AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-12-11, 03:36   Link #1061
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Now to wait for the torrents to go live. :3
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 03:45   Link #1062
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post

mm

and ss4 is actually out already
Oh gawd, is that Reinforce I?
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 04:05   Link #1063
aers
*Fansubber

23. To The Real /スバル・ナカジマ&ティアナ・ランスター&エリオ・モンディアル&キャロ・ル・ルシエ (CV:斉藤千和&中原麻衣&井上麻里奈&高橋美佳子)

I don't really know what to say about this song. It's so.. .. ... no comment.

14. 真紅の花 /ヴィータ (CV:真田アサミ)

Vita is love

25. Endless Chain /フェイト・T・ハラオウン (CV:水樹奈々)

Decent.
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 04:23   Link #1064
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
*raises a bottle of water*
I was thinking about this a few days ago... And how the series might end with this... (and the last manga chapter...)
There's always a spinoff from a spinoff...

But we'll see... Personally, I don't think it would end yet, but if it does, I doubt we'll be too affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Be sure to tell me how interesting (-_-) the tracks are.
I won't be getting it

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Oh gawd, is that Reinforce I?
Easy there hot-shot, that looks like it's from SS03...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 04:52   Link #1065
Ottocycle

Quote:
23. To The Real /スバル・ナカジマ&ティアナ・ランスター&エリオ・モンディアル&キャロ・ル・ルシエ (CV:斉藤千和&中原麻衣&井上麻里奈&高橋美佳子)

I don't really know what to say about this song. It's so.. .. ... no comment.
The Forwards song.
IMO actually generically decent, but only because of the overall tune and Nakahara Mai(Tia), and to a certain extent Inoue Marina(Erio). The other two at least didn't drag the song down. So kudos.

Quote:
14. 真紅の花 /ヴィータ (CV:真田アサミ)

Vita is love
Vita's song.
Insta-win! Sanada Asami got a golden performance by preserving character demeanour in this song.

Quote:
25. Endless Chain /フェイト・T・ハラオウン (CV:水樹奈々)

Decent.
Fate's second song.
All in a day's work for Mizuki Nana. IMO better than some of her GREAT ACTIVITY songs though.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 04:55   Link #1066
cpxmay
Gensokyo Adventurer

I like Endless Chain~
And yes! Vita's song is the best.
The forwards song is kinda...normal.

I have been hoping for a NxF song since Soundstage1 but...oh well.....
Old 2007-12-11, 10:10   Link #1067
Key Board
Carbon

SS04 out

It seems Nanoha is really going to retire from titular character if a 4th season is ever produced

but not before passing on her trademark hellish tools to the next generation
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 15:29   Link #1068
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Hmm, track 11 seems pretty content filled (well, for me at least ) Can someone give me a rough translation?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 19:04   Link #1069
Mirificus

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
There haven't been any for so long? Funny.
Spoiler for length:

Sano Hiroaki's music is still pretty darn good, too bad the scenes didn't fit that well this time...
Thanks for the translations.
Old 2007-12-11, 19:25   Link #1070
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Is there anything remotely interesting at all ? Except for the song that is...
Old 2007-12-11, 21:11   Link #1071
Key Board
Carbon

depends on what you consider interesting

but I can summarize, if everyone sits down like good children and pays attention to the teacher

*ahem*

Nanoha received lasting damage from her reckless beam orgy during episode in episode 25
her magic powers are reduced by 8% percent

Shamal thinks this might be a trend, so she wants Nanoha to take a year off from magic. Two years if possible

Nanoha says that she's not sure if she'll fully recover even if she rests that long. Instead, she decides to use the remaining time until graduation to pass on her offensive magic to her students.

She notes of Teana's relatively high long range aptitude, so she decides to teach none other than her defining white devil spell to Teana; Starlight Breaker

She will teach Axel Shooter to Caro, and she will teach Erio her charging lance technique.

As for Subaru, she intends to teach her, the real version of Divine Buster and perfect her ACS

In the final practice duel between her and Subaru, Subaru manages to finally break Nanoha's shield with her IS: Shindouken (Vibration Shatter Fist) An accomplishment which does not escape the eyes of others. Nanoha is fired up and charges her full drive Excellion Buster, Subaru charges up her Divine Buster... they fire upon each other and... the world is destroyed..

well, not really

regarding the Numbers,

Even though they have pledged cooperation, it still does not absolve all of their crimes. Cinque had realized very early that even if they were released, they would not be truly free and experience limited rights. Cinque decided to cooperate because she was worried about her other sisters who would be lost alone in a world and wanted to be with them.

Regardless, the girls seem interested to see what the outside world is like

She believes that with time, their situation will eventually change, though. Perhaps she's considering working for government in exchange for something?

what I am seeing from all of this seems to confirm what I suspected about season 3, though

It feels like setup for things to come, and Nanoha will probably be de-emphasized
Old 2007-12-11, 21:17   Link #1072
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
depends on what you consider interesting

but I can summarize, if everyone sits down like good children and pays attention to the teacher

*ahem*

Well now, that IS interesting

And it just occurred to me, Oh yeah, Nanoha never taught them any spells...

But... Isn't it alittle too early for Teana to...

But in any case, tell us more! Tell us more !
Old 2007-12-11, 21:19   Link #1073
Tormenk

Very enlightening though this is a bit surprising. Quite some developments that they decide to leave to the SS again.

FlameSparkZ was dead on about the Cinque bit though. Now for the waves to hit Outer Cadia..

Wait. Until the graduation? So this part takes place in the time period of ep 26 and they had to shove it to ep 27.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Last edited by Tormenk; 2007-12-11 at 21:32.
Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 21:30   Link #1074
Key Board
Carbon

my (probably warped) theory is Nanoha was too insecure to pass on her spells to her students.
with her seemingly going downhill from now, she felt it was logical to finally pass on the torch

but I could be wrong

anyway,

They assess that the cadets are nearing A rank clearance soon. In fact the instructors are betting who among Subaru, Teana and Erio who will actually skip a rank and go to rank AA clearance

Caro is estimated at rank A composite. Though, with her summons in consideration they might give her an A+ clearance

The grave for Quint Nakajima and Tida Lanster are actually within the same cemetery. Subaru and Teana go together and pay their respects.
Old 2007-12-11, 21:31   Link #1075
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Very enlightening though this is a bit surprising. Quite some developments that they decide to leave to the SS again.

FlameSparkZ was dead on about the Cinque bit though. Now for the waves to hit Outer Cadia..

Wait. Until the graduation? So this part takes place in the time period of ep 26 and they had to shove it to ep 27.5?
To be fair, unlike SOME stuff that filled SS01 ~ SS03, the things in SS04, are mostly fill-in stuff, that for SS, are good places to settle in.

We already know the rookies had improved and all that, but stuff like how much they've improved, etc etc along with what they'll learn from the master and all that are more background in nature. And Nanoha slowly 'pass the torch' is also not definitive in the current time.

Because while Nanoha would slowly break herself, StrikerS most likely won't be her end, unless there's a 10 year timeskip or something.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 21:35   Link #1076
Key Board
Carbon

I wonder if she will end up like Archer from Fate/Stay Night: years of reckless usage of magic to the point of altering her appearance

though, a tan Nanoha might be amusing
Old 2007-12-11, 21:41   Link #1077
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
To be fair, unlike SOME stuff that filled SS01 ~ SS03, the things in SS04, are mostly fill-in stuff, that for SS, are good places to settle in.

We already know the rookies had improved and all that, but stuff like how much they've improved, etc etc along with what they'll learn from the master and all that are more background in nature. And Nanoha slowly 'pass the torch' is also not definitive in the current time.

Because while Nanoha would slowly break herself, StrikerS most likely won't be her end, unless there's a 10 year timeskip or something.
The background matters can be passed over but the part of Nanoha suffering from such a condition and the stepping down part, though not of much impact to the StrikerS at this point, is still of importance. The positioning of the news looks to me as if it was born out of a afterthought.

Old 2007-12-11, 21:44   Link #1078
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Keep it coming...

Quote:
my (probably warped) theory is Nanoha was too insecure to pass on her spells to her students.
with her seemingly going downhill from now, she felt it was logical to finally pass on the torch

but I could be wrong
Or you could be right

But a simplier answer would be - She didn't thought it was necessary.

Quote:
anyway,

They assess that the cadets are nearing A rank clearance soon. In fact the instructors are betting who among Subaru, Teana and Erio who will actually skip a rank and go to rank AA clearance
Erio - He was shafted the most, having no impressive fights and any change. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's him

Teana - High chance due to her excellent planning and skill. But magic-wise, nothing powerful at all.

Subaru - Advantage of being Nanoha's fan. Has the highest potential in terms of magic and destruction. But not much of a thinker, rather straightforward fighter.

Quote:
The grave for Quint Nakajima and Tida Lanster are actually within the same cemetery. Subaru and Teana go together and pay their respects.
Small world.
Old 2007-12-11, 21:47   Link #1079
Key Board
Carbon

Actually, I think Midchilda really is a small world
Do you see anything else besides one megacity?

Everything else is ruins and abandoned structures

WMDs.... serious business

more info:

using both revolver knuckles is too heavy. Subaru can not use it effectively for real combat yet (punching through concrete is another thing), and I assume Ginga can't either since she never trained with both.
Old 2007-12-11, 21:56   Link #1080
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Keep it coming...
Strongly Seconded.

Quote:
Or you could be right

But a simplier answer would be - She didn't thought it was necessary.
A dying creature is eager to leave marks behind, to prove its existence.

Quote:
Erio - He was shafted the most, having no impressive fights and any change. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's him

Teana - High chance due to her excellent planning and skill. But magic-wise, nothing powerful at all.

Subaru - Advantage of being Nanoha's fan. Has the highest potential in terms of magic and destruction. But not much of a thinker, rather straightforward fighter.
For the fact Erio has the potential, it's likely he's just given the rank and shoved to somewhere else. He's already fulfilling that role. Subaru is similar to the younger Nanoha to some degree. The rank promotion also gives her the boost to take over from Nanoha next season, since the possibility is there now.

Quote:

more info:

using both revolver knuckles is too heavy. Subaru can not use it effectively for real combat yet (punching through concrete is another thing), and I assume Ginga can't either since she never trained with both.
Quint, for all accounts a normal mage, must be made of really tough stuff to trump her cyborg daughters in this.

Tags
music