AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-02, 13:12   Link #141
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
It's not going to happen since it would mostly encourage pointless speculation and off-topic chatter for a week. The purpose of the thread is to discuss the specific episode and how would that be possible if the episode hadn't even aired yet.
This is discouraging but I would like to have the chance to sway you. You mention about pointless speculations but isn't this what's happening in the current episode threads? We are talking about the current episode but very soon ended up speculating about the next few episodes especially since the current episode does have previews for the next. We also have other sources which usually have spoilers about future episodes. I admit by giving us the next episode thread in advance would encourage the off topic chatter but at least there won't be a need for future spoilers and speculation thread a few people are asking for and if you guys are late in the creation of the episode thread, people would have no excuse in complaining since the next one is already up.

If this "no creation of future episodes threads" is policy however, fair enough, I won't ask for it any more.
Old 2007-07-02, 13:22   Link #142
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

"Being Late" is a very relative term in this case, nor does it happen more than once a blue moon. As xris said, episode threads are meant to discuss the events of the specific episode. Should this contain speculations based upon information obtained in the episode, so be it. How would it look if ep15 thread (for example) would contain 10+ pages of speculation about what is going to happen in episode 15 ? Seems like oxymoron to me
Old 2007-07-02, 13:26   Link #143
Meophist

…that doesn't sound too far off from what's already happening. And… well, it makes perfect sense to me, but then again, I'm wierd.
Old 2007-07-02, 13:36   Link #144
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
"Being Late" is a very relative term in this case, nor does it happen more than once a blue moon. As xris said, episode threads are meant to discuss the events of the specific episode. Should this contain speculations based upon information obtained in the episode, so be it. How would it look if ep15 thread (for example) would contain 10+ pages of speculation about what is going to happen in episode 15 ? Seems like oxymoron to me
True enough but isn't the reverse also true? If I look in ep 14 thread and wanting to discuss about it and suddenly after a few pages it ends up totally off topic or full of speculations on what is going to happen in ep 15, how am I suppose to join in the discussion on ep 14 if everyone is talking about ep 15? This is just an opinion but I believe some people don't go into the episodes threads until the subs are out. If this is the case, then the new ones entering the thread would be spoiled by all the discussion on the future episodes already. In my opinion again, I rather wade through speculations then bump into a spoiler(despite spoiler tags) or trying to switch the topic of discussion back to the current episode which can be an exercise in futility (not to mention a bit rude, cutting into a conversation and totally changing the subject)
Old 2007-07-02, 15:07   Link #145
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
how am I suppose to join in the discussion on ep 14 if everyone is talking about ep 15?
Quote for Truth.
..and to add to it. Lets say they generate "10+ pages of speculation about what is going to happen in episode 15", how are they any worse then the 10+ pages worth of speculation that mixes in with the discussion at the moment, at least then it would be nice and ordered.

But I believe xris and sky are thinking of the general consequences involved with Catgirls's 1-day-early approach. Note there is a difference between discussing possibilities for the next episode based on the preview and earlier episodes and.. well.. now how should I put it.. random speculation from thin air, as is generally the case for the earlier mentioned.

Here's another simple reason supporting tshouryuu's idea.
Some people skip the preview. Sometimes, for some series, previews can be very very spoilerific.
Isn't the current order spoiling them without even a warning.
Old 2007-07-05, 11:26   Link #146
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

How about a Saimoe 2007 thread for Nanoha Characters.

Just to let people when the voting begins and what characters are up for voting. It would also keep the Nanoha discussion form the Main Saimoe page.

PS. Voting has begin for round 1 of the prelim.
Old 2007-07-05, 15:35   Link #147
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
How about a Saimoe 2007 thread for Nanoha Characters.

Just to let people when the voting begins and what characters are up for voting. It would also keep the Nanoha discussion form the Main Saimoe page.

PS. Voting has begin for round 1 of the prelim.
No.

Such threads are used to campaign votes, something we have no intention to encourage. We have no objection to people campaigning, as long as it's not here
Old 2007-07-31, 15:41   Link #148
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
hmm i wonder...would it be possible to request for a "character profile" thread and give it a sticky for where we can post and discuss the profiles of the new characters ~ ive seen a few posts in the image thread which tells us about the profile of some of the new characters to this series which would be useful if we need to look up on stuff (and seen as a lot of us cant read for ourselves i am really greatful for the translations ~ but the problem is that those posts gets buried pretty fast which is a problem :/)

character list:

http://www.nanoha.com/character.html

cheers ~ *hides from skane*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-14, 07:28   Link #149
Liingo
Love Hina?

It may or may not be necessary since I'm not sure if there's a post limit in the threads, but I'd like to request the creation of part 2 of the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Character Creation and Discussion Thread, at an appropriate time in the future.

The reason behind this is the current thread is approaching 10k posts which makes it difficult for newcomers to get involved as they can be put off by the sheer number of posts in the thread.

The opening post can be the same as the current one, or the current OC directory could be included there for easy reference..although I'm unsure how it would be edited if that was done.

Thanks for your time.
Old 2007-09-14, 07:41   Link #150
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Perhaps Erio could make the first post following the moderator, and contiue to edit.
Old 2007-09-14, 07:45   Link #151
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Or not just Erio, but the second person to post in the thread. We could even have the first post of all of each active member on the first page be dedicated to just the OC information, then have a post for all other OC's or newcomers. Would be useful especially for those of us with mountains of Bluecheesium built up

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-09-14, 08:13   Link #152
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Scare away possible newcomers ? That thing scares me, so i assume that scaring away any newcomers is a given

That aside, is there a real need for the thread ? just because it is at the 10k limit alone is not a sufficient one, and it isn't helping the 'newbie' issue (is there even one?) either - one still has to dig through the thread to understand what the conversation is about anyway. Only benefits i can see is the 'everyone making a first post there that contains links to their spawns creations'. In short - i am not terribly convinced it is absolutely needed.
Old 2007-09-14, 08:35   Link #153
Liingo
Love Hina?

I'm not sure whether if I should feel honoured or run and hide knowing that Skyfall is afraid of the thread.... does this mean that we could technically get away with anything in there...

I'm only just asking since others in the thread have suggested it.. I have no current problems with the thread size.. In fact newcomers might get scared away more that we've got 2 threads for the same topic

We've had a number of newcomers to the thread in the last few days/weeks so there are 'newbies' in the thread.. although how long they stay newbies is another matter entirely.

It would definately help with organisational issues as we would be able to clearly lay out both characters and the various timelines that are present within the thread, which would help reduce the amount of digging necessary.

It's your call in the end though..
Thanks again for your time..

I'm not sure that had any effect on swaying your mind.....
Old 2007-09-14, 08:52   Link #154
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well, one problem is that we mostly only link our characters.

Occasionally, and I mean quite occasionally, we link up discussions and materials that have its merit, but we don't include them fully into the profiles and all that.

The idea is to have every a thread 100% dedicated to that just the profiles, stories, fluff, etc, extra tidbits while the current thread drives solely on a more discussion-based one.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-14, 08:57   Link #155
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I like that idea better. The second thread would be more like the primary depot for out current material, and the OC could simply be used for discussion. While we could still post the main material in the OC, the Depot would be an idea place to post just the material, and then link it to the OC thread for discussion.

And a new thread will also allow each of the currently active members and OC thread shareholders to better organize material into a leaner, more accesible thread while the bluecheesium powered backlog in the OC thread grows

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-09-14, 08:58   Link #156
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Yeah like Nighty said, it'll be like a vault per se, an attempt to try and slow the growth of the main thread because it has come to a point where everyone who manages to overcome that big number comes in and tells us that "the number scared them."

When you're inside you'll find that the thread is very easy to get into, but the main problem is that the post count does not give that impression.

Also, we should encourage people to title the OC profile posts in the second thread. I remember getting feedback on how it's impossible to search for a specific detail, and that titling helps.
Old 2007-09-14, 09:17   Link #157
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

A great idea, though wouldn't the need to jump back and forth between threads also create confusion? To post something, and then need to discuss it in a seprate thread sounds... needlessly difficult to me.
Old 2007-09-14, 09:29   Link #158
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
A great idea, though wouldn't the need to jump back and forth between threads also create confusion? To post something, and then need to discuss it in a seprate thread sounds... needlessly difficult to me.
The good thing about the idea is that we can easily refer to the material we need to link to simply by visiting the Depot, as opposed to searching through the entire thread for the tidbits.

Although it will take some responsibility on the part of the active members to actually organize their stuff in the Depot

And of course, who says you can't post the material in the OC thread, then duplicate it in the second thread for easy referral?

Old 2007-09-14, 10:12   Link #159
Aaron008R

The duplication matter doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

Another type of remedy would be making a 1)Pure profile thread and a 2)OC Interaction Thread.

But that still sounds a bit cluttered and back and forth idea to me...

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-09-14, 10:18   Link #160
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Well our aim is:

- Make the OC thread look less intimidating to newcomers.

We have several ideas:

- Split Profiles and Interactions
- Remake a new second thread
- Everyone update and back up all their profiles and histories, and delete the current one and start again. Something like a server reset, excpt everyone starts with whatever the ended the last season with.

Unfortunately, each have their problems. Ideas?