Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-01-11, 08:13   Link #41
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
^Ah, yeah, I'm dumb. You still don't have all the knowledge necessary that why I didn't understand your point.
It's not really spoiler, so won't use spoiler tags, but criminals have their Save Point removed and go to the Gaol (prison for players) if they're killed. It's another dimension and they can't escape. (prison term is based on your crimes, and can go for years)
That's why, while there are ciminals, there isn't that much trying to do what you said. And some who actually tried are already there.
Oh, ok. That makes more sense like that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-11, 08:27   Link #42
human6861

The gameplay mechanic relate to a lots of spoils so i don't even want to post anything about it .

But i have to say that compare to games in SAO , dendrogram is much more complex . The embryo is more like Stand in jojo , strong fire power don't mean sure win .

Also the born of embryo wasn't , random luck but it base on player's self . Remember Nemesis said that she was born from his body , heart and soul ? i hope will will get more about mechanic in next episode .

Last edited by human6861; 2020-01-11 at 08:37.
human6861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-11, 17:22   Link #43
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by human6861 View Post
The gameplay mechanic relate to a lots of spoils so i don't even want to post anything about it .

But i have to say that compare to games in SAO , dendrogram is much more complex . The embryo is more like Stand in jojo , strong fire power don't mean sure win .

Also the born of embryo wasn't , random luck but it base on player's self . Remember Nemesis said that she was born from his body , heart and soul ? i hope will will get more about mechanic in next episode .
That's because powers are conceptual rather then strength based. There is no concept of weak and strong is how Dendro sells itself.

But ya questions are riddled with spoilers, which is a problem in this type of discussion.

The first question you have to ask is, do the developers even have the concept of balance placed in their game.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-11, 19:17   Link #44
4th Dimension

I have read both the volume 1 of Dendro LN and the manga adaptation and I can with confidence say the anime is somehow SIGNIFICANTLY blander than the actual thing.

For one they skip the entire thing introducing Dendro as a game and how it came about which comes through MC's thinking about things before game. I'm pretty sure during it it is mentioned that there aren't many (if at all?) other games to this level of detail, and Dendro just appeared one day online.

The cat we met during the character setup is a full blown AI person, an Dendro has many such agents in charge of various things. And this is in universe where I think superpowers have maybe a handful. Dendro is decidedly out of place.

And it's also out of place because it's "NPCs" (Tians) pretty much act and react as people would. For example there is no "Save Miss Knight's sister" quest which someone created and then Ray was lucky/unlucky to roll that one or something. It's more like it's real life. A local Tian who is sister of the Miss Knight went to buy rasberies for her sis, didn't find any because Bro bought all of them and then someone "helpfully" gave her the idea that she could use "bug spray" against insect in that forest. Only once Ray was involved did the system basically generate a quest entry for him to keep a track of it. And as Bro Bear points out, this isn't an MMO where Miss KNight will wait patiently for the player to come about to doing this. She is pretty much a person when it comes to her actions and will head to the forest as soon as she figures out her sister is there.

And they should definitely touch what happens when someone intends to like wipe a country off the map or something in the next episode. Or at least they BLOODY WELL SHOULD.

But at this point I think it's highly likely Dendro is going to be a victim of another bad adaptation that will really only serve the existing fans by animating for them some of their favorite scenes while ignoring all the background info.

Spoiler for concept spoiler, no event spoiler:

Or at least that's the idea I got from my limited knowledge of Dendro.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-11, 19:25   Link #45
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
The first question you have to ask is, do the developers even have the concept of balance placed in their game.
I am scared to think even about that.
Whatever equivalent of a game balance that Dendro has is a spoiler itself.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-11, 21:31   Link #46
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
^Ah, yeah, I'm dumb. You still don't have all the knowledge necessary that why I didn't understand your point.
It's not really spoiler, so won't use spoiler tags, but criminals have their Save Point removed and go to the Gaol (prison for players) if they're killed. It's another dimension and they can't escape. (prison term is based on your crimes, and can go for years)
That's why, while there are ciminals, there isn't that much trying to do what you said. And some who actually tried are already there.
Then what's preventing the said "criminal" from playing using another account while his original avatar is serving his/her "prison sentence"?
Old 2020-01-11, 22:57   Link #47
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Then what's preventing the said "criminal" from playing using another account while his original avatar is serving his/her "prison sentence"?
I have not read the source material but at a guess accounts might be locked by brainwave pattern or something.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-11, 23:22   Link #48
kukuru

Quote:
You are limited to one avatar per player. No other accounts can be made. Invasion of privacy laws aside, and how it works, half spoiler half TBD.
Old 2020-01-11, 23:53   Link #49
Eater of All
NOM

Yeah when the game can default the character design on your real life physique and appearance, it can probably tell you apart even if you buy a new headset. Not to mention all the things it can identify about you in the process of simulating sensory details for you. Truly the ultimate in biometric authentication.
Old 2020-01-12, 00:06   Link #50
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
Yeah when the game can default the character design on your real life physique and appearance, it can probably tell you apart even if you buy a new headset. Not to mention all the things it can identify about you in the process of simulating sensory details for you. Truly the ultimate in biometric authentication.
Well if you consider in the future where you can map the brain, ya...it's pretty unique bio rhythm.

So there's no getting around it, if it's a consumer product. Though other then some conspiracy, one would assume there would be way to make a vrmmo interface without scanning the brain.

Or could have done what apple did, and turn the fingerprint into a encoded mathematical concept that's only stored locally on the headset itself.

still novel readers will know there's a much deeper meaning in this fact.
Old 2020-01-12, 00:27   Link #51
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
Well if you consider in the future where you can map the brain, ya...it's pretty unique bio rhythm.

So there's no getting around it, if it's a consumer product. Though other then some conspiracy, one would assume there would be way to make a vrmmo interface without scanning the brain.

Or could have done what apple did, and turn the fingerprint into a encoded mathematical concept that's only stored locally on the headset itself.

still novel readers will know there's a much deeper meaning in this fact.
If there are privacy concerns, I think the headset can create a hash of the unique brainwave signature plus the game manufacturer id (to prevent cross-game tracking) and send it to the game server as a unique individual id. That raises the question of whether the headsets and/or the game themselves are hackable, but this far into the future I can imagine (hope) hardware security would be pretty rock solid.
Old 2020-01-12, 16:01   Link #52
AC-Phoenix
Detective

tbh cat wasn't the first thing I thought when seing the tutorial cat... More along the line of rabbit.
Also... that pedo bear....

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2020-01-12 at 16:11.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-12, 16:22   Link #53
Chosen_Hero

This was definitely the most generic anime of the season that I have seen so far. Why can't MCs just play the game normally without breaking it in some way in these kind of anime?
Old 2020-01-12, 16:26   Link #54
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
This was definitely the most generic anime of the season that I have seen so far. Why can't MCs just play the game normally without breaking it in some way in these kind of anime?
Something like this is pretty common in Dendro actually.
Thus pretty normal by this game's standard.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-12, 16:55   Link #55
Lex79

Quote:
Well, Ray didn't break anything, he got a rare type of embryo but that's within the parameters of the game. You might argue that this still makes him too special...but a protagonist usually has to be special in some ways in order to play an important role in the story. If you haven't watched it yet, Grimgar might be more of your liking.
Old 2020-01-13, 19:31   Link #56
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

"Log Horizon where you can log off" might be the best description for this series so far. I'm sticking around to see more of it.

EDIT: If I were to play this game given what we know about this kingdom not having a king right now, how you can do anything you want and how an advanced version of radiant AI is running all the quests and NPCs, I would level up quickly and try to break the game by destabilizing this kingdom either through assassinations of important NPCs or trying to become the king.

It's not even about enjoying PVP or killing NPCs, I'm just going to poke at things to push the game into its limit.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-13, 22:35   Link #57
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
"Log Horizon where you can log off" might be the best description for this series so far. I'm sticking around to see more of it.

EDIT: If I were to play this game given what we know about this kingdom not having a king right now, how you can do anything you want and how an advanced version of radiant AI is running all the quests and NPCs, I would level up quickly and try to break the game by destabilizing this kingdom either through assassinations of important NPCs or trying to become the king.

It's not even about enjoying PVP or killing NPCs, I'm just going to poke at things to push the game into its limit.
I'd question the game's safety before jumping in. (They're lying flat in bed like SAO's participants were doing and the game has a template of their body. That's too much info about you being given to a game.)

Besides, no way would I want to spend money on an avatar only to land in jail. I'd find a trade that allows you to travel safely to see the world instead.
Old 2020-01-14, 00:01   Link #58
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Well, Ray didn't break anything, he got a rare type of embryo but that's within the parameters of the game. You might argue that this still makes him too special...but a protagonist usually has to be special in some ways in order to play an important role in the story. If you haven't watched it yet, Grimgar might be more of your liking.
He defeated a monster that a level 200+ npc was having difficulty fighting just because he lucked out and got one good weapon from his loot gem, on his first day logging into a new game. That qualifies as game breaking from where I am standing.

Please don't recommend Grimgar to me, I dislike that show for entirely different reasons.

P.S. No frodonk, just from this episode alone I can tell that this is nowhere near to being close to a proper game world like Log Horizon.
Old 2020-01-14, 03:36   Link #59
human6861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Maidens is rare but not to the point game breaking .
What make his embryo rare is being maiden type , But his embryo main type is arm .
Next episode going to give move info about other type's embryo , i think .

his main ability is damage absorb and damage return , that's pretty common effect , i don't think it's game breaking at all . Compare to other embryo that appear later , Nemesis is pretty

also his ability is easy to counter since he is melee , it mean if you are range type then the MC is pretty much a walking target .

His ability is kind of maso , the more damage he absorb that don't kill him , the stronger damage return , so if you kill him in 1 shot then ability is useless .
human6861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-14, 18:42   Link #60
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
I'd question the game's safety before jumping in. (They're lying flat in bed like SAO's participants were doing and the game has a template of their body. That's too much info about you being given to a game.)

Besides, no way would I want to spend money on an avatar only to land in jail. I'd find a trade that allows you to travel safely to see the world instead.
You've given in to the SAO propaganda that VRMMOs are dangerous and can harm or kill you IRL, don't worry full-diving into the virtual world is 100% safe and can't harm you in any way! besides even if the game has your real life data it isn't like killing NPCs or doing PVP inside the game is illegal irl.

Nah I'd make sure nobody can trace my evil deeds back to me, overlord style

Quote:
P.S. No frodonk, just from this episode alone I can tell that this is nowhere near to being close to a proper game world like Log Horizon.
Yeah this feels more like an isekai but you can return to the normal world whenever you feel like, with focus on the NPCs. We'll see
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote