AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-10-10, 04:39   Link #21
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well they've certainly up the visuals for this one, Seimei's barrier magic was extravagant to say the least.

Did the main characters' seiyuu all return?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 05:31   Link #22
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
...also did someone forget to polish the armor or something? it looks cool and all but where's the shine?
Maybe the "flat/rocky"-look was intentional given that he can't activate the armor on his own? So the Garo is kinda "incomplete" or something? Not sure though.
Old 2015-10-10, 06:47   Link #23
Shyni

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
And i'm kinda displease with how they change the Garoken blade to a Katana.
Kinda hard to see due to the lighting, but the sword looks like it changed to its usual design when Raikou moves his arm to summon the armor. Also there's this picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Did the main characters' seiyuu all return?
Some of them, at least.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 07:00   Link #24
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post
Kinda hard to see due to the lighting, but the sword looks like it changed to its usual design when Raikou moves his arm to summon the armor. Also there's this picture.
No i'm not talking about the armor one, i'm talking about the Garoken in normal state. The Garo franchise has established that the Garoken has red hilt.

http://gamu-toys.info/gangu/garo/garo1/DSC09893.JPG
http://jap-inc.com/pic-labo/garo01_02.jpg

Of course this complain was before i saw the new image in the official website. So i suppose it's a matter of time before Raikou can access the Garo armor himself.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 07:11   Link #25
Shyni

Yeah, the one in the screenshots I posted is the "normal" sword, not the armored version. The hilt's color isn't too clear in that scene because of the lighting, but the shape is closer to the usual design than the katana hilt it had in the rest of the episode.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 09:34   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Compared to the first episode of the season, that one was pretty tame. It pretty much felt like a mid-season episode rather than an actual premiere. Seimei is really cool but I'm not sold on Raikou yet.

Lost souls in the second episode? That's a new record. I'm guessing the baddie is the one who will active that form.
Old 2015-10-10, 21:12   Link #27
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well its an ok start but this Garo donst have much of an impact to him
Old 2015-10-10, 21:22   Link #28
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Was not impressed with this premiere =0\. Even w/o comparing it to the original, the male chars aren't much to right home about. They're pretty lame. Seimei, as others have already said, is a Heian version of Emma. Certainly not a bad thing, but not knowing what her drive is takes away from her character. Hope it'll be explained in due time. Will keep with it for now, since even the first season had its horribad episodes(though those were because the story/plot of the stand-alone ep was atrocious =01; not because of the chars), so hopefully its just a case of needing the chars to grow on me.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 21:32   Link #29
DMurphy

To be honest, I actually quite liked this episode.

I do understand why people didn't like it - it was pretty slow, the characters didn't make as much of an impression as they should, Garo's armour looked really weird (it did, it looked awful), and so on - but I really enjoyed the jidai geki vibes, I think Seimei is a great character (although yes, she is Heian Ema), and I thought that apart from the slightly bizarre armour, it was really nicely animated.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 02:16   Link #30
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Pretty positive first impression. The art and animation look good. Raikou's VA (I can't remember the actual actor's name) didn't come off as stiff as he did in the pv. Seimei seems fun and interesting. For some reason I'm getting Savior in the Dark and Makai no Hana vibes.
Old 2015-10-11, 17:50   Link #31
Esclair

I do like the Heian setting they're using. Too many anime just have these elements set in the modern day which takes away from the classic feel of it. Also, is that head priest supposed to be into little girls or something? That one comment about vising that girl no matter her age

Also, why did Seimei disguise herself as a little girl? From what I understand, the short hair short skirt type fashion is only used by girls who are not of marriageable age? I guess maybe the buddha carver was a lolicon too

Is this series at all connected to season 1 of Garo?
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 19:50   Link #32
The 48th Ronin

As expected of the Garo series, bewb shot at the first episode.

I love Seimei already. I don't care if she's Emma's expy. Dat battle suit.

I do wonder why Raikou's armor is sealed initially.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 14:54   Link #33
ShiroiRyu

Despite i have near no interest in this serie (for the first episode out), i'm really in love with the ending :

Old 2015-10-12, 17:51   Link #34
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 1

And just when I finished catching to the previous series so that I could watch it turns out it wasn't all that necessary.

Anyway, I thought was decent premiere even certain things feel a bit bland like the MC and Seimei seems are alright. She's pretty sassy which I like. The animation is quite good and knowing Mappa it should stay fairly constant throughout the run and their aren't enough shows nowadays with Heian era as it setting so that alone will keep my interest for the time being. At least until the characters can start to grow on me more.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 19:35   Link #35
Galaxian

Just like in everything else Garo-related, the highlight for me is Kageyama as Zaruba. Sure, he only got one line here, but I'll take whatever I can get.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 02:14   Link #36
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Just watched the first episode; after Garo in medieval Europe, now its Garo in ancient Japan.
Not sure if its intended, but the CG used for Garo gave it 'ancient product' vibe after '(knight in) shining armor' vibe used by Leon.

People seems to focused on Seimei, no wonder considering her suit in that kind of era;
Meanwhile, I found myself focused on Raikou, expecting he would yell something like "Toki wo tomare!" during his first transformation.

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 02:34   Link #37
kuromitsu

I actually really like the non-shining armor... I think it looks more cool than the all shiny one.

But I'm pretty sure it will become all shiny once he manages to overcome the reason why he can't transform on his own.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 15:50   Link #38
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Is this suppose to be a sequel to the original just further along in the time line, or is it a different story all together?
Old 2015-10-13, 20:43   Link #39
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Is this suppose to be a sequel to the original just further along in the time line, or is it a different story all together?
It's a different story. Whether or not there'll be a link the the first series might have to wait till it progresses a bit further ahead.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 14:28   Link #40
AntonKutovoi

"Minamotono", "Fujiwarano", "Katsuragino". Screw you, Funimation. Just screw you. Can't even use the bloody google now, do you?

I didn't expect Raikou to be Minamoto no Yorimitsu, though. Then again, I probabaly should've, because of Kintoki.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minamoto_no_Yorimitsu
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action