AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-03, 13:17   Link #181
Seihai
スマイリウム

Not bad but could be funnier, will be hit or miss. The wiener scene was great though. It's entertaining nevertheless so I stay tuned for the next episodes.
Old 2011-04-03, 13:26   Link #182
Dop
Mmmm....

I really enjoyed that, though at moments (Helvetica standard!) I had to ask myself if Shinbo had been moonlighting.

Quote of the day: "Arriving by goat doesn't violate school policy!"
Dop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 13:44   Link #183
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As Ascaloth has said.... what the hell did I just watch? lol

Well, at least its weird enough that I still want to watch the next episode. Then again, goat guy and robot girl were very interesting characters to me. Kinda odd with the latter, considering I usually just go meh at robot girls.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 13:55   Link #184
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Though this show isn't really bad, it won't beat Azumanga Daioh or Pani Poni Dash (the two shows this mostly reminds me of) if they keep this up. I don't mind random humor, but some jokes weren't all that funny, close to being forced (like the Malayan greeting).

The animation is gorgeous, though. Of course, I didn't really expect anything else from KyoAni. However, the show can't survive on animation quality alone, so I'm not sure if this will a huge success, like some of their previous shows.
Old 2011-04-03, 14:03   Link #185
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I can see that there will be people who love this show and people who hate it. Personally, I'm a lover. It did take until about halfway through the episode before I started to get the rhythm, but from then on it all worked for me. This is a version of my kind of absurd humor.

I like these seiyuus, too. Particularly Honda Mariko (Yuuko -- played the chairman in Seitokai no Ichizon) and Togashi Misuzu (the quiet girl -- played the sporty girl in Seitokai no Ichizon, and sang the ED to Fortune Arterial as a lead singer for Lia's group Veil). And I found the humor actually funny. Same writer (Hanada Jukki) did the adaptation here as for Seitokai no Ichizon. I loved the humor there, too.

The funniest moment for me was the shock of the skeet-shooting. Don't get that kind of belly-laugh from many animes. Certainly not from AzuDai, for me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 14:06   Link #186
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
This anime just seems like a mish mash of Azumanga Daoih and Pani Poni Dash. Didn't really like either of the series, so it isn't suprising that I don't really like this either.

I do however, find it better than K-on as it is slightly amusing at times, whilst K-on for me wasn't funny at all.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 16:47   Link #187
cyth
Banned

So lemme get this straight, this show is funny because it has correctly spoken Malay? The first episode was more boring than the OAD episode, and it didn't have the awesome la la la ED! I remember very lightly chuckling once (can't remember which joke it was already!) and a good flat out laugh at the (vice-)principal's final sketch. No offense to the creators, but I expected a bit more impact and a little less "this joke is so ambiguous you're probably not gonna get it but laugh anyway because someone else will say it's funny and you'll have to laugh or end up making a fool of yourself" comedy.

Final note, I didn't like Azumanga very much either, but it was more random and bizarre (in a good way) than this.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 17:20   Link #188
Tu101uk
~ Episode of Side A ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadia View Post
I have to remind myself before watching each episode of this show to breath enough air into my lungs to withstand the amount of laughter I need to output. I was flat-out running out of air to breath, I just lost it when the salmon hit that girls head and the other instantly reacted by dropping the fallen objects.
Thank goodness I wasn't the only one who was cracking up at that exact part... XD I don't even know why meself, it was predictable as hell but I just lost it at that moment...

Funny slice of life is funny. Obvious comparisons to one of my favourite series Azumanga Daioh, of course, (heck, there was even a "Push the button" sketch XD) but this one feels a bit more random and OTT... which could also mean it may be a bit more hit or miss. But we'll have to wait and see methinks...

I must say, I don't usually appreciate robot/android girls, but Nano is just too awesome... ^_^ And so is Mai with them epic gun skillz (sorry, odd-looking dog, that frisbee goes boom!)... :3

That's the first anime series that I'll be keeping tabs on this Spring... ^.^ Plenty more to go methinks...

O-O~

~ Current Season Favourites... :: Ano Natsu de Matteru / Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! / Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ~
Tu101uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 18:14   Link #189
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
So lemme get this straight, this show is funny because it has correctly spoken Malay?... I remember very lightly chuckling once (can't remember which joke it was already!) and a good flat out laugh at the (vice-)principal's final sketch. No offense to the creators, but I expected a bit more impact and a little less "this joke is so ambiguous you're probably not gonna get it but laugh anyway because someone else will say it's funny and you'll have to laugh or end up making a fool of yourself" comedy. Final note, I didn't like Azumanga very much either, but it was more random and bizarre (in a good way) than this.
Senses of humor just vary. For instance, I didn't find the 3-4 eps of Mitsudomoe I watched funny in the least. Even AzuDai doesn't do a lot for me. But Ichigo Mashimaro and Seitokai no Ichizon are my favorite comedy anime. Neither you nor I is a fool because our senses of humor differ.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 18:45   Link #190
Soraya21

A pleasant and entertaining first episode. It may not be rotflol funny, but it does a good enough job in inducing the occasional chuckle. Be keeping my eye on this series.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 19:58   Link #191
D-Gold
Aurum

wiener part was one of the best parts of the episode in my opinion.

3 second rule is absolute!
Old 2011-04-03, 20:52   Link #192
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voinic View Post
Who's K.Y <<
I don't get that part, who or what is K.Y. ?
Old 2011-04-03, 20:59   Link #193
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu101uk View Post
this one feels a bit more random and OTT... which could also mean it may be a bit more hit or miss. But we'll have to wait and see methinks...
In my opinion, a lot of KyoAni's slice of life series started out like this [A lot of people were like this during K-ON! and Lucky Star]. They seem to do a good job of refining their focus for both series as the series went on, so I think KyoAni will do a good job of figuring out which jokes are funny and how to deliver them as the series goes on.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 21:45   Link #194
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Might also be part of the source material. Authors get their stride as they continue on, so sometimes their early parts of a manga aren't as tightly connected and such. As they go on they add longer connected stories and figure out what jokes work and which ones really don't. Even Azumanga Daioh's manga had this trouble as it introduced characters. J.C. Staff got around this by changing the order of things a little. KyoAni seems to be doing this as well, as I can identify some of the material used in this episode was from the Second Volume, while most of it was from the early part of the First Volume. They also changed a few things so they would fit better I guess.

Covered (more or less), Chapter 1, 6, 12, and 20. (1 was altered to fit 20) I image a few more but I've not seen any of the chapters past 21 yet.
Old 2011-04-03, 21:45   Link #195
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I don't get that part, who or what is K.Y. ?

KY means kuuki yomenai, or 'can't read the mood'
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 21:47   Link #196
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Not bad but could be funnier, will be hit or miss. The wiener scene was great though. It's entertaining nevertheless so I stay tuned for the next episodes.
Old 2011-04-03, 22:46   Link #197
mikoo
Banned

Freebies:

mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 22:48   Link #198
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Freebies:
I won't be using it, but this one is gold.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 00:39   Link #199
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
WTF there's an episode 0. Watched episode 1 before 0 but it didn't make much of a difference as there wasn't much of a storyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Those were the most boring 20 minutes of my life in quite a while .. All the '' jokes '' and whatever were neither amusing or funny. Reminds me kinda of AD which I found boring and stupid as well.
This anime reminds me of Lucky Star, the animation and genre. It's a hit or miss, as many people didn't like Lucky Star in the first couple episodes but it did get better with the jokes and stuff. I hope it does well just like how Lucky Star did.
Old 2011-04-04, 01:01   Link #200
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I found the episode pretty funny thru out compared to the episode 0 being more hit or less, was enjoyable so definitely planning to keep this series and I love the ED, while the OP does fir the series for sure .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I like these seiyuus, too. Particularly Honda Mariko (Yuuko -- played the chairman in Seitokai no Ichizon) and Togashi Misuzu (the quiet girl -- played the sporty girl in Seitokai no Ichizon, and sang the ED to Fortune Arterial as a lead singer for Lia's group Veil). And I found the humor actually funny. Same writer (Hanada Jukki) did the adaptation here as for Seitokai no Ichizon. I loved the humor there, too.
I agree with you on the Seiyuus both of them seems to be doing well. And Writer might explain my enjoyment some since I loved Ichizon's style of humor .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Claimed.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life