AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-05, 13:18   Link #41
Flarey
Fandub Voice Actor Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Actually, if they worked on two projects at once, wouldn't the quality of both decrease because, according to Jehuty77, they're a smaller company? They'd have to split their attention and effort between two projects, instead of putting 100% [I hope] into one project.
Well maybe they are trying to expand the company so they can work on more things at once? And besides, wouldn't production on LS be done by now? So they could have started some kind of work on Haruhi, and well the world wants it so maybe they have been working on both.
Old 2007-07-05, 13:22   Link #42
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flarey View Post
Well maybe they are trying to expand the company so they can work on more things at once? And besides, wouldn't production on LS be done by now? So they could have started some kind of work on Haruhi, and well the world wants it so maybe they have been working on both.
Why would production on Lucky Star be done by now?

Edit: Don't get me wrong; I want to see Haruhi S.2 as much as anyone else, but we have to realistic about this ^__^;.

Oh, fall/winter release in 2007.
Yay! That's not as far as I thought it would be.
Old 2007-07-05, 13:24   Link #43
Flarey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Why would production on Lucky Star be done by now?

Edit: Don't get me wrong; I want to see Haruhi S.2 as much as anyone else, but we have to realistic about this ^__^;.
Well, it airs like every week, you'd think they'd have the whole series done in time for it to air..why would they be pumping eps out for the next week as it has to go on tv, that'd make the quality even less.
Old 2007-07-05, 13:26   Link #44
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
According to Moon Phase, Haruhi season 2 is slated for a Fall/Winter 2007 release, an unnamed light novel adaptation in Spring 2008, and then CLANNAD in Fall of 2008...

It would suck if CLANNAD is really pushed back that far though. :/
As for the "unnamed light novel", I can only hope... (オワクロ!オワクロ!オワクロ!)
To be honest, I don't think Haruhi has enough episodes to justify pushing CLANNAD that far back. Especially since CLANNAD is getting a previewing in TBS Anime Festa next month. Plus, he said "it might be possible that CLANNAD is in Fall 2008"...

And speculation says a lot of things; let's wait for an official date.
Old 2007-07-05, 13:27   Link #45
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

That's a good point....
I don't think it'd have the whole series though.... They probably are at least 3-5 episodes ahead though.

But maybe....

Edit: Good point velocity ^__^.
Old 2007-07-05, 13:31   Link #46
The Sphinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flarey View Post
Well, it airs like every week, you'd think they'd have the whole series done in time for it to air..why would they be pumping eps out for the next week as it has to go on tv, that'd make the quality even less.
Most TV series episodes are completed only a few weeks prior to the air date of that episode. KyoAni is certainly still working on Lucky Star.
Old 2007-07-05, 13:33   Link #47
Furuhata
Another - 冥

Oh jezz...!! Good news guys

Season 2 will be better than season 1
Old 2007-07-05, 13:34   Link #48
velocity7

Also remember guys that Lucky Star is a budget anime, as you can tell; who knows what might happen. I don't recall KyoAni doing budget anime before...
Old 2007-07-05, 13:37   Link #49
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
Also remember guys that Lucky Star is a budget anime, as you can tell; who knows what might happen. I don't recall KyoAni doing budget anime before...
Eh?
Really?

I still think I'd be bothered if they released Haruhi at the same time as Lucky Star, but I'm kind of new to this, so it could just be my inexperience with companies.
Old 2007-07-05, 13:46   Link #50
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

These are most certainly exciting times. The voices of the anti-Haruhi naysayers are but the sounds of gnats against the torrential optimism of the show's many supporters.

Having read the Baka-Tsuki novel translations (many thanks, Kinny Riddle and others), I'm all the more excited, as I found some of the later stories to be even more interesting than the ones animated in the first season. I'm gleefully anticipating Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, Disappearance, Endless Eight, and Snow Mountain Syndrome, all of which I loved reading. A part of me is still apprehensive over the possibility that Kyoto Animation might screw up or the second season doesn't match up to the hype coming from the first season (as many sequels do), but KyoAni has shown itself to be quite consistant in my eyes. So long as they remain fairly faithful to the original (and they have a good track record at this), I think the strong source material should put to rest most of my fears.

It has been a fantastic week for me so far. May this Saturday not disappoint.

Edit: I'm expecting Haruhi to come out in Spring of 2008. Just saying. I just think it'd be weird to have Haruhi come out before CLANNAD, when the announcement for CLANNAD was made so much earlier.
Old 2007-07-05, 13:56   Link #51
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
SHnY is overrated. I enjoyed watching it but people just make such a big deal about it
Yeah, but just let them have their moment, I was this way too when Gundam 00 was announced. Although this is probably one of those epochs in time for some.

I think in their excitement, some people failed to notice that it says on July 10th they will be making an ANNOUNCEMENT. Not that it will be going into production, but that somebody is going to talk about it in greater detail.

@Mirrinus: I think they'd be to terrified of the fans to screw up. It's like Gundam, once you've created your monster you have to feed it, otherwise you get what happened with Gundam Seed Destiny and lots of people will never let you live it down.
Old 2007-07-05, 14:11   Link #52
Jehuty77
Legendary Hero

Send a message via MSN to Jehuty77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
According to Moon Phase, Haruhi season 2 is slated for a Fall/Winter 2007 release, an unnamed light novel adaptation in Spring 2008, and then CLANNAD in Fall of 2008...

It would suck if CLANNAD is really pushed back that far though. :/
As for the "unnamed light novel", I can only hope... (オワクロ!オワクロ!オワクロ!)
The unamed Light Novel could be FMP.

In any case KyoAni has 3 great series.
Old 2007-07-05, 14:19   Link #53
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
Maybe the "Haru-tards" are indeed overreacting, but who could blame them when Kyo-Ani is being so generous to their fans?

Your best bet to quell this hype is to join the anti-Haruhi brigade and vote against every one of their characters come the 2009 SaiMoe Tournament, whether fairly and squarely or by dubious methods, as with last year.
Uh, sure... because there's no middle ground, right? If you don't love the series, you must hate it, right? Right!?

Give me a break. It's comments like this those which make me agree with people like Kaioshin_Sama about the over-hypeness of the series' fans.

As for the show itself, I liked the first season, and sure as hell wouldn't mind another one. But I don't think they're gonna release it anytime soon... probably October 2007 or even December 2007 is the best bet.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.

Last edited by WanderingKnight; 2007-07-05 at 14:44.
Old 2007-07-05, 14:19   Link #54
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty77 View Post
The unamed Light Novel could be FMP.

In any case KyoAni has 3 great series.
3 great animes? hmm I don't know but I find them all pretty good. AIR , Kanon, SHnY, Lucky Star, Clannad.
Old 2007-07-05, 14:31   Link #55
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I think in their excitement, some people failed to notice that it says on July 10th they will be making an ANNOUNCEMENT. Not that it will be going into production, but that somebody is going to talk about it in greater detail.
I am wondering about this too.

I'll be pretty amazed if we even get to see a promo anytime soon.
Old 2007-07-05, 15:16   Link #56
Flarey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
No, it's says saturday July 7th not the 10th.
Old 2007-07-05, 15:28   Link #57
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

All I can wonder is if it'll spark another Haruhi dance craze. Lucky Star certainly hasn't :P
Old 2007-07-05, 15:32   Link #58
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
No, it's says saturday July 7th not the 10th.
The thing works like this: Saturday 7th will be the official announcement, and the in the August Newtype magazine (which strangely goes on sale July 10th) there will be official coverage.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-07-05, 15:34   Link #59
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post
All I can wonder is if it'll spark another Haruhi dance craze. Lucky Star certainly hasn't :P
well there are alot of the Lucky Star dance craze up there on youtube you just need to find it, but it's not as popular then the SHnY dance craze for sure.
Old 2007-07-05, 15:45   Link #60
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post
well there are alot of the Lucky Star dance craze up there on youtube you just need to find it, but it's not as popular then the SHnY dance craze for sure.
The Haruhi ED is almost *all* dancing, while the Lucky Star OP is not, so there's really just less material for people to imitate.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen