AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-04-29, 00:25   Link #1201
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
lol

As I posted after last week's episode, I knew L-elf was going to be a "good guy", but I didn't think it was going to occur this early.

At least this gives us the chance to see him possibly shift from good guy to bad guy and back again (or a few times) prior to the climax.
How can L-Elf be a good guy when he kills innocent airline crew?
I see L-Elf has winning aura of story protagonist, except he's only a sub-protagonist. All bullets go through him without scratch him. Only person can cause his injury is Haruto. He has some sort of predicting skill, and he plans ahead of events. He sees Haruto can assists him to achieve his political goal.

The Geo-political setting is weird, but the artwork looks nice. JIRO(Japan Chuunibyou?) is a space colony runs by a middle/high school? Dorussia(DeutschRussia land power?) takes students hostage. ARUN(AmericanBritain sea power?) comes as a humantarian aide?

The script writer can do better job if they use near non-existence political environment in the space drama. Look at Legend of Galaxy Heroes, the viewers learn about the empire's generals without realizing the reference to WWII German generals.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 00:39   Link #1202
bigdeath

The colony isn't run by the high school. Rather we are seeing events through the eyes of the high school students. Not to mention this supposedly neutral country was creating a super weapon under the high school. Whos bright idea was that?
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 01:18   Link #1203
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
The colony isn't run by the high school. Rather we are seeing events through the eyes of the high school students. Not to mention this supposedly neutral country was creating a super weapon under the high school. Whos bright idea was that?
I don't think Jior, ARUS or even Dorssia government created the Valvrave. Too advanced to the point it is like magic.

Only we know from the EULA the organization the pilot is to answer to is called the Facility.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 01:43   Link #1204
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
I am just curious that they are delaying the big reveal of the VVV creators. Surely they had to show up soon? This isn't Ideon, we know normal humans are involved.
Old 2013-04-29, 06:56   Link #1205
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Contract /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 07:26   Link #1206
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Imo, I prefer the GKMP because there's more sentimentality involved in their struggles. The story puts a special down to earth focus on the fact that they're still just kids struggling to come to terms with their situations and it makes them more endearing. There's more of a genuine coming of age approach to the GKMP which isn't as apparently if at all in Valvrave. Valvrave seems to be more concerned with keeping up it's "what a twist!" and "Rule of Cool" moments. Despite both shows clearly coming from the same background, they're still extremely different. Which one you prefer largely depends on your tastes and interests. The narrative focus and other factors can also come into play too. GKMP is consistent in that it's chosen five characters from the start and stuck to them faithfully. Valvrave throws a whole load of characters each of which feels paper thin because of the quantity over quality approach but has given a reasonable focus on the main character, who unfortunately they ended up screwing up quite a bit, what with his outlandish new found power and his questionable cognitive abilities. Of course it has given a certain amount of focus on L-Elf which they'd done a decent job of throwing him into a complicated situation, if only they didn't have him ejaculating missiles out of nowhere every now and then.
Here the thing MP has had al the plot development its going to get while in the meantime you are judge Valrave by its first few pages have some patience kid let the story flow and the dots connect.

Then again if you are having trouble breaking down valrave and where things are going I really hope the viewers like that are just young.

Its pretty simple guy fights for revenge, Guy reason for fighting no longer exists, Guy looks at damage he has done,He can either man up and fight for more than himself or some one can slap some sense into and show him how other people are suffering. Also no the no kill route is not the way to go here not killing would make him a self fish little u know what.

The first big bad we seen is either going to betray his country because they are more evil or is just useing the main character since he cannot kill him, or he mite just be bat shit evil and wana take over his home planet.

Oh look at all that thinking this show made me did on where the plot could go thinking is fun plot twist are fun.

Also your way of writing is rude and makes Majestic Prince sound like the better format due to sticking to following shounen plot lines.

And people calling attack on titan just a all action flick should read the manga this thing has a great plot sorta like what gantz was doing with its before it turned to crap,Also this series tells a plot better than gantz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folenfant View Post
I'm starting to wonder if maybe Saki has the same powers as Haruto or knows somebody that does judging by some events that have happened in the show so far. She seems to go out of her way to keep her distance from most people, seems positively fearless in walking into a combat zone like nothing bad could possibly end up happening to her, she jumps out of a helicopter unharmed, insists that she absolutely has to go with Haruto in the Valvrave like it's a matter of life and death, knows how to get him back in his own body, points a gun at a known soldier and seems completely uninjured once everything is over. She also drops cryptic dialogues about being turned into a lab rat and a seeming hatred for adults, is somehow able to slap the vampire out of Haruto and then tells Shoko's friend that she saved that she's the only one that ever treated her normally like just by talking with her it's a big deal.

Of course this could all just be her being tired of being an apparent idol that was in the limelight and her just having a free spirit personality and wanting to cut loose, but the combination of all these things just doesn't add up to that at this stage for me to her not somehow be directly involved in the Valvrave project. There's also the fact that girls in anime that have hair overall hairstyle, mannerisms (dat stoic frown), and appearance often tend to be quite dangerous on average.
I must be watching to many series at once to have missed that you are right that girl knows way to much.

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2013-04-29 at 07:41.
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 07:44   Link #1207
Tenzen12

That doesn't going help. From now they will just go with standart mecha plots with some extremly wham twist on the end of EVERY SINGLE episode, just for twist itself (Y would be proud). I am pretty sure Luluzaku will fart even more missiles in future as well.

It sort of works, if it didn't, I guess I would drop it, but being watchable isn't equal to be good.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 07:56   Link #1208
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Here the thing MP has had al the plot development its going to get while in the meantime you are judge Valrave by its first few pages have some patience kid let the story flow and the dots connect.

Then again if you are having trouble breaking down valrave and where things are going I really hope the viewers like that are just young.
Oh yeah, what an enlightening comment you posted there. Calling somebody a “kid” or “young” just because he doesn’t fancy the same show as you.

And what do you mean MP “has had al the plot development its going to get”? We’re still 4 episodes in and we barely know what kind of enemy the Fail Five are facing and what will become of them and so on. Also, what do you mean by “judge Valrave by its first few pages”? This is anime series, not a novel or manga.
Old 2013-04-29, 08:30   Link #1209
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
*looks at the sketches.
Hoshino's art style changed yet again.
Massively I might add

Also, I'm actually finding Angela's ED nicer than TMR and Nana chan's OP...
Old 2013-04-29, 08:58   Link #1210
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

just go to the MP thread to discuss about MP please

why are you guys discussed it here if you love that show so much?

especially since it's very quiet there like a freaking haunted house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Massively I might add

Also, I'm actually finding Angela's ED nicer than TMR and Nana chan's OP...
so do I but TMR & NANA opening is easy to listen (and easy to get bored as well)

something that you want to hear when you're cooking or something
Old 2013-04-29, 09:20   Link #1211
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Again, the fans for the individual series are all having different reasons why they like it. YMMV, everyone has their own tastes. Which makes things interesting, no?

And I would discuss stuff at MJP if someone respond to my LOL SENTAI posts... XD
Old 2013-04-29, 09:28   Link #1212
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Well over the weekend I marathoned Guilty Crown to know what you guys are talking about. I see similarities from a art style standpoint, but that is it. Also what is with RRW's picture of L-Elf with a QB mask?
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 09:48   Link #1213
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
just go to the MP thread to discuss about MP please

why are you guys discussed it here if you love that show so much?

especially since it's very quiet there like a freaking haunted house
If this is a reply to my post then, no. I’m not discussing MP in particular. Just responding to someone who called someone else a “kid” just because of different preferences.

MP thread has been quiet coz we already commented on most things worth to be commented after the 4th episode, and right now I’m not in the mood for posting there “just for the lulz”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Also what is with RRW's picture of L-Elf with a QB mask?
It's the "Make a contract with me!!" thing .
Old 2013-04-29, 09:53   Link #1214
Folenfant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Well over the weekend I marathoned Guilty Crown to know what you guys are talking about. I see similarities from a art style standpoint, but that is it. Also what is with RRW's picture of L-Elf with a QB mask?
Yeah like I said the comparisons are superficial at best. So far this show doesnt feel like its going to be super black and white about its factions for starters, the cast has very little common with each other and the setup and setting have very little in common. Guilty Crown seemed to me to always be trying to be hip and cutting edge while this seems to just want to keep the viewer mystified and amused. Lastly things in this show tend to pick up where they left last episode whereas the characters in Guilty Crown often felt like they had different personalities and reactions to things from episode to episode.

Just as a contrast of events when Haruto called off his whole revenge thing and tried to get back to his old life there was a reason in finding out Shouko was alive. In Guilty Crown Shu reverted to reluctant and weak-willed by the start of the next episode with no explanation given just so he could go through roughly the same course of events again. It was that cyclical development of his character right up until the last episodes that really defined that show for me. Haruto by comparisonseems more than willing to play out the role of a hero and risk his skin but just prefers to avoid unnecessary confrontations and go with the flow like the vast majority of human beings.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 10:16   Link #1215
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folenfant View Post
Yeah like I said the comparisons are superficial at best. So far this show doesnt feel like its going to be super black and white about its factions for starters, the cast has very little common with each other and the setup and setting have very little in common. Guilty Crown seemed to me to always be trying to be hip and cutting edge while this seems to just want to keep the viewer mystified and amused. Lastly things in this show tend to pick up where they left last episode whereas the characters in Guilty Crown often felt like they had different personalities and reactions to things from episode to episode.

Just as a contrast of events when Haruto called off his whole revenge thing and tried to get back to his old life there was a reason in finding out Shouko was alive. In Guilty Crown Shu reverted to reluctant and weak-willed by the start of the next episode with no explanation given just so he could go through roughly the same course of events again. It was that cyclical development of his character right up until the last episodes that really defined that show for me. Haruto by comparisonseems more than willing to play out the role of a hero and risk his skin but just prefers to avoid unnecessary confrontations and go with the flow like the vast majority of human beings.

what I don't like about Guilty Crown is the MC power or specifically void concept

so the MC can pull "thismaybecoolweapon" out of nowhere people chests, and then what? there was no twist or development from there and by the time the show ended, I realise that I was right.

but Valvrave concept about this whole "body swap" thing is really cool. you can pull a lot of twists from there

same as Geass or Death Note where you can really mess with other people minds and body

but how Sunrise are gonna pull this one off is yet to early to be judged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If this is a reply to my post then, no. I’m not discussing MP in particular. Just responding to someone who called someone else a “kid” just because of different preferences.

MP thread has been quiet coz we already commented on most things worth to be commented after the 4th episode, and right now I’m not in the mood for posting there “just for the lulz”.
nah I'm referring to the post about fail five, key or whatever it is

(sorry I only watched the first half of MJP before dropping it so lots of thing that I don't understand. But that's also the reason we have separate thread for each series, isn't it?)

my point is you guys can move your heated(?) discussion there make it more lively, especially since it was out of topic here and it's really "quiet" there.

quiet not just because people finished commenting about the latest episode but really quiet compared other shows (including the other two mecha shows) this season

Last edited by articuzwolf; 2013-04-29 at 10:27.
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 10:39   Link #1216
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
my point is you guys can move your heated(?) discussion there make it more lively, especially since it was out of topic here and it's really "quiet" there.
Our off-topic discussion about MP already ended when I said to stop it sometime ago in Page 60:
Quote:
That said, let's drop this off-topic discussion before a mod warns us, shall we?
What’s left is BoyTitan’s post and my reply to him. And both out posts are not even specifically discussing about MP.

Quote:
quiet not just because people finished commenting about the latest episode but really quiet compared other shows (including the other two mecha shows) this season
I don’t get it. Threads aren’t places for competition of “which one gets the most posts”. The MP thread may be quiet for now, but those who like MP are still having fun and will post there whenever they feel like it.
Old 2013-04-29, 10:58   Link #1217
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Our off-topic discussion about MP already ended when I said to stop it sometime ago in Page 60:
oh sorry, I might miss that one

Quote:
I don’t get it. Threads aren’t places for competition of “which one gets the most posts”.
that's not my point as well but the make it more lively part,

last time I checked its like a haunted house there and not to mention some tard starts chasing people off

it doesn't need to become the most discussed thread or thread with the most posts this season to become a lively thread

but your previous debate could significantly contribute for this make it more lively there part, besides it's out of topic here

Last edited by articuzwolf; 2013-04-29 at 11:09.
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 11:17   Link #1218
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
but your previous debate could significantly contribute for this make it more lively there part, besides it's out of topic here
Oh, I would love to. But as you can see, I’m not in control of where the debate took place. Plus, I’m not the one who started it. All I did was posting one line reply then others started to talk about MP’s protagonists and so on. It’s beyond me. You might even consider me lucky for being able to make them dropping the off-topic discussion right then and there.
Old 2013-04-29, 11:39   Link #1219
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Fitting, but he needs to wear Kyubey's ears and a jumpsuit.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 13:37   Link #1220
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
I think you're misunderstanding something: I'm not lost on the plot or anything. The plot itself is fairly easy to follow and the real issue would be whether people actually understand on an empathetic level, not on a cognitive level. I actually have that issue with both shows but I wasn't even talking about that to begin with. I was talking specifically about the character side, not the plot side of the show, since the conversation was about which characters you prefer. Naturally Valvrave is plot-driven to a somewhat higher degree than GKMJ but that wasn't the topic at hand so I didn't feel the need to talk about that.

Quote:
Also your way of writing is rude and makes Majestic Prince sound like the better format due to sticking to following shounen plot lines..
Following shounen plotlines? I do prefer GKMJ's format but like I said, whichever you prefer largely depends on your preferences...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire