AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2005-12-30, 15:07   Link #81
BakaRanger

Just some random speculation and thoughts.

Spoiler:
BakaRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 19:37   Link #82
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaRanger
Just some random speculation and thoughts.

Spoiler:
I'm getting Mai HiME flashbacks with every passing episode of this thing.

That's not a bad thing
Old 2005-12-30, 19:49   Link #83
Bracken33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Cannon
Links were broken by the time I got them =(

And thanks for that link Scribble! I appreciate it!
Hmmm, I can see the pics.

And yes thank you, nice board Scribble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
I do drink tea with regularity. Now, I drink tea with the presense of Shinku. Yes, that is me peacefully drinking Oolong tea with Shinku. I just took this picture last night. Tell me folks, what's beyond obsession? When I spend the bulk of my free conscious mind pondering about Shinku. When I dream about Shinku. ...
Of course I agree. Shinku is the best Rozen Maiden doll (though I am not this obsessed by far).

The most comparable thing might be a crush for your favourite pop star. It is a bit peculiar me thinks , but ok.
Bracken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 23:03   Link #84
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Tell me folks, what's beyond obsession?
When you spend 102,900 yen to adopt a Shinku limited edition SuperDollfie at this year's Dollpa14. http://www.volks.co.jp/jp/event/dolp...sd_shinku.html

It was either go and buying this, or Comike. I chose the latter.

But at least I got my hands on Yujin's Suiseiseki before it ran out, and I already pre-ordered my Suigintou from Animage.

Last edited by kj1980; 2005-12-30 at 23:14.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 02:14   Link #85
Chronissz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
When you spend 102,900 yen to adopt a Shinku limited edition SuperDollfie at this year's Dollpa14. http://www.volks.co.jp/jp/event/dolp...sd_shinku.html

But at least I got my hands on Yujin's Suiseiseki before it ran out, and I already pre-ordered my Suigintou from Animage.
I always loved that Suiseiseki, it would be nice if they continued production of it, but that Shinku doll needs some work, especially for that price. Her face is just all wrong, im guessing it wasnt specifically designed to be Shinku, but rather the closest thing they had.
Chronissz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 04:05   Link #86
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronissz
I always loved that Suiseiseki, it would be nice if they continued production of it, but that Shinku doll needs some work, especially for that price. Her face is just all wrong, im guessing it wasnt specifically designed to be Shinku, but rather the closest thing they had.
It's a Volks Super Dollfie, that why they are born like that. If I am going to willing to spend over 90,000 yen to adopt a premium doll, I would gladly accept such beauty.

Not using illogical terms, these dolls are of premium quality - a very minor and niche market. However, as they are carefully made and crafted they are extremely expensive. You can read more about them here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26959
http://www.volks.co.jp/en/

Ugh. It's phrases like these that inhibits me from graduating being an otaku...
Old 2005-12-31, 04:10   Link #87
NaNash|

Quote:

I dun mean any disrespect but the Shinku looks horrible
NaNash| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 04:15   Link #88
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaNash|
I dun mean any disrespect but the Shinku looks horrible
Probably just a difference in likes then. In my opinion, that Shinku SD looks absolutely great, even more so in her red goth-loli dress.

Now if they would only make a Souseiseki one... (I could care less about Hina-Ichigo).
Old 2005-12-31, 05:12   Link #89
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Too bad the suitcase isn't an accessory.
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 12:37   Link #90
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Having Tea with Shinku
I do drink tea with regularity. Now, I drink tea with the presense of Shinku. Yes, that is me peacefully drinking Oolong tea with Shinku. I just took this picture last night. Tell me folks, what's beyond obsession? When I spend the bulk of my free conscious mind pondering about Shinku. When I dream about Shinku. When I feel incomplete without Shinku. When my love for her is 100% mental, and 0% lust. I haven't been this deep "into" (past appreciation, past admiration, past obsession) a fictional character since Humbert Humbert of Lolita (who, I take as sort of a role model). I have yet to find the explanation in my psychology lectures. 4chan couldn't answer this. Maybe you guys can.
Actually that is the supposed holy grail of perfected love. It is the appreciation of the iconic Madonna character. It's what drives knights to seek the impossible, and artists to strive their best to capture. If only real-world women seek mental love instead of lust love then they are guaranteed absolute fidelity. If a character, fictional or otherwise, becomes the object of mental love, that character will remain an ideal in someone's heart.

Since love of whatever form makes people exhibit the same symptoms as addicts of crack cocaine, I'd say no problem with it, since it's mental anyway. I have yet to focus some energized form of mental love to God, but unlike anime characters, God is harder to characterize, thus it's still very difficult to me.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 00:07   Link #91
PuRpLe CryStaL
::Natsuki's FanGaL::

Send a message via Yahoo to PuRpLe CryStaL
Smile Help Me Plz~

Hey folks! I'm looking for the raw version of this screenshot that has a dimension of 640 by 480. I wanted a non-animated shot of that Hina's pic without the text. I tried to remove the text with Paint but it turned out disastrous. Besides that, I don't know how to use Photoshop too Hence I really hope someone could help me by providing me that screenshot without the text if you have the raw series. The screenshot is taken from Episode 1. Arigatou gozaimasu ^_^

Best Rgds
Claudine
PuRpLe CryStaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 01:41   Link #92
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuRpLe CryStaL
Hey folks! I'm looking for the raw version of this screenshot that has a dimension of 640 by 480. I wanted a non-animated shot of that Hina's pic without the text. I tried to remove the text with Paint but it turned out disastrous. Besides that, I don't know how to use Photoshop too Hence I really hope someone could help me by providing me that screenshot without the text if you have the raw series. The screenshot is taken from Episode 1. Arigatou gozaimasu ^_^

Best Rgds
Claudine
Happy New Years. You have two hours.

[edit image removed]

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-01-01 at 16:29.
Old 2006-01-01, 10:21   Link #93
kitsura
King of Brave

Quote:

I preordered the Suigintou too since its still affordable but I wonder if my payment will be accepted since I'm transferring from an overseas bank. Just too bad they don't accept credit cards otherwise payment will be so much easier.
kitsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 13:51   Link #94
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
Actually that is the supposed holy grail of perfected love. It is the appreciation of the iconic Madonna character. It's what drives knights to seek the impossible, and artists to strive their best to capture. If only real-world women seek mental love instead of lust love then they are guaranteed absolute fidelity. If a character, fictional or otherwise, becomes the object of mental love, that character will remain an ideal in someone's heart.

Since love of whatever form makes people exhibit the same symptoms as addicts of crack cocaine, I'd say no problem with it, since it's mental anyway. I have yet to focus some energized form of mental love to God, but unlike anime characters, God is harder to characterize, thus it's still very difficult to me.
Interesting, that could be it: "perfect love". Now I have an urge to learn more about this "perfect love" in psychology, in an effort learn more about myself.

Quote:

I've said this in a dollfie thread before the hack incident. I'd purchase it if I weren't a starving university student. To pay for my car insurance so I can get to school, or order a Shinku SuperDollfie. Hmm, tough choices. My main priority in life now is my education, and my love for Shinku takes a second seat. In numerous more years after I graduate (and get my Master's or PhD) and when I get a better job (hopefully as an astronomer), that Shinku Dollfie will be in my bed. As for now, that Dollfie remains out of reach.

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2006-01-01 at 14:41.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 08:59   Link #95
gonzo

Volks' Shinku

Quote:
Probably just a difference in likes then. In my opinion, that Shinku SD looks absolutely great, even more so in her red goth-loli dress.

Now if they would only make a Souseiseki one... (I could care less about Hina-Ichigo).
They should not.

I am very disappointed by Volks' Shinku. IMHO, it's the worst version I have ever seen (however, I don't want to offend those who like that look). A really well designed Shinku (again, my opinion) is displayed on

http://hpcgi1.nifty.com/marumu/x.cgi?h=doll

Just click Shinku or Suiginto (Kanji!) below "Super Dollfie"/"Rozen Maiden" in the left frame. Upto now, I haven't found any hint to marumu's dolls in this forum.

Having seen these SDs I had been hoping that Volks would produce a Shinku (I even wrote an email to Volks, expressing my desires, but they did not reply). Usually, Volks does an excellent job. But this time? No, that princess of ugliness has no resemblance to the Shinku I am used to. Red roses accessories? No: they should be pink! The colour of the eyes is wrong. The facial expression lacks every feature of Shinku. And so on ...

(There is only one problem remaining: marumu is completely in japanese, there seems to be nothing english ... that needs lots of translation, and my vestigial knowledge of japanese is nearly extinct).

Greetz, Gonzo

Last edited by gonzo; 2006-01-04 at 17:05.
gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 16:34   Link #96
JHawkNH

Quote:
that Shinku Dollfie will be in my bed.
I'm sorry, but this phrase can be just taken soooo wrong...
JHawkNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 22:48   Link #97
roro

hm. I really like the volks shinku dollfie... personally, I think it fits the image in my mind of if she were an actual doll, what she'd look like. (compared to an anime doll version of her). ^_^ Ah if only I had the money to spare..
roro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 03:28   Link #98
gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by roro
hm. I really like the volks shinku dollfie... personally, I think it fits the image in my mind of if she were an actual doll, what she'd look like. (compared to an anime doll version of her). ^_^ Ah if only I had the money to spare..
You are right. Volks Shinku does look like an actual doll, and maybe that's my problem. The Volks dollfies are too close to realistic. In my opinion, Shinku should remain sort of idealized, eventually abstract. That's why I prefer the anime version (and marumu, of course).

Anyway, a matter of taste.
Old 2006-01-05, 08:14   Link #99
kitsura
King of Brave

This is a picture of a set of custom dolls that someone posted here before the great forum hack. It looks better than the Volks dollfie mainly because its a custom piece done from scratch while the Volks one probably just used a generic dollfie that most resembled Shinku and added on the costume for it.
Spoiler:
kitsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 09:53   Link #100
gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsura
This is a picture of a set of custom dolls that someone posted here before the great forum hack. It looks better than the Volks dollfie mainly because its a custom piece done from scratch while the Volks one probably just used a generic dollfie that most resembled Shinku and added on the costume for it.
Spoiler:
Those are shown on the 'marumu'-page I mentioned above.

Thanks for the hint that these custom dolls might have been known before. I did not see them as I have found this thread too late.

BTW, these dolls are not fully done from scratch. They are based on Volks SD13 resp SD. The heads are heavily modified - faces are completely remodelled with some kind of putty (??) - and the body parts are adapted to the estimated proportions of the anime dolls, i.e. legs shortened by some centimeters etc. Maybe my attempts to translate some of the descriptions have failed ...

Have a nice day,

gonzo

Last edited by gonzo; 2006-01-05 at 11:10.

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural