AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-09-26, 22:33   Link #221
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The Star Wars reference makes so much sense. XD
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 23:06   Link #222
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The Star Wars reference makes so much sense. XD
TRUE!

the creator of naruto has no originality in making anime... haha

joke!
Old 2009-09-27, 00:59   Link #223
qwertyuiopz

mizukage is having an orgy...what a load she threw at sasuke
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 02:19   Link #224
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
I think he is completely justified to make a run for it. I don't think he's just running away from Sasuke. I think, like he said earlier, he took advantage of the distraction to get out of the sorry mess Ao put him in. He needed a way out after his power to alter the meeting was found out. Either way, he was going to get it.

But in Konoha, they don't know what happened there. And I doubt any of the people at the Kage meeting are going to send diplomats over there to find out, by fear of them getting killed off.

Y'know what? To me this smells like War, and I think that's exactly what Danzou wanted. Because regardless, the village is going to need -someone- to lead them into it in hopes that they win, and Tsunade being incapacitated, Naruto, Kakashi and Yamato abroad, there's going to be little to stop this war escalating.

That's when the fines lines are going to blur and Danzou will truly become Hokage.
The way I see it, Danzou wanted a unification of all the villages with him as its leader by force. That's why he was using his Sharingan's power to influence the other Kage's thoughts as well as Mifune's. The plan ended up backfiring in the end. I doubt Danzou wanted to wage war with the other villages because it's doubtful that on its own and ravaged after Pain's attack, Konoha would actually survive the wrath of at least 3 other villages, including powerful ones like the Cloud, what with Raikage having as much chakra as a Bijuu, and the Mist boasting of at least 4 legendary swordsmen, a few of which are bound to be close to Kage level at the very least.

As much as I don't like the guy, I doubt Danzou actually wanted war, but the steps he took, if they failed, would lead to war because of their extremety. Rather than running away, Danzou should've taken steps to try and rebuild the trust he had with the other Kages at first. True, the alliance was finished the moment everyone found out about his Sharingan, but helping Mizukage fight Sasuke might've avoided war with the other nations.

I agree with you about Gaara though. I'm also pretty sure he will tell Naruto and the others about Danzou and Sasuke's attack in order to prevent war, which will give the Jounin another reason to drag Danzou off the throne he forcefully took over, and hopefully that dumass firelord will see reason and opt for Kakashi if Tsunade still hasn't recovered.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 03:56   Link #225
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiopz View Post
The legendary shemale bloodline?
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 05:46   Link #226
rajin
Banned

Danzo is a old fox. He wants only power

first of all his aim was to be hokage of the village

then he would had tried to get position of lord of fire country

then he might join madara and then he would have kill all the kage's and join all the countries into one

hence rule the world
rajin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 06:00   Link #227
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajin View Post
Danzo is a old fox. He wants only power

first of all his aim was to be hokage of the village

then he would had tried to get position of lord of fire country

then he might join madara and then he would have kill all the kage's and join all the countries into one

hence rule the world
Signature too big, you should remove it or tone it down to the limits allowed by animesuki before you get a warning

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 06:23   Link #228
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

IMHO, fire lord doesn't fit Danzou. /offtopic

It was too rash of Danzou. He relies too much on his Sharingan and has lost pretty much many aspects of his past as a "veteran". As a "veteran", he should have thought of all possible ends of his actions. Instead, he assumed everyone is inferior to him only because he managed to survive Pain's wrath and because he is the current Hokage (which he got only because Tsunade can't defend her title on her own).

I hope someone would sucker-punch him into learning that he doesn't deserve anything he has right now.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 08:36   Link #229
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
Sharingan can't gouge other peoples strength. thats why sasuke vs deidara, sasuke was like you are stronger than i thought after fighting with him for a few minutes. Itachi ran from jiraiya because Itachi loves Leaf village, why would he take out a Sannin... it would do leaf no good. the only leaf people itachi ever killed was the uchihas cause it was an order.
Well, that and Itachi was ill. Maybe he was in no condition to actually fight Jiraiya. Jiraiya had his Sage chakra and we have only once seen him fight – unprepared and uninformed. I think he could've fought even better than Naruto if he had had enough information on Pain. Not only was he able to sync with Fukusaku, he had also trained for many years and learned a lot of sage techniques.

But that doesn't matter since both, Itachi and Jiraiya, in fact had similar goals.
Old 2009-09-27, 09:12   Link #230
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Well, that and Itachi was ill. Maybe he was in no condition to actually fight Jiraiya. Jiraiya had his Sage chakra and we have only once seen him fight – unprepared and uninformed. I think he could've fought even better than Naruto if he had had enough information on Pain. Not only was he able to sync with Fukusaku, he had also trained for many years and learned a lot of sage techniques.

But that doesn't matter since both, Itachi and Jiraiya, in fact had similar goals.
Yeah, while Naruto learned how to perfectly integrate Sage chakra with his own and achieve perfect Sage mode, he could not use it for extended time periods like Jiraya because he could not fuse with Fukusaku. Jiraya would've done better than Naruto against Pain if he was under the same conditions as Naruto. That's the reason I believe Naruto isn't oh so overpowered. He's still imperfect in many ways.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 13:32   Link #231
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Actually not only Naruto has perfected Sage-mode but his way of keeping it for extended period of time is better than Jiraiya's (or any other Sage in history for that matter) because he can do it by himself and as long as he has Kage Bunshin somewhere.
During his fight with Pain Naruto went Sage-mode 4 times.

There is a reason Kishimoto Gamabunta and Fukasaku stated Naruto had surpassed Jiraiya and Minato.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Sasuke is arrogant and reckless with his gift. We've already seen that through the course of his battle with Raikage. He's always thought himself above everybody else since he was first introduced in the Naruverse.
Arrogant and reckless sure, but he has never thought to be above everybody else, in fact it's exactly the opposite he lived nearly all his life in the shadow of his more powerful brother. He also directly admited Zabuza, Kakashi, Orochimaru, Naruto (after his the fight with Gaara) and a few others were stronger than himself.
Sasuke is obssessed with the idea of getting stronger to reach his goal but what he places over alll is the Uchiha clan in general, not his own strength.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 13:36   Link #232
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Arrogant and reckless sure, but he has never thought to be above everybody else, in fact it's exactly the opposite he lived nearly all his life in the shadow of his more powerful brother. He also directly admited Zabuza, Kakashi, Orochimaru, Naruto (after his the fight with Gaara) and a few others were stronger than himself.
Sasuke is obssessed with the idea of getting stronger to reach his goal but what he places over alll is the Uchiha clan in general, not his own strength.
Yeah but he did say that anyone who disagrees with his path (which is pretty much everyone at this point) simply doesn't understand and he will teach them if he has too. I'm sure that's thinking yourself above others to some extent
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 13:41   Link #233
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah but he did say that anyone who disagrees with his path (which is pretty much everyone at this point) simply doesn't understand and he will teach them if he has too. I'm sure that's thinking yourself above others to some extent
No it is making those who think lesser of him for doing what he is doing understand by doing the same back to them. What he is basically saying is if you think I am wrong for doing so and so see how much of a hypocrite you are if I do the same to you.

The only way for someone to truly understand something is to go through it themselves that is the whole point of the Pain fight and I think if the Raikage knew what Sasuke wants same with Naruto and other ninjas they would act a bit differently.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 14:21   Link #234
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
The only way for someone to truly understand something is to go through it themselves that is the whole point of the Pain fight and I think if the Raikage knew what Sasuke wants same with Naruto and other ninjas they would act a bit differently.
Actually Naruto wanted to understand Pain by hearing what he went through. By listening to Pain. You don't have to go through something to understand another. Both Pain and Naruto may have started in the same way, but what they went through are a lot different.

The same is also true for others. As long as they have a desire to understand another, they will do so. Raikage is quite similar to Sasuke, in that aspect, as a nice example of what not to do. Not caring about what happens to others. Not caring about what others have to say. Gaara said a very nice thing about those, losing their hearts or so. Sasuke is going the same direction, as those heartless kages of the old age.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 14:24   Link #235
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Not really, he was making a point he had already made to Kakashi just before he left Konoha with the Sound 4 : it's easy to tell someone to give up revenge when you never lost anyone and he would like to see people saying the same thing to his face if he was the one who had murdered all those they cared about.

That was probably the whole point of Naruto deciding to spare Nagato at the end of their fight, Naruto actually did give up on revenge despite his rage in front on the guy who had killed Jiraiya, Kakashi and destroyed his village.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 15:07   Link #236
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
That was probably the whole point of Naruto deciding to spare Nagato at the end of their fight, Naruto actually did give up on revenge despite his rage in front on the guy who had killed Jiraiya, Kakashi and destroyed his village.
What I would like to know is whether the others in Konoha who believe in and will believe in Naruto will hold onto Naruto's ideal or not. In other words, will they forgive Sasuke at the end, assuming Sasuke continues full speed ahead on the dark path without even looking back once?

Aanother thing, if Nagato would not have used that jutsu in the end to wake up the dead, would the people's belief in Naruto have suffered a big hit considering Naruto's desire to understand Nagato and his decision to forgive him at the end? Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to observe this kind of scenario, which may make things a bit difficult for Naruto in the future.
Old 2009-09-27, 15:29   Link #237
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Aanother thing, if Nagato would not have used that jutsu in the end to wake up the dead, would the people's belief in Naruto have suffered a big hit considering Naruto's desire to understand Nagato and his decision to forgive him at the end? Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to observe this kind of scenario, which may make things a bit difficult for Naruto in the future.
Would the villagers hold Naruto responsible if he had simply let Nagato go (and Nagato did not immediatly die)? Yes, of course they would. This is a group of people that "killed" Kakashi's father because he failed an important mission, and they ostracized a young boy simply because he was the prison for a demon. So, of course they would have sought Naruto's death for not giving them some form of revenge.

Kishimoto undoubtedly realzed this, which is why he did kill of Nagato, and to sweeten the deal (and to prove, within the universe at least, that good deeds do have good rewards) Nagato brought back everyone that had died, effectively making Naruto's decision look like the absolute best course of action possible (while I certainly believe that diplomacy is the best option, the Nagato finale takes this to the extreme).

Last edited by james0246; 2009-09-27 at 16:56. Reason: some spelling errors...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 16:47   Link #238
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

If they were to live in a simplistic world, you are right, that is what would have happened.

However, it has been a long time since things like that have happened. And considering that the leader-4 didn't even have the courage to make people understand their actions about the Uchiha massacre. It is not as easy as it looks. People's emotions, and their actions triggered by those emotions. There may not be a single answer in the changing times. Yet, the answer they will have at the end may resemble to exactly what Naruto had sought.

And, think of this. About Naruto. If the villagers were to know that Naruto was Yondaime's kid, the kid of the Hokage they followed and admired, would they have changed their opinion about him? There is no simple answer. Because, at that time, they will be exposed to the conflict of bad and good in them. Good because of what Yondaime did to save them, and bad because the source of their losses still continuing to live among them.

In my view, the eyes they use to see do not lack any colors. They only need guidance to see the right colors. The conflict they would have after Naruto's decision, and the impact of that on people with losses... I would have liked to see how all of these would affect the way people live their lives. Especially after all those past sins, and emotional stories are being shared by all. To see their reactions to their own faults in the past creating such demons to hunt them.

Yes, that would mean, the growth we may observe will not be solely limited to Naruto, making its uniqueness disappear, but the random mix of emotional and rational scenes would make the story much more profound. Making the people an integral part of it.
Old 2009-09-27, 19:50   Link #239
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiopz View Post
Yea.. and that's by looking at him too. XD Wow Sasuke you are so handsome to the point where you don't need to even touch.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 00:18   Link #240
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
I hereby flag Mizukage for sexual content.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion