AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-06, 06:30   Link #641
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Nue should obviously be stronger than Gitsune, by virtue of all his hype and the importance that Gitsune placed in him, eating so many hearts to make sure his birth is a fruitful one. Plus if he's the same as he was ( physically and magically ), that means he would also have mastery of high-level onmyouji magic, which is the bane of youkais.

Besides, there's no real necessity to have a large power creep over Gitsune. After everything is said and done, Gitsune, in just her powers, is greatly superior to Rikuo, even with Matoi. And she haven't even used all of her available techniques. What mattered in that fight was not making Rikuo's power levels stronger, but to just get a single blow in from Nenekimaru.

Heck, isn't that being Nurarihyon is all about anyway, with their illusionary powers?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-11-06, 09:02   Link #642
Iggy_Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anime View Post
i dont know if someone already asked this question, but could some1 tell me how old tsurara approximately is? i read the whole 129 chapters yesterday and i did pay a little less attention to some of the chapters before the kyoto arc.

But if they defeat semei i dont think this manga needs to continue, kitsune was the ruler of the spirits before nurarihyon defeated her, so there is no stronger youkai around. so if there is a new yokai who is even stronger than semei popping up it just wouldnt feel right. there are a few open questions about kitsune being rikuos sister, the yokai who might "control" kitsune etc. but i think these things could be answered quickly. (UNLESS the author is able to do a rly good plot even after kitsune and semei are killed, i am looking forward to it^^)
Tsurara's age is unknown, even the data book doesn't reveal it. Just wait for chapter 130 and you'll see. Nobody ever said that Gitsune is the strongest just because she was the head of Kyoto Yokai, there are many youkai that hasn't been revealed that could be stronger.

Seimei is probably the last enemy, but he's not gonna be defeated quickly, considering he's been planning for 1000 years, I don't think he's gonna be that easy to defeat. Of course, like the other users said, there's still Sanmoto Gorozaemon, whether he's working with Seimei or not.
Old 2010-11-06, 10:57   Link #643
Mr. Anime

i am hoping for seimei to escape and kitsunes host to join rikuo. then they could postpone the last battle. (and of course rikuoXtsurara at the end^^)

i think this says that kitsune IS the strongest (except for the nue)

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/nurari...o/c061/19.html
Old 2010-11-06, 13:06   Link #644
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
The nine tailed fox is deinitely one of the most famous folk lores in eastern asia. But you can't call her the strongest...
I mean...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...nese_mythology
Old 2010-11-06, 16:16   Link #645
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anime View Post
i am hoping for seimei to escape and kitsunes host to join rikuo. then they could postpone the last battle. (and of course rikuoXtsurara at the end^^)

i think this says that kitsune IS the strongest (except for the nue)

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/nurari...o/c061/19.html
that was also several hundred years before. Things change over time. Humans and demons get stronger as well. Don't forget that Gitsune was killed so easily in the time of Seimei and now look at her. If there are other ayashi that have been around even longer than they could be equally if not stronger than Gitsune.
Old 2010-11-06, 17:05   Link #646
Key Board
Carbon

Traditionally, the vile trinity of Japan are

Shuten Doji: Lord of all Oni. In Nurimago he has already been killed by Nue
Emperor Sutoku, The Tengu Emperor: I think he was mentioned once
Tamama no Mae, The Ninetails: I think this became Hagoromo Kitsune somewhat

Nurarihyon is said to be the war commander of all youkai

Abe no Seimei is the greatest onmyouji Japan had ever had

Sanmoto Gorouzaemon is said to have given a brave warrior the demon lord hammer which has power of all youkai

I think the only way to increase the power creep is for Yamato no Orochi to revive and wreck havoc on Japan. Which is probably going to happen, IMO
Old 2010-11-06, 18:13   Link #647
Iggy_Pop

Considering what Seimei does in chapter 130, even sending Enma (King of Hell) doesn't seems so out of the question. There are still many powerful youkai in other regions of Japan that hasn't been revealed yet, Jorogumo, Tsukumogami, etc. It would be great if we can see Rikuo traveling Japan to gather youkai to his side to fight Seimei
Old 2010-11-12, 12:53   Link #648
Nvis
Where are the good animes

130's translated and 131 RAW/Chinese's out.

Spoiler for 131:
Old 2010-11-12, 13:03   Link #649
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Wish I could find the raw for 131
Old 2010-11-12, 19:12   Link #650
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
I don't understand one thing here... Seimei confirmed in the flashback that ones you die, you are returning into the Circle of Reincarnation.

So why did he end up in Hell and now claims that all humans and Ayakashi go there? Shouldn't he have reincarnated... or did he run there to avoid getting reincarnated before his mother gives birth?
Also... I didn't know that Pentagram was used in Japanese mythology?
Old 2010-11-12, 19:21   Link #651
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
I don't understand one thing here... Seimei confirmed in the flashback that ones you die, you are returning into the Circle of Reincarnation.

So why did he end up in Hell and now claims that all humans and Ayakashi go there? Shouldn't he have reincarnated... or did he run there to avoid getting reincarnated before his mother gives birth?
i think he took himself out of the normal circle of reincarnation when he was to be reborn from Gitsune. If he went the normal route he would lose sight of his goals because he would lose most of his memories and start off anew.
Old 2010-11-12, 19:39   Link #652
Iggy_Pop

Quote:

Japanese Onymodo use the pentagram to represent the five element from Taoism of which Onmyodo was highly influenced by. it's caled Gobosei (pentagram)
In Japanese culture, this is a symbol of magical power, associated with Abe no Seimei; it is a diagram of the "overcoming cycle" of the five Chinese elements (Wu Xing).
From what I remember, the Shinto believed that there is the Yomi, which is basically hell. Shinto belief that a person is reborn after years in there. Probably similar to Buddist's concept of Hell/Naraka, Shinto and Buddhism has a syncretic nature

Last edited by Iggy_Pop; 2010-11-12 at 20:24.
Old 2010-11-12, 22:47   Link #653
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:

In early Shintoism ALL people go to hell to be judged. But that may have changed once Buddhism was introduced.

In Buddhism everyone still goes to hell. But, what you experience in hell depends on what sins you did in life. Hell is where souls are purified before sent into the new soul cycle. The more of a bastard you were in life the longer you are in hell. This cycle of rebirth will continue until you've absolved enough karma to enter nirvana/heaven

Onmyouji is influenced by both Shinto and Buddhism

I'm guessing Seimei was in hell waiting reincarnation. And you should note that his reincarnation is not normal. Normally people start over from a blank state

Chapter 131

Spoiler:

Last edited by Key Board; 2010-11-12 at 22:59.
Old 2010-11-12, 23:35   Link #654
Iggy_Pop

Actullay not a blank slate, it's even worst. Reincarnation cause someone to become an animal or other forms even if your are formerly human. Just like when Seimei said his theory about reincarnation in chapter 120. In Buddhism reincarnation can also be decided from the sin or good things the human or creature does while he was living. Based on your performance in the previous life, you can be reborn as a human again or lower forms of life if you are sinful
Considering most youkai are evil, I'm guessing going to hell to be reincarnated normally isn't such good thing.

There's quite a depiction of hell and rebirth in the original Journey to the west novel, anyone with interest to things like that should read it.

Spoiler for sanmoto:

Add from wikipedia about pentagram: "In Japanese culture, the pentagram (五芒星 gobōsei) is a symbol of magical power, associated with the onmyoji Abe no Seimei; it is a diagram of the "overcoming cycle" of the five Chinese elements. As a predominantly non-Christian country, with a different set of associations attached to the symbol, there is no social stigma associated with it."

Last edited by Iggy_Pop; 2010-11-13 at 02:41.
Old 2010-11-16, 18:21   Link #655
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
scans out

Spoiler for 131:
Old 2010-11-16, 19:15   Link #656
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Spoiler for Rikuo sister:
Old 2010-11-16, 20:26   Link #657
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
Spoiler for Rikuo sister:
maybe she'll be a non blood related sister. Someone Rihan took in after a conquest.
Old 2010-11-19, 11:39   Link #658
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

... wow.

Even after everything that happened, Gitsune still hadn't let go of that bag from her hand.

Also, Kyoto Arc ends as of 132, both a conclusion and a cliffhanger.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-11-19, 11:47   Link #659
Iggy_Pop

Is it just me or Seimei's rotting hand is kinda squicky?
Old 2010-11-19, 12:00   Link #660
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
C132 stuff into spoiler tags please. I don't think they will be appreciated yet.

Tags
fantasy, shounen