Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-06-25, 18:40   Link #1481
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Images
Neptune VII Scans
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The new form is called "NEXT form". I believe more info should come very soon.
those new forms for the goddesses are great but what really got me here is though two new characters they showed here, that robot ninja and that giant mech knight look amazing definitely better than the villians in v (yes i'm assuming they're villains)
Old 2014-06-25, 19:02   Link #1482
rladls2121

It is been bugging me.
Why is Neptune looks so grown up?
Putting new designing reasons aside, is it the same Neptune we all know about? Or Neptune that we never seen before?

In Rebirth series, characters like MAGES, TEKKEN, and maybe FALCOM knew Neptune because they already met the Neptune from an another dimention.
I was thinking if this Neptune is the Neptune who is a grown-up normal human.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 19:13   Link #1483
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I'm assuming the redesigns are supposed to represent the new generation of consoles. AKA Playstation 4, Wii U and Xbox One.
Looks that way, probably only appearance-wise since I think it's a bit too early to make a story based on the next-gen consoles. The new consoles only came out quite recently after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
It is been bugging me.
Putting new designing reasons aside, is it the same Neptune we all know about? Or Neptune that we never seen before?

In Rebirth series, characters like MAGES, TEKKEN, and maybe FALCOM knew Neptune because they already met the Neptune from an another dimention.
You meant the "mature" human form Neptune? IIRC it was stated before that she's from a different dimension and not a CPU.

------
I see Strike Freedom Gundam-esque wings for Noire's NEXT form, inverse Yatogami Tohka in one of Neptune's NEXT form concept arts, and Uzume herself looks quite similar to the Yamai spirits.
Old 2014-06-25, 19:13   Link #1484
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
It is been bugging me.

If it's the older-looking Nep clad in the black Parka dress you're talking about, she's the Zero Dimension one, whom we haven't seen before. I presume she's friends with Uzume.
Old 2014-06-25, 19:28   Link #1485
rladls2121

Zero Dimension, I did not read the info.
I was misled.

I was thinking in about different Neptune in Victory.
In Victory's true ending at the very end, Croire got caught by "Neptune" possibly? In the net and been taken away.
Croire thought it was "Neptune" but that "Neptune" did not know her.
So "Neptune" in Victory's another dimension exist and did not become CPU since she did not find the Crystal.

I wonder if this new series have bad endings, even more darker tone than the ones in Mk2 and Rebirth 2.
Old 2014-06-25, 21:33   Link #1486
shadow1296

Images
Old 2014-06-25, 21:53   Link #1487
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Is that Arfoire?

Quote:
Zero Dimension, I did not read the info.
I was misled.

I was thinking in about different Neptune in Victory.
In Victory's true ending at the very end, Croire got caught by "Neptune" possibly? In the net and been taken away.
Croire thought it was "Neptune" but that "Neptune" did not know her.
So "Neptune" in Victory's another dimension exist and did not become CPU since she did not find the Crystal.

I wonder if this new series have bad endings, even more darker tone than the ones in Mk2 and Rebirth 2.
Haven't finished Victory yet so I don't really know about that. IIRC it was stated that this Neptune VII isn't a sequel of Victory.

Regarding the ending... can't say for sure. It seems the developers dropped the idea for future games due to people's reaction of mk2's conquest ending (they even modified it in re;birth2 as well), but the overall atmosphere of VII looks quite dark for sure, so who knows.
Old 2014-06-25, 22:31   Link #1488
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Regarding the ending... can't say for sure. It seems the developers dropped the idea for future games due to people's reaction of mk2's conquest ending (they even modified it in re;birth2 as well), but the overall atmosphere of VII looks quite dark for sure, so who knows.
Well, the conquest ending itself wasn't modified. I've been hearing/reading of a different path from conquest. That they made another alternative that goes off the same path of conquest. Just with different conditions to complete. Which is probably what you're referring to when you say modified.

Just passing by to say, that Neptune design. I'm really, really on my seats waiting to insta-love the human Neptune anytime now.

Last edited by Hooves; 2014-06-25 at 22:45.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 23:08   Link #1489
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Just passing by to say, that Neptune design. I'm really, really on my seats waiting to insta-love the human Neptune anytime now.
That's something I've been thinking about. Is this good ol' Nep-nep, or is it new Nep after getting powers because of plot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Surprised this hasn't been put up yet... This week's Dengeki PlayStation also showed off Uzume's 3D model. Mariko Honda has been revealed as Uzume's voice actor, notable for her roles in Nichijou, Robot Girls Z and the recent Atlier anime.
There's another important role to mention: She voiced Kurimu in Seitokai no Ichizon.

Yes, Uzume will be voiced by Kaichou's VA.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 07:11   Link #1490
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Not surprisingly, the CPU Candidates will also be joining the fray in Neptune U!

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!

If I remember right, there's also the different bonuses for Neptune U with the different retailers (in addition to the two drama CDs with the limited edition), similar to a few of the previous Neptunia Vita games. Of particular note is the different duo drama CDs you can get- namely Noire & Ram (いまじん), Vert & Uni (ebten / エビテン), Neptune & Rom (Sofmap / ソフマップ) and Blanc & Nepgear (WonderGOO). Fairly certain there's going be that one guy that's gonna buy four copies of the game from these retailers just to get all the drama CDs...

Looks like there's an artbook out for Noire's Vita game as well:
Old 2014-06-26, 08:31   Link #1491
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I hope the candidates are in VII as well. Or I'll be pretty disappointed.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 09:05   Link #1492
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well, the conquest ending itself wasn't modified. I've been hearing/reading of a different path from conquest. That they made another alternative that goes off the same path of conquest. Just with different conditions to complete. Which is probably what you're referring to when you say modified.
Ah, I see. I must've misread then (I don't have the game). So basically there's another ending variant branching from the alternative 6th chapter then. Thanks for the correction.

----

Upon a closer look at Neptune's NEXT form, the power button (I/O symbol) motif in her eyes are gone and they're cross-shaped instead(+/O symbol? ). Interesting.
Old 2014-06-28, 13:16   Link #1493
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
I hope the candidates are in VII as well. Or I'll be pretty disappointed.
Nepgear was mentioned in Uzume's quote in the original unveil article, that's all for now.

Quote:
Ah, I see. I must've misread then (I don't have the game). So basically there's another ending variant branching from the alternative 6th chapter then.
Yes, it's called Seiken (Holy Sword) Ending. It requires another set of conditions once the Domination/Conquest path has begun.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-28, 14:28   Link #1494
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Nepgear was mentioned in Uzume's quote in the original unveil article, that's all for now.
She was? awesome. Hope she gets a NEXT form, as well.
Old 2014-06-28, 14:43   Link #1495
rladls2121

Other question is, will Falcom, MAGES., and Tekken will appear in VII?
It is mentioned in Rebirth that these three can travel through dimensions and knew Neptune in Rebirth is not the Neptune they met in the previous dimension.
This explains why they could not help Neptune with memory loss even though they know what kind of person Neptune is.

I wish Rebirth 2 has more changes in story because it was not entertaining as first Rebirth game.
I had lot of laughs in Rebirth.
Neptune's interations with Noire's fake memory loss, IF loves for Vert, and those two brothers attitudes towards Blanc.
Rebirth 2 seems not changed at all in terms of story.

Nepgear was more interesting in Victory that mk2 and Rebirth 2 is lacking.
Same goes for Uni, Rom, and Ram.
Old 2014-06-28, 15:03   Link #1496
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

hm I liked mk2 out of all of them the most personally and would rate it as mk2 > Victory > N1.
Old 2014-06-28, 17:41   Link #1497
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I wish Rebirth 2 has more changes in story because it was not entertaining as first Rebirth game.
I had lot of laughs in Rebirth.
Neptune's interations with Noire's fake memory loss, IF loves for Vert, and those two brothers attitudes towards Blanc.
Rebirth 2 seems not changed at all in terms of story.
Well.. Let's just say that the first Neptunia game wasn't exactly planned out to continue. The story had a decent follow-through and such, but Compile Hearts wasn't exactly thinking of making the sisters (which they weren't in the first game at all if I recall), and the story was all over the place when you try to compare it to future Neptunia games. I believe even the ending was trying to make a perfect conclusion to the series. Which makes me think they tried to fix it in Victory when they introduced the exact, same introduction, just with a better follow-up. Or maybe that was just to make a funny reference.

Compile Hearts wanted to fix the story/characters/etc fiasco they created, simply due to a lack of future planning. Heck, even the combat system was very annoying in the first game, that MK2 was a blessing. So I noticed a lot of changes (especially the god blessed combat system) when I compare Hyperdimension Neptunia and Re;Birth.

But, I also wish Re;Birth 2 has more changes to the story... Well just a tad bit in certain sectors. So yeah, they had a lot of areas to improve in Re;Birth. Which probably gave them the flexibility to improve lots of things, especially characters.

Last edited by Hooves; 2014-06-28 at 17:52.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 22:09   Link #1498
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Neptunia U gameplay trailer:

Old 2014-07-03, 04:04   Link #1499
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

What are the bonuses for the limited edition version?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 06:12   Link #1500
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
What are the bonuses for the limited edition version?
Looks like it's two drama CDs (one for the CPUs and the other for the CPU Candidates), and a cleaning cloth with the art of the limited edition cover.

Oh yeah, here's a translation for the info on the Uzume page I posted earlier:

Tags
ps vita, ps3, rpg