AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-12-07, 09:19   Link #6481
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorPL123 View Post
Another post from Reddit(This feature has new comments from Akira Toriyama and director Tatsuya Nagamine)

Spoiler for text from reddit:
Cooler "confirmed"!
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-07, 14:48   Link #6482
ThorPL123
King of Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Cooler "confirmed"!
Well, if they made Gogeta and Broly canon, they can make SSJ4(and Cooler as you said) canon too
Old 2018-12-07, 19:43   Link #6483
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Nice to know Vegetto and Gogeta are equals.

If they really want to, I guess they can make Coola canon. They can always come up with an explanation as to why he's never been hinted at before. At least until now. Some summaries say Frieza comments he's seen something interesting at the end of the movie, obviously alluding to fusion. And who better than his brother to fuse with?
Old 2018-12-07, 21:20   Link #6484
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorPL123 View Post
Well, if they made Gogeta and Broly canon, they can make SSJ4(and Cooler as you said) canon too
Ikari Broly (spiky hair, yellow eyes) is sorta like SSJ4... sorta.

Dont know how to feel about Gogeta being equal to Vegetto, some soources are saying they're both good trump cards, but not necessarily that one is stronger than the other.

For now, we can just assume Vegetto is stronger power level wise because there's enough evidence that points to that.
Old 2018-12-07, 23:29   Link #6485
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post

Dont know how to feel about Gogeta being equal to Vegetto, some soources are saying they're both good trump cards, but not necessarily that one is stronger than the other.

For now, we can just assume Vegetto is stronger power level wise because there's enough evidence that points to that.
Or, here’s an idea, we can just enjoy them both, nothing wrong with compromise.
Old 2018-12-07, 23:36   Link #6486
alex_drian

If Toriyama say it, who am I to refute it?

And yeah, is not so difficult to make Cooler canon, I can think of many ways.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 01:43   Link #6487
MAX_COLA_POWER!

If Cooler becomes canon, I hope he gets an un armored transformation, the golden cooler form just being the first one but with a new paint job was kind of a let down.
Old 2018-12-08, 07:00   Link #6488
ThorPL123
King of Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post

Well you might be right, it doesn't say(just that one fusion is not inferior to other one) that Gogeta is as strong as Vegetto(by power level terms) but he can be his(Vegetto's) equal by other means(duration, how long he lasts etc.)

@MAX_COLA_POWER!

I like them both equally(i prefer Vegetto's attire tho)
Old 2018-12-08, 09:47   Link #6489
DragonOsman
Dragon King

One isn't inferior to the other. I think it could be that they're telling us that they're equal in power. Tong could be right, though (but it could also be that only the duration of the fusion is different -- Gogeta lasted longer), too.

Anyway, I don't think SSJ4 is canon until they actually show it in Super or a Super movie. They still haven't done that, though Broly's Ikari form seems kind of similar ("similar" doesn't count).
Old 2018-12-08, 10:39   Link #6490
Blueknight78

well if toryama now is running full "fanservice mode"(i means make what fans are asking), then get a cooler and a SS4 can be pretty possible since both also have a huge fanbase, specially SS4 which even most of the peoples which don't liked GT the only thing they liked was SS4, which really was one of the most cool and original ideas toryama and toei had in that time.

SS4 form could be upgraded to be the "ultimate form for the sayan god after the ultra instinct whe the sayan finally reach the "perfection to be only "weak to the little god and on par/or above with all others strong ones under him.
now all we need is they fanbase start to be enough loud and we can see it happening in the future.
Old 2018-12-09, 11:13   Link #6491
ThorPL123
King of Harem

Another post from reddit, this time about ost

DB Film 20DBS: Broly OST - Track Previews Now Available! (spoilers)

Spoiler for content from reddit:

GO!!BROLY!!! GO GO GO!!

Last edited by ThorPL123; 2018-12-10 at 15:47.
ThorPL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 15:11   Link #6492
ThorPL123
King of Harem

Potentially very important info(or leak?)

Sorry for another post.

I found this on one Polish Dragon Ball Forums.

Statement of Vegeta's VA(Gianluca Iacono) from Italian dub of DBS

Link to twitter

Spoiler for Content:
Interview in Italian and google translated text

Spoiler for Interview text in Italian:

Last edited by ThorPL123; 2018-12-10 at 15:47.
Old 2018-12-10, 15:36   Link #6493
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Blueknight78: Was it really Toriyama who came up with SS4? I know he had to get involved with GT near the end but that even he couldn't actually save it. SS4 might actually have been just Toei's idea. And right now it looks like Broly's "Fake SS" form (the Ikari form) is the closest thing we're going to get to SS4 in canon (they look similar, and the explanation of the form also makes it sound kind of like SS4).

@Thor: Thanks for the info. I'll need an English translation of that interview that you posted in Italian, though, unless it's just the Italian version of an interview that was already posted earlier.
Old 2018-12-10, 15:41   Link #6494
ThorPL123
King of Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@Blueknight78: Was it really Toriyama who came up with SS4? I know he had to get involved with GT near the end but that even he couldn't actually save it. SS4 might actually have been just Toei's idea. And right now it looks like Broly's "Fake SS" form (the Ikari form) is the closest thing we're going to get to SS4 in canon (they look similar, and the explanation of the form also makes it sound kind of like SS4).

@Thor: Thanks for the info. I'll need an English translation of that interview that you posted in Italian, though, unless it's just the Italian version of an interview that was already posted earlier.
I added english google translation(it's better than nothing), as for for release date of this interview, it was relased on the 10 December(10 Dicembre 2018)

As for Toriyama and GT, i found this

Quote:
My sincerest gratitude to all those who bought this Dragon Ball GT DVD box. Being a lazy bum by nature, I was absurdly happy when I managed to safely finish up Dragon Ball’s serialization, and finally be released from Deadline Hell. The TV anime people wanted to continue for just a little bit more, but I [just couldn’t do] any more than that… And so, I left the Dragon Ball anime completely up to the anime staff, story and all. That was Dragon Ball GT.

In car lingo, GT means “Gran Turismo”: a fast, high-powered car, in other words. But in this case, I had GT mean “Grand Touring”, a great journey, since the scenario was that they’d be running around the universe.

For GT, all I did was just come up with the title, design the initial main cast and some of the machines, and also do a few images. However, I was able to rest easy handing things over to the excellent staff, who had continued on Dragon Ball for all this time. In particular, the animator Nakatsuru-kun is amazingly skilled, and mastered the peculiarities of my drawings in no time at all, to the point where there were even times when I couldn’t tell whether I had drawn a certain character design, or if he had. For instance, one of Nakatsuru-kun’s designs was “Super Saiyan 4″, which appears in GT, and the picture above is a portrait that I drew looking off it. Did I draw it well?

Dragon Ball GT is a grand side-story of the original Dragon Ball, and it’ll make me happy for us to watch and enjoy it together.

— Akira Toriyama

Last edited by ThorPL123; 2018-12-10 at 17:39.
Old 2018-12-13, 09:51   Link #6495
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So it's a side-story and he only came up with the title and drew the initial main cast, some of the machines, and a few of the images. I did read somewhere that Toriyama had to get involved at the end, so it should be true, but he didn't say anything about that here. Either it's from before that, or he just didn't mention it.
Old 2018-12-14, 17:47   Link #6496
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Beware of Wikipedia. It already has the entire plot.

My opinion about it:

Spoiler for no spoiler actually:
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-14, 18:18   Link #6497
Chosen_Hero

Just read the plot for the movie and all I will once again reiterate that I will wait for the animes version of the movie and that the movie itself MUST be taking place in an alternate yet parallel universe... Or the manga version.
Old 2018-12-14, 19:33   Link #6498
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Just read the plot for the movie and all I will once again reiterate that I will wait for the animes version of the movie and that the movie itself MUST be taking place in an alternate yet parallel universe... Or the manga version.
The movie should be worth watching for the visuals alone. The animation looks stellar. Toei would have to pull all the stops to be able to pull a Boruto with their retelling. Given their track record, I don't see it happening. The BoG and RoF retelling were atrocious.

IMO there are three different continuities: the movies', the anime's, and the manga's.
Old 2018-12-14, 20:21   Link #6499
n0m@n
C-Z

Liked the first half of the movie (some guy streamed half of the movie).
It was nice seeing power level mentioned after so long. I mean ever since the Frieza saga from 30 years ago the whole power level was never mentioned ever again in the actual media (anime and manga). Would have been interesting if they revealed the current character's power-level so all these fan theory about character's power levels would be rejected.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-14, 21:35   Link #6500
SilverGlavenus

How would MUI Goku fare against Broly, I wonder.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy