we are back to Sasuke all the time, then he departs, then it's Naruto and who he is with all the time. The war offers a chance to move the story beyond those two into something epic. Remember the Chunnin Exams? So let's see what happens. Again, I am not optimistic.

You know, I really expected Kishi to drag at least three chapters of buildup for the Kage meeting. And at least five for Naruto meeting KB. But bam! All done in one chapter.

Also why would Naruto allow himself to be sequestered? That seems so unlike Naruto who always wants to fight and protect everyone. Unless he knew he was going to meet KB, train, and then leave against the Kages orders. I expect Kisame to report their location. This would be Kirabi's chance to exit the story and for Naruto to win over Kumo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Akatsuki has grown in numbers once again, but the rookies have not become strong enough to fight one of them head on.
And the only one to blame for this is the author. Kishi has done a terrible job with his secondary cast despite them having huge fanbases that badly want them to be a big part of the manga..

You have to wonder why a WSJ editor hasn't stepped in?
Old 2010-04-13, 14:14   Link #17
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Yeah, they keep getting introduced all day, don't they?

Of course they get introduced... that's because it's more interesting to see new faces with new powers and of course you don't have to explain why their powers are at Kage level.

Too bad we got to know Konoha ninjas first, so that's why Konoha seems to be utterly weak and inferior the other villages now.
Old 2010-04-13, 14:24   Link #18
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Well i hope they'll be used to show the strength of akatsuki. Which means at least half of the ninjas in chapter 489 page 4 should die in battle. Also kages and their top ninjas meet the same fate. Otherwise this is not a war, just akatsuki losing the last members they have.
BTW the konoha ninja standing behind the black cloud ninja looks creepy
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 15:53   Link #19
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Stop and think about the fan base for a second.

So called plot twist would be decryed as Deus Ex Macina and you know it.
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 16:23   Link #20
Nite-Wing

nobody cares about Shikamaru and Hinata when you put them up against sasuke and naruto.
At this point everyone who is important has had their moment to shine. Now the focus goes to another village and we get to learn about it instead of all of Konoha's dirty laundry.
Nite-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion