AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-04-08, 19:57   Link #20281
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Asides from the optional panel lines, don't see anything that would need major coloring for the MG 00-Raiser. Most MG's nowadays are made to be color accurate out of the box anyhow.
Yea, I thought this was the case to so I would be surprised if there was need for painting for color completeness from out of the box. Good to hear that its not likely.
Old 2011-04-09, 16:24   Link #20282
DV04

Do you guys know if these 1.7 mm pipes fit the MG Sinanju ver.ka's belt?

http://gginfinite.com/Metal-pipe-1.7...pcs-Mp17G.html
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 08:06   Link #20283
Appel

im building the new wing gundam right now... jeez, it really is a carbon copy of wing zero EW, except for some minor cosmetic changes :I but many parts like the legs or the arms are 100% the same

edit: and im done.

overall its a good kit (wing zero EW was a nice kit in the first place) but im having some issues with it:

-its wing zero EW. if you have built that one before the new wing gundam EW will be a pretty boring build for you :P

-its overlaoded with stuff. the ammo packs, the huge gun, the shield, the wings... everything gets in the way which hinders posing a lot!

-the buster rifle... because it has the older master grade hands without the pegs in the palms and the holes in the weapons it just cant hold the rifle AT ALL. because of that you are basically limited to this pose with the buster rifle resting on the ground. i will pick up some sticky tack later today, maybe that fixes the problem at least a little bit. but i really dont get why bandai didnt give us any kind of support for the rifle...
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 20:51   Link #20284
Critias

I think dalong came up with a kind of "fix" for holding the rifle, by sticking the thumb behind the handle of the gun as opposed to wrapping it around the handle as normally done. There's a pic of how it looks on his review of the kit. Just an FYI
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 06:16   Link #20285
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post
I think dalong came up with a kind of "fix" for holding the rifle, by sticking the thumb behind the handle of the gun as opposed to wrapping it around the handle as normally done. There's a pic of how it looks on his review of the kit. Just an FYI
thanks for the hint but it didnt work for me :P ill just keep it the way it is...
Old 2011-04-13, 19:21   Link #20286
DV04

Speaking of hands and rifle... is it me or does the hands of the MG Sinanju suck at holding the rifle? The individual fingers feel loose and don't grip the rifle well enough.
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 03:34   Link #20287
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
hobbylinks or hobbysearch
Old 2011-04-14, 14:10   Link #20288
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

RG Aile Strike Gundam Review(Part 1) by Gundam Guy
Old 2011-04-16, 09:09   Link #20289
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

i am new with collecting these. Is there a site where i can see which models have been made by gundam series, or at least a list of all models made.
Old 2011-04-16, 10:13   Link #20290
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
i am new with collecting these. Is there a site where i can see which models have been made by gundam series, or at least a list of all models made.
Here's one http://dalong.net/, though it doesn't contain the older kits which weren't good anyway.
Chiu_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 20:34   Link #20291
GrimmReaperNL
Oro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
Here's one http://dalong.net/, though it doesn't contain the older kits which weren't good anyway.
might want to define "older kits" a bit more.

dalong doesn't have the original FG and HG kits from the earlier series, like G gundam.

he does have a LOT of kit reviews thought, def worth checking out
Old 2011-04-16, 22:28   Link #20292
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I don't suppose any of you guys would know of...a commission model kit service would ya?

Any of you know what I mean? Buy a kit, then have a professional, or at least someone who has a grasp on the concept build and paint it for you? Does something like that even exist?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 00:54   Link #20293
yeahitschris

^ only reason why i buy kits is to build 'em. that'll take out all of the fun for me. only thing i would want someone to do is paint it and make it look more better
Old 2011-04-17, 03:53   Link #20294
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I don't suppose any of you guys would know of...a commission model kit service would ya?

Any of you know what I mean? Buy a kit, then have a professional, or at least someone who has a grasp on the concept build and paint it for you? Does something like that even exist?
They do indeed, check out DC23 Mech arts blog. Or I'd be happy to do one for you!
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 05:39   Link #20295
Appel

Quote:

i really wouldnt do it like that. its a lot more fun to build it yourself, i mean thats why you buy a model kit in the first place!^^
as for coloring, that really isnt THAT difficult if you know how to and in my opinion it mostly isnt even necessary.
plus, having it done by a professional will be very expensive! doing it yourself or just panel lining the model would be the better choice in my opinion!
Old 2011-04-17, 05:43   Link #20296
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

The time for me to get accustomed for kit building has long since passed. There is no hope for me to even be a novice at it. With my luck, I would end up breaking something before I even got the chance to build it.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 07:07   Link #20297
JC...
I am a Pie

Try it sometime, Gunpla are by far one of the most easiest model kits there is to build.

I really want to get an HGUC Gaza C... maybe I'll get two, one for each mode.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 08:57   Link #20298
Appel

Quote:
The time for me to get accustomed for kit building has long since passed. There is no hope for me to even be a novice at it. With my luck, I would end up breaking something before I even got the chance to build it.
dude, i started building those in late september last year and im as old as you are :P building these isnt more complicated than building a lego model! XD plus, im a huge klutz, i have 2 left hands! and look how my models turn out, there is a photo of my MG wing gundam on this page. (http://www.abload.de/img/foto0696vf6j.jpg) even though i hate that photo because i forgot a panel line on its knee :P

its incredibly easy to build those, i even managed to put together a perfect grade model just fine^^

Last edited by Appel; 2011-04-17 at 12:16.
Old 2011-04-17, 13:51   Link #20299
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
dude, i started building those in late september last year and im as old as you are :P building these isnt more complicated than building a lego model! XD plus, im a huge klutz, i have 2 left hands! and look how my models turn out, there is a photo of my MG wing gundam on this page. (http://www.abload.de/img/foto0696vf6j.jpg) even though i hate that photo because i forgot a panel line on its knee :P

its incredibly easy to build those, i even managed to put together a perfect grade model just fine^^
You worked your way up to PG quite fast then What I've seen of your kits looks "neater" than what I've put together up until now though (No visible nubs, nice clean panellines). I'm Jealous :P
Old 2011-04-17, 14:32   Link #20300
justavisitor

Quote:
just build it slowly then...i am the novice in model building too but I don't find any problem in building HG..of course, the model is not that smooth as I can still see those parts leftover from the plastic modelling tree...but I will just try to make the model look a bit better when I have time

I guess the most exciting part of owning the model is that you were involved in the building process...just build it slowly and apply some little touch whenever you have time and interest after you build the kit...I can't paint but sometimes I will use whatever material I have (eg sticker) and try to make the already finished product a bit better

P.S on to another topic, is RG aile strike already out?
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy