AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-06-22, 13:48   Link #3781
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Okay so I'm stuck in deciding between a few one-shots I want to write.

1. Touma gets turned evil and Misaka and Misaki have to team up to save/stop him.
2. Kanzaki and Itsuwa get their future read by a real fortune teller and learn they are destined to become Touma's maids. The fic is them attempting to escape that future in increasingly desperate (and funny) ways.
3. A fic where Misaka sees a lot of possible lives she could have lived, mostly serious but with some comedic moments.

Anybody have any preferences? I was gunna just pick one at random but if anybody wants to read a specific one let me know.
Old 2013-06-22, 14:03   Link #3782
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Since it is a pre-memory lost Touma, what will be your take to his IB?
Is your pre-memo lost Touma the same as the post-memo lost in terms of using the IB
or will pre-memo Touma can do something more than the current Touma like he has some sort of mastery in terms of using the IB but chooses not to do so, like the expansion of the field of eff of the IB as suggested by Terra in V16?
I liked the way post-memo Touma fought and used IB. I truly love it because there are just so many ways he can make it work with just that. So I think I'll stick with the original method used by post-memo Touma attest to doing drastic things like expansion of its negation field and such. It's a good theory, but I just think that would ruin his character.

But unlike Post Touma, the one in this fic has knowledge and some experience in redirecting certain things that pinned against him (like what he had done against Fiamma's flame-sword and in his fight with Birdway in the novels) much earlier. I don't know when someone of that caliber will surface, but I'm going to make sure to demonstrate that knowledge when the opportunity presents itself.

Quote:
Okay so I'm stuck in deciding between a few one-shots I want to write.

1. Touma gets turned evil and Misaka and Misaki have to team up to save/stop him.
2. Kanzaki and Itsuwa get their future read by a real fortune teller and learn they are destined to become Touma's maids. The fic is them attempting to escape that future in increasingly desperate (and funny) ways.
3. A fic where Misaka sees a lot of possible lives she could have lived, mostly serious but with some comedic moments.
Well.....I'd honestly go with #2 just because there aren't enough fics with those two in the limelight. So I say roll with that one if you want to step away from the typical Touma/Mikoto fic you see almost everywhere.

But it's ultimately up to you. I have no problem with any of these ideas, I just think #2 would be good for drawing out those Kanzaki and Itsuwa lovers; though the other two would most likely give you a more immediate reaction from the Misaka fans.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 18:24   Link #3783
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Well.....I'd honestly go with #2 just because there aren't enough fics with those two in the limelight. So I say roll with that one if you want to step away from the typical Touma/Mikoto fic you see almost everywhere.

But it's ultimately up to you. I have no problem with any of these ideas, I just think #2 would be good for drawing out those Kanzaki and Itsuwa lovers; though the other two would most likely give you a more immediate reaction from the Misaka fans.
Well that's true there is already a big imbalance of Touma/Misaka fics. So yeah I guess I'll start with that one. Thanks for the help curing my terminal indecisiveness.
Old 2013-06-22, 21:45   Link #3784
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Anytime friend, anytime.
Old 2013-06-22, 23:25   Link #3785
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Well that's true there is already a big imbalance of Touma/Misaka fics. So yeah I guess I'll start with that one. Thanks for the help curing my terminal indecisiveness.
Yeah! Kanzaki and Itsuwa as Meidos!
Old 2013-06-22, 23:33   Link #3786
demino_hellsin
That one guy

would it be an okay interpretation to pull a kakine teitoku and have Misha Kreutzev be separated from archangel gabriel?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 01:10   Link #3787
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

To answer that question....I really don't know. I'm a science guy, so magic and angel knowhow isn't my thing.

Question of my own now, would an independent group of armed men and women be wearing:
A) Men-In-Black style appearance
B) Anti-Skill body-armor
C) Casual clothing to blend in with a bullet-proof vests

Which do would you guys think is suitable?
Old 2013-06-23, 01:23   Link #3788
demino_hellsin
That one guy

pending on origin of faction. Generally the series has shown a gravitation towards MIBs. anti-skill equipment is exclusive to AC and generally I don't think they let those out of their jurisdiction unless they are obsolete models obtained with exorbitant transactions. The last type is a class fully used by spies. Tsuchimikado and Etzali come to mind.
Old 2013-06-23, 01:27   Link #3789
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Thanks for that demino, I needed that!

Now I just need to thumb through the chapter, do some changes and adjust a few things and Chapter 10 will be done! FINALLY!

I apologize for being....well, not useful towards answering your question.
Old 2013-06-23, 01:34   Link #3790
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I kind of understand. It's a difficult idea. I want to treat Misha Kreutzev and Archangel Gabriel as two different beings. Though they are supposed to be the same, I want them to be seen as two different personalities within the same body. Or more accurately, I wanted them to be completely different altogether.

I suppose the idea was that Misha Kreutzev is an existence which is exclusive from Archangel Gabriel. Misha who is actually a mix of all the angels but leaning towards gabriel whom she was based on. But Gabriel is the succeeded summon of the blueprint.

Basically, canon see Misha Kreutzev and Archangel Gabriel as one.

But my interpretation can either be:

A) Archangel Gabriel is nothing more than a programmed mass of Telesma. Misha Kreutzev is a program imperfectly copying that program. (However this theory can be negated by Angel Fall concept which says there are only a limited number of angels at any one time.

B) Misha Kreutzev is another Gabriel born during the short humanity experienced during Angel Fall. A personality that slowly grows into itself and separates from the parent being that is archangel Gabriel.
Old 2013-06-23, 01:49   Link #3791
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Option B actually sounds pretty plausable when you think about it.

I mean, if an angel is exposed to human nature; humanity as a whole is composed of sin and thus impure. Angels are beings of purity and that is the firm belief of me only when it concerns the Index universe of angels. That being said, and if we go by purity and impurity rule, then Misha is a fallen angel because it had lost its purity during that brief moment of humanity which was attained. That said, the possibility does exist for it to unfold in the manner which you are suggesting in option B.
Old 2013-06-23, 02:23   Link #3792
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

A Certain World of Darkness Chapter 10!

Enjoy.
Old 2013-06-23, 04:01   Link #3793
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Great Chapter! Thanks for the update.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 04:32   Link #3794
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Ugh, should be longer but I think I missed the timing.

Spoiler for Angels and a demon:

I once posted about an esper power that allowed one to see multiple endings, interpret the world in multiple ways and therefore give him access to multiple personal realities and powers. But that was the generic application on a higher level, at the very least that would have been level 4. What if this power was level 0 instead?

Before the ability to simulate a personal reality, one needs the ability to comprehend them first right? So basically what this level 0 version does is that it gives the user accurate information on the type of power a person's personal reality grants them as well as the preference of methods in how its used.

Level 1 would allow them to process a person's personal reality in parallel to calculate out the next move most likely to be used with the ability, knowing the exact limits and capabilities within only a few minutes.

Level 2 expands upon level 1 and allows a person's thoughts and feelings to be read via their personal reality.

Level 3 means that the esper has reached a stage where he can copy other personal realities but only in real time. This effect is normally used in parallel processing and causing AIM resonance.

Level 4 signifies the user has reached the ability to store a limited number of personal realities at up to level 3 for extended periods of time.

Level 5 the user at this point will have achieved the ability to freely create and store an unlimited number of personal realities. The level for each only reaches up to 4. By directly linking with someone of a similar personal reality, the specific personal reality it resonates with can generate level 5 abilities.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-06-23 at 19:13.
Old 2013-06-23, 15:50   Link #3795
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

^ God-damn that snippet was good, real good. Keep it up!
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 08:58   Link #3796
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Touma x Gabriel? No wonder the Knights Templar came to Academy City.
Old 2013-06-24, 11:34   Link #3797
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Instead of Gabriel, it's more specific to Misha. But I suppose canon says they are one and the same. but I still believe. If Gabriel is pure, then I suppose Misha is the impurity.
Old 2013-06-24, 12:28   Link #3798
NeutralZero

wait, isn't Misha, Michael?
And the only time s/he was ever really featured or made an appearance was the final part of the ww3...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 17:49   Link #3799
demino_hellsin
That one guy

No, Misha is the name the angel took during Angel Fall. Remember?
Old 2013-06-25, 04:02   Link #3800
NeutralZero

yeah that was but wasn't the one that actually fall in v4 was actually Michael and not Gabriel but because s/he has the element of Gabriel, they just assume it was Gabriel...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction