AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-24, 23:55   Link #401
DorkingtonPugsly

Ahh so they have the water arc for the OAD. Nice.

They showed a certain someone walking at the end, that was nice of em. Liked how they made Takao's hair change a 'fuller' segment too than just a tiny thing in the bottom corner. Appreciate that big time. Like how they changed a few things up in the ed animation too.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I always thought Chitose's sister would have a deeper voice. Also they changed a lot of the lines/narrative to make her a lot nicer a sister haha.
Old 2014-03-25, 02:52   Link #402
Kunagisa

Going to sorely miss this. This is my favorite anime ever since Horizon season 2 ended.

As someone who has not read the manga, I love the hell out of the anime. Most of the episodes ended before I realized 20 minutes are up. The manga might be funnier on all accounts, but having Shizuka-sama voicing Takao is unbeatable; not to mention a ton of my favorite VAs are also in the series (if only they had a mahjong episode the Saki neta would've been hilarious)! Definitely a good anime to buy to watch with friends; I even end up watching this a few more times on danmaku sites since you can watch others tsukkomu their tsukkomi. Only thing (kinda big thing actually) holding me back from ordering is there are some episodes the animation really take a huge nose dive. I don't know if the series is just under-budgeted to begin with or what but that's just huge turn off for me. If they release a box set down the road for a discounted price I will still consider getting this though.

Either way, despite that there is an OAD planned, I sincerely hope there will be a season 2 eventually. These whacky characters and the gags are just too amazing. Easily 10/10 for me.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 08:04   Link #403
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Tama-chan and Takao with their hair down (I like Tama-chan's twintails a lot though)

That was a pretty fun show overall. It had the kind of absurd humor I really enjoy, but the delivery of the jokes wasn't always optimal so I didn't laugh as much as I should have while watching it. The girls were all lovely, especially Takao. The voice cast was probably the show's greatest strength. Lots of my favorite seiyuus were in it (Kana Ueda and Shizuka Itou were particularly amazing in this). 7/10. Wouldn't mind seeing a second season. I might check out the manga in the future, I'm interested in what the anime skipped.
Old 2014-03-25, 08:42   Link #404
hsmsful1

This anime ..... I just love comedy anime a lot.
I haven't really seen that many good anime this season, glad to see many series are using the straight man way to deliver the joke like for example ... just for reference Seitokai Yakuindomo.
But since Noucome ended last season, I thought I wasn't going to laugh so hard. The studio seemed to have had a lot of budget on their hands because the animation and art is just so good and done smoothly and the quality was always good. We had many of the best and adorable voice actresses here. The jokes were perfect and I for one wasn't able to hate even one girl ... I even liked the teachers and the bet thingy was a good thing to start the final episode with. Poor Ata---- actually no you can all beat him all you want XD
Best ending: "All of you are suspended for a while"
And don't take Tokyo Nanana lightly!
hsmsful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 09:00   Link #405
Xiyon

The comedy in this show, much like Nourin, has been hit-or-miss, with a lot of miss. This show made me realize that tsukkomi's just don't tickle my humerus, and I felt the cast were too over-the-top-- especially Ataru (which is a shame since FukuJun's one of my favorite VAs). Oddly enough, just like Nourin, I'm more drawn to the side-characters. In this series, Takao and Tama-chan-senpai stole my attention, as did Imouto-chan. It's too bad this cour finished; it would have been awesome to see more of Tama-chan-senpai =)
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 09:05   Link #406
karuroso

I watched this only for Takao
I would watch a second season only for Takao
I'm reading the manga now only for Takao
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 11:06   Link #407
ZeKeR
Superbad

still... that was the first time I saw Takao braidless....
Old 2014-03-25, 12:44   Link #408
Divini
Senpai!

I've had Takao slightly edging out Roka as best girl, but that last scene with Takao's hair down! Critical hit.

That embarassed blush + sparkles + never seeing it before + doing it because of what Kenji said to Tama. How can you resist that?!
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 13:29   Link #409
HandofFate

only complaint i have i guess is no funabori at all in the final episode.
Old 2014-03-25, 13:43   Link #410
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost013 View Post
Cons:
- Cut alot of stuff off (Takao punishment, Sakura chapters)
Isn't OVA episode about it?
Old 2014-03-25, 15:10   Link #411
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

I hope they get around to season 2. This one was the sleeper hit of the season for me. Really enjoyed it. Entirely because the characters were so likable.

Takao wins over Roka and Pink haired girl. Barely.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 16:41   Link #412
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say I'll give the show props overall. I thought the comedy was pretty good most of the time and it had some likable characters. Like Takao...and Takao...and well the others .

Besides the anime certainly did a good job making me decide to start reading the manga now. No way I can go and just ignore this group now.

Considering this season was a bit weak overall this show definitely was a nice one to have around.
Old 2014-03-25, 17:41   Link #413
hsmsful1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Considering this season was a bit weak overall this show definitely was a nice one to have around.
I am happy that I am not the only one who views this season as relatively weak
hsmsful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 18:13   Link #414
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmsful1 View Post
I am happy that I am not the only one who views this season as relatively weak
I think this season is Ok...but not great. Seitokai, Witch Craft Works, Mikakunin and Zvezda are all pretty good and a few like Saki and D-Frag have been decent enough to enjoy. Haven't finished a few like Nourin, but overall it feels like an average season besides me keeping interest/wanting to purchase more than one show (if any).

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 18:19   Link #415
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'll give Kazama credit. He really has an exhausting job responding to all the absurdity that surrounds him. It just sounds tiring to be in his position. Though does in a sense get paid for it by being pretty decent at harem building. I mean geeze he practically knocked Tama-chan out before the bag even arrived .

The guy is surrounded by a lot of powerful girls which certainly makes him look below average, but he handled himself pretty well in this show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
I think this season is Ok...but not great. Seitokai, Witch Craft Works, Mikakunin and Zvezda are all pretty good and a few like Saki and D-Frag have been decent enough to enjoy. Haven't finished a few like Nourin, but overall it feels like an average season besides me keeping interest/wanting to purchase more than one show (if any).
While I agree there were some good shows, I think the overall quality was fairly weak. If we didn't have the shows that carried over coming into this season it might have been a pretty rough time for anime watching.

As a whole I'll say the season looks better to me now than it did in the first few weeks.
Old 2014-03-25, 19:42   Link #416
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Chitose with the ponytail, Tama with the hair down, Takao with the hair down....aw lawd what a finale.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 20:34   Link #417
Traece
:cool:

D-Frag! is over, and now I am sad.

This was a pretty amazing show. It got a lot of big laughs out of me, and was definitely my favorite anime of the season. I'm really hoping that they do launch a second season so that I'll get to watch even more delinquents!

Also, the last episode provided more evidence for my theory that Sakura is the smartest of the main cast. Always so smug and cunning!

Tama-senpai did grow on me. I had some reservations leading up to the last episode, but she won me over at the end. Another reason to look forward to the second season is that I assume we'll get more Tama, and I'm totally OK with this. As it was said, she does indeed look better with her hair down.
Old 2014-03-25, 20:37   Link #418
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
That parade of hair fetishes. Though Takao showing up with her hair down didn't have quite the same impact in the manga.

Also LOL that Crystal Skull. A cliffhanger and NOT connected to the kids at all! XD
Old 2014-03-25, 20:42   Link #419
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
D-Frag! is over, and now I am sad.

This was a pretty amazing show. It got a lot of big laughs out of me, and was definitely my favorite anime of the season. I'm really hoping that they do launch a second season so that I'll get to watch even more delinquents!

Also, the last episode provided more evidence for my theory that Sakura is the smartest of the main cast. Always so smug and cunning!

Tama-senpai did grow on me. I had some reservations leading up to the last episode, but she won me over at the end. Another reason to look forward to the second season is that I assume we'll get more Tama, and I'm totally OK with this. As it was said, she does indeed look better with her hair down.
It's Tama-chan.

Once again, I'm reminded about the marvelous fact that I could never tell whether a development was intended foreshadowing or a whimsical move by the author.

That Indiana Jones neta crystal skull...... pfffft.

So we getting the water arc on disc? Nice.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 21:12   Link #420
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Oh my Takao with her hair down just so much better but Ataru need more screen time

8/10 wait for Funi release

Tags
bokke and tsukkomi, comedy, harem, insanity, school life, twintails