Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-02, 03:37   Link #221
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Is Portable Ops works playing then? I was going to play that before i get around to Peacewalker, just to do them in order.
Yeah pretty much since you can buy it for 8 dollars anyway ^^
Old 2010-08-02, 03:37   Link #222
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Is Portable Ops works playing then? I was going to play that before i get around to Peacewalker, just to do them in order.
It's not essential. But if you want to enhance your PW experience, you are welcome to do so.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 04:28   Link #223
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanks very much for the information guys. Can pick it up for seriously cheap here, so i'll do just that today.
Old 2010-08-02, 04:31   Link #224
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

Quote:
Thanks very much for the information guys. Can pick it up for seriously cheap here, so i'll do just that today.
If you have a PSN account you can buy it for 8 dollars, unless you find it for less
Old 2010-08-02, 04:40   Link #225
Haseo 360

Send a message via MSN to Haseo 360
I hope that Metal Gear Solid: peacewalker will be greatthe trailer was amazing I hope that the gameplay will be awesone
Haseo 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 05:02   Link #226
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana-tan87 View Post
If you have a PSN account you can buy it for 8 dollars, unless you find it for less
I'd rather own my games instead of downloading them if you get what i mean, though thanks for letting me know.
Old 2010-08-02, 13:46   Link #227
~ Lawliet ~

Am actually really close to completing the game now, but put the game on hold a few weeks ago.
Really should get back to completing that really.
~ Lawliet ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 13:56   Link #228
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Got a lot of work in my combat department...currently LV83. Maxed R&D, 9X mesh hall and intel. All outer-OPs complete, most weapons obtained/missions S-ranked, over 80% of AI parts obtained. Still need a few AI parts, the tanegashima rifle (how does the damn rath wing drop!) and to S-rank the mon-hun quests (waiting for co-op).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 04:14   Link #229
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Got a lot of work in my combat department...currently LV83. Maxed R&D, 9X mesh hall and intel. All outer-OPs complete, most weapons obtained/missions S-ranked, over 80% of AI parts obtained. Still need a few AI parts, the tanegashima rifle (how does the damn rath wing drop!) and to S-rank the mon-hun quests (waiting for co-op).
if you want to S rank the monster hunt mission, just simply put them to sleep under 10 mins and just ignore all the other monsters. Also, you don't really need to co-op to S rank it.

btw, what control type do you use? shooter type will make it a lot easier, unless you prefer something else.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 15:22   Link #230
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I THINK I'm using action type...but since I don't remember its name, here's the controls: move with stick, aim with directional buttons, menu with O+L/R, action with delta, CQC with square, crouch with cross.
I know how to S-rank the dinomissions, but...
Quote:
just ignore all the other monsters
THEY'RE CLAWING AT MY FACE, GRRRRRRRRRRRR! Plus they wake up whenever the bosses roar, making it a hell of a fight considering I have to tranq them while evading dragonballs AND their jaws...and then try and put Rathalos to sleep, while he's waking up the little buggers with his roar. I've tried stun grenades, sleep grenades, stun rod, rubber shotgun, CQC, hush puppy and nagant...best capture time is ~13mins.
Old 2010-08-03, 15:30   Link #231
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I THINK I'm using action type...but since I don't remember its name, here's the controls: move with stick, aim with directional buttons, menu with O+L/R, action with delta, CQC with square, crouch with cross.
I know how to S-rank the dinomissions, but...

THEY'RE CLAWING AT MY FACE, GRRRRRRRRRRRR! Plus they wake up whenever the bosses roar, making it a hell of a fight considering I have to tranq them while evading dragonballs AND their jaws...and then try and put Rathalos to sleep, while he's waking up the little buggers with his roar. I've tried stun grenades, sleep grenades, stun rod, rubber shotgun, CQC, hush puppy and nagant...best capture time is ~13mins.
try practicing the shooter type you'll thank me later for that.
Old 2010-08-05, 10:39   Link #232
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Before I do something very stupid with them....

.... do the Chaff Grenades work on the weapons of Tanks and Helicopters? Or are they of no use outside battles with AIs and Metal Gears?
Old 2010-08-05, 11:56   Link #233
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

^ in tanks I believe they do, but, I'm not so sure about the helicopter since they have glass windows and the pilot can see you through naked eyes
Old 2010-08-07, 16:20   Link #234
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Chaff grenades only work on A.I.; tanks and choppers are analog systems, so chaff's useless besides disrupting radio communications. Also note that the top-tier A.I. are not affected by chaff grenades at all, so their use is really limited.
So, valid chaff targets are: Pupa,Chrysalis,Cocoon,Peacewalker as well as their type-II/nishiki counterparts, Metal Gear ZEKE-mock battle (since the story one is manned). It also affects your strike and supply calls, so make sure you do your thing BEFORE throwing the chaff
Old 2010-08-07, 17:52   Link #235
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

I also noticed that your R&D team can develop "Fulton Recovery Rockets" for your Carl Gustav.

But how do you actually load them in your actual missions? I cannot find an option that allows you to select those rockets; pity, cos they'd come awfully handy in "no kill" tank fights!!
Old 2010-08-07, 20:29   Link #236
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

I think you need the R&D plans for the CG variant that fires those devices before you can use them.
Old 2010-08-07, 20:45   Link #237
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Cool, but:

1) Is it 1 missile per prisoner, or is it gonna be like "one burst of cloud multiple prisoners" like those awesome gas mines are?

2) How LOUD is it? It would be awfully conter-productive to a "no-kills undamaged tank" playthrough if the sneaking ends with a literal loud bang.
Old 2010-08-07, 21:05   Link #238
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

As far as I know, one device per round.

Noise? No clue, as I don't have the variant unlocked, so I can't check the sound rating.
Old 2010-08-08, 03:31   Link #239
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It is an explosion, so shooting one means getting very close to being found out, and you forgot to ask the most important thing: ammunition! the *4 one holds 3-4 rounds, so unless you want to exhaust your supply markers, getting the bandana is a good idea before venturing an S-rank tank mission. Oh, and it's one missile per enemy.
Old 2010-08-08, 03:44   Link #240
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

A smoke grenade and fulton CG combo is perfect for any "no kill" helicopter and tank mission and having a bandana will make the whole much easier.

btw, does having a colored SG helps you becoming more hard to find by enemy sights or is it the same thing as the regular SG?

Tags
konami, psp