AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-21, 05:54   Link #41
Aqua Knight

All this Bankai stealing is akin to the filler arc with wild Zanpaktous.
Old 2012-06-21, 06:07   Link #42
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knjaz View Post
Actually, you people are not quite right about Soifon's bankai here.
And it was totally stupid for her to lose it like that, because she's the only one who can actually use her bankai under current conditions - just do it in "unhonorary" way from long distance. (unless there's someone else with Long Range bankai) And then move in with shikai against a weakened opponent (if it won't die from that kind of blast).
The blast radius of her bankai is so huge, that there's hardly ever going to be an ideal situation to use it in. It'd be one thing if they could take the battle high into the sky, like they could in Karakura Town, but within soul society, they're more or less limited to fighting on the ground. So if she uses it within the seireitei, she going to cause further destruction to the place they're trying to protect alongside with possibly wiping out other shinigami/allies in the process. So if she uses it from long range, its a dangerous move, and if she uses it from close range, its still a dangerous move. Its just an all around awful weapon on its own. Without a skilled Kido user to back her up, there's no way to effectively control the blast.
Old 2012-06-21, 06:35   Link #43
Knjaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
The blast radius of her bankai is so huge, that there's hardly ever going to be an ideal situation to use it in. It'd be one thing if they could take the battle high into the sky, like they could in Karakura Town, but within soul society, they're more or less limited to fighting on the ground. So if she uses it within the seireitei, she going to cause further destruction to the place they're trying to protect alongside with possibly wiping out other shinigami/allies in the process. So if she uses it from long range, its a dangerous move, and if she uses it from close range, its still a dangerous move. Its just an all around awful weapon on its own. Without a skilled Kido user to back her up, there's no way to effectively control the blast.
Well, judging from the losses they're suffering since the beginning of the invasion and the power of those SternRitters, it wouldn't be unimaginable to use it even within Seiretei, at some point.

The blast strength would prevent enemy from evading damage. A captain of SpecOps like Soifon should have some basic understanding on the strategy and possible uses for that kind of weapon in the situation they found themselves in (oh, who am I kidding here....)

Kinda stupid to lose the only bankai (that we know about) that can be used outside of enemy reach, with emphasis on one hit kill out.
Old 2012-06-21, 10:08   Link #44
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
hilarious chapter! Hirako, Mayuri and Renji provided great entertainment until things got serious again with Captain Kyouraku yooo hooo yaaaarrrrr

ok I will try to rate some of the Captains' situation..

Komamura - he can rely on his physical strenght for a while, but I can only see him dodging around.. he is neither fast nor has he ever showed any skill in kidou

Byakuya - is probably going to land a few hits by kidou/shunpo-combos with the aid of Renji acting as a pawn

Soifon - doesn't look too bad here: shunpo, kidou, hakuda and last but not least she could try to use some shunko if everything else fails

Hitsugaya - please just die lol, sorry I'm biased

Kyouraku - I expect my favourite character to die soon

Ukitake - he's just too nice to die, somebody will help him out for sure(Yoruichi?)

Mayuri - be prepared for some trolololo by Ishida when, this time, he saves his ass

Hirako, Rose and Kensei can always turn to their masks I guess and perhaps the bankaigrabber is useless when it comes to Vizards?

I'm fairly confident when it comes to Yamamoto(also I've come to terms with the fact we are never ever going to see his bankai..), Kenpachi and Unohana - but that's certainly not enough to fend off this many top tier opponents.
Old 2012-06-21, 11:12   Link #45
legopanda

im routing for the quincies!!! please kill a bunch of the boring captains and vice's, they have stayed alive for too long...
hope ichigo totally gets his arsed kicked too
Old 2012-06-21, 13:58   Link #46
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
All this Bankai stealing is akin to the filler arc with wild Zanpaktous.
It really reminds me a lot more of something far more recent...like fullbring stealing...but I won't comment any further :P
Old 2012-06-21, 16:20   Link #47
KnightOfTwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
which just further proves how idiotic this whole plan was. let's just use the mass communication technique after 4 of us risk our strongest weapon...

I'm going to try to get inside kubo's mind about this mess of a plan. i think it is actually as simple as this: which captains' bankai is everyone tired of seeing? well, byakuya and hitsugaya for sure. komomara's was never that good to begin with and soi fon's just sucked... so i think i'll just 86 them at the start of the fight so we can get to the fancy new ones faster

also, what if the stern ritters can only absorb 1 bankai at a time. which means kyouraku could fight any of the 5 with bankais with his bankai ~just a thought
To me it seems more of the opposite, how can Kubo possibly get OUT of having to show the bankis we haven't seen yet.

Kubo: I know! I will have the bankis we do know be stolen so then everybody else (save Renji because lol) won't want to release their own. That way, I never have to come up with a design for them! Phew, dodged that bullet.

The captains who weren't stupid enough to release their bankis may do well, at least for a bit.

Just hoping Hitsugaya finally bites the dust. I have nothing against him, but he has been used up in terms of development. Komo as well, nothing against him, he just serves no purpose anymore (not that he really ever did, but at least when his helmet was still on we could wonder what kind of person he was, or later on what his possible reunion with tousen would look like, which I try to erase the latter part from my brain anyway -_- ).
Old 2012-06-21, 16:55   Link #48
astrallionheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Every shounen I know of scales down explosions in tight areas.
Old 2012-06-21, 20:54   Link #49
Calca
Expressionless

I am really going to be pissed if Kubo uses this to circumvent showing the bankai of the stronger captains.
Old 2012-06-21, 21:26   Link #50
SeanQ

Lol...Renji just Renji...
Old 2012-06-22, 00:22   Link #51
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
so itchigos bankai is so powerful it cant be contained!
Old 2012-06-22, 11:14   Link #52
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Lol...Renji just Renji...
Oh my, my captain just got his bankai stolen, what should I do?

Uhm..

BANKAI!!!!
Old 2012-06-22, 17:26   Link #53
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
granted the next move seems pretty obvious which would be to steal/destroy the little thing-a-ma-bob that they used to steal their bankai... which will probably be easier said than done.
I like how you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
break the trinket...get their bankai back, typical "easier said than done" crap...
Old 2012-06-22, 21:57   Link #54
justavisitor

Kenpachi's look is quite funny when he hears the message not to use bankai...he is like...wtf is bankai?? XD

It should be a chance for Kenpachi to shine...but since our hero is ichigo..I am afraid the bad guy will have another cheap trick just for Kenpachi...
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2012-06-24, 15:54   Link #55
Hisagi_Shuuhei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

That's a fanart, not a color page.
Almost cried when I read this. Was sooo hoping for a Grimmjow return soon!! Oh well
Old 2012-06-24, 16:46   Link #56
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
BTW, they especially talked about Bankai stealing again this chapter. But the scene with Hitsugaya trying to talk to his sword looked more like they didn't just steal the Bankai, but the whole soul of the sword. Makes me wonder if they can still release into Shikai.

Unohana's comment should be noted too. She mentioned that all the reitsu reported stolen was true except for 10th division, meaning hitsugaya. This could mean that since his Bankai still isnt fully developed, the opponents can't steal it/havent stealen if despite him thinking so.
Old 2012-06-25, 01:26   Link #57
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Or whoever was assigned to take Hitsugaya's Bankai was frozen by its reiatsu. Although is it possible for reiatsu to carry a particular element? (If this is possible, then whoever tries to steal Genryusai's Bankai will be burnt to a crisp on the spot.)
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-06-25, 04:19   Link #58
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Or whoever was assigned to take Hitsugaya's Bankai was frozen by its reiatsu. Although is it possible for reiatsu to carry a particular element? (If this is possible, then whoever tries to steal Genryusai's Bankai will be burnt to a crisp on the spot.)
that would be fun!

i'd like to see shinji and kensei fight the vandenreich with their masks on.
Old 2012-06-26, 18:13   Link #59
Mateus

I wonder if this arc will drag nearly or longer than the HM/FT arcs? We still have to get back to the Kirge/Ichigo fight and I imagine that sometime during the conflict ...."just as planned".
Old 2012-06-26, 22:48   Link #60
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Another theory: aside from the "Bankai-carrier reiatsu theory" I formulated earlier, I think there's also the possibility of the Bankai themselves "rebelling" the Vandenreich that were able to restrain them; however, this is only possible if the Vandenreich are interested in using the Bankai to push further into the assault on Soul Society and if the Vandenreich does not use or has a weak restraint device on the Bankai.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread