AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-09-19, 02:38   Link #241
Alchemist007
*Author

I mean time doesn't pass but as the MS user wants, he could've done it in 99 days in .01 second.
Old 2009-09-19, 02:42   Link #242
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I mean time doesn't pass but as the MS user wants, he could've done it in 99 days in .01 second.
Like james said, maybe he´s not that good in Tsukuyomi yet.
Black flames are cooler anyway, I´d focus on training them first, too.^^
Old 2009-09-19, 03:02   Link #243
Alchemist007
*Author

Well its certainly flashy...but how about Amaterasu in the Tsukuyomi?!
Old 2009-09-19, 03:15   Link #244
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
I love it, but unless it was intended, I have one small nitpick since I'm a Temari fangirl. She has dark green eyes.

I bet you anything Shikamaru with his group comes across a bloodied and beaten Temari, and in his best William Shatner from Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan, will scream "SASUKEEEEEEE!"

True. Sasuke has become uglier which might be Kishi's intention. Blood pouring out of your eye is not sexy. Neither are those silly "evil" faces he makes. Gaara on the other hand is looking hotter and hotter.
Heh, alrighty. Green eyes it is.

Oh, and I did her nose again, it was a bit.. square-ish.

Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 03:37   Link #245
noven

Send a message via AIM to noven
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
Heh, alrighty. Green eyes it is.

Oh, and I did her nose again, it was a bit.. square-ish.

Spoiler for image:
very nice work
Old 2009-09-19, 03:51   Link #246
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Good job noticing the nose, I thought it was just me

Quote:
Well its certainly flashy...but how about Amaterasu in the Tsukuyomi?!
That would be awesome, flames eating him away for eternity...practically a living hell! I suppoooose that Tsukuyomi takes a large amount of concentration, being such a powerful genjutsu, and Sasuke is everyone's enemy at the moment, so he can't afford to focus on one enemy and get pwned by the rest of them.
Does anyone think that the Tsuchikage is going to do anything at all in this conflict? For an assumed warmonger he is most certainly silent...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 04:46   Link #247
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaawa-chan View Post
^ Each Sharingan/MS may have some sort of unique ability, too- though that's pure speculation on my part- because of Kakashi's T/S stuff and Sasuke's Amaterasu spacial re-composition and such...

In one of his most recent interviews, he said that Gaara was his favorite- or one of; I can't quite recall- and before that, it was Shikamaru.

Naruto's chapter 464 was pleasant; the art was good for the most part, especially the panels with Gaara and Sasuke. There was an error in one panel where the Raikage was drawn missing the wrong arm. XD

As a Gaara fan, there are multiple things to take note of in this chapter.

1) Gaara's sand can block Amaterasu, which is quite possibly the most dangerous katon. Whether or not it damages his sand remains to be seen, but if it hasn't, then Gaara has fiery sand to use for seven days.

2) Gaara's control over the sand has not been affected at all by Shukaku's extraction, it seems, though I am curious about whether or not the auto-defense is still in place, as this was not made clear. Tbh, I'm surprised that Gaara did not use that 'Rendan: Suna Shigure' technique or some variation of it against Deidara... probably because Deidara would have been in deep shit if he had. O_o

3) Gaara demonstrated yet again his verbal eloquence and diplomatic skills. Despite being a 'brat,' he shows that he is by far the most competent leader we've seen.

4) Gaara's relationship with his siblings seems a bit odd. I believe that what they said hurt him. The only problem I have ever had with their characters was their initial abandonment of Gaara when they were children, and I excused it because they were just that: children. But this sort of behavior seems insensitive that it makes me wonder if they learned anything at all from their past experiences. Their willingness to give up and even try to persuade Gaara to stop trying is counterproductive at best and dangerous at worst. That said, it is obvious that they care for and are worried about him. I find it interesting that he took their advice so passively. Perhaps he was unwilling to disagree with them in that situation, but it seems more like he doesn't want to be confrontational with them.
I'm also surprised that they would say something to the effect of, 'if Naruto couldn't persuade him, you sure as Hell can't.' It is foolish and more than a little insulting to Gaara, because if Sasuke were to listen to ANYONE, it would be Gaara. Gaara isn't his rival or a family member; Sasuke has nothing against him, no reason to antagonize him, and some amount of respect for him. They empathize with one another, perhaps more than Sasuke ever did with Naruto. Which brings me to...

5) Gaara's dynamic with Sasuke. I've told people many times before that more than anything else, I wanted some form of verbal confrontation between Sasuke and Gaara that tied in with their previous conversations. Is that a 'Wish granted!' I hear from Japan?
I only lament that Temari and Kankuro cut it short. The resulting conversation could have made for one of the greatest dialogue pieces in the series. It was damn good as it was.
I won't bore you with some analysis on why Gaara teared up as it's already been done to death by many others. I can only add that it was a long time coming. Oh, and that fanfic writers who like Gaara are having a ball now that crying Gaara is no longer as OoC as some thought. *Throws confetti.*

My only real complaints with the chapter were:

1) Sasuke was a prick and got a powerup... again. He sneered, bragged, and sneered some more. Someone kick this loser's ass. DX
2) Temari and Kankuro interrupted the conversation between Sasuke and Gaara.
3) No concrete confirmation on whether or not the auto-defense remains and whether or not Amaterasu is damaging Gaara's sand.
4) I'm really starting to dislike the Tsuchikage. He needs to wipe that fucking smirk off his face.

Good chapter and I really hope that we get to see the Sand Siblings- or at least one of them- kick ass. Go, go, go!
First of all...i didn't like Gimly at first either but don't hate the little man for smiling! (actually i don't like him either ) As for Gaara's sand being able to defend against Ameterasu i tought of a couple things... but the most realistic thing is that Sand if used properly can shut out air...oxygen. Which is a basic for a flame. Without it there is nothing to burn. And the other was the idea that Gaara's sand involves both wind and earth element.

As for point 4. It's probably because Gaara is the Kazekage. Therefore as Temari said he cannot let his emotions run wild. If the Kazekage fails then what of the other sand shinobi? He as kage is an example to others. The commander, the leader on the battlefield and in their villages.
Old 2009-09-19, 06:07   Link #248
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Rofl for the Sasuke's troll .

Well , Intense fight . Raikage lost one arm ahah take that .
Gaara's team + the black guy vs Sasuke . Sasuke used Susanoo . (ow , he bleed a lot though)

Don't see where we can say that Sasuke's ameratsu is stronger than Itachi ???
Remember that Itachi was ill .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 07:11   Link #249
Kafriel
Senior Guest

We're always taking into account facts, so Itachi's potential strength, while probably ranking in the top charts of the narutoverse, will remain forever unknown, unless Madara gets a flashback fight against him sometime in the future. Thus, it is safe to say that Sasuke's enton is stronger than Itachi's normal amaterasu.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 08:53   Link #250
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

But what is about to happen even if Sasuke wins? A massive orgy on Karin since Sasuke, Suigetsu and Juugo are all pretty badly injured. Karin is the only one who's still (for the moment) okay. Seems like all the boys want to bite her now....jeez...that's gotta be literally sexual healing ..Marvin must've been talking about this..

I can't see them all escape unless they are all healed like that and/or Madara saves them all but why should he? Only Sasuke matters to him and i like to know if he would no longer care for his comrades.
Old 2009-09-19, 11:55   Link #251
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
But what is about to happen even if Sasuke wins? A massive orgy on Karin since Sasuke, Suigetsu and Juugo are all pretty badly injured. Karin is the only one who's still (for the moment) okay. Seems like all the boys want to bite her now....jeez...that's gotta be literally sexual healing ..Marvin must've been talking about this..

I can't see them all escape unless they are all healed like that and/or Madara saves them all but why should he? Only Sasuke matters to him and i like to know if he would no longer care for his comrades.
Kabuchimaru´s gonna arrive and make things even worse. Unfortunately, in the occruing ruckus Team Hebi will be given a chance to escape.

Would love that scenario, but honestly what would be Kabuchimaru´s role in the current plotline anyway? Guess he´s next after Madara, but I don´t know.
Old 2009-09-19, 14:10   Link #252
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Why does Gaara still have his tanuki eye lines he can go to sleep now so why doesnt he lose it...or is he using temari's eyeliner a bit too much

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 15:22   Link #253
Gaawa-chan
Determined to know beans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Why does Gaara still have his tanuki eye lines he can go to sleep now so why doesnt he lose it...or is he using temari's eyeliner a bit too much
DB3 states that he will always have the eye marks and the use of his sand.

Kishi hasn't told us if he can sleep now or not, but I'd assume he can as there's no longer any reason why he shouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
First of all...i didn't like Gimly at first either but don't hate the little man for smiling! (actually i don't like him either ) As for Gaara's sand being able to defend against Ameterasu i tought of a couple things... but the most realistic thing is that Sand if used properly can shut out air...oxygen. Which is a basic for a flame. Without it there is nothing to burn. And the other was the idea that Gaara's sand involves both wind and earth element.
Makes sense but we don't know if Amaterasu feeds on oxygen like normal flames or if it feeds on chakra, and a wind element would actually strengthen normal flames... maybe? We don't know if the sand even has an element; it's never been touched on.

Quote:
As for point 4. It's probably because Gaara is the Kazekage. Therefore as Temari said he cannot let his emotions run wild. If the Kazekage fails then what of the other sand shinobi? He as kage is an example to others. The commander, the leader on the battlefield and in their villages.
Yes, I know. Something about it still seemed odd to me.
Gaawa-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 15:26   Link #254
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah, really sexy bleeding out of your eye and generally being a dick.
I love the sexy eye blood. OH! It's so wonderful. jkjk

Sasuke = Ready to rape everyone. <3 Susanoo
Old 2009-09-19, 15:41   Link #255
epyon96

Quote:
DB3 states that he will always have the eye marks and the use of his sand.

Kishi hasn't told us if he can sleep now or not, but I'd assume he can as there's no longer any reason why he shouldn't.

Then again, going 16 years of your life without getting proper sleep messes up sleep cycles so I imagine Gaara is not quite napping like a normal person.

He probably needs a sleep therapist like Kabuto with his sleep jutsu.

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 15:59   Link #256
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Gaara can definetly sleep but i think he has adapted to the fact that he can't sleep.
The only way for him to sleep now is....his forced sleep technique ...you know i really wish i had that ability. Could come in handy especially since my schedule is always different and i normally sleep around a certain time to end up waking up half asleep.

Sasuke just needs a forced "hug jutsu" i'd be nice if it was Kurenai and Kakashi doing that.
They are seem the only ones who seem good for the title foster parents ...

Ino, Sakura and Temari need a little bit of:
Imadori Sousuke [School Rumbles true pimp]

Except that he would only be interested in LEVEL "D"
Old 2009-09-19, 17:17   Link #257
noven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah, really sexy bleeding out of your eye and generally being a dick.
Girls are drawn to guys that act like dicks. It's practically a guarantee that a douche bag will get more girls than a nice guy. As a 3rd year college student i can attest to this personally.
Old 2009-09-19, 20:46   Link #258
Gaawa-chan
Determined to know beans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noven View Post
Girls are drawn to guys that act like dicks. It's practically a guarantee that a douche bag will get more girls than a nice guy. As a 3rd year college student i can attest to this personally.
Most of the girls in my family and my friends would disagree.
Gaawa-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 23:04   Link #259
noven

Quote:
Most of the girls in my family and my friends would disagree.
Oh they'll all disagree if it's asked directly like that, but actions speak louder than words.
Old 2009-09-20, 06:18   Link #260
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Great, Now we have gaara crying for sasuke too. Well the fangirls will love it i guess.

Cant wait for the weekly sasuke power up this week as well. Where he'll manage to defeat most of the kage's in the end.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote