3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.37%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.74%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-10, 07:32   Link #261
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
I don't think the five deaths of Berserker were done in UBW alone.

IMO, there was one with the arrow, one with the four-blades attack, one with the 2 blades looking like angel wings.

And then, Archer mentioned something about putting 2 more blades in Berserker's chest (just before activating UBW and then, he may have done it in UBW) which would amount to 5.

I'm maybe wrong but that's the most logical thing I figured out.
Actually, the arrow attack is a moot point, because Ilya said that Berserker had to go on the defensive when he receive that arrow attack, which means that he WOULD had died if he remained at offensive mode, and avoided the fatal attack since he defended against the shot. Also, the "aftermath" of the arrow attack, so to speak, shows Berserker kneeling on the ground with his hands covering his front (hence the defending against the arrow shot), without any form of visible injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf
I think I should said it in another way. Most of his attacks were the usage of swords. In the whole series those twin swords was his main weapon. I mean... you look at the word archer and you think "Ah! Bow and arrow".
Yea, I know that, and I agree. I was even discussing that with my friend the other day on how Arcer (in f/sn) used more swords/melee weapons that a bow+arrows. Its like Caster using more physical attacks than casting magic...you get the idea.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 07:43   Link #262
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Archer is fighting aganist Berserker in a hall. Aganist such a huge oppendent in an enclosed space, you don't get much room for breathing. Of course he had to switch to melee.

But when he does wield a bow and arrow, he gets really good as demonstrated in Hollow Ataraxia where he sniped a target 3km away with perfection.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 10:10   Link #263
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazex
lol poor rin wanted something strong too. but ended up getting archer
who was strong also..(can prob own all the other servants besides saber maybe)
too bad he wasnt "best of the best" as he put it since heracles killed him in the end
although archer did kill him 5 times

Don't know what you're smoking but Heracles didn't kill him. He simply used up all his mana and disappeared. Might want to watch the episode again.

And I don't see how Saber could defend against UBW even with her insanely high luck power. Berserker just happened to be the only servant he couldn't take out, and he had to face him alone without support.
Old 2006-04-10, 11:18   Link #264
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

well on the Archer and bow subject, Archer was a victim of circumstance in this case, he was in an enclosed space sure but more importantly he had to keep Berserker and the loli there as long as possible. Judging from the speed of Berserker and the length of his weapon, should he want to engage Berserker with his bow he needs to be at a fair distance away, he could have tryed to run for it but even assuming he could gain some distance theres no telling if Berserker could have used that time to catch Rin's group. Besides those twin swords were his favourite weapon and the servant labels are pretty loose I imagine since pretty much anyone who can use a projectile weapon well can be classified as Archer......
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 11:43   Link #265
nknownspeedr

what is UBW/HF?
i know what's CR just because someone asked ^_^''

and one more thing, in the first pages you were talking about the story, that it is "fate's story". is there another story for the anime to have? i just know there's a another game of fate, hollow ataraxia. this one has another story?(well... it might have, after all is another game lol)

and about this ep, i didnt get this-> after archer died ilya said something about "how can he be defeated as much as five times?". i can't really get what she said, maybe it's the english... dunno

bye
nknownspeedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 12:18   Link #266
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by nknownspeedr
what is UBW/HF?
i know what's CR just because someone asked ^_^''

and one more thing, in the first pages you were talking about the story, that it is "fate's story". is there another story for the anime to have? i just know there's a another game of fate, hollow ataraxia. this one has another story?(well... it might have, after all is another game lol)
There are 3 storylines in the game:

Fate
Unlimited Blade Works
Heavens Feel

The anime is telling the story through the Fate scenerio.

Quote:
and about this ep, i didnt get this-> after archer died ilya said something about "how can he be defeated as much as five times?". i can't really get what she said, maybe it's the english... dunno

bye
Basically, Ilya was shocked because Archer killed Berserker five times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Yea, I know that, and I agree. I was even discussing that with my friend the other day on how Arcer (in f/sn) used more swords/melee weapons that a bow+arrows. Its like Caster using more physical attacks than casting magic...you get the idea.
Due to the nature of UBW, Archer is also a master swordsman.
Old 2006-04-10, 12:20   Link #267
Eclipze

Quote:
what is UBW/HF?
For what the 2 terms stand for:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Remember what Archer did before he died? He used UBW, his Noble Phantasm. Basically, Ilya says that Archer managed to kill Berserker 5 times with UBW (even though she didnt specifically mention it). Berserker's Noble Phantasm allows him to have a total of 12 lives, and Archer managed to kill Berserker 5 times just with 1 Noble Phantasm (UBW).

Because the 5 kills were achieved by just 1 servant (Archer), she was shocked.
Old 2006-04-10, 13:00   Link #268
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Here's what you have to remember about the job titles. It grants the user special bonuses towards a specific function like that of Archer has Eagle Eye Vision. It does not define the noble phantasm. And Heroic Spirits can be almost any job just some better suited for some than others. Like Hercules for example could have excelled at any job except Caster. Its based on the the Summoning Magician who is called forth. So just because Archer used swords does not make him much less of an Archer. His base abilites lay in Swordsmanship and Archery even before becoming "Archer".
Job titles give special bonuses basically not a finite level of performance.

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 13:08   Link #269
IMSabbel

I was wondering about that class/person conncetion...

What defines the _look_ of the character? Would a saber heracles also look like a brute with a stone club? Or would a berserk king arthur still use excalibur and wear her dress?
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 13:14   Link #270
wbc1228

Does Rin know of Archer's true identity?
wbc1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 13:14   Link #271
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSabbel
I was wondering about that class/person conncetion...

What defines the _look_ of the character? Would a saber heracles also look like a brute with a stone club? Or would a berserk king arthur still use excalibur and wear her dress?
Think 3rd ed ad&d with class lvls and prc.

Berserk can't be a sabre class becuase he doesn't use swords.

While Arthuria can be a berserker if she when berserk before.

And they look like how they want to look.
Old 2006-04-10, 14:21   Link #272
moshun

why does archer's arm go out?
moshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 14:38   Link #273
Ishun

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshun
why does archer's arm go out?
He was close to the explosion after he hit Berserk, something like that.
Ishun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 14:59   Link #274
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbc1228
Does Rin know of Archer's true identity?
No, she has no idea.
Old 2006-04-10, 15:10   Link #275
chaos_alfa

i don't hope Archer is realy dead because that means
Spoiler:
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 15:10   Link #276
Lumir

Poor Archer... Man what a way to go out. I had no idea Berserker had 12 lives, i was wondering wtf, how can he heal so fast and take all those hits. I guess he truly is the strongest servernt. So im guessing 12-5 = 7. So berserker has only 7 lives left correct?
Old 2006-04-10, 17:52   Link #277
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Yeap. Ilya was impatient to let Berserker to recover fully so he is going to fight Saber with 7 lives left.
Old 2006-04-10, 20:29   Link #278
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by F!reStr!fe
His base abilites lay in Swordsmanship and Archery even before becoming "Archer".
I dont see how Archer's heroic spirit (name shall not be mentioned) had base abilities at archery before becoming Archer? I do believe Archer's heroic spirit only gained his archery skills AFTER becoming Archer. Unless its some kind of game spoiler?

And personally, Archer would had been better if he was a Saber/Berserker class instead, since the 2 classes would enhance his capabilities (in theory anyways) in combat.
Old 2006-04-10, 20:37   Link #279
kamikazex

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa
i don't hope Archer is realy dead because that means
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 20:39   Link #280
Fire Ice
Almost dead inside...

I give this episode a perfect 10.

What can I say? Archer and his UBW...I feel kinda down, after all, he's...Dead...Yep, there ends teh era of Archer, one of the most kick ass servants...
Although Noble Phantasms are always an up...But...Why did they have to make him die so...Fast and easily?! Poor Archer...I hope Shirou'll get his revenge...I'll literally kill someone if Saber or
Spoiler:
kills Berserker.
Fire Ice is offline   Reply With Quote